Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas on how to improve babies

ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
edited May 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Greetings simmer!

Since the babies in the game are glued to the bassinet and Maxis has stated the reason why they had them glued to the bassinet, was due to complexity and are not going to lift the restriction (source here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/12642962#Comment_12642962) So I thought to make a post about how we can improve on the babies to make them more fun and better in terms of gameplay even tho they are glued to the bassinet.

I have come up with some suggestions and I will be adding everyone else suggestions as well. So lets us hear your suggestions :)

Baby Ideas:

- Lullaby - Have the sims sing for their baby as well as just being able to sing to them.
- Allow children to hold them provided the parents are watching over them.
- Have children do hide and seek with them.
- Tantrums - The baby might suddenly start to cry for no reason.
- New bassinet design - Not recolours but a whole new look to them.
- More re-colours.
- Pacifier/dummy.
- New clothings. With the ability to change their clothing at all times.
- Make it so modders can create stuff for them easier.
- Ability to give them a teddy bear that will show up beside them.
- Ability for some of them to show a tiny bit of hair on their heads.
- Ability for kids/teen/ya/a to stand beside the bassinet and read them a story.
- Ability for a sim to hold a puppet and play with them.
- Be able to rename babies without having to age them to a child first
- District features, such as more skin tones as well as unique eye colors.
- More toys/plushes.
- Bassinet changing appearance when moved outside. Example a baby carriage.
- Ability to read them a story.
- Ability to play an instrument for them.
- Also a baby mobile that babies can interact with. See example or on page 2.
- The ability to check/see if they are hungry, low on social, etc.
- After feeding babies, you could burp them or they might get a tummy ache and cry.
- Create a swing instead of a bassinet so we can see the baby more clearly and give them even more detail.
- Have a blanket on the floor as another *glued* option, that we can switch between.

Just remember this is a thread about how we can improve them as they are, so please only suggestions that doesn't involve in removing them from the bassinet etc, and keep it polite ^^

EDIT: Fixed the Source.
Post edited by Zafireria on

Comments

• DeeTsimsDeeTsims Posts: 176 Member
    Singing lullabies to babies would be very nice. I'd also like to be able to rename babies without having to age them to a child first. I play rotational style and have sometimes not gotten back in time for the birth and give the baby a name that I want.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    DeeTsims wrote: »
    Singing lullabies to babies would be very nice. I'd also like to be able to rename babies without having to age them to a child first. I play rotational style and have sometimes not gotten back in time for the birth and give the baby a name that I want.
    Added the suggestion :)
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Perhaps having a few different sets of colours of clothes to change into. For example, boys and girls are born in green and yellow (as it is now) but you can click on the baby/bassinet once it's born and have an option to change to a few more recolours, doesn't have to be completely different clothes for the baby, just a recolour choice. Don't know if that is what you meant by "More re-colours" or if that was only meant for the bassinets ^^
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
    Perhaps having a few different sets of colours of clothes to change into. For example, boys and girls are born in green and yellow (as it is now) but you can click on the baby/bassinet once it's born and have an option to change to a few more recolours, doesn't have to be completely different clothes for the baby, just a recolour choice. Don't know if that is what you meant by "More re-colours" or if that was only meant for the bassinets ^^
    Bit what I meant with "new clothings" but I will add the ability to change their clothing at all times :)
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I agree with all these, especially distinct features they could have. Like at least more than the three current skin tones and being able to have unique eye colors already. I'd like a visual overhaul in general too, right now they look like porcelain dolls. I've seen amazing CC skins for babies.

I noticed the Guru said they can at least be made to not be put down between each interaction, so that'd be a huge improvement as well.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    If they could just detach them from the crib I'd be satisfied. I get we can't have toddlers, but what about letting babies crawl after the second day or at least being able to put them in a swing or stroller.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I agree with all these, especially distinct features they could have. Like at least more than the three current skin tones and being able to have unique eye colors already. I'd like a visual overhaul in general too, right now they look like porcelain dolls. I've seen amazing CC skins for babies.

I noticed the Guru said they can at least be made to not be put down between each interaction, so that'd be a huge improvement as well.
    I will add that.
    Goth583 wrote: »
    If they could just detach them from the crib I'd be satisfied. I get we can't have toddlers, but what about letting babies crawl after the second day or at least being able to put them in a swing or stroller.
    It hasn't been confirmed whenever we get toddlers or not. But anyway, I am looking for suggestions to make them better while they are glued to the crib/bassinet. EA already said they will not detach the, sorry.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Nice ideas !

I would love to have more customization for the bassinet/baby : new clothes, new bassinet colors, new bassinet meshes, plushes/toys you could add to the bassinet, perhaps even some hair for the baby.

I think it would go a long way to make the players more involved with the babies, to really feel like it's one of their Sims, and not a generic, interchangeable baby.
    Neia wrote: »
    Nice ideas !

I would love to have more customization for the bassinet/baby : new clothes, new bassinet colors, new bassinet meshes, plushes/toys you could add to the bassinet, perhaps even some hair for the baby.

