Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    My sims child does cartwheels and torments her cousin lol
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

@thegummybear13
    Is that the action "give noogle"? (unsure if I am spelling it correctly).

Lol give noogie :smiley: and no this one is under "fight" for children. But the cartwheels are under "Show off"

• lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    I just discovered my Sim Amelia (who had just returned from class and I hadn't noticed) admiring her engagement ring and whilst I might expect that at the time of the engagement, it's been about 10 Sim days since the event! :)
    It makes me wonder; Amelia wasn't too happy about becoming engaged in the first place!
    071snapshot_a42e4084_8434eddc.jpg

Your sim is adorable!
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    @DivinylsFan
    I did get the cheats for the expansion packs when I registered by game but don't recall receiving a cheat about the cheesecake. Funnily enough yesterday when I was playing, Amelia made cheesecake for the food contest but did not win despite having maxed the Cooking Skill and in the Zone for Cuisine! :(
    I, too have sent an occasional pregnant Sim to work after seeing a pregnant Jennifer Burb come home from work with Daniel Pleasant. ;)
    I have also sent a Sim back to work if they come home and received promotion and their work hours are at the current time - it depends how desperate for money they are, but also if they satisfy the criteria for the next level of promotion, why not? :)

you don't understand
    it's not a cheat.
    a cheat is: control shift C or something or other, then move_objects on ..
    eating cheesecake is part of the game, you just eat the cheesecake
    making more than a full household or not, your sim will have twins if she eats cheesecake while pregnant.
    no cheats
    no mods
    just cheesecake.
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    I should have known better lol my sim is now getting chased by bees.BEES !

can't remember what that's from, is it gardening? or a chance card from work?
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @DivinylsFan
    You are right; they are not cheats - game hints- I think is the official term! :)
    I think I may still have those emails - just need to look through and find them and see if there are any hints I can share. :)
    I do know that cheesecake produces twins - I inadvertently got Brandi Broke to serve cheesecake to the Headmaster and she ended up giving birth to two baby boys! It can be hard enough as a single parent Sim with one baby - far less two!
    @lexylongcat
    I have to confess I didn't make her - she is a premade young adult Sim you can select in Create-a-Sim.
    I did change a few of her outfits but not her head/hair/make up,
    I do enjoy playing her - Amelia enjoys watching TV and loves to tell jokes - I get the 'happy walk' when I give her these actions! :)

can't remember what that's from, is it gardening? or a chance card from work?

Idk i had my screen focused on another sim and then all of a sudden i heard screaming lol :D

Being chased by bees happens when your Sim does some tours in Bon Voyage and also if they go hiking with Freetime.
    It's almost as bad as when they can't stop scratching when they have touched poison ivy! :)
    Being chased by bees happens when your Sim does some tours in Bon Voyage and also if they go hiking with Freetime.
    It's almost as bad as when they can't stop scratching when they have touched poison ivy! :)

ooh i have not seen the poison ivy yet but i believe my sim was catching bugs because im not on a vacation

oh, it's probably truly well known, but if you have Sim City .. 4? you can make your own neighbourhood for Sims 2, and if you play Sim City you can place any of your sims from Sims 2 into your cities. Be careful placing trees in Sim City though because when you open it in Sims 2, those trees will be multiplied like a disease, so only place those very sparingly. There is a tutorial out there about how to make a neighbourhood from Sim City for Sims 2. It used to be on the old BBS exchange. Surely someone has kept or recreated it somewhere.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    When I make SC4 Terrains to use in TS2, I never place trees! They take over the terrain! *laughs*
    When I make SC4 Terrains to use in TS2, I never place trees! They take over the terrain! *laughs*

I wonder, has anyone looked into whether or not trees from Sim City have a bigger file thingy size than trees manually placed in Sims 2 neighbourhoods/decoration?

