Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    @To7m is it a case of being frustrated at the lack of toddlers etc that has you feeling this way rather than the actual waiting for the next new pack to arrive?
    I'm curious because, like someone mentioned, I see this frustration everywhere around TS4 and it seems like it stems more from the silence surrounding 'missing features' rather that up-coming packs. I mean we know the themes of the game play coming our way this quarter so for me the wait is kind of 'exciting'. As in I'm keen to see what they do but I'm not getting on any hype train or daydreaming about features as usually fans shoot for the sky only to be disappointed as daydreams and reality (budgets, resources, time constraints, etc) don't usually match.

Lack of toddlers is a big deal to me. You cannot base a game on life and remove some of it. It's not logical in any sense. Then not saying ANYTHING about them? I'm not talking release dates. I'm just talking addressing the issue. Being upfront and honest with the fans.

I don't think that's too much to ask. Do you?

--T

Agreed. Regardless of toddlers being a niche market etc etc. It doesn't really wash for me. I'm not a family player, I've said that often, but missing toddlers is a huge minus for me. The trouble with EA being upfront about toddlers is they could never come out looking good as well as breaching all sorts of tax laws apparently that, being a New Zealander, I don't really understand. I agree with you though, it's not too much to expect, it is, however, too much to get as EA will never openly discuss what is actually going on.

Just putting aside all privacy/tax/whatever issues... how would the convo go? We didn't include toddlers cos we didn't have the money/thought we'd sell them back to the niche market later and make a huge profit appeasing the share holders/thought the fans would swallow it/ thought no one would notice... idk.. *shrug* I really don't know.

I'm not even asking for an explanation. Ok, for whatever reason they couldn't included toddlers. But will they ever? Or at the very least, address the issue and say it could be a possibility. I'm not asking for promises. I'm just asking where I stand.

That's all.

--T

ETA: Had to giggle at "no one would notice"... You're probably right!

LOL... ikr but I bet someone at EA said that in a board meeting! :D

I really agree with you To7m, but it will just never happen. If they are making toddlers, they can't tell us cos of all those 'rules an laws' and stuff. And if they are not.. well, they won't say because I guess a lot of fans would rage quit forever. My gut reaction is that toddlers will make it back into the game at some point but it would be soooo nice to know one way or another from someone official.

*sigh*

Maybe I just don't want to admit it to myself. I'm a stubborn old goat (at the age of 28, go figure? Lol) I suppose I just don't want to admit defeat. I've LOVED this series for years. To give that up... I guess it's harder than I thought.

--T
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @To7m is it a case of being frustrated at the lack of toddlers etc that has you feeling this way rather than the actual waiting for the next new pack to arrive?
    I'm curious because, like someone mentioned, I see this frustration everywhere around TS4 and it seems like it stems more from the silence surrounding 'missing features' rather that up-coming packs. I mean we know the themes of the game play coming our way this quarter so for me the wait is kind of 'exciting'. As in I'm keen to see what they do but I'm not getting on any hype train or daydreaming about features as usually fans shoot for the sky only to be disappointed as daydreams and reality (budgets, resources, time constraints, etc) don't usually match.

Lack of toddlers is a big deal to me. You cannot base a game on life and remove some of it. It's not logical in any sense. Then not saying ANYTHING about them? I'm not talking release dates. I'm just talking addressing the issue. Being upfront and honest with the fans.

I don't think that's too much to ask. Do you?

--T

Agreed. Regardless of toddlers being a niche market etc etc. It doesn't really wash for me. I'm not a family player, I've said that often, but missing toddlers is a huge minus for me. The trouble with EA being upfront about toddlers is they could never come out looking good as well as breaching all sorts of tax laws apparently that, being a New Zealander, I don't really understand. I agree with you though, it's not too much to expect, it is, however, too much to get as EA will never openly discuss what is actually going on.

Just putting aside all privacy/tax/whatever issues... how would the convo go? We didn't include toddlers cos we didn't have the money/thought we'd sell them back to the niche market later and make a huge profit appeasing the share holders/thought the fans would swallow it/ thought no one would notice... idk.. *shrug* I really don't know.

