Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope they announce something this week!

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Well it s Tuesday Morning I wonder if we 'll get the announcement today. If we do it may come early from Sims Lathem.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Would be nice to get a blog about the gamepack today and maybe a trailer tomorrow.
  • tiagomoucho3tiagomoucho3 Posts: 123 Member
    @SimGuruDrake can you confirm an announcement for today or this week? pretty please :innocent:
  • LadyMariketaLadyMariketa Posts: 123 Member
    I'm keeping everything crossed that they release information about GP3. I have some extra free time this month and I'd love to have some new content to play with! I'm really hoping to see the return of my favorite TS3 appliances like the deep fryer, pizza oven, Teppanyaki grill, bread oven, etc. I also can't wait to see what new foods will be added. I am getting myself more excited just thinking about the possibilities!!!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Baby Square
    TheSims just tweeted this. Has to be a hint.

Here is the hint it was posted on the last page

That isn't a hint. You people are becoming ridiculous. XD
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    There isn't really anything to hint at anyways, we know the theme and all
    I don't think there's much of a point in hinting towards an announcement as opposed to outright releasing it.

But I really hope we get something today/tomorrow, or else it'll be like March all over again where we're asking if there's gonna be one each week lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Baby Square

Agreed. Though it's interesting people are looking for hints again already when so many were so happy and satisfied by the teaser video we had not too long ago. Knew that buzz wouldn't last long.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Baby Square

Agreed. Though it's interesting people are looking for hints again already when so many were so happy and satisfied by the teaser video we had not too long ago. Knew that buzz wouldn't last long.
    I think its due to Maxis/Sim Studios silence, people are hungry and desperate for anything that can tell them whats next. We still don't know about the next EP, and the teaser trailer - while it being a nice change - still leaves people with so many eager questions, "can we do this?", "can we do that?" and all we get is silence, while I understand that they might be under a contract that forbids them from talking about future content, I don't think people what them to spill all the beans, people just want a little here and here.
    Personally, I think Maxis ought to *release* one hint/fact, about the up-coming SP/GP per week up till the release. So for example, first week we are told we can own restaurants (confirmed), and there are 5 new colors for one of the beds in the SP (not confirmed, this is an example, like the rest from now on). Then the week after that, we are told that you can hire 3 waiters, and there are 2 new children toy boxes.
    Just do that till the release and I think people will calm down a bit, (obviously some will still be unhappy, but this should help the vast majority)
    Nothing major is being reviled to people but it would be a fun/exciting thing to look forward to for people :)

Just my opinion of course.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    Even with the little teaser, the silence has been so long.. and now they're back to silence again and we have no idea what the game pack is even called, or when to expect a release date. Just that it'll be Spring. With that teaser, we don't k now much at all. We want to know more about restaurants. What will be the limitations of them? For a game pack, I'd say we're going to have some.... but I hope it doesn't exclude families. I want to be able to go eat with a family of Sims and have food fights, waiters/waitresses, hosts, menus and be able to make my own menus (when owning a restaurant), etc. :x.
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    What time would the announcement be today? Do we have very long to wait?
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    The teasers are gonna be meh if there's still gonna be silence in between, but I suppose that's just how things are with this iteration.
    I think they usually announce stuff at like 1pm EST (it's 11:30 now)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    The teasers are gonna be meh if there's still gonna be silence in between, but I suppose that's just how things are with this iteration.
    I think they usually announce stuff at like 1pm EST (it's 11:30 now)

Yes, announcements/blog posts/etc. usually occur at almost exactly 1 PM EST. Fingers crossed...
  • aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I'm Waiting :p
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
    edited May 2016
    If not Today then maybe Tomorrow.
    I wish if there is no pack coming this week they would let us know so I can concentrate on other things. Tomorrow is the last shot for possible news. If not tomorrow then next week looks more likely.

I really wish they would hurry up and announce this pack so I can schedule my vacation. I'm ready for one anyway. I have 4 vacations so I need to take one now anyway.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited May 2016
    @catloverplayer Oh if only I could plan vacations when I want. Technically I can, but I don't get paid. Just how it is in my contract.

