Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    HollyhocksFluffHollyhocksFluff Posts: 884 Member
    edited May 2016
    Hellooooo my lovely Going Solo fam! I miss you ALL so much. I really do. A few of you are friends with me on Facebook & get my updates... I'm a momma now! After 28 hours of uncomplicated textbook labor, we had a baby BOY (Joseph Samuel, the inverse of his dad who is Samuel Joseph) on January 6th at 10:22 PM. I had him at our birth center in the tub and caught him myself! He is the sweetest boy, and after all my hard work... he looks just like his daddy. I'm not sure that's fair, but I don't much mind. He loves to snuggle, talk, and eat. He'll be 4 months old on Friday! What is happening? I appreciate all prayers & well wishes of this community, I know you have all been thinking of me. I don't get much simming in these days, but I did pop into my GS file today and nearly cried. I miss those crazy characters. Someday I hope to revisit them, and get to catch up with you all. Some day when naps are more predictable. I probably won't catch replies to this post, sorry. I love you all, and I'm sure there's TONS of new stories & friends in our community. I hope you are all very well.
    I'll leave you with some pictures because.. thats what parents do! I've got a little folder of them here, otherwise..

Momma%20and%20Baby.jpg
    Just born

joebebe.jpg
    Easter time

joeup.jpg
    Took this yesterday.

Miss you all!!
    Babies.jpg
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @Vuneca Haha yeah. My inlaws live in the same town I do, so I see them quite often. Luckily they're not like the ones who just drop by and annoy me, LOL, they're just like there and have their own lives, and then we get together for meals on some Sundays. *gasp* Another 13 million dollar bill? Eep! Ugh, I know what you mean about the crazy glitching when you stay in a town too long. Luckily at least that is an easy fix.
    @MischiefTheKitten I'm not sure actually. I know initially my sudden drop in motivation and inspiration was due to a personal loss of confidence in all areas of my life including writing. I do like this current generation though, and I have plans for it as well, but they're just like past the chapter(s) that I'm currently on, so maybe what you said is like partly true. I need a few filler chapters before I can do one of the big events for the current generation.
    @HollyhocksFluff Congratulations!

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @HollyhocksFluff So good to see you pop in!! I've spied on you via facebook, so I know how blissfully happy (and exhausted) you both are. It's nice to see you say hello despite how tired you must be <3 Don't worry about catching up on everything here, you must be hundreds of posts behind!

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    @HollyhocksFluff I know you said you'd probably miss any replies but oh my gosh congratulations! He is beautiful! Good for you being able to go the natural route and even catching him yourself. You're an amazing momma I am sure! Adjusting to being a mom is a BIG thing!
  • Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten and @NewToTheSims So I'm not sure how exactly townies work, but she went to school with first heir her name is Fatima Irvin and her mom is a police officer.

@Vuneca Thanks! Why is it you don't play sims 4 much?
  • Options
    @raemariek Most of us don't. I do have one GS with TS4, but all my other saves are with TS3. I think it's just where all our stuff is, and a lot of us couldn't warm to how different TS4 is :) The vast majority of stories here are with TS3.

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @raemariek what @MischiefTheKitten said. I like TS4 but I get more out of TS3, Perhaps once 4 has a few more expansions come out I will start using it for a more serious story than my bare narration of my Iron Man challenge. Though I did just start a 4x4 challenge for fun today and I think it may actually be more fun in 4. Then again, I only got to play for about 45 minutes....
  • Options
    @Vuneca and @MischiefTheKitten oh I see. I think it was an easier transition for me because I only had like 3 EPs in sims3, sims 4 will be the first sims game that I will start with from the beginning and have my own money to buy all the extras:-)
  • Options
    @raemariek That would be exciting :) A lot of us here have plated TheSims since the first game (me included) so right now TS4 is more an example of what's lacking. As @Vuneca said, TS3 offers more right now :) I do enjoy TS4 but some aspects are difficult for story telling. My personal pet peeves are that babies age straight up to school kids which never looks natural when you're trying to write a birthday, and their never-changing expressions. If they are happy, they will grin. If they are sad, they will look like their puppy died. You can't even get a sad or forced smile out of them, so in a lot of pictures sims look too over the top. It's just a bit much for me. I do love playing it for fun, though!

