Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    Look, I get the marketing. I get the building anticipation. Heck, I even get their (stupid) rules. But this is a product they wish me to pay money for. It's very simple what I ask; I want to know what I'm buying. If they can't tell me that then I, at the very least, want a brief oversight of what and where this may be heading so I can decide if investing my money into an ongoing product is worth it.

A lot of you may be comfortable waiting around with nothing. I'm not. And I'll say so.

--T

You'll know when you'll be able to buy.

At least, we haven't paid a Season pass, think how long players had to wait for game like Fallout 4 to know what they paid for.

What? When what? I'm not talking about when. Re-read my post, please.
    @Neia We had to wait ~four months, and now we know in detail what the DLC will be and the total amount of DLC they plan on adding for the year. There are also beta tests for the new features. The three add ons that have been announced have trailers and lots of info available now, and they said they will be announcing more stuff at E3 in June this year. Besides that, the stuff they have announced is huge, and there is also a lot of free stuff to be patched in - which has also been explained and made available via open beta. The new EP is said to be the largest land mass ever added as DLC in any Beth game, so not only are we getting lots of info - after yes, a bit of a wait - but the info we are getting suggests that the content will be huge and well worth the cost. Personally I didn't get the seasons pass mainly because of my recent experiences with EA games (Dragon Age: O, and Sims 4 both let me down and I pre ordered both.) I swore to not buy games site unseen after that. Now I am kicking myself because they've raised the price of the F4 season's pass - I shoulda just trusted Beth from the start! Not all game companies subscribe to this secretive marketing policy, nor do they all feel the need to simplify their games and cut corners everywhere. EA makes me so sad, the way they approach marketing and budgeting makes me feel like there must be very little room for innovation by the devs as they are so focused on making the most they can out of the least amount of resources. For an artistic endeavor like game creation that approach might lead to higher margins in the short term but it doesn't lead to a better experience for the player, and I imagine it won't lead to better margins in the long term either.

Also, this ^

--T

Oh you're aren't talking about future stuff then ? I think the information about what you are buying is pretty good actually. There's an overview of all the items which are included in each pack, available on their website, and in game. I like it ! Then they did a couple of video before each EPs which highlighted the features included. And there's also this forum, where I'm sure a lot of simmers would be happy to answer any question you may have about what you are buying.

Do you do this on purpose? Like, just dance around the point? I think it's been made pretty clear what I'm talking about and it's not about what's currently in the Origin store.

--T
  • KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

I've gotten to the point where I don't even want anything from this iteration anymore. I just want it dead. Everything is so...so sloppy. I really hope they're making TS5 now and sticking the newbies on this game. Because if this is what they're best is this is beyond sad. Seriously sad. Until then I'll proudly keep nagging at things that come to mind and hopefully wake some of these folks out of their hypnosis.

To OP. We can all guess what's going to be in it. A couple chairs, tables, a podium and an oven to spawn a random NPC. As far as owning a restaurant it's not what people will expect at all. Probably deal with constant chatting still and employees getting culled/randomly replaced. I tried playing my GTW again (fully updated BTW) and that mess is still broken.

I can understand that feeling but it seems there won't be a new iteration since even having a new iteration requires Sims 4 to be a blockbuster (see previously mentioned EA "threat") and it hasn't been. I've gone back to Sims 3 because there's just so much more to do even though there are some quirks I don't like (e.g. Sims constantly getting in each others way).

• thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    Look, I get the marketing. I get the building anticipation. Heck, I even get their (stupid) rules. But this is a product they wish me to pay money for. It's very simple what I ask; I want to know what I'm buying. If they can't tell me that then I, at the very least, want a brief oversight of what and where this may be heading so I can decide if investing my money into an ongoing product is worth it.

A lot of you may be comfortable waiting around with nothing. I'm not. And I'll say so.

--T

At least, we haven't paid a Season pass, think how long players had to wait for game like Fallout 4 to know what they paid for.

