Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I never realized this, but toddlers can chase butterflies. It's so adorable!
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    and when they play in the leaves
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    I just started playing the SIMS 2 again and I'm loving it! I loved sims 3 because of open world and the color wheel- that's the only thing I find missing in the sims 2 for me... So on that note, can you download more hair/eye colors for sims in the Sims 2 ?
  • emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    Also in my Sims 2 the entire house went up in flames because someone is a bad cook- I didn't have a fire alarm so everyone died. I wasn't even trying to kill my sims and I was so shocked to actually" loose" the game of life! I can't even kill a sim if I try in the Sims 4 lol
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @emilymsims That's what I love about TS2, the unpredictability. :)
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    emilymsims wrote: »
    Also in my Sims 2 the entire house went up in flames because someone is a bad cook- I didn't have a fire alarm so everyone died. I wasn't even trying to kill my sims and I was so shocked to actually" loose" the game of life! I can't even kill a sim if I try in the Sims 4 lol

OMG! I'm so sorry you lost your family to the fire! However, welcome back to TS2!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I just started playing the SIMS 2 again and I'm loving it! I loved sims 3 because of open world and the color wheel- that's the only thing I find missing in the sims 2 for me... So on that note, can you download more hair/eye colors for sims in the Sims 2 ?

Yeah you can, there's lots of cc for the game.

Oh dear. That's the kind of thing that happens to me. I left my game I paused once by accident, went to the bathroom and came back to my sims had no kitchen and were missing two family members due to fire. Whoops.
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    Omg omg omg lol i had just witnessed for the first time in all my years of the sims 2 my child sim threw food on the ground for the dog to eat.I had no idea they could do that.On the other hand in all my years this is the first time im playing with free will on :p
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

Idk if this is really a discovery but my glamour life glows pink ? is that a glitch ? lol

> @thegummybear13 said:
    > Idk if this is really a discovery but my glamour life radio glows pink ? is that a glitch ? lol

I really should use high chairs occasionally in households with dogs. I'd forgotten about that, thanks.

Pic of the glamour life radio glowing? I suspect it's a glitch but I don't recall which radio that is so a pic would help. *laughs* I never was one for paying attention to what came with which EP or SP.
    lol i've seen it in alot of videos

I came across an old thread on mts and someone said you can watch clouds while you sit down holding your puppy :smiley:

• DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    cleo00 wrote: »
    I never realized it actually snows in the neighborhood view as well as on the lot.

And apparently sims can lay down when they're hanging out in Uni.

Also was extremely creeped out to see that if you line a bunch of sims up and have them all pose their heads follow you. Give it a try. Line a bunch of sims up - have them all pose stand still - pause it - rotate the screen - unpause.
    I had it with sixteen sims. Utterly terrifying.

Also, not from my experience but from watching sims 2 lets plays on YouTube that there are video cut scenes for birthdays to the different age stages. I wonder how come I never saw any.

For the birthday cut scenes, you need to throw birthday party and blow out these candles. Also, make sure, that sim's aspiration bar is green or above. So you need to do three things:
    1.Throw a Birthday party,
    2.Blow out the Candles on birthday cake,
    3.Have sim age up well.
    And then you should get birthday cut scene.

growing up well with a cake has nothing to do with the cut scenes. In the game options, video, choose enable special event camera. that is all.
    Weddings, engagements, first kiss, first woohoo and woohoo in the spa also have a cut scene. Can't remember if dying has one or not.

Toddlers get a wish to buy a bush. They don't however do anything with that bush.

If your pregnant sim eats cheesecake they will have twins, even when the house is full. So say you have 6 sims in your house, and 2 of those sims get pregnant, which they can each to have one baby each normally and make 8 sims. But if those two sims then eat cheesecake, they will both have twins and tip the house over to 10 sims. I guess then it would be possible for 4 sims in the house to each get pregnant, the game assuming they will have one baby each making 8, then they all eat cheesecake, all have twins, tipping the house over to 12 sims. There is no cheat or mod involved with that either. It's just the cheesecake. It was a tip that was told to people in a thank you email from EA in return for registering one of the games, it might have been Seasons? Whichever expansion it was that came with the ability to make cheesecake.

Has anyone discussed all the different ways to woohoo? Besides the bed and the spa, there is also:
    • the car
    • the elevator
    • photo booth
    • dressing room (for trying on clothes at a shop)
    • can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure there are others.

I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    Sims can woohoo in the clothes closet at home
    and in the hammock
    and the hot tub and sauna.

I just use a mod for unlimited sims & pets on a lot (by BoilingOil at Leefish). My favorite family is at 24 family members and 2 dogs.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    cleo00 wrote: »
    I never realized it actually snows in the neighborhood view as well as on the lot.

And apparently sims can lay down when they're hanging out in Uni.

Also was extremely creeped out to see that if you line a bunch of sims up and have them all pose their heads follow you. Give it a try. Line a bunch of sims up - have them all pose stand still - pause it - rotate the screen - unpause.
    I had it with sixteen sims. Utterly terrifying.

Also, not from my experience but from watching sims 2 lets plays on YouTube that there are video cut scenes for birthdays to the different age stages. I wonder how come I never saw any.