Apologies if I sound all negative. I do love TS4, it's just easier to create stories with TS3 for me :)

I think if I were to start a new story, say when my rainbowcy and 7Fates are over *ahem*, it would be with TS3 :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Hello all. Hope you've all been well.

@Nancy01905 nice to see you pop in again. Glad you're picking up a new story again.

@NewToTheSims yay for having a good trip and for winning at the games. Cooking stuff is always needed. Well if you like to cook it is. :) I've been trying really hard with Not Broken to not edit as I go. Instead I've been making notes on the side so I can see where I need to go back and revisit some parts based on what I feel and based off why my 'alpha' reader is telling me. It's helping.

@MischiefTheKitten I think I'm behind on my reading. I'll try and get to that today. I didn't get my goal for NaNo, at least not word count. My main goal was to start writing on the book again, so that I did accomplish and I'm still continuing to work on it. Slow and steady, but I'm working on it. :)

Gary looks good. I think he's a good mix of both parents.

@raemariek I'm clueless on who your avi was too. I do have S4 now since I managed to get it at a great deal a few months back. Like the others have said, I don't play it much though. I have one game play going on another thread, but S3 is my main go to. I started S2 at the tailend of it's life so for me S3 is what S4 is to you. The first one you got from the beginning. S4 has it perks, I do like the fast loading and if I'm in the mood to play 'right now' I will load up S4 since it is quicker. I do enjoy some of the changes they made, like the search options in build/buy and the fact maternity wear is no longer restricted to EA ugly clothes that they pick for your sim without the use of mod to change it. LOL

@Vuneca it felt good to make progress. It's still slow, but it's better than nothing.

Man, you do sound busy. Summer is coming up for me. The kids get out on the 25th so I'm trying to figure out what camps they may do. We're planning a trip to San Diego in July, so have to get that all taken care of and planned. While they were in school was my writing/simming time, so will have to adjust like every year.

@petunia302007 hello and welcome back. :)

@Hollyhocksfluff !!!!! Yay so glad you popped in. We chat some on FB but good to see you here as well.

Well I felt the need to take a break from Not Broken for a bit and I did actually start writing the next chapter for Matt. I'm not done with it, but I'm close. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I want to just finish writing out his gen before I post more updates or post as I get them done. Since all of his generational goals are filled, the rest of his story is all planned and not reliant on game play. I feel bad since it's been a while since I updated, but if I can get them all done in advance then there'd be a steady stream of updates to get his gen done. I guess we'll see how the writing goes. :)

15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    Finally to all the moms in the group (even if your kiddies are furry with 4 legs)

161589-Floral-Happy-Mothers-Day.png

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Yeah, I've been simming since the very first game came out. I remember seeing in the store the day it premiered and I thought "What a stupid game. Why would anyone want to play a simulated life!"

then my bf at the time got if for me for my bday and I have been an addict ever since. (He bought it for me to try and get me to stop playing Master of Orion, I am totally dating my age here)

Sims 2 and sims 3 were HUGE leaps ahead for the game each time. Generally adding things we begged for and fixing things we hated. ..
    But sims 4 was a step back. They dumbed it down, took a lot of essentials that were normally part of any of the base games away, then proceed to price gouge us as we try and add things back to the game. giving us less and less for more and more $

As a stand alone game, it's not bad. There are things I LOVE about it (buildmode, the push and pull of CAS) I do enjoy playing it but it doesn't give me the same satisfaction or personal experience I get from 3. I am hopeful that it will grow and grow and offer more of what I am looking for. I really want to do a GS in 4 I have started 4 or 5 but end up getting frustrated and deleting the file. I can't work out how to write a real story from it yet. I'll get there but it's a lot harder for me because I am so used to 3.

I'm not trying to sound too negative either! I do play it :smiley:

Anyway...