@Neia We had to wait ~four months, and now we know in detail what the DLC will be and the total amount of DLC they plan on adding for the year. There are also beta tests for the new features. The three add ons that have been announced have trailers and lots of info available now, and they said they will be announcing more stuff at E3 in June this year. Besides that, the stuff they have announced is huge, and there is also a lot of free stuff to be patched in - which has also been explained and made available via open beta. The new EP is said to be the largest land mass ever added as DLC in any Beth game, so not only are we getting lots of info - after yes, a bit of a wait - but the info we are getting suggests that the content will be huge and well worth the cost. Personally I didn't get the seasons pass mainly because of my recent experiences with EA games (Dragon Age: O, and Sims 4 both let me down and I pre ordered both.) I swore to not buy games site unseen after that. Now I am kicking myself because they've raised the price of the F4 season's pass - I shoulda just trusted Beth from the start! Not all game companies subscribe to this secretive marketing policy, nor do they all feel the need to simplify their games and cut corners everywhere. EA makes me so sad, the way they approach marketing and budgeting makes me feel like there must be very little room for innovation by the devs as they are so focused on making the most they can out of the least amount of resources. For an artistic endeavor like game creation that approach might lead to higher margins in the short term but it doesn't lead to a better experience for the player, and I imagine it won't lead to better margins in the long term either.

Also, this ^

--T

Oh you're aren't talking about future stuff then ? I think the information about what you are buying is pretty good actually. There's an overview of all the items which are included in each pack, available on their website, and in game. I like it ! Then they did a couple of video before each EPs which highlighted the features included. And there's also this forum, where I'm sure a lot of simmers would be happy to answer any question you may have about what you are buying.

Do you do this on purpose? Like, just dance around the point? I think it's been made pretty clear what I'm talking about and it's not about what's currently in the Origin store.

--T

that's what they do when their love for the sims 4 won't let them see logic.
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Keth wrote: »

I've gotten to the point where I don't even want anything from this iteration anymore. I just want it dead. Everything is so...so sloppy. I really hope they're making TS5 now and sticking the newbies on this game. Because if this is what they're best is this is beyond sad. Seriously sad. Until then I'll proudly keep nagging at things that come to mind and hopefully wake some of these folks out of their hypnosis.

To OP. We can all guess what's going to be in it. A couple chairs, tables, a podium and an oven to spawn a random NPC. As far as owning a restaurant it's not what people will expect at all. Probably deal with constant chatting still and employees getting culled/randomly replaced. I tried playing my GTW again (fully updated BTW) and that mess is still broken.

I can understand that feeling but it seems there won't be a new iteration since even having a new iteration requires Sims 4 to be a blockbuster (see previously mentioned EA "threat") and it hasn't been. I've gone back to Sims 3 because there's just so much more to do even though there are some quirks I don't like (e.g. Sims constantly getting in each others way).

Well to be fair that was said two years ago and I don't think the guru that said it is even with EA any more. Remember the other much quoted statement "things change" :p

But whatever.....I'm at the point where I'll soon give up on TS4, play 2 and 3 when I feel like a Sim session and hope that an outstanding TS5 might be in the cards.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Keth wrote: »

Well to be fair that was said two years ago and I don't think the guru that said it is even with EA any more. Remember the other much quoted statement "things change" :p

But whatever.....I'm at the point where I'll soon give up on TS4, play 2 and 3 when I feel like a Sim session and hope that an outstanding TS5 might be in the cards.

Did he leave?....I always wondered if he did

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

--T

Also, this ^

--T

--T

No it's not very clear sorry. You're talking about what you are buying. All the things you can buy are on Origin. Otherwise it's just stuff you can't buy yet, and you'll know what you are buying when you'll be able to buy it anyway.

I can't think of any way you can buy things you wouldn't already know. Unless you're talking about preorders ?
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

--T

Also, this ^

--T

--T

No it's not very clear sorry. You're talking about what you are buying. All the things you can buy are on Origin. Otherwise it's just stuff you can't buy yet, and you'll know what you are buying when you'll be able to buy it anyway.

I can't think of any way you can buy things you wouldn't already know. Unless you're talking about preorders ?

I think it's pretty clear! Cliff notes; I'm talking about better communication between company and fans. Having an insight into where the game is going.

--T
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @To7m did you have in your game (sims3 a werewolf toddler constently damagging the furniture like @pepperjax1230 had in her sims3 game that was a nightmare had to rely on the playpen alot from the #sims3store

I did, yes. I thought it was rather cute. Don't get me wrong, I got the hump after I had lost several sofas haha!!

