Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get TS4?

Comments

• dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    @Cinebar not true..i loved Sims 3 a lot and played it very often but I love Sims 4 too and so do a lot of other.people..

I completely agree. I feel like there is no gray in this community, you either like TS3 and dislike TS4 or you dislike TS3 and like TS4. I love both I alternate between them all the time, there are things that one game has that the other doesn't and vice versa.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have told the OP to try it. But I am saying if they play TS3 everyday and love it, I know they won't like TS4 as much. Those who like TS4 who played TS3 have issues with TS3, some others who love TS3 have no issues or overlook those issues with mods. But open world is their thing and I think loading screens, emotions popping, and to do list are a turn off for them. I know I don't play the daily tasks but others of TS4 love that sort of thing. I don't. And I know for sure those who love TS3 by their own words never want a check list on a date, a party, or any other type of outing. The OP should try before they buy. It's a good way to decide what is more important to them. Open world and sandbox and emotions that make sense and traits that matter or this game. Not saying it's not entertaining sometimes, saying it's extremely different. That's all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    @TheGoodOldGamer it was in basegame..

Then the supposedly terrible 'checklists' are incredibly easy to avoid, lol. After the first couple days, you end up making way more money freelancing than in most careers, and spend less time doing it and have more free time doing whatever you want.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @dreita95 I would play Sims 3 again but it doesn't run on my computer that well and I can only have one or two packs installed at a time with no cc whatsoever
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    The game is just OK. It's not worth $60 by any stretch of the imagination. Don't pay any more for it than you would for a fun game to waste a few hours on through Steam. No more than $20. Because that's all this is. A way to waste an hour to two here and there. This isn't a game that will strip away days or years of your life. You'll play for a few hours then be bored.
    @TheMomminator nope actually... I play on it almost every single day I can spend up to 9 hours on it at once on a weekend or day off
  • dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    @ChloeDeCookie Aww no ! I had to unistall pets because of the stray animals specially the horses lord they loved to get stuck I had to reset all sims every 5 minutes it was very frustrating.
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    @ChloeDeCookie I'm glad you love the game. I'm still that way with TS3. This game is just so disappointing to me. I couldn't even make it harvest the fruit in the last challenge.
    @dreita95 I had pets, I loved the small dogs too.. I had Katy Perry sweet treats too but I feel like I wasted my money on it coz its not downloadable anymore..only realised that when I got a new.computer and did everythin I could.tot ry and install it
    OP, if your Sim wants to go on a date in this base game you can't leave the lot and take the Sim to another lot. And this game locks away rewards and you have to do a check list if you want to have the game's idea of a good date. Not yours. Like socialize with your date five times, sit at the same time etc. It has some very dull and boring repetitive check lists. No, you don't have to do those but it's not a 'date' if you don't. If your Sim is the one doing the asking. That is the difference of sandbox and rpgness riddled through this game. That is why it's important for you to try to get in everything and not spend all your 24 hours on build mode or CAS. You should know the facts. Or at least try to play many ways before the time is up. Since more than half of those who bought TS4 who were on this site haven't bought anymore, and have gone back to TS3.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    @TheMomminator I love Sims 3 too but it.crashes a lot now so its almost unplayable.coz I want the packs inpayed for.and I want cc but that crashes the entire game.. I just stick with Sims 4 and in a way, Sims 3 feels empty to me compared to Sims 4 now
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    It depends on what content you want/like. If you love the open world, cars, terrain tools, toddlers, or CASt, you might be a bit disappointed. TS4 also isn't complete yet and only has a couple of EPs/GPs and several SPs so far. However TS4 does have a great CAS and build/buy mode, several new skills, and the world aren't separated, meaning you can travel between them freely without moving or losing relationships. It also runs pretty well even on low-end computers. It hasn't been my favorite at all so I don't really have to much praise to give it, but I would recommend trying the CAS demo (idk if there's a live mode demo)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    I see what I said does apply to some, those who love TS4 had issues with TS3. Or so it would seem.
    @Cinebar even before I encountered issues..i loved both games equally and I sometimes do play Sims 3 cc free and stuff
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OP, if your Sim wants to go on a date in this base game you can't leave the lot and take the Sim to another lot. And this game locks away rewards and you have to do a check list if you want to have the game's idea of a good date. Not yours. Like socialize with your date five times, sit at the same time etc. It has some very dull and boring repetitive check lists. No, you don't have to do those but it's not a 'date' if you don't. If your Sim is the one doing the asking. That is the difference of sandbox and rpgness riddled through this game. That is why it's important for you to try to get in everything and not spend all your 24 hours on build mode or CAS. You should know the facts. Or at least try to play many ways before the time is up. Since more than half of those who bought TS4 who were on this site haven't bought anymore, and have gone back to TS3.