I wish all of you moms a wonderful Mother's Day. I hope you get spoiled in some way. I am trying to decide what to do with myself while I listen to all my boys clean the house for me, Hahah!

• Options
    @MischiefTheKitten, @Vuneca, @jazen It makes sense why you find sims 4 not as fulfilling. Especially if you use to creating stories and its difficult to do on this new platform.
  • Options
    @jazen No worries, take your time :) I'm behind on reading several things as well ^^ I trust you were spoiled on Mother's Day? :)

@Vuneca Haha, funny how that goes :D I remember seeing it at a friend's place and watching her build a huge, square house :P It looked like so much fun!! *sigh* Nostalgia <3

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
  • Options
    I've got a double update!! :D

3.16 & 3.17

Sophia's generation is over now :) I'll take some time to plot Gary's story, and also did some plotting on Luca's story this week :) I'd love to start it next week, but will focus on 7Fates first so I can FINALLY wrap that up :)

A good weekend, everyone! <3

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    Hello all! I hope you're doing well. It is going to be few and far between postings for me for a while. I accidentally landed the perfect job! Until my life acclimates I will be busy...super busy....

Happy simming to you all!
  • Options
    @Vuneca That sounds exciting!! Congratulations! I bet you're really chuffed :D What's the job? *high five*

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @MischiefTheKitten You may know (I'm not sure) that the degree I am going for is veterinary technology so I can sit the boards and be a licensed vet tech (or as they are about to change it, a licensed veterinary nurse) I went in to a small animal clinic to see about doing all or some of my required externiship with them and they offered me a job instead! The best part is they are small enough that I'll only be working during school hours so I don't have to find childcare for my kids and NO WEEKENDS. It's the exact perfect match for my life right now. It's my unicorn. :-D
  • Options
    french_vanilla13french_vanilla13 Posts: 586 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm just popping in for a brief moment to say that my stories will sadly have to come to an end because my hubby has my laptop with all of my saves as well as the jump drives with my backups and we're not going through an amicable divorce. So once I get settled in my new home, I will be deleting those and starting a brand new going solo legacy or one that is based off of the others. Not sure at this time.
    polariod_1

• Options
    @Vuneca That sounds amazing!! :O Best of luck, I hope it's everything you hoped for <3 It sounds incredible!

@french_vanilla13 I'm sorry to hear that :( A divorce is hard enough as it is, I hope you can get everything settled soon so you can move on. Starting something new at such a point in your life can only be a good thing, though, and I know you'll get lots of support from us! <3 *hugs*

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @french_vanilla13 Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that. Divorcing is awful, esp if there is conflict. I hope you have a good support group around you to help you through it. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you:-/

@MischiefTheKitten thanks! Right now I feel like the awkward 3rd wheel because I am just shadowing people at the moment. Hopefully I get to do more hands on stuff this week....and that my kids stop getting sick >_<
    It's exciting though! I am super lucky <3
  • Options
    Hey all. I have been working on Matt again. Yay for that. I have 2 chapters written so far. My goal still is to finish the writing then I can hit you all with a ton of updates weekly to get through his gen. :)

@MischiefTheKitten I read your updates, just need to go back to comment. I've been doing some reading while sitting at Tae-Kwon_Do with Munchkin, but I hate typing on my tablet. LOL

@Vuneca woot!!! Congrats on landing an accidental job! If only it could be that easy for everyone. :) I'm excited for you and I'm sure you'll do great.

@french_vanilla13 oh man...bummer. I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out with the hubs. On top of that it sounds like he's trying to keep your stuff. :( ***hugs***

I heard from @Piazzagirl1015 today. I know she's been MIA for a while. Apparently she was in the hospital :( after a really bad car accident. She just got out recently and is having to start physical therapy.

• Options
    @jazen Oh my god! Is she okay? :O Please give her my best well wishes! Thank you for updating us! I was just wondering if you guys were all right!

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    @MischiefTheKitten she sent me only a quick email so I don't have all the details yet. Soon as I hear back from her I'll be sure to update everyone here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top