I'm gonna say, if there's anything, it'll be next week. Prove me wrong, @SimGugus but that's just my thought.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
    @catloverplayer Oh if only I could plan vacations when I want. Technically I can, but I don't get paid. Just how it is in my contract.

I'm gonna say, if there's anything, it'll be next week. Prove me wrong, @SimGugus but that's just my thought.

Just keep an eye on twitter tomorrow just to be safe. I"m not ready to say next week yet.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    People are starting to get restless.... I think it's time!
    Aussie_Simmer
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    People are starting to get restless.... I think it's time!

It's funny, I see that others are, but with that short snippet of what the quarter is going to bring, I feel better knowing what's coming. I'm not starving for news. Now I'm just pumped to see what the packs are going to offer.

What gets me even more excited for these packs is that @SimGuruDrake said she's particularly excited about the upcoming content!! That has to be good! I can't wait to see gameplay and detailed features!!
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    Baby Square

I think its due to Maxis/Sim Studios silence, people are hungry and desperate for anything that can tell them whats next. We still don't know about the next EP, and the teaser trailer - while it being a nice change - still leaves people with so many eager questions, "can we do this?", "can we do that?" and all we get is silence, while I understand that they might be under a contract that forbids them from talking about future content, I don't think people what them to spill all the beans, people just want a little here and here.
    Personally, I think Maxis ought to *release* one hint/fact, about the up-coming SP/GP per week up till the release. So for example, first week we are told we can own restaurants (confirmed), and there are 5 new colors for one of the beds in the SP (not confirmed, this is an example, like the rest from now on). Then the week after that, we are told that you can hire 3 waiters, and there are 2 new children toy boxes.
    Just do that till the release and I think people will calm down a bit, (obviously some will still be unhappy, but this should help the vast majority)
    Nothing major is being reviled to people but it would be a fun/exciting thing to look forward to for people :)

Well, some SimGurus are getting past that by "leaking" features, like @SimGuruNinja "leaking" ownable restaurants, and @SimGuruSarah "leaking" a seemingly Unisex CAS option.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    Baby Square

Well, some SimGurus are getting past that by "leaking" features, like @SimGuruNinja "leaking" ownable restaurants, and @SimGuruSarah "leaking" a seemingly Unisex CAS option.

I think the unisex feature is coming with the May Patch not in the Gamepack.
    edited May 2016
    Baby Square

Just read a statement from GuruGraham where he says that content they plan to sell they can announce whenever they want. Its the free stuff they can't as they have to release it in the same quarter it was announced in.

So far I have understood (which I could have misunderstood, sorry) they can announce the next SP/GP/EP whenever they want and are then allowed to talk about it.
    Free content is first when they are sure they can release it within the same quarter.

Here is the source: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884260/lines-of-communication-are-opening-up-yay/p6
    and
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884260/lines-of-communication-are-opening-up-yay/p12

Last link is GuruDrake speaking about that they can first talk about content that has been officially announced or is already out.

So all in all, they can't talk about content until it has been officially announced, but they can announce it whenever they want if its paid content.

Again I might have misunderstood. Sorry if that is the case.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    @Zafireria

That's how I understood it at first, but then I read it again and SimGuruGraham is saying

"Things become slightly more complex for us, because we frequently launch new free content alongside new paid content."

So they probably can't announce things that easily even when they are paid content, because of the free content that may come with it.
    Neia wrote: »
    @Zafireria

That's how I understood it at first, but then I read it again and SimGuruGraham is saying

"Things become slightly more complex for us, because we frequently launch new free content alongside new paid content."

So they probably can't announce things that easily even when they are paid content, because of the free content that may come with it.
    Aha, that would make sense. I can see the problems that could cause.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    @Zafireria

Aha, that would make sense. I can see the problems that could cause.

The accountants are probably all like "Really? Are you really not patching free stuff in with that GP you announced for next quarter? Suuuuuure you aren't. Nope, no money for you!"
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.