Yea, I always have my sims stay at home for their dates, because there is just way too much interference from other sims when you go out on the town to a community lot. Trying to get all cozy and lovey dovey, and some smuck want to be a third wheel and make everything all tense.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    Like what others say, you should try to play the 2 day free trial to get a first hand feeling of it. That is of course for the base game only, so I suggest you watch some EP let's plays as well to see what the EPs have to offer.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Well, everybody is so negative...I guess I am simple, I heard nothing good from the TS4 from the beginning I thought I wouldn't like it, but I thought that also about TS3. TS3 was a fab game, for sure, but this is infant stage TS4, I haven't been back to TS3 since I started and got use to TS4. Got tired of my game in TS3 glitching, hanging and taking forever to load, and if I decided to change their clothes I had to wait for load screens that might never get where it was suppose to go. The design tools were wonderful in TS3, but that was one of the main problems, the more you "decorated" the worse the game ran, and I had a wonder computer with wonderful RAM and FX card. So try the free game, but remember, it still isn't finished yet, and when TS2 and TS3 came out the EP and SP pkgs added to the finished products so will this game. But you are the one to make your own decisions.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Well, everybody is so negative...I guess I am simple, I heard nothing good from the TS4 from the beginning I thought I wouldn't like it, but I thought that also about TS3. TS3 was a fab game, for sure, but this is infant stage TS4, I haven't been back to TS3 since I started and got use to TS4. Got tired of my game in TS3 glitching, hanging and taking forever to load, and if I decided to change their clothes I had to wait for load screens that might never get where it was suppose to go. The design tools were wonderful in TS3, but that was one of the main problems, the more you "decorated" the worse the game ran, and I had a wonder computer with wonderful RAM and FX card. So try the free game, but remember, it still isn't finished yet, and when TS2 and TS3 came out the EP and SP pkgs added to the finished products so will this game. But you are the one to make your own decisions.
    I hear that a lot. People having major issues with Sims 3 and then quickly adding they're playing on wonder computers. Well, mine must have been sent straight from heaven then because I never had these issues (except on the first one I played the game on and that was in fact caused by the computer not being good enough).

Anyway, OP, if I were you I'd definitely try it. I don't regret buying it because I have to see things for myself, not sure though what I would have done if that free try would have been up back then. All the things Cinebar mentioned concerning Sims 3 fans go for me, that's a fact.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    OP you need to tell us what do you like and dislike about TS3 so we can give you a better advise.

I mean when we know your priorities then we can tell you. For example for someone who loves and wants an open world TS4 is not advisable.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2016
    At the moment I have sims 3 and all the expansions expect from supernatural because I don't want it and I was just wondering if it is actually worth it to get sims 4 or if I should stay with sims 3.

Try the free demo, depends on what you liked in Sims 3. If it's open world, create-a-style and toddlers than you won't find these (or some other things) in Sims 4!

Not forgetting

Fully fledged life stages like

Newborns
    Toddlers
    Teens

And proper family play to add

And all the missing content and gameplay from them and child.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I hear that a lot. People having major issues with Sims 3 and then quickly adding they're playing on wonder computers. Well, mine must have been sent straight from heaven then because I never had these issues (except on the first one I played the game on and that was in fact caused by the computer not being good enough).

Anyway, OP, if I were you I'd definitely try it. I don't regret buying it because I have to see things for myself, not sure though what I would have done if that free try would have been up back then. All the things Cinebar mentioned concerning Sims 3 fans go for me, that's a fact.

I see this a lot too. Even my brother's old Flintstone computer plays the game like a champ, nvm I guess I'm using a computer from the Jetson's era then. The only world I had issues with is the Isla "Laggioso" world (world from the Island Paradise EP), OTH after installing OW mod everything works fine now.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    edited May 2016
    meeoun wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I see this a lot too. Even my brother's old Flintstone computer plays the game like a champ, nvm I guess I'm using a computer from the Jetson's era then. The only world I had issues with is the Isla "Laggioso" world (world from the Island Paradise EP), OTH after installing OW mod everything works fine now.
    I have an i7 6700k, 16 gab of ram and 960 gtx, yet the game runs like heck on my computer after bending over backwards to get it to recognize my card, changing all the settings to low and trying every method I came across. Yes, the game can dislike good computers for no reasons.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    edited May 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have told the OP to try it. But I am saying if they play TS3 everyday and love it, I know they won't like TS4 as much.

I played TS3 on and off for five years. I enjoyed it quite a bit. And hey, guess what? I still enjoy playing TS4. You don't speak for everyