March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get certain worlds?

I've seen a lot of people mention worlds like Lucky Palms, Aurora Skies, and others but I don't know where to get them from. They aren't on the Exchange and in the store I only see Barnacle Bay, Dragon Valley, Roaring Heights, Monte Vista, and Hidden Springs. Where do I go to see these other worlds?

Comments

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited May 2016
    They should be showing up on this page in the store. I can see them there.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    You can also buy them at stores that sell The Sims 3 games as well, but you'll still need an internet connection, because it would be a download.
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    edited May 2016
    That's what I get for trusting Origins to show me everything. Thanks for the link.

Is there any difference between the Worlds you have to pay money for (e.g Roaring Heights) and the Worlds you can get for SimPoints (e.g. Sunlit Tides)?
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    edited May 2016
    Keth wrote: »
    That's what I get for trusting Origins to show me everything. Thanks for the link.

Is there any difference between the Worlds you have to pay money (e.g Roaring Heights) for and the Worlds you can get for SimPoints (e.g. Sunlit Tides)?

The worlds you get for SimPoints can't be sold in stores.

It's some legal thing that stops them from putting them into stores.

In some countries people can't get SimPoints either (I think) so having some of the worlds available in stores allows those people to add extra worlds to their games.

If they are available in stores then you can't use sim points to buy them.

EDIT: The Exception to this is Hidden Springs which was sold for Sim points and placed in Stores before this legal issue started.
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Monte Vista must be an exception as well, because I bought it in a store, as half of a two-pack along with Hidden Springs. Sure wish EA would put all the worlds on deep discount but oh well. I'm currently playing Dragon Valley and have always loved that one.
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    Monte Vista must be an exception as well, because I bought it in a store, as half of a two-pack along with Hidden Springs. Sure wish EA would put all the worlds on deep discount but oh well. I'm currently playing Dragon Valley and have always loved that one.

Monte Vista is a $19.99 world in the TS3 store. I bought it (or rather the code-in-the-box) off Amazon and got the bundle with Hidden Springs because it was a lot cheaper that way.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)