I think it would go a long way to make the players more involved with the babies, to really feel like it's one of their Sims, and not a generic, interchangeable baby.
    Those you have mentioned has already been added, however, I will add toys/plushes.
  • dafadollydafadolly Posts: 1,215 Member
    Love these suggestions! Them being locked to the bassinet doesnt bother me all that much, I just wish we had interactions like these. I'd be so happy if they implemented at least half of these into the game (especially new bassinet designs)
  • Klept0maniac94Klept0maniac94 Posts: 708 Member
    > @dafadolly said:
    > Love these suggestions! Them being locked to the bassinet doesnt bother me all that much, I just wish we had interactions like these. I'd be so happy if they implemented at least half of these into the game (especially new bassinet designs)

I agree with everything you have added here! them being "glued" to the bassinet doesn't bother me as much as the lack of personal interactions such as singing a lullaby etc..
    New cribs/ bassinets would also be a fun and cute addition.
    my mind is miles elsewhere.
    tumblr_static_cvjq5xfzr5s0cg0s0w4k040og.gif
    https://silverwaterdaisy.tumblr.com
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I think being able to take them into CAS or changing them into better clothes. Because I if it were my child he would always be styling. and the "adorable" onesies to me are tacky.

Like google, stylish baby clothes and sleepwear there are plenty of options
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I think being able to take them into CAS or changing them into better clothes. Because I if it were my child he would always be styling. and the "adorable" onesies to me are tacky.

Don't worry! Clothings is on the list.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want to feed them like in a rocking chair with either a bottle from the fridge or breast feed them and instead of a blur while feeding have a blanket.
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I want to feed them like in a rocking chair with either a bottle from the fridge or breast feed them and instead of a blur while feeding have a blanket.
    Your ideas are about them being detach from the bassinet, which is not what this post is about. Sorry. EA already stated they will not detach them =/
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Yes I have to second this! I have a nephew and niece who are both toddlers right now, but I was their sole babysitter for 2 years from when the first born was a year old while their parents were at work and I used to always pick out their outfits very meticulously. I actually dream of being a fashion stylist one day so I'm usually very into the dressing process of all my sims, unless I feel too lazy at the moment or uninspired. But nowadays my cousin is the one the watches them she always styles my nieces hair in new ways all the time. Like when my niece wakes up, she gives her like a bowl of cereal or macaroni and cheese and then sets herself up behind her and does her hair. Basically what I'm getting at is we dress our babies in real life, we comb and style their hair, some have more than others... so it'd make sense for them to upgrade the babies with these additions!
    Also random idea, anyone think it would be cool if when you moved the location of the bassinet to the outdoors, the bassinet changed in appearance. Idk what it would look like, but I'm think about how urns change to gravestones outside, so it'd definitely be possible. Not sure if it's a good idea or not but I might as well mention it in case someone can get a little more creative with it!
  • poelieverpoeliever Posts: 5 New Member
    > @Klept0maniac94 said:
    > > @dafadolly said:
    > > Love these suggestions! Them being locked to the bassinet doesnt bother me all that much, I just wish we had interactions like these. I'd be so happy if they implemented at least half of these into the game (especially new bassinet designs)
    >
    > I agree with everything you have added here! them being "glued" to the bassinet doesn't bother me as much as the lack of personal interactions such as singing a lullaby etc..
    > New cribs/ bassinets would also be a fun and cute addition.
    Just as @dafadolly said, I love the idea of more interactions. I don't care about where the baby is, I care about the interactions pursued with the baby, no matter where it is. I find it preposterous that there aren't more options already.
  • Klept0maniac94Klept0maniac94 Posts: 708 Member
    @poeliever couldn't have said it better myself :smiley:
    my mind is miles elsewhere.
    tumblr_static_cvjq5xfzr5s0cg0s0w4k040og.gif
    https://silverwaterdaisy.tumblr.com
    dafadolly wrote: »
    Also random idea, anyone think it would be cool if when you moved the location of the bassinet to the outdoors, the bassinet changed in appearance. Idk what it would look like, but I'm think about how urns change to gravestones outside, so it'd definitely be possible. Not sure if it's a good idea or not but I might as well mention it in case someone can get a little more creative with it!
    I can add the idea of the bassinet changing appearance to example a baby carriage.
  • maurissahastingsmaurissahastings Posts: 6 New Member
    I think it would be really nice if you could 'play instrument for', or 'read to'. It would also be nice, like you said, to sing lullabies. I feel like there are far too little interactions, i always end up aging them up because I get bored with them.
  • gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    A stroller would be nice, like you could go for walks with the baby and you could get friendship and socialization that way. Would've nice if they made it for Get Together and make parent clubs (or just family strolls together) could've had a dad/mom walking club with their babies.
    A stroller would be nice, like you could go for walks with the baby and you could get friendship and socialization that way. Would've nice if they made it for Get Together and make parent clubs (or just family strolls together) could've had a dad/mom walking club with their babies.
    It would be nice yes. Sadly EA has already stated that they will not remove them from the bassinet.
  • JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    edited May 2016
    Having a rocking bassinet that can be rocked from side to side, like this:
    th?id=OIP.Mdb79ac16ce3233b14d8e03756494d43ao0&pid=15.1

Also a baby mobile that babies can interact with, you place it above the crib and then the babies try and reach up and grab it, it's a small feature but it's cute I think, sort of like this:
    th?id=OIP.M81ec0f535dcb55064af4ac0bb3506347o0&pid=15.1
    Having a rocking bassinet that can be rocked from side to side, like this:
    th?id=OIP.Mdb79ac16ce3233b14d8e03756494d43ao0&pid=15.1

Also a baby mobile that babies can interact with, you place it above the crib and then the babies try and reach up and grab it, it's a small feature but it's cute I think, sort of like this:
    th?id=OIP.M81ec0f535dcb55064af4ac0bb3506347o0&pid=15.1
    Added the baby mobile with picture. Already got suggestion for new bassinet designs. Unless you wish me to be specific? :)