--T
    Its not cute when that was pre playpen times and you had to find toys to distract her so she wouldn't destroy stuff. Thats when I say that toddler was one of the ones that was spawned from satan.

My toddlers were usually preoccupied with family members and skill learning to even have time for toys. But to each their own.

--T
    I applaud you for that but that isn't how my gameplay was. So we can just say we both play differently and neither us of are wrong in how we play. But you can't censor peoples comments if you don't like them and say basically that was childish to say when you don't play the game like I do.
    But... do I understand you correctly when by 'toddler' you are referring to one specific supernatural toddler? Because that just isn't the subject here.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • sooozeeebeeesooozeeebeee Posts: 665 Member
    This reminds me of a story I heard as a child. A large family would get together for dinner once a week and the grandma would make everyone's favorite, her special soup. During the course of the day as the grandma prepared the ingredients, one by one family members came by and said how much they loved her and how wonderful the soup was. Not knowing that other people were doing it as well, they each made a request for her to leave something out so that the soup would taste even better. At dinner time everyone sat down excited and anxious to have this delicious soup! The steaming soup pot was uncovered and the grandma calmly ladled hot water into their bowls with a smile on her face.

Pretty sure you can figure out the moral to this :wink:
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Ben1010 wrote: »
    They can't just move marketing ahead because you can't cope with waiting a week or two till two weeks before the GP release. Marketing campaigns aren't written on the back of scrap paper, and they have to be translated into several languages on top of that.

Do you ask this kind of special treatment for every cultural product you buy? Do you complain about waiting for movie trailers too? First single releases for upcoming albums? Commercials and episode descriptions for the next season of your favorite TV show (which, yes, you pay for by being an advertising eyeball and subscribing to cable or a streaming service)?

Nobody owes you info for a product you can't even buy yet a week or two earlier than that info is ready for public consumption.

Sometimes I feel like there's a serious desperation for new things to complain about around here. Go for a walk. Get a book out of the library. There's lots of things to do other than sit waiting for someone to market a product at you.

Well said :smile:

The devs do not owe anyone anything except maybe bug fixes and I am sick of this 'I want this in my game and want it right now' attitude which is getting beyond tiresome now

I have to disagree. For some of us we have been with this game for 16 years, investing our money into this franchise. I think it's only right that if a business values it's customers and loyal clientele that they should give a heads up at what might be coming our way in the near future.

I'm not saying I need every little detail of what is coming but just some more communication than we have been receiving so far. 3 months without any info on the next GP and only a 15 second video clip of when we might see these smidges of content appear is not enough imo. Do they not want our interest or something? Doesn't seem like much of a marketing plan to me

Erm, I have also been here 16 years aswell and learnt to be patient with things and if I don't like the look of something, I just don't but it.

I mean, if people are not happy with TS4 now with all the content it does have, I don't think players would be much happier with one or two more EPs added to it
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @To7m did you have in your game (sims3 a werewolf toddler constently damagging the furniture like @pepperjax1230 had in her sims3 game that was a nightmare had to rely on the playpen alot from the #sims3store

I did, yes. I thought it was rather cute. Don't get me wrong, I got the hump after I had lost several sofas haha!!

--T
    Its not cute when that was pre playpen times and you had to find toys to distract her so she wouldn't destroy stuff. Thats when I say that toddler was one of the ones that was spawned from satan.

My toddlers were usually preoccupied with family members and skill learning to even have time for toys. But to each their own.

--T
    I applaud you for that but that isn't how my gameplay was. So we can just say we both play differently and neither us of are wrong in how we play. But you can't censor peoples comments if you don't like them and say basically that was childish to say when you don't play the game like I do.
    But... do I understand you correctly when by 'toddler' you are referring to one specific supernatural toddler? Because that just isn't the subject here.
    I said that was one I had normal toddlers that were spawned from satan the werewolf toddler was just one.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    edited May 2016
    They can't just move marketing ahead because you can't cope with waiting a week or two till two weeks before the GP release. Marketing campaigns aren't written on the back of scrap paper, and they have to be translated into several languages on top of that.