For the birthday cut scenes, you need to throw birthday party and blow out these candles. Also, make sure, that sim's aspiration bar is green or above. So you need to do three things:
    1.Throw a Birthday party,
    2.Blow out the Candles on birthday cake,
    3.Have sim age up well.
    And then you should get birthday cut scene.

growing up well with a cake has nothing to do with the cut scenes. In the game options, video, choose enable special event camera. that is all.
    Weddings, engagements, first kiss, first woohoo and woohoo in the spa also have a cut scene. Can't remember if dying has one or not.

Toddlers get a wish to buy a bush. They don't however do anything with that bush.

If your pregnant sim eats cheesecake they will have twins, even when the house is full. So say you have 6 sims in your house, and 2 of those sims get pregnant, which they can each to have one baby each normally and make 8 sims. But if those two sims then eat cheesecake, they will both have twins and tip the house over to 10 sims. I guess then it would be possible for 4 sims in the house to each get pregnant, the game assuming they will have one baby each making 8, then they all eat cheesecake, all have twins, tipping the house over to 12 sims. There is no cheat or mod involved with that either. It's just the cheesecake. It was a tip that was told to people in a thank you email from EA in return for registering one of the games, it might have been Seasons? Whichever expansion it was that came with the ability to make cheesecake.

Has anyone discussed all the different ways to woohoo? Besides the bed and the spa, there is also:
    • the car
    • the elevator
    • photo booth
    • dressing room (for trying on clothes at a shop)
    • can't think of any others right now, but I'm sure there are others.

-Hammock
    -Hot tub
    -Tent
    -Walk in closet
    -Sauna
    -Junk car
    -Helicopter

edited May 2016
    @DivinylsFan
    Thank you for the tips but I don't know if you can make 12 living on the lot as in the past I tried making a Big Brother style house with most residents of Pleasantview including Brandi Broke and it wouldn't let me have 8 adult residents only 7. It might be different though if the female adults are already in situ?

Places to woohoo - "blushing" - the hot tub and fitted wardrobes that come with Apartment Life. :)
    Sorry did not see thegummybear13 post on woohoo.
  • missmani09missmani09 Posts: 692 Member
    Loving these posts
    Toddlers are FINALLY HERE!!!
    I just discovered my Sim Amelia (who had just returned from class and I hadn't noticed) admiring her engagement ring and whilst I might expect that at the time of the engagement, it's been about 10 Sim days since the event! :)
    It makes me wonder; Amelia wasn't too happy about becoming engaged in the first place!
    071snapshot_a42e4084_8434eddc.jpg
    I just discovered my Sim Amelia (who had just returned from class and I hadn't noticed) admiring her engagement ring and whilst I might expect that at the time of the engagement, it's been about 10 Sim days since the event! :)
    It makes me wonder; Amelia wasn't too happy about becoming engaged in the first place!
    071snapshot_a42e4084_8434eddc.jpg

lol how cute ! so many little things that makes this game awesome !

@DivinylsFan
    Thank you for the tips but I don't know if you can make 12 living on the lot as in the past I tried making a Big Brother style house with most residents of Pleasantview including Brandi Broke and it wouldn't let me have 8 adult residents only 7. It might be different though if the female adults are already in situ?

Places to woohoo - "blushing" - the hot tub and fitted wardrobes that come with Apartment Life. :)
    Sorry did not see thegummybear13 post on woohoo.

If you have the expansion that enables your sim to make the dessert 'cheesecake' it will force your pregnant sim to have twins whether there is room for them or not.
    It's not from any mod or cheat
    It is however a high cooking skill that can make the cheesecake.
    There is nothing sinister about it.
    I've done it before many times.
    Cheesecake forces twins whether there's room or not.
    it was a tip sent to me in an official email from EA Games in reply to registering my game. Way back when, when the Sims 2 was fully up and running, if you registered your game, you got an official email from EA which included a tip, often a secret tip that's not told in the manual. Cheesecake = twins was one of them. So I tried it out for when there was only space for one baby in the house, and sure enough .. twins, tipping the household number to over the maximum. What happens to their portrait is it appears in a second column, smaller than the others. I've been told this is what the layout for portraits is for Pets. So if you have Pets and you've seen those smaller portraits in a second column, that is where the extra baby's face will appear, and they are fully operational.

Try it yourself, prove me wrong, but you won't. Your sim has to eat the cheesecake while pregnant. One slice is all it takes.
    Here is another tip:
    if your female pregnant sim owns a car, she can drive to work when she's supposed to stay at home. The carpool won't come and the game will tell you she's got maternity leave, but she can drive herself to work. She still gets paid either way but if there's a promotion in the midst, she can go and get it, I think it's handy too when it gives you a bit of a break from that sim being at home. If the baby is due to be born during that time, she'll just do it when she gets home.
    @DivinylsFan
    I did get the cheats for the expansion packs when I registered by game but don't recall receiving a cheat about the cheesecake. Funnily enough yesterday when I was playing, Amelia made cheesecake for the food contest but did not win despite having maxed the Cooking Skill and in the Zone for Cuisine! :(
    I, too have sent an occasional pregnant Sim to work after seeing a pregnant Jennifer Burb come home from work with Daniel Pleasant. ;)
    I have also sent a Sim back to work if they come home and received promotion and their work hours are at the current time - it depends how desperate for money they are, but also if they satisfy the criteria for the next level of promotion, why not? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top