I'm not even asking for an explanation. Ok, for whatever reason they couldn't included toddlers. But will they ever? Or at the very least, address the issue and say it could be a possibility. I'm not asking for promises. I'm just asking where I stand.

That's all.

--T

ETA: Had to giggle at "no one would notice"... You're probably right!

LOL... ikr but I bet someone at EA said that in a board meeting! :D

I really agree with you To7m, but it will just never happen. If they are making toddlers, they can't tell us cos of all those 'rules an laws' and stuff. And if they are not.. well, they won't say because I guess a lot of fans would rage quit forever. My gut reaction is that toddlers will make it back into the game at some point but it would be soooo nice to know one way or another from someone official.

*sigh*

Maybe I just don't want to admit it to myself. I'm a stubborn old goat (at the age of 28, go figure? Lol) I suppose I just don't want to admit defeat. I've LOVED this series for years. To give that up... I guess it's harder than I thought.

--T

I know. There is nothing else like it out there. It is disappointing for sure. I hear ya.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    I want to know what's going on. I want more information on the upcoming GP+SP. I want to know where this game is heading and I want to know about toddlers.

Your company is providing a service here, and if you want to continue to receive my money for said service then somebody needs to start talking and start wowing me. This is getting old and I want to know its even worth my time any more!

I don't not know of any other game that I play where I do not know at least* what to expect in the near future that's not 15seconds long...

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

Wait and see and wait patiently like the rest of us. And remember that many of us DON'T want toddlers.

So why on earth are you playing this game? I don't understand posts like this. Just age them up.

--T
  • celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    Many players may not even want Todlers, but I guarantee that over 90% of the players want. It is not for nothing that anywhere you go, there will be people talking about the absence of toddlers. Check the official facebook of The Sims, the immense amount of people complaining about toddlers.

And no one is forced to wait patiently for something. Everyone has the right to open the amount of topics they want and scream, scream, scream. If it will work or not does not matter.

I'm free.
    tenor.gif
    Shearsy wrote: »
    You know what I would love from EA... if they let us pick a design concept to turn into an item to go into a GP or EP. They show a few ideas and ask us to pick. If they done those little things, let the sims community have a little say in what goes into the games they buy... it would defiantly make me a happy player anyway.

They done it before with little things to go in patches, that was quite fun.

I would like this also. I don't like to use unofficial modifications so having a small say into what goes into the game, and have it be official, would be grand! That's how to get involved with your customers!

--T
    I remember playing sims 1 and 2 and the info about upcoming releases was always well in advance of the actual release. They even tucked in little pamphlets in the boxes upon purchase that had previews of upcoming expansion packs. We all knew what was coming and could give input during development...it was fantastic. Everyone shared info on the forums and allowing us the information created a huge surge of anticipation and excitement. All of the fans were eager to save up and purchase the next pack because we knew exactly what was coming. Now I wait and wait and wait and then I wait for the expansion to hit so that I can read what players actually think and then, more often than not I save my money until the pack or expansion goes on sale or choose not to purchase at all. Its a very different experience from what it used to be.

(Sorry, just catching up on those I missed)
    I remember it like this as well. I bugged my mum for MONTHS about apartment life. ESPECIALLY when I found out there were witches. I just about died of happiness when I heard that!

