Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grace, A Build Newcrest Legacy Challenge//Update August 16th

Comments

• SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm here to taunt you with the current results in form of a pie chart!
    So I am definitely not telling who's who, you'll have to wait for that :lol:
    But I will tell you that I am super surprised by the votes up until now!
    For everyone still wanting to cast a vote, you definitely can! Vote on your favourite! Troian, Tatum or Farrah!

pie_chart_1.png

Also a quick little note for everyone whom attempted to vote multiple times, I'm super flattered that you adore my characters so much you took the effort to vote multiple times! But all your double votes are automatically removed by the system, so safe yourself the effort. ;)
  • rosiep2010rosiep2010 Posts: 247 Member
    I can't wait to see who wins!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Considering you're saying you're surprised, I have the majority has been voting for the same person as me :D
    rosiep2010 wrote: »
    I can't wait to see who wins!

Me neither! I am already planning chapters for after the vote :lol:
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Considering you're saying you're surprised, I have the majority has been voting for the same person as me :D

That wouldn't surprise me, but I'm still receiving votes so anything can happen! I'll reveal the results and why I found them surprising after revealing the heir ;)

• KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @Sterretjeee - I can't wait to see who won! Look forward to why you found it surprising :smiley:
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
    Kamio wrote: »
    @Sterretjeee - I can't wait to see who won! Look forward to why you found it surprising :smiley:

Me neither! Is it Thursday yet? :lol:
    @Sterretjeee - pretty sure it's Thursday :wink:

At least it is if I muck around with the clock and date in my phone :smile:

So excited to see the results!
    @Sterretjeee - pretty sure it's Thursday :wink:

At least it is if I muck around with the clock and date in my phone :smile:

So excited to see the results!

Close enough :lol:
  • sims4evasims4eva Posts: 76 Member
    I swear, there are so many winky face emoticons in this thread currently that even people who have no idea what the heck is going on would want to know what the secret is. Seriously, ;)
    sims4eva wrote: »
    I swear, there are so many winky face emoticons in this thread currently that even people who have no idea what the heck is going on would want to know what the secret is. Seriously, ;)

The power of the winky face! ;):lol:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Caught up! What drama! I was so sad about Valentine and Tatum...that's a ship that sank quick! :( I don't know why, but I don't see him with Troian. And I'm so glad Blue found the life potion!!! Yay! No death for a while. <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Caught up! What drama! I was so sad about Valentine and Tatum...that's a ship that sank quick! :( I don't know why, but I don't see him with Troian. And I'm so glad Blue found the life potion!!! Yay! No death for a while. <3

Glad you caught up! Quite some happenings in the last chapters, I admit. ;)
    I love having Blue and Sophia in my game a little longer too <3
  • jswizzlejswizzle Posts: 64 Member
    Ahh! Finally all caught up, I'm super disappointed I missed the heir vote though. :neutral: I'm really rooting for Farrah, despite the poll being over! ;)
    jswizzle wrote: »
    Ahh! Finally all caught up, I'm super disappointed I missed the heir vote though. :neutral: I'm really rooting for Farrah, despite the poll being over! ;)

Glad you caught up! If your vote makes any difference I'll count it nevertheless, okay? Don't worry ;)
    3.1 Not a college girl

9_5_16_16_50_27.png

Farrah's footsteps echoed through the almost empty house. Apart from all the necessities to live, among some other things, everything was packed, stored in boxes, making every sound repeat over and over again until it faded into nothingness. And Farrah was actually getting used to it. It was early in the morning when she heard the copy of her very own steps resound through the room. Unlike her sister she hadn't went to college after high school, yet she still had rhythm in her life. Wake up, breakfast, rethink life... Etcetera.

9_5_16_16_52_54.png

Right now she was at the breakfast part, which she often combined with rethink life. Job hunting hadn't been easy up to now, and it was only a matter of time until she and her parents would move the boxes, that filled every nook and cranny, to the new build estate at the east-side of the city. Farrah and her father had thought it out together, had watched it get build. And now that it was finally finished, it was time to make good use of it. Until now Farrah had procrastinated this. At this exact moment she lived with her parents, she hadn't moved out because she didn't have a stable life. But as they would move into the new home, it would feel like her parents were living with her. And that meant she had to be responsible for her home. Job applications are hard, though.

9_5_16_16_51_13.png

More than her home, she would miss her sisters. She actually already had to. Tatum had moved into the started her father had build down the block, as a woman close to finishing her second year of college she didn't have the want to live with her parents anymore. Troian never officially moved out, but she did move into dorms soon after starting college. The part that relieved Farrah the most was that her childhood home wouldn't be sold to some stranger, Troian would move in soon after Farrah moved out.

9_5_16_16_54_51.png

After rethinking life came showering, which is basically also rethinking life. Especially these moments alone were the moments that Farrah worried about getting a job. She had been applying for months now, but every after interview Farrah was denied whatever function she applied for. And that didn't quite surprise her, Farrah had a way with words. On paper. As soon as she had to actually speak them she blocked from nerves. Besides that, she basically applied to every appropriate job she found. She was still very unsure about what she wanted to do for the rest of her life.

