Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope they announce something this week!

12345679...Next

Comments

• ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Neia wrote: »
    @Zafireria

That's how I understood it at first, but then I read it again and SimGuruGraham is saying

"Things become slightly more complex for us, because we frequently launch new free content alongside new paid content."

So they probably can't announce things that easily even when they are paid content, because of the free content that may come with it.
    Aha, that would make sense. I can see the problems that could cause.

The accountants are probably all like "Really? Are you really not patching free stuff in with that GP you announced for next quarter? Suuuuuure you aren't. Nope, no money for you!"
    Not entirely sure what you mean, they do seem to release free content in the same patch that contains the files for the EP/GP/SP, but that doesn't hurt their financials o.O
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited May 2016
    @Zafireria

That's how I understood it at first, but then I read it again and SimGuruGraham is saying

"Things become slightly more complex for us, because we frequently launch new free content alongside new paid content."

So they probably can't announce things that easily even when they are paid content, because of the free content that may come with it.

The accountants are probably all like "Really? Are you really not patching free stuff in with that GP you announced for next quarter? Suuuuuure you aren't. Nope, no money for you!"
    Not entirely sure what you mean, they do seem to release free content in the same patch that contains the files for the EP/GP/SP, but that doesn't hurt their financials o.O

When Graham had explained why the quarterly announcement only thing, the limit on doing announcements beyond that was because they couldn't actually collect income on base game sales during the current quarter if there were known (or, I suspect, might as well be known) patched-in content coming the next quarter. It creates a major internal cashflow problem. (And possibly a corporate-level one, depending on what the implications are in corporate-level quarterly income reporting.) So, base game sales can be great, but you'd get a whole quarter's worth of income from them delayed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    @Zafireria

When Graham had explained why the quarterly announcement only thing, the limit on doing announcements beyond that was because they couldn't actually collect income on base game sales during the current quarter if there were known (or, I suspect, might as well be known) patched-in content coming the next quarter. It creates a major internal cashflow problem. (And possibly a corporate-level one, depending on what the implications are in corporate-level quarterly income reporting.) So, base game sales can be great, but you'd get a whole quarter's worth of income from them delayed.
    Oh I see. So it all boils down to money problems XD
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    EG.

If they announced a Generations type pack, people might (probably?) assume toddlers are going to be patched in just before. This could lead people who have held off buying the base game, to dive in.

If that turns out not being true, they have to disregard the base game profit for that quarter (the law might be like this in case they have a lot of refund requests/bad press as a result).

You can see why they don't announce until they know for sure (close to release), any more.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    EG.

If they announced a Generations type pack, people might (probably?) assume toddlers are going to be patched in just before. This could lead people who have held off buying the base game, to dive in.

If that turns out not being true, they have to disregard the base game profit for that quarter (the law might be like this in case they have a lot of refund requests/bad press as a result).

You can see why they don't announce until they know for sure (close to release), any more.
    Simple fix, say toddlers won't be patched in when they announce it, lol. They can't talk about content that is going to come out, but they can talk about content that is not coming. So if toddlers ain't coming yet, they can say that, they just can't say when they will.