Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Comments

• Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @PHOEBESMOM601 yes. I have an underlying sense of frustration over the 'missing features'. Mostly toddlers actually. I can usually push that away but when it gets combined with nerfing of a feature I love... well then it tips over to real frustration and sometimes a bit of anger too, if I'm honest.
    I can understand simmers being frustrated over different elements as for me it is the nerfing of alien abduction rates resulting in pregnancy and auto woohoo that gutted me. Combine that with 'missing features' and various game bugs = rage quit for a while.

It becomes difficult to separate the issues as I too would love for the next packs to be utterly amazing... but I think that our expectations are firmly set in the 'old sims games' and just are not going to be met with this iteration.

You make some really great points! I think that what we've seen in previous iterations is that from TS1 to TS2 to TS3, we saw the game get better and better. Sure not all content carried over, but most things did. With TS4, they didn't carry over the features that Simmers love. & the cuts were massive enough that I think almost 2 years into the game, you're right, Simmers expectations are firmly set on what we had in the past. We want toddlers, cars, seasons, pets, etc. & I think that seeing that this game is going in a totally different direction, we don't know if we're getting those things so the silence on wanted features is frustrating to some.

& yes, the alien abductions rates being dwindled down to practically nothing, I don't even want to get started on my thoughts on that. That was so disappointing...still feeling the sting of that cut.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Sims 2 toddlers were the best.Toddlers in real life are nothing compared to the sims so i guess we all came from a dark side :neutral: what kind of nonsense is that.

The Sims 2 handled life stages the best, IMHO. This is probably due to the fact that life stages/generational gameplay was the selling point of TS2. But what I really liked was how they stuck to their word and truly expanded upon that with each and every expansion as closely as possible.

TS4's selling points are emotions and multitasking, yet, I'm just not feeling as if they are truly taking advantage of those features. So far, it feels only GT is, while the others are just fluff on top of the game.

I totally agree! I went back to playing TS2 the other day. & it's the details in the life stages & the game in general, that made it so awesome. Until I played, I forgot that to feed the baby you had to walk to the refrigerator with child for a bottle. It's the little details I think we're missing in TS4.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Man how you expect to get an answer when even they don't know whats going on with this game? lol
    giphy.gif

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Arletta wrote: »
    Actually, no, I don't think it's that's simple. What gives them the right to do what they're doing? Ok, nobody is holding a gun to my head to buy anything but do they WANT me to buy anything? Be excited about anything? Actually want to PLEASE their fans? I'm not just going to sit back and wait, wait, wait. I want to know if it's worth my time. I don't want a release date for toddler but I DO want to know what the stitch is. I don't want to know the names of every pack coming out. I can guess they're all going to be SP/GP and EP's anyway. But I DO want a bit more than a 15second video. I want to see some passion from this team. What happened to getting involved with your players? Finding out what they love?

I see none of that here. Just the odd gif to sting people along...

--T

It's their game. They can do what they want. If they want to tell us everything to come for months in advance or nothing until the pack drop, that's entirely up to them. We don't get the right to tell them what to do. Pleasing us is incidental. You don't have to buy or to like it, but if they've decided not to tell anybody anything, then you don't have much choice but to wait, wait, wait. Or drive yourself and others round the bend trying to get them to talk.

What you want and what you get are two different things.

How do you know whether they're passionate or not?

Again, pleasing us is incidental. They'll do what they're doing regardless of what we want or not.

Ok...

I'm making a game. But I'm not going to tell you anything about it. Would you like to buy it?

--T

ETA: like, lol, they're SELLING A GAME here. I'm not asking for the meaning of life. What's the big secret? I'm sorry, but I think this is crazy.
    EA has always been secretive. Earlier they liked to put an announcement up on their site in a smaller country (like Hungary) and then take it down after few hours. This generated a huge amount of discussions in many places. So it was free advertising and very efficient :) Then a few days later they usually put the announcement up again on their sites in all countries ;)

Their were also small leaflets which had the purpose to tease us because they only gave very little information. Teasing was their way to create discussions and hype - and it was very efficient.

They usually didn't give much more information until about a month before the game or the EP was released. Then EA gave the information free and the developers could tell us what they wanted and answer questions. The purpose of this information was to motivate us to go to a store and purchase the game imediately when it was released - and it worked.

But it doesn't work this way anymore. The reason obviously is that EA doesn't need us to go to a store to buy the game. Instead EA just needs us to start the game up in Origin and be happily surprised to see Origin tell us that new exiting content is available for the game we want to play. So we will probably download it imediately if only we still play the game. EA only needs us to start the game up regularly so they can tell us this. To that purpose EA has changed the idea about months between releases to instead give us new content much more often. They even now also give us full games for free in Origin. So EA's focus is on giving us the habit to always expect something new and unexpected when we open Origin so using Origin regularly to look for new stuff will become an everyday-habit for us ;)
  • htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    Actually, no, I don't think it's that's simple. What gives them the right to do what they're doing? Ok, nobody is holding a gun to my head to buy anything but do they WANT me to buy anything? Be excited about anything? Actually want to PLEASE their fans? I'm not just going to sit back and wait, wait, wait. I want to know if it's worth my time. I don't want a release date for toddler but I DO want to know what the stitch is. I don't want to know the names of every pack coming out. I can guess they're all going to be SP/GP and EP's anyway. But I DO want a bit more than a 15second video. I want to see some passion from this team. What happened to getting involved with your players? Finding out what they love?

--T

It's their game. They can do what they want. If they want to tell us everything to come for months in advance or nothing until the pack drop, that's entirely up to them. We don't get the right to tell them what to do. Pleasing us is incidental. You don't have to buy or to like it, but if they've decided not to tell anybody anything, then you don't have much choice but to wait, wait, wait. Or drive yourself and others round the bend trying to get them to talk.

Again, pleasing us is incidental. They'll do what they're doing regardless of what we want or not.

Ok...

I'm making a game. But I'm not going to tell you anything about it. Would you like to buy it?

--T

ETA: like, lol, they're SELLING A GAME here. I'm not asking for the meaning of life. What's the big secret? I'm sorry, but I think this is crazy.
    EA has always been secretive. Earlier they liked to put an announcement up on their site in a smaller country (like Hungary) and then take it down after few hours. This generated a huge amount of discussions in many places. So it was free advertising and very efficient :) Then a few days later they usually put the announcement up again on their sites in all countries ;)

Their were also small leaflets which had the purpose to tease us because they only gave very little information. Teasing was their way to create discussions and hype - and it was very efficient.

They usually didn't give much more information until about a month before the game or the EP was released. Then EA gave the information free and the developers could tell us what they wanted and answer questions. The purpose of this information was to motivate us to go to a store and purchase the game imediately when it was released - and it worked.

But it doesn't work this way anymore. The reason obviously is that EA doesn't need us to go to a store to buy the game. Instead EA just needs us to start the game up in Origin and be happily surprised to see Origin tell us that new exiting content is available for the game we want to play. So we will probably download it imediately if only we still play the game. EA only needs us to start the game up regularly so they can tell us this. To that purpose EA has changed the idea about months between releases to instead give us new content much more often. They even now also give us full games for free in Origin. So EA's focus is on giving us the habit to always expect something new and unexpected when we open Origin so using Origin regularly to look for new stuff will become an everyday-habit for us ;)

Well, if that's the case, it's not working on me. If anything, the way they are doing things has "broke" the habit i use to have, to want to play this game everyday! :(
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    edited May 2016
    I'm so frustrated @To7m. I want to give up on TS4 but for some reason I keep coming back to check to see if there is any new info. Been doing this for the last few months, and all we got was a 15sec video. I'm sooo upset that they want tell us anything about the T-word ( I don't even want to say it anymore - its so frustrating). We sound like a broken record. :s

Even after the T word there are still sooooo many things we need.

I want: Shorter Teens/or Middle Schoolers, Cars/Garages, Terrain Tools, Service NPCs, Mooooore Traits!, Favorites (Color Music Food etc), Pond Tool.

These are all basic things. Sad thing is they couldn't careless to tell us anything - not saying the gurus, but whomever is in charge of making the decision to not release any info about whats to come or being worked on.

Edit: To fix typos.
    Post edited by Goodywood on
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    The sims 4 slogan in a nutshell: "Let's just get this over with". But seriously do they even show themselves playing the game as a preview anymore ? where is the hype ?!?
    It got culled.

