Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I still love scenery

Comments

• Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited May 2016
    @cwaddell You take a picture with the camera in your sims inventory (best camera can be found in Al Simhara's shops but also in buyDebug - its a black rather expensive one). If you play with Mastercontroller, max out the photographic skill to be sure to have good pictures. Once the picture is taken, you buy a digital photoframe and put it on the wall (or on a desk if it's a smaller version) and then you open your camera's inventory and drag and drop! Voilà! :) I hope this helped...
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited May 2016
    jillbg wrote: »
    @cwaddell You take a picture with the camera in your sims inventory (best camera can be found in Al Simhara's shops but also in buyDebug - its a black rather expensive one). If you play with Mastercontroller, max out the photographic skill to be sure to have good pictures. Once the picture is taken, you buy a digital photoframe and put it on the wall (or on a desk if it's a smaller version) and then you open your camera's inventory and drag and drop! Voilà! :) I hope this helped...

Thank you. In the past I just hung photos from my camera (it's been awhile so I don't remember exactly how). I think I might have bought one of the digital frame once but didn't put 2 and 2 together. :)

P.S. Great pictures everyone. I'm really enjoying them.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Got some more pics, I think these are okay but not exactly the best.
    Screenshot-221_zpsmdx0pcn5.jpg
    Screenshot-850_zpsp73tm0fp.jpg
    Screenshot-1004_zpsxoirumal.jpg
    Screenshot-1005_zps8dcypgvz.jpg
    giphy.gif

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    @cwaddell ... Thankfully @jillbg saw your post and gave you the info.
    I think you can hang the pictures from the camera by dragging them to wall.
    I only use the digital frames because they allow you to do a few more things.

With the digital frames you can recolor the frames to match the rest of your interior design.
    You can also load several pictures into a digital frame.
    You can either change them out every now and again ... Or set them to produce a slideshow.

If you want to just try something fun ... Take a few cell phone photos with friends.
    Get the second frame in the progression (there are 4 frames) ... And load up the cellphone photos you took.
    Then set the frame to do a slideshow ... And while your game is running the pictures will change.

Once you get further into your Sim's skill level ... You have way more options.
    Here's a few examples of using scenery to decorate your house ...

A1_zps10eb2e23.jpg

photos4_zpse07a53d5.jpg
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    @BlackSand I didn't know about the slide show! Must try that!
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    BlackSand wrote: »
    @cwaddell ... Thankfully @jillbg saw your post and gave you the info.
    I think you can hang the pictures from the camera by dragging them to wall.
    I only use the digital frames because they allow you to do a few more things.

With the digital frames you can recolor the frames to match the rest of your interior design.
    You can also load several pictures into a digital frame.
    You can either change them out every now and again ... Or set them to produce a slideshow.

If you want to just try something fun ... Take a few cell phone photos with friends.
    Get the second frame in the progression (there are 4 frames) ... And load up the cellphone photos you took.
    Then set the frame to do a slideshow ... And while your game is running the pictures will change.

Once you get further into your Sim's skill level ... You have way more options.
    Here's a few examples of using scenery to decorate your house ...

A1_zps10eb2e23.jpg

photos4_zpse07a53d5.jpg

Love these examples. And thanks for the info. I'm definitely going try a world traveling photographer again, only I'll get her farther in skill before settling her down. :)
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    @cwaddell .. An easy way to build skill is with the subjects of the photo.
    The game recognizes important buildings and objects ... And pictures of those will build your skill quicker.

Go around town and take pictures of the Bookstore, Theater, Diner, Bistro, City Hall, Gym. Hospital, Sports Arena.
    Take pictures of Sims doing things ... Fishing, playing instruments, dancing, running, bicycling and whatnot.

Objects have higher values ... There is a "car" and there is an "expensive car" or even a "police cruiser".
    A Panoramic Picture of an "alien vehicle" parked somewhere has a base value of $1200 ... And can bring $3500+ at the consignment store.

If you take the same picture on the same day ... The value and skill benefit will decrease for subsequent photos.
    But ... That resets every day ... And the value/skill benefit will be back up the following day.

Once you have advanced your skill to a decent level ... The photos will really help.
    They allow you to make your builds "uniquely personal" ... Without adding a lot of third party custom content.

4x4%20063_zpsskos2ktn.jpg

4x4%20064_zpsodoknygg.jpg
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    Love all of these pics so much,you all get an awesome. They remind me of just why I want to be a Sim. Apart from the whole someone-controlling-your-every-move,possibly getting walled in/drowned/set on fire thing I mean.......
    "It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    Some screenshots from my game today in Lucky Palms.

During the day
    Screenshot-197_zps6btnejzv.jpg
    Screenshot-203_zpsqzfz3m3a.jpg
    Screenshot-204_zpsk1jdzm7u.jpg

Moon set, right before sunrise
    Screenshot-208_zpsgsvyavnw.jpg
    Screenshot-213_zpsquyuvdnx.jpg
    Screenshot-216_zpsjwcfyyji.jpg
  • Options
    CharityHopeCharityHope Posts: 570 Member
    Beautiful shots Cwaddell!
  • Options
    Beautiful shots Cwaddell!

Thank you.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I can't get enough of scenery pics. It's nice to poke my head in here every once in a while and see some amazing shots. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've been playing in Riverview for the first generation in the LEPacy challenge. I have to admit it's my first time playing this world.. I might of loaded it once years ago when I first got TS3 in 2011.
    tumblr_o6dpr5eYIf1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_o6gkh9PnIh1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    tumblr_o69kqagVic1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_o64m7d5cwu1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_o64a4bNCY31ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_o69xlixesY1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_o69xlixesY1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    tumblr_o69xlixesY1ssiu0eo3_1280.png
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    @cwaddell, Beautiful pictures! I love the angles you captured.

@Rflong7, I love the rainy day pictures you captured. I have some of your worlds that you created that I play in, and they are just breathtaking!

@Simasaurus09, All of your pictures are so vibrant and picture perfect, they could be postcards.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    The first two screenshots were taken awhile ago but the third taken yesterday.
    ftdiqx.jpg
    illx4x.jpg
    2uj5cia.jpg
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    GirklGirkl Posts: 254 Member
    @cwaddell Yum that Lucky Palms lighting <3

@Rflong7 Just like real life (at least here in the UK)- even thinking about going near a beach causes the heavens to open! (Love those beach huts,we actually have lots of those near where I live,they instantly remind me of summer,even if it is soggy ones)

@Simasaurus09 Gorgeous! I love Riverview for my farmer Sims,and it always seems to run smoothly too.

@Deshong04 So picturesque *sighs happily*

"It's better to be over the hill than under it"
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    @Dylan.Walsh What a good looking sim and a fantastic world! Did you build it yourself?

Thank you alanmichael The world is called Beach City you can find it on google.
  • Options
    skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    @Deshong04, Your light house pictures are beautiful.

@Dylan.Walsh, You have some really beautiful pictures. I really like the one of the boat with the bridge in the background.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • Options
    Girkl wrote: »
    @cwaddell Yum that Lucky Palms lighting <3
    Thanks and agree about the lighting in L P. It changes throughout the day giving some beautiful effects.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks so much! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    v2uu6t.jpg
    SXROuUH.jpg
    Random buildings in Midnight Hollow.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I love the sunrises and sunsets in the game