Do you ask this kind of special treatment for every cultural product you buy? Do you complain about waiting for movie trailers too? First single releases for upcoming albums? Commercials and episode descriptions for the next season of your favorite TV show (which, yes, you pay for by being an advertising eyeball and subscribing to cable or a streaming service)?

Nobody owes you info for a product you can't even buy yet a week or two earlier than that info is ready for public consumption.

Sometimes I feel like there's a serious desperation for new things to complain about around here. Go for a walk. Get a book out of the library. There's lots of things to do other than sit waiting for someone to market a product at you.

The devs do not owe anyone anything except maybe bug fixes and I am sick of this 'I want this in my game and want it right now' attitude which is getting beyond tiresome now

I have to disagree. For some of us we have been with this game for 16 years, investing our money into this franchise. I think it's only right that if a business values it's customers and loyal clientele that they should give a heads up at what might be coming our way in the near future.

I'm not saying I need every little detail of what is coming but just some more communication than we have been receiving so far. 3 months without any info on the next GP and only a 15 second video clip of when we might see these smidges of content appear is not enough imo. Do they not want our interest or something? Doesn't seem like much of a marketing plan to me

Erm, I have also been here 16 years aswell and learnt to be patient with things and if I don't like the look of something, I just don't but it.

I mean, if people are not happy with TS4 now with all the content it does have, I don't think players would be much happier with one or two more EPs added to it

It's not that I am impatient, EA stated that we would be getting monthly content but yet here we are in the forum guessing and predicting EA's "vision" and next move. I don't think I've ever been in a generation of The Sims where you're more likely to have received information from the K.G.B. than what is going on in EA's vision for this series.

It's come to the point where I'm sad to say I've all but lost interest in this game now and it's mainly to do with this level of communication that we have been getting.
  • Ben1010Ben1010 Posts: 270 Member
    edited May 2016

It's not that I am impatient, EA stated that we would be getting monthly content but yet here we are in the forum guessing and predicting EA's "vision" and next move. I don't think I've ever been in a generation of The Sims where you're more likely to have received information from the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 than what is going on in EA's vision for this series.

It's come to the point where I'm sad to say I've all but lost interest in this game now and it's mainly to do with this level of communication that we have been getting.

I actually can't believe the word K.G.B has been censored. Wow.

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

It's not that I am impatient, EA stated that we would be getting monthly content but yet here we are in the forum guessing and predicting EA's "vision" and next move. I don't think I've ever been in a generation of The Sims where you're more likely to have received information from the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 than what is going on in EA's vision for this series.

Don't worry, things might be different for TS5 :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Agreed, I'm tired of waiting. It's been 2 months since the latest addition to the game and 10 months since the last GP. I had really high hopes for GPs but the long waits aren't any fun. I enjoyed it when there was a new pack every month, it didn't feel overwhelming unlike TS3 and its awful store.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Just because someone does not like the current state of TS4 does not mean they should be grouped in a category with someone who absolutely will never touch it again. I know quite a few people who dislike TS4, only because there is nothing for them to do, thus they are waiting for expansions.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

Just because someone does not like the current state of TS4 does not mean they should be grouped in a category with someone who absolutely will never touch it again. I know quite a few people who dislike TS4, only because there is nothing for them to do, thus they are waiting for expansions.
    But EP aren't going to improve the game if they don't like it now.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

But EP aren't going to improve the game if they don't like it now.

Most probably not, but that is the hope isn't it? That expansion packs/content will improve the sims 4.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sad sad sad.
    tenor.gif
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    You know mentioning in advance some future content, rather than just before release, might actually keep players from losing interest and abandoning this game. The lack of any mention on this game's future play is only adding to the firestorm. Give the players something!! I actually don't like this game at all and so don't care about future releases as I won't be buying anymore, but I understand those who still hold hope for this game are getting impatient and bored
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I suspect that we're not getting Stuff Packs because Maxis is working plenty on a nice big Expansion Pack. Remember, Stuff Packs tend to be little more than expensive, glorified Mods, and I'm not in an exceptional hurry to have them if it means passing on real expansions.

Just this May, after all, we got the Tragic Clown which will help us be sad and includes some extra clothes and face-paints.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    We are getting the kids stuff pack in June(?) though. But I really can live with less stuff packs. I usually only care about the gameplay item in them and never wanna spend $10 just for that :/
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png