LOL Thanks @Scobre I just about spat out my coffee! :s
    Yay! You got my joke. ;) I'm glad you are still ok.

Hahahaaaa, @Scobre - too funny!

Coffee spitting is high this morning! I needed that haha!

Just catching up on the comments I've missed!

--T
    @To7m did you have in your game (sims3 a werewolf toddler constently damagging the furniture like @pepperjax1230 had in her sims3 game that was a nightmare had to rely on the playpen alot from the #sims3store

I did, yes. I thought it was rather cute. Don't get me wrong, I got the hump after I had lost several sofas haha!!

--T
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I've noticed that even some of big sims 4 players on youtube are even getting sick of waiting for this game to improve. Theres been quite a few sims 4 rants videos from them, alot of them are disappointed about that 15 second video and still the lack of family play, and how there just not listening etc.. So if EA doesn't step on their game, they are going to losing those youtubers that helping this game stay a float.
    giphy.gif

JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I want to know what's going on. I want more information on the upcoming GP+SP. I want to know where this game is heading and I want to know about toddlers.

Your company is providing a service here, and if you want to continue to receive my money for said service then somebody needs to start talking and start wowing me. This is getting old and I want to know its even worth my time any more!

I don't not know of any other game that I play where I do not know at least* what to expect in the near future that's not 15seconds long...

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

Wait and see and wait patiently like the rest of us. And remember that many of us DON'T want toddlers.

I really don't understand that. I hate playing families generally but I still really miss toddlers. Wasn't the age up option enough? (I'm not being mean btw, I am just really curious).

*edit: forgot the word *up* (age up) :s

(I'm answering this as one of the people who doesn't want toddlers)

I love playing families. I always have. I've never made it past a third generation, in any iteration of The Sims (and believe me I've played them all). To me (personal opinion only, mind you) they became too much like you'd train a puppy or a kitten. Teach 'em where to pee, where to eat, where to sleep, how to walk, how to talk, until they have their birthday. Yes, they had their cute moments, but mostly they just became annoying.

I don't age them or any lifestage up before it's time. It's too much like cheating, which I dislike even in a game. So they're a toddler (or whatever) until their natural aging. Personal choice, but it didn't feel right, like you're getting rid of something unnatural and that wasn't so. Perfectly natural, just hated getting stuck on the toddler training treadmill. I'd rather not have them at all, if that's what they're like again.

So a baby morphing into a child is not cheating? Because that's exactly the way I feel about it. It disgusts me that it skips a stage of life without my consent. There's a gaping hole there.

With an analogy like that, I'm dumbfounded how you could be OK with a solution of removing them altogether. *Thats like, the worst, last thing I'd EVER want them to do.

--T

*added sentence.
    No offense but they don't have to consent you with what they do in their game and maybe toddlers will be back and maybe not but I am not to fond of toddlers either. From past experiences with them in my game, I felt they were spawned from satan the way they behaved. But I agree that a baby spawning into a child looks weird but to me that isn't enough of a reason for me to want them back.

I'm not asking them what they do in their game and please, if the poster feels this way allow them to tell me themselves. Thanks!

I merely commented on the fact that she liken it to cheating. Well if that's the case, surely a completely MASSING life stage is worst?

--T

ETA: Also, let's grow up a little and refrain from 'spawns of Satan' comments. I think that's a slight exaggeration and regardless of how any of us FEEL about them (because I'm really not asking whether one likes them or not), they SHOULD be in the game.
    Why do I need to refrain from spawns of satan comment because that was my experiences? Did you have my toddlers highly unlikely. Its not an exaggeration it was a fact that is how they were. You didn't play my game so you aren't one to judge my choice of words. I said I didn't want toddlers back but if they do come back I won't have a problem with that. But do I miss them no I play how I like to play. So next time don't tell me that my experiences are exaggeration because I choose to say they spawned from satan. Most of the time I liked the toddlers they were cute. But I had nightmare toddlers that can only be explained they were spawns of satan.
    Yes, in fact everybody did have the very same toddlers ;) I can understand someone saying that to me in real life when I said toddlers are cute and easy to handle and they'd go "yeah, well, you don't know mine!" But in a game they are all very much alike.

Yeah... Pretty much my take on this too. We all have the same toddlers. And they don't spawn from Satan.