--T
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2016
    Toddlers aren't the cure all to the game you know. There are alot of people who would love for toddlers to never return. You also have to remember even if this is suppose to be a sequel to the other games in the series it doesn't have to follow the same pattern. Maybe they are silent because everyone hates the direction they are going and people will just complain about what is coming up in the game. Meaning alot of people are hating EA for this game not being up to their standards. With that said TS4 has the potential to blow all the other games out of the water it has already proven that. But there are things that could be improved upon in the game. I wasn't a fan of Get To Work I think they should have made to EP out of it and focused on the job aspect in one and the business part in another. I was expecting the business part to be like OFB but it felt more like that cheap imitation store version we got in TS3. It makes me fear what they did to the restaurant GP because I certainly don't want to run a business how the business thing is now. I like this game and I want to actually get into it and be interested again in it. So I am not saying its a perfect game far from it but it was meant to be different from the rest of them Others would have never bought the game if it replicated the other games. Including myself but I won't sit here and tell you that I think the game is perfect its not the way I pictured it either. I despise the patching of the game because there are certain free things from patches I want out of my game. But I am stuck with them.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited May 2016
    Toddlers aren't the cure all to the game you know. There are alot of people who would love for toddlers to never return. You also have to remember even if this is suppose to be a sequel to the other games in the series it doesn't have to follow the same pattern. Maybe they are silent because everyone hates the direction they are going and people will just complain about what is coming up in the game. Meaning alot of people are hating EA for this game not being up to their standards. With that said TS4 has the potential to blow all the other games out of the water it has already proven that. But there are things that could be improved upon in the game. I wasn't a fan of Get To Work I think they should have made to EP out of it and focused on the job aspect in one and the business part in another. I was expecting the business part to be like OFB but it felt more like that cheap imitation store version we got in TS3. It makes me fear what they did to the restaurant GP because I certainly don't want to run a business how the business thing is now. I like this game and I want to actually get into it and be interested again in it. So I am not saying its a perfect game far from it but it was meant to be different from the rest of them Others would have never bought the game if it replicated the other games. Including myself but I won't sit here and tell you that I think the game is perfect its not the way I pictured it either. I despise the patching of the game because there are certain free things from patches I want out of my game. But I am stuck with them.

I fail to see your point here. Honestly. Not once did I say toddlers are the cure to this game and actually, I'd be the first to disagree with that. They're not. Toddlers are merely the face of many, many issues I have with this game but until they address it, I can't move past it. I need to know the deal before I can even begin to start opening myself to this game. But it would be a BIG start. At least for me.

The last line of your post also bothers me. You're stuck with what? It's this kind of thing that makes EA think they can get away with this. People just accept it. Well, if you can accept mandatory patches why can't you (not you personally) accept toddlers? You accept teens, right? What if They remove those. What will you (again not you personally) do then?

I'll tell you (not you, you) what to not do. Don't come crying to me.

--T

ETA: tidy up
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    You said, and I quote:
    Arletta wrote:
    It's their game. They can do what they want. If they want to tell us everything to come for months in advance or nothing until the pack drop, that's entirely up to them. We don't get the right to tell them what to do.

You're dismissing him, and he's exercising his right as a customer, again, who pays quite the fee for The Sims and its expansion packs, to give feedback on the rate at which content is released.

Never have I said for you to "go away", I said, again I quote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    This user has just as much right as you to give their feedback on content, just as you did..

I wasn't dismissing him, or certainly that wasn't my intention. It was more or less a direct response to 'What right do they have to do this?' I'm not going to hunt out the quote It means a bunch of copy/pasting, which at this stage of the evening, I have neither the energy nor inclination to do. In no way did I mean that he (or anyone) couldn't or shouldn't leave feedback. I apologise for any offence I caused with any such inference, intended or otherwise.

edited May 2016
    Arletta wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    You said, and I quote:
    Arletta wrote:
    It's their game. They can do what they want. If they want to tell us everything to come for months in advance or nothing until the pack drop, that's entirely up to them. We don't get the right to tell them what to do.

You're dismissing him, and he's exercising his right as a customer, again, who pays quite the fee for The Sims and its expansion packs, to give feedback on the rate at which content is released.

Never have I said for you to "go away", I said, again I quote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    This user has just as much right as you to give their feedback on content, just as you did..

I wasn't dismissing him, or certainly that wasn't my intention. It was more or less a direct response to 'What right do they have to do this?' I'm not going to hunt out the quote It means a bunch of copy/pasting, which at this stage of the evening, I have neither the time nor inclination to do. In no way did I mean that he couldn't or shouldn't leave feedback. I apologise for any offence I caused with any such inference, intended or otherwise.

Don't worry about it. I wasn't offended. If I'm honest I'm not anything any more apart from tired of all this.

