Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Community Lot Time Glitch

Purplepiper767Purplepiper767 Posts: 77 Member
Has anyone figured out how to get rid of that community lot time glitch? For example, I took my sim out in the morning, then brought him back home at night, but upon returning to my home lot, it was still morning.

Comments

• thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    It's not a glitch that's how the game works :) time freezes, it's a gift and a curse if you know how to work with it lol
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Definitely not a glitch. I love the fact that time freezes when you leave for a community lot. Besides, that's why the game gives you a pop up message stating, "The game will be saved in it's current location if you choose to leave the lot. Continue anyway?" or something like that.
    Definitely not a glitch. I love the fact that time freezes when you leave for a community lot. Besides, that's why the game gives you a pop up message stating, "The game will be saved in it's current location if you choose to leave the lot. Continue anyway?" or something like that.

Lol the pop up is for just in case you want to save at home or a community lot the time is separate :)

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I wish the time would sync. There used to be a mod that was so glorious! If you had one sims leave to the community lot, it would save the time where it was at home. Then you'd go with that sim, do whatever and go home. Here's where it was good. Once you got back to the home lot, the sims that was gone would stay off world until the time you left the community lot. And you'd use that time to play the sims you left behind.

That was literally the greatest mod for TS2, but the Creator stopped updating it after AL. :(

There is a cheat code ( Sethour 05 ). I would change my home time to the time it was when i left the community lot.Also change the number to fit what you want 00-24 ?

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    There is a cheat code ( Sethour 05 ). I would change my home time to the time it was when i left the community lot.Also change the number to fit what you want 00-24 ?

If you do this, make sure you stop at hour 17 and let it pass past 6 pm if you play with aging and want to keep aging constant. Also stop at 23 since you can't change the day with the cheat so you'd have to stop at 11 pm and let it progress to 12 am naturally.

I'd be wary of skipping past the hours Sims are intended to return home from work or school. I don't know if that causes issues, but given EA's track record, I personally wouldn't risk it with a neighborhood I was invested in.

But that is a valid way of keeping time constant when you travel to a community lot
    Seera1024 wrote: »

If you do this, make sure you stop at hour 17 and let it pass past 6 pm if you play with aging and want to keep aging constant. Also stop at 23 since you can't change the day with the cheat so you'd have to stop at 11 pm and let it progress to 12 am naturally.

I'd be wary of skipping past the hours Sims are intended to return home from work or school. I don't know if that causes issues, but given EA's track record, I personally wouldn't risk it with a neighborhood I was invested in.

But that is a valid way of keeping time constant when you travel to a community lot

Yes i have not used that cheat since 2007 also i didn't have sim children at that time so i think my game was okay, but now i play without it because of that :) thanks for the reminder.

• SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    That was literally the greatest mod for TS2, but the Creator stopped updating it after AL. :(

Then you'll be thrilled to know Chris Hatch updated it. I don't use it but the file name is CJH_TimeController and as far as I know Chris Hatch still has his stuff at Back Alley Sims.
    OMG! @SleepycatDSL you just made me giggle with excitement! *sneaks off to the back alley
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Then you'll be thrilled to know Chris Hatch updated it. I don't use it but the file name is CJH_TimeController and as far as I know Chris Hatch still has his stuff at Back Alley Sims.

@SleepycatDSL - it didn't work. Have you used it before? Since I put it in, the time slowed, but the community lot time didn't sync. It also made the mod to adjust the aging not work.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    @Mstybl95 Nope, sorry. I've never had any interest in using it. Lots of people use it though so maybe ask for help at modthesims.com ...maybe a load order issue?
    Darn...I was so hoping it would work. Oh well.

I did change the order, but I'm still trying. I need this to work!
  • aquabluefoxaquabluefox Posts: 74 Member
    I use the mod listed here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7462.0.html

I have the Ultimate Collection and haven't had any problems.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I use the mod listed here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7462.0.html

I have the Ultimate Collection and haven't had any problems.

That one hasn't been updated for Apartment Life and the warning at the top says use with any other code may cause a BFBVS: MATY code for neighborhood corruption.

Personally, I wouldn't use it unless my latest EP was Pets if I was installing version 4, Seasons if installing version 5, and FreeTime if I was installing version 6. Since the Ultimate Collection comes with Apartment Life and that was released after FreeTime, it makes the mod not updated for Apartment Life. And I personally don't use mods unless they've been okayed for usage with the latest EP, I've got installed.