--T
    Look, I get the marketing. I get the building anticipation. Heck, I even get their (stupid) rules. But this is a product they wish me to pay money for. It's very simple what I ask; I want to know what I'm buying. If they can't tell me that then I, at the very least, want a brief oversight of what and where this may be heading so I can decide if investing my money into an ongoing product is worth it.

A lot of you may be comfortable waiting around with nothing. I'm not. And I'll say so.

--T
    htairchix3 wrote: »

--T

Ok...

--T

Well, if that's the case, it's not working on me. If anything, the way they are doing things has "broke" the habit i use to have, to want to play this game everyday! :(
    It doesn't work on me either. But there are other reasons for that:
    1. They changed TS4 in a direction where there are way less focus on creating social relations between the Sims and much more focus on creating sims, building houses and collecting items for a lot of different collections. Thereby they toned down the things that interested me most in TS2 and put more focus on things that only interested me very little.
    2. I have never been very interested in EA's other games except for the Sims games. All my other games are from other game companies.
    3. I was earlier a dedicated PC gamer. But now I am nearly exclusively a tablet gamer and I therefore don't really have time to examine new PC games anymore.

Apart from this I actually believe that it works and that it is EA's best chance to steal customers from Steam and from the other game companies ;)

--T

Ok...

--T

Sorry, thought I had replied to this one. Guess I wrote it all out in my head but not got around to actually writing the comment haha.

I agree with you, but I feel the difference is now its "no comment". Back then it was more "we'll tell you on this date" at least, that's how it seems to me. There was never a silence like there is now. somebody mentioned the live broadcasts - whatever happened to those? I totally forgot about them. I last one I remember seeing was TS3: Supernatural. Mind you, I left the site just after that so there were probably more. I haven't seen ANY for TS4 though.

--T

--T

Ok...

--T

Sorry, thought I had replied to this one. Guess I wrote it all out in my head but not got around to actually writing the comment haha.

I agree with you, but I feel the difference is now its "no comment". Back then it was more "we'll tell you on this date" at least, that's how it seems to me. There was never a silence like there is now. somebody mentioned the live broadcasts - whatever happened to those? I totally forgot about them. I last one I remember seeing was TS3: Supernatural. Mind you, I left the site just after that so there were probably more. I haven't seen ANY for TS4 though.

--T
    Earlier they knew that they would be able to tell us later because (as I wrote) EA needed them to do this to motivate us to visit a physical store on the release day to buy the game. But now EA doesn't care to give the information free to allow them to tell us anything because EA knows that we will buy the expansions from Origin anyway when we see them if only we still play the game. So I guess that now the only thing the SimGurus would be able to tell us would be "You will be able to see what it is when EA release it in Origin!" - and the SimGurus don't think that such "information" will interest us. So they are quite instead.

The whole problem is that EA just wants us to be curious and to make it a habit for us to check Origin for new games on something like a daily basis and that EA believes that Origin can sell more games that way. I don't think that neither we nor the SimGurus can do anything to change EA's attitude about this.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    You said, and I quote:
    Arletta wrote:
    It's their game. They can do what they want. If they want to tell us everything to come for months in advance or nothing until the pack drop, that's entirely up to them. We don't get the right to tell them what to do.

You're dismissing him, and he's exercising his right as a customer, again, who pays quite the fee for The Sims and its expansion packs, to give feedback on the rate at which content is released.

Never have I said for you to "go away", I said, again I quote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    This user has just as much right as you to give their feedback on content, just as you did..

I'm gonna be pedantic and say...

There 2 are forum sections for feedback:

This one for the feedback for the game itself...

30af81efed.png

And another for the forum...

061bdf7e57.png

Neither of these is for giving feedback on company policy. If they wanted feedback on company policy (including release rates), they would have a section for it.

There isn't one here, and there isn't one on EA.com either.

(I guess they really don't want feedback on company policy)
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I want to know what's going on. I want more information on the upcoming GP+SP. I want to know where this game is heading and I want to know about toddlers.

Your company is providing a service here, and if you want to continue to receive my money for said service then somebody needs to start talking and start wowing me. This is getting old and I want to know its even worth my time any more!

I don't not know of any other game that I play where I do not know at least* what to expect in the near future that's not 15seconds long...

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

Wait and see and wait patiently like the rest of us. And remember that many of us DON'T want toddlers.