9_5_16_16_56_43.png

The only thing that remotely soothed her, was writing. Inspiration had hit her in an unexpected moment, but once gotten a hold of it she refused to let go. Every free moment, in between job hunting and chores, she crawled behind her computer to seal her thoughts into words.

9_5_16_16_57_10.png

"No... That's not it either" As I said, remotely soothing..
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Yay Farrah <3

Though I hope we do get to see a resolution of the whole twin drama! Also, how come Tatum only gets a starter home while Troian gets the old family home?

Also, I actually find Farrah taking up an interest in writing quite believable - either you did the transition well, or we were quite lucky! :) I don't think I ever mentioned this, but it's pretty brave of you to a Build Newcrest and have the heir chosen by vote rather than just selecting whoever is the most suitable candidate for the task based on their traits - I'd never make that work!
  • roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    If I am right Farrah is a heir :) It's great as I voted for her ;) I am sure she'll be a great creator <3
    ThePlumbob wrote: »
    Yay Farrah <3

Though I hope we do get to see a resolution of the whole twin drama! Also, how come Tatum only gets a starter home while Troian gets the old family home?

Also, I actually find Farrah taking up an interest in writing quite believable - either you did the transition well, or we were quite lucky! :) I don't think I ever mentioned this, but it's pretty brave of you to a Build Newcrest and have the heir chosen by vote rather than just selecting whoever is the most suitable candidate for the task based on their traits - I'd never make that work!

You'll definitely will not be left in the dark about the twins, it will be revealed over a few chapters though. It'll also be made clear why whom got which home, I have my reasons and tried to stir up some questions. Mission completed! :lol:

Thank you so much for the compliment! I find letting my readers choose my heir challenging, it makes writing more interesting for me and encourages me to discover more storylines! I agree Farrah was quite a logical choice, but I must admit I've thought out everybody's story except hers :lol:
    If I am right Farrah is a heir :) It's great as I voted for her ;) I am sure she'll be a great creator <3

Glad your choice got picked! I think she'll do great too :)
  • anaitapevaanaitapeva Posts: 917 Member
    Your taugnting me now! It is Farrah right?
    Marialein wrote: »
    Yay :)<3 Farrah

Yay! <3
    Your taugnting me now! It is Farrah right?

Hahaha, I would be more mysterious if some people on the thread hadn't figured it out yet. My hints weren't that subtle :D
    It is indeed Farrah :blush:
    edited May 2016
    3.2 Coming home

13_5_16_16_17_38.png

It was nearly evening when Troian arrived home, only a few weeks ago she had been there too. Seeing what furniture she could and couldn't keep. Being told to make the house more 'homey'. Troian already found her house homey, so luckily this hadn't been much work. That would've been too tiring in her state. But today she would actually move in, and that was quite a difference from her cramped dorm room.
    13_5_16_16_18_46.png

"Troi!" Troian was surprised by her sisters who had taken place at the familiar breakfast table. "Welcome home!" They sung in choir, a big orange banner decorated the dining room window as her sister stood up to hug her. She hadn't expected them at all, since both of them had their own homes now.

13_5_16_16_19_20.png

13_5_16_16_20_18.png

"I missed you guys so much!" Troian squealed as she pulled both her sisters in for a tight hug. "Crazy! We saw you only a month ago!" Tatum said, rubbing her sisters back. "No, she's right, Tatum. Look at how much she has grown!" Tatum smiled, taking a good look at Troian as she loosened herself from her twin. "You're right, I don't remember you to be that big!"

13_5_16_16_22_02.png

"Do you have pictures, yet?" Farrah asked, at which Troian nodded. Swiftly she pulled her phone out. "Sorry, didn't take them with me. They're on here, though." She said smiling. "Troi, that's so adorable!" Farrah was pretty sure it would only be a matter of time until her other sister caught the baby fever.

13_5_16_16_23_52.png

"You are not not showing them to me, right?" Farrah, said semi-offended. "Of course not! I'll send them to both of you, okay?" Farrah gave an approving nod as Troian walked around the table. She laid her hand on her younger sister's shoulder. "Want to see it's room? It used to be yours." An enthusiastic nod was all she needed.

13_5_16_16_30_16.png

"It's so adorable!" Tatum said. "Well, it's not finished. We need curtains." Troian answered sceptical. "I couldn't find any to my likings, yet." Meanwhile Farrah admired the closet. "I wish this was here when it was my room!" She said, her eyes tracing the wood. Troian gave a quick nod. "It's huge, isn't it? It takes a lot of space, though."

13_5_16_16_32_54.png

Troian then brought her hand to her stomach. "Is it kicking?" Tatum asked enthusiastic. "Can I feel?" Troian shook her head. "No, just turning a little. You can't really feel them, yet. Much to Ryan's disliking." Her eyes turned into half moons as she smiled. "I can't wait till you can."

13_5_16_16_34_11.png

"You should call, when we can. I wouldn't want to miss it." Farrah said, admiring her sisters tiny bump. She knew a little baby was growing in there, would be walking the earth in only a matter of time, and it really excited her. She would be an aunt.

13_5_16_16_34_32.png

"Of course I will, don't worry Far." Troian reassured smiling. Farrah had read much about pregnant woman glowing, but never had she fully understood what that meant. Her sister changed that.