--T

ETA: awful grammar.
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    The sims 4 slogan in a nutshell: "Let's just get this over with". But seriously do they even show themselves playing the game as a preview anymore ? where is the hype ?!?
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I want to know what's going on. I want more information on the upcoming GP+SP. I want to know where this game is heading and I want to know about toddlers.

Your company is providing a service here, and if you want to continue to receive my money for said service then somebody needs to start talking and start wowing me. This is getting old and I want to know its even worth my time any more!

I don't not know of any other game that I play where I do not know at least* what to expect in the near future that's not 15seconds long...

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

Wait and see and wait patiently like the rest of us. And remember that many of us DON'T want toddlers.

I really don't understand that. I hate playing families generally but I still really miss toddlers. Wasn't the age up option enough? (I'm not being mean btw, I am just really curious).

*edit: forgot the word *up* (age up) :s
    I simply don't believe it when people claim that, I think it's their way of dealing with the lack of this life stage and the constant demand for them by others. Sorry but I really do. As soon as toddlers for this game will be announced each and every one will bounce up and down all over the forum, cheering and clapping their hands and hyping. And when asked, they will declare they just didn't like toddlers in the previous games, but in Sims 4, ha, well, that's something else.

*gives hammer*

*holds nail*

Care to hit it? Oh wait, I think you just did!

--T

I fail to see your point here. Honestly. Not once did I say toddlers are the cure to this game and actually, I'd be the first to disagree with that. They're not. Toddlers are merely the face of many, many issues I have with this game but until they address it, I can't move past it. I need to know the deal before I can even begin to start opening myself to this game. But it would be a BIG start. At least for me.

The last line of your post also bothers me. You're stuck with what? It's this kind of thing that makes EA think they can get away with this. People just accept it. Well, if you can accept mandatory patches why can't you (not you personally) accept toddlers? You accept teens, right? What if They remove those. What will you (again not you personally) do then?

--T

I don't really like the tragic clown. I never asked for it back but it is what it is unless they start doing optional patches.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    edited May 2016

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

I really don't understand that. I hate playing families generally but I still really miss toddlers. Wasn't the age up option enough? (I'm not being mean btw, I am just really curious).

(I'm answering this as one of the people who doesn't want toddlers)

I love playing families. I always have. I've never made it past a third generation, in any iteration of The Sims (and believe me I've played them all). To me (personal opinion only, mind you) they became too much like you'd train a puppy or a kitten. Teach 'em where to pee, where to eat, where to sleep, how to walk, how to talk, until they have their birthday. Yes, they had their cute moments, but mostly they just became annoying.

I don't age them or any lifestage up before it's time. It's too much like cheating, which I dislike even in a game. So they're a toddler (or whatever) until their natural aging. Personal choice, but it didn't feel right, like you're getting rid of something unnatural and that wasn't so. Perfectly natural, just hated getting stuck on the toddler training treadmill. I'd rather not have them at all, if that's what they're like again.

I feel it wise to point out that this is just my personal opinion.

--T

I don't really like the tragic clown. I never asked for it back but it is what it is unless they start doing optional patches.

Ok, I get you now. I misunderstood you a little. My apologies. This was always my kind of mindset too. The last thing I'd ask them to do is remove anything. So I agree with you on that; it is what it is, I adapted or avoided. Simple.

:)

--T
    edited May 2016

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

I love playing families. I always have. I've never made it past a third generation, in any iteration of The Sims (and believe me I've played them all). To me (personal opinion only, mind you) they became too much like you'd train a puppy or a kitten. Teach 'em where to pee, where to eat, where to sleep, how to walk, how to talk, until they have their birthday. Yes, they had their cute moments, but mostly they just became annoying.

I don't age them or any lifestage up before it's time. It's too much like cheating, which I dislike even in a game. So they're a toddler (or whatever) until their natural aging. Personal choice, but it didn't feel right, like you're getting rid of something unnatural and that wasn't so. Perfectly natural, just hated getting stuck on the toddler training treadmill. I'd rather not have them at all, if that's what they're like again.