A plain treeless neighbourhood is dull I always find, so if there's no trees from the Sim City map, I have to place some from the neighbourhood decorations. Thing with trees from Sim City, is if your sim's lot gets placed somewhere where there's a tree from Sim City, it doesn't disappear, and the neighbourhood editor lot placer thingy doesn't tell you something is in the way like a manually place decoration tree will. Sometimes that's nice if it ends up in a corner of the lot or such, because then it's a free tree in the garden, although it needs to be a nice looking tree not a transparent blurry THING, or else then it's not worth it. But you can grab such trees individually from the neighbourhood and delete them before placing your lot.
    So anyway, if it turns out that trees from Sim City have a smaller file size than trees manually placed in The Sims 2, then surely they're better, if you can be precise enough to only place them in Sim City sparingly.
    You don't get SC4 trees in TS2 so their file size doesn't matter. From what I have read, if you place a tree on the terrain in SC4 and then put that terrain in TS2, when you go to use it, something in the file tells TS2 that the terrain has trees (not how many) so TS2 then picks a tree any tree and randomly throws a random number of them on the terrain.

You can see it just by picking a terrain that has trees and making a few new neighborhoods with it. I used to do that to get one with less trees, before I got SC4 and started making my own, without trees.
  • simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited May 2016
    And sometimes you end up with this:

Ponds.jpg

(Yes, those are ponds- for some reason the game treats them as trees!)
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
    simsample wrote: »

Ponds.jpg

That gives me anxiety lol

and that is why you don't place trees in SC4, on terrains meant for TS2. *laughs*
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Do what I do...place 1 tree in each corner of the map. LOL
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    simsample wrote: »

Ponds.jpg

Those are ponds? Lol They look like some sort of fungus spilling down a mountainside! Lol.
    You don't get SC4 trees in TS2 so their file size doesn't matter. From what I have read, if you place a tree on the terrain in SC4 and then put that terrain in TS2, when you go to use it, something in the file tells TS2 that the terrain has trees (not how many) so TS2 then picks a tree any tree and randomly throws a random number of them on the terrain.

You can see it just by picking a terrain that has trees and making a few new neighborhoods with it. I used to do that to get one with less trees, before I got SC4 and started making my own, without trees.

The old tutorial used to say palm trees were the only one that doesn't get transferred, but I think they did when I tried it once.
    As for any tree, all of the SC4 terrains I've made have transferred the same type of tree to my game of The Sims 2 as was placed in SC4. What I can't remember is if it was from manually placing those trees in SC4, which you can do, or from the God Mode of 'flora'? or whatever button it was that ya know just painted clusters of trees around, and I think with that there was a button for each type of forest, so there'd be like similar climate zone type trees and if you released pause for time to go by before starting the mayor mode, those trees would multiply, especially if you let years and years go by. However, whichever way of placing those trees SC4 it was, the same type of tree did transfer in multiples to my The Sims 2 game. I deliberately made one such terrain once with the types of trees I wanted to appear in my Sims 2 game, quite a few of them, and when I opened it in my Sims 2 game, the place was totally covered, in the particular trees that I wanted, and then I manually grabbed and bulldozed areas of trees to place my lots, I wanted it to be like that, it was a nice view from my sims' windows, I thought. I do remember with that one that some of the clusters that appeared in my game weren't what I'd placed in the SC4 terrain, but most of them were. Some of them were those group tree decoration from the neighbourhood view and when I'd grab them there'd be like a bunch of them in a circle lift up to be moved or deleted.
    It might be because the same types of trees that are in SC4 are mostly in Sims 2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWZrBjKsz5g

Has anyone had this happen yet ? Lol

My question was, whichever way the tree appears in The Sims 2, if it is from an SC4 terrain, is the individual tree a smaller or larger file size thingy than a tree placed in the neighbourhood once the Sims 2 game has been opened, from 'decorations' in the neighbourhood edit thingy. I'm meaning like .. pixels? like when you have CC and it's file size is big or small because of the pixels or something or other.

It's not difficult to remove the trees from the SC4 terrain once it's been opened in Sims 2. Just grab and delete.

My point is, if it is the case that the pixels/file size of the individual trees from an SC4 terrain are less/smaller than trees placed from the neighbourhood view, decorations, then it might actually be better to have them, since neighbourhoods do end up having trees anyway one way or another .. unless you're going for a desert landscape and even then those don't really look all that good without a cactus or such here and there.
    Discovering that the Sims2 game is never the same game twice! :)
    I have just mucked up my Sims2 legacy I was playing; I did a system restore after having problems trying to install another programme. It has taken my Sims2 legacy back to last Monday - Horlicks! :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top