Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is my doggy glitched?

So I know that the life span is more of an estimate than a set day. But I have it on long and 99 days for dogs, and my family's dog Luna is 110 days old now. I feel like that's a bit long. She was a puppy when the parents were young adults - they are now both almost elders and their children just became young adults. Their second dog, Brooks, is at 96 days.
My plan was when Brooks dies to kill Luna, because she has been alive soo long.
But I'm wondering if her aging is goofed from the 4 different towns they've lived in/been Nraas Porter'd to.

Comments

• BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    The number of days of the lifespan isn't a set number. It's just like Sims, based on the type of care the dog had throughout its life. For example, if they've been fed home-made pet food their lifespan will be slightly longer. Once they reach the end of their days there is a percentage chance of them dying each day.
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • MiyuEmiMiyuEmi Posts: 2,404 Member
    I'm sure she's fine. As said above, all sims, pets included, have a percentage chance to be saved from death and I've had a couple of dogs who lived longer than their feline counterparts, despite having a shorter lifespan bar. Your dog is just getting lucky.
    Screenshot-56.jpg[/img]
    Crowley Family Legacy Patriarch - Jonah Crowley
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    My (human) sims' lifespan is 242 sim days. I've seen a few fortunate inactives make it well into their 290s before their time was up -- probably some dogs have been that lucky as well along the way. As a percentage of total lifespan, I would say your dog's situation is not really that unusual. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Ah, nope. I think she's broken. I tried to just trigger age transition on her (via Master Controller) and my whole game borked and I recieved a "Flagrant System Error Sims3.SimIFace.ResetException" and the clock froze at 9:34PM and she would not die and everyone just kept mourning at the not dying dog. I googled and I know that error is caused by the AM mod, which I have redownloaded and all that stuff.
    But considering it has NEVER happened before until I tried to kill the dog, I think she broke it somehow :P
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Yikes. Instead of an age transition then, can you use MC to Force Kill the poor thing or does the same thing happen? Does a MC Reset on her change anything?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net