I really don't understand that. I hate playing families generally but I still really miss toddlers. Wasn't the age up option enough? (I'm not being mean btw, I am just really curious).

*edit: forgot the word *up* (age up) :s

(I'm answering this as one of the people who doesn't want toddlers)

I love playing families. I always have. I've never made it past a third generation, in any iteration of The Sims (and believe me I've played them all). To me (personal opinion only, mind you) they became too much like you'd train a puppy or a kitten. Teach 'em where to pee, where to eat, where to sleep, how to walk, how to talk, until they have their birthday. Yes, they had their cute moments, but mostly they just became annoying.

I don't age them or any lifestage up before it's time. It's too much like cheating, which I dislike even in a game. So they're a toddler (or whatever) until their natural aging. Personal choice, but it didn't feel right, like you're getting rid of something unnatural and that wasn't so. Perfectly natural, just hated getting stuck on the toddler training treadmill. I'd rather not have them at all, if that's what they're like again.

So a baby morphing into a child is not cheating? Because that's exactly the way I feel about it. It disgusts me that it skips a stage of life without my consent. There's a gaping hole there.

With an analogy like that, I'm dumbfounded how you could be OK with a solution of removing them altogether. *Thats like, the worst, last thing I'd EVER want them to do.

--T

*added sentence.
    No offense but they don't have to consent you with what they do in their game and maybe toddlers will be back and maybe not but I am not to fond of toddlers either. From past experiences with them in my game, I felt they were spawned from satan the way they behaved. But I agree that a baby spawning into a child looks weird but to me that isn't enough of a reason for me to want them back.

I'm not asking them what they do in their game and please, if the poster feels this way allow them to tell me themselves. Thanks!

I merely commented on the fact that she liken it to cheating. Well if that's the case, surely a completely MASSING life stage is worst?

--T

ETA: Also, let's grow up a little and refrain from 'spawns of Satan' comments. I think that's a slight exaggeration and regardless of how any of us FEEL about them (because I'm really not asking whether one likes them or not), they SHOULD be in the game.
    Why do I need to refrain from spawns of satan comment because that was my experiences? Did you have my toddlers highly unlikely. Its not an exaggeration it was a fact that is how they were. You didn't play my game so you aren't one to judge my choice of words. I said I didn't want toddlers back but if they do come back I won't have a problem with that. But do I miss them no I play how I like to play. So next time don't tell me that my experiences are exaggeration because I choose to say they spawned from satan. Most of the time I liked the toddlers they were cute. But I had nightmare toddlers that can only be explained they were spawns of satan.
    Yes, in fact everybody did have the very same toddlers ;) I can understand someone saying that to me in real life when I said toddlers are cute and easy to handle and they'd go "yeah, well, you don't know mine!" But in a game they are all very much alike.

Yeah... Pretty much my take on this too. We all have the same toddlers. And they don't spawn from Satan.

--T
    They're in fact very easy to handle, in 3 that is. But maybe it takes raising over 60 to get the hang of it :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Look, I get the marketing. I get the building anticipation. Heck, I even get their (stupid) rules. But this is a product they wish me to pay money for. It's very simple what I ask; I want to know what I'm buying. If they can't tell me that then I, at the very least, want a brief oversight of what and where this may be heading so I can decide if investing my money into an ongoing product is worth it.

A lot of you may be comfortable waiting around with nothing. I'm not. And I'll say so.

--T

You'll know when you'll be able to buy.

At least, we haven't paid a Season pass, think how long players had to wait for game like Fallout 4 to know what they paid for.
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    @Neia We had to wait ~four months, and now we know in detail what the DLC will be and the total amount of DLC they plan on adding for the year. There are also beta tests for the new features. The three add ons that have been announced have trailers and lots of info available now, and they said they will be announcing more stuff at E3 in June this year. Besides that, the stuff they have announced is huge, and there is also a lot of free stuff to be patched in - which has also been explained and made available via open beta. The new EP is said to be the largest land mass ever added as DLC in any Beth game, so not only are we getting lots of info - after yes, a bit of a wait - but the info we are getting suggests that the content will be huge and well worth the cost. Personally I didn't get the seasons pass mainly because of my recent experiences with EA games (Dragon Age: O, and Sims 4 both let me down and I pre ordered both.) I swore to not buy games site unseen after that. Now I am kicking myself because they've raised the price of the F4 season's pass - I shoulda just trusted Beth from the start! Not all game companies subscribe to this secretive marketing policy, nor do they all feel the need to simplify their games and cut corners everywhere. EA makes me so sad, the way they approach marketing and budgeting makes me feel like there must be very little room for innovation by the devs as they are so focused on making the most they can out of the least amount of resources. For an artistic endeavor like game creation that approach might lead to higher margins in the short term but it doesn't lead to a better experience for the player, and I imagine it won't lead to better margins in the long term either.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Neia wrote: »