So a baby morphing into a child is not cheating? Because that's exactly the way I feel about it. It disgusts me that it skips a stage of life without my consent. There's a gaping hole there.

With an analogy like that, I'm dumbfounded how you could be OK with a solution of removing them altogether. *Thats like, the worst, last thing I'd EVER want them to do.

--T

*added sentence.

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

I feel it wise to point out that this is just my personal opinion.

@Arletta thanks for the reply. I can see why it would feel like that but strangely for me my enjoyment came from visiting townies houses and training up their toddlers. I had the stuff that came with a world (forget which one now) that did most of the training, the walker and the playpen etc and would stick the toddlers in those etc and play with them and feed them. I really enjoyed the play around toddlers and when I did play families i would have aging off and toddlers would stay that age for aaggeeesss. :D

The reason I hate playing with families is that i get so attached to my sim I hate seeing him age up... but it gets ridiculous to have a father and child the same age! :s

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

So a baby morphing into a child is not cheating? Because that's exactly the way I feel about it. It disgusts me that it skips a stage of life without my consent. There's a gaping hole there.

With an analogy like that, I'm dumbfounded how you could be OK with a solution of removing them altogether. *Thats like, the worst, last thing I'd EVER want them to do.

--T

*added sentence.
    No offense but they don't have to consent you with what they do in their game and maybe toddlers will be back and maybe not but I am not to fond of toddlers either. From past experiences with them in my game, I felt they were spawned from satan the way they behaved. But I agree that a baby spawning into a child looks weird but to me that isn't enough of a reason for me to want them back.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

--T

*added sentence.

It's not cheating. Certainly, it's not what usually happens. I'm never going to be able to explain what I mean fully, and nobody is going to accept my explanation even if I hit it perfectly.

I'm not 'ok' with it. I don't think it's right any more than anybody else does. Had somebody turned around and said "Arletta, these toddlers, people don't play them enough. We're thinking of removing them. What do you think?", I'd have gone "Heck, no, make them more interesting, more compelling, so people want to play the lifestage". They didn't. I can't make them put them back, or give you answers. If I could do either one, I likely would. All I'm saying is I don't want them back unless they're more interesting or compelling. They're already not there, so I'm not depriving anybody.

NZSimm3r summed it up nicely enough for me. I'm done.

edited May 2016

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

--T

*added sentence.
    No offense but they don't have to consent you with what they do in their game and maybe toddlers will be back and maybe not but I am not to fond of toddlers either. From past experiences with them in my game, I felt they were spawned from satan the way they behaved. But I agree that a baby spawning into a child looks weird but to me that isn't enough of a reason for me to want them back.

I'm not asking them what they do in their game and please, if the poster feels this way allow them to tell me themselves. Thanks!

I merely commented on the fact that she liken it to cheating. Well if that's the case, surely a completely MASSING life stage is worst?

--T

Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

I simply don't believe it when people claim that, I think it's their way of dealing with the lack of this life stage and the constant demand for them by others. Sorry but I really do. As soon as toddlers for this game will be announced each and every one will bounce up and down all over the forum, cheering and clapping their hands and hyping. And when asked, they will declare they just didn't like toddlers in the previous games, but in Sims 4, ha, well, that's something else.

@JoAnne65 I really struggle to see what was so 'bad' about the toddler stage. I mean I know we all play differently but that one I struggle to get my head around. I only seem to get upset when stuff is nerfed. If there are game play elements I don't enjoy, like female idles (gawd I hate them) I just don't play females and when I have to for a challenge I just skill them 24/7 so they don't get a chance to talk or be idle!

Lol about declaring not liking previous toddlers. I'm gonna die if that happens! :D

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The sims 4 slogan in a nutshell: "Let's just get this over with". But seriously do they even show themselves playing the game as a preview anymore ? where is the hype ?!?
    It got culled.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    @To7m we might all be simmers but we do not all have the same playstyle we each have diffrent playstyles and we will get toddlers back when thats not for us to decide but the game developers of ea/maxi
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(