--T

At least, we haven't paid a Season pass, think how long players had to wait for game like Fallout 4 to know what they paid for.

4 months and 6 days from the game's release, alongside an announcement that the Season Pass would be inflated at the end of the fifth month but with the promise of "more content to justify the spike up" after Far Harbor.

Patience is an absolute virtue, especially when it comes to waiting on answers. But even that's nothing compared to theorists waiting on the next FNAF to see if it finally answers the grand plot of it all.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @To7m did you have in your game (sims3 a werewolf toddler constently damagging the furniture like @pepperjax1230 had in her sims3 game that was a nightmare had to rely on the playpen alot from the #sims3store

I did, yes. I thought it was rather cute. Don't get me wrong, I got the hump after I had lost several sofas haha!!

--T
    Its not cute when that was pre playpen times and you had to find toys to distract her so she wouldn't destroy stuff. Thats when I say that toddler was one of the ones that was spawned from satan.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

--T
    Its not cute when that was pre playpen times and you had to find toys to distract her so she wouldn't destroy stuff. Thats when I say that toddler was one of the ones that was spawned from satan.

My toddlers were usually preoccupied with family members and skill learning to even have time for toys. But to each their own.

--T

--T

What? When what? I'm not talking about when. Re-read my post, please.
    @Neia We had to wait ~four months, and now we know in detail what the DLC will be and the total amount of DLC they plan on adding for the year. There are also beta tests for the new features. The three add ons that have been announced have trailers and lots of info available now, and they said they will be announcing more stuff at E3 in June this year. Besides that, the stuff they have announced is huge, and there is also a lot of free stuff to be patched in - which has also been explained and made available via open beta. The new EP is said to be the largest land mass ever added as DLC in any Beth game, so not only are we getting lots of info - after yes, a bit of a wait - but the info we are getting suggests that the content will be huge and well worth the cost. Personally I didn't get the seasons pass mainly because of my recent experiences with EA games (Dragon Age: O, and Sims 4 both let me down and I pre ordered both.) I swore to not buy games site unseen after that. Now I am kicking myself because they've raised the price of the F4 season's pass - I shoulda just trusted Beth from the start! Not all game companies subscribe to this secretive marketing policy, nor do they all feel the need to simplify their games and cut corners everywhere. EA makes me so sad, the way they approach marketing and budgeting makes me feel like there must be very little room for innovation by the devs as they are so focused on making the most they can out of the least amount of resources. For an artistic endeavor like game creation that approach might lead to higher margins in the short term but it doesn't lead to a better experience for the player, and I imagine it won't lead to better margins in the long term either.

Also, this ^

--T
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    Yeah I feel like it's less about the wait and more about the quality of the information. I don't want to be treated like a little kid, getting a super short video with no actual discussion of content. I want a blog post, or an official interview or something where the devs get a chance to discuss upcoming features in a serious way - that's what get's me hyped, not hints and fluff. I want substance. Same goes for the game, actually, lol!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2016

--T

My toddlers were usually preoccupied with family members and skill learning to even have time for toys. But to each their own.

--T
    I applaud you for that but that isn't how my gameplay was. So we can just say we both play differently and neither us of are wrong in how we play. But you can't censor peoples comments if you don't like them and say basically that was childish to say when you don't play the game like I do.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

--T

What? When what? I'm not talking about when. Re-read my post, please.

Also, this ^

--T

Oh you're aren't talking about future stuff then ? I think the information about what you are buying is pretty good actually. There's an overview of all the items which are included in each pack, available on their website, and in game. I like it ! Then they did a couple of video before each EPs which highlighted the features included. And there's also this forum, where I'm sure a lot of simmers would be happy to answer any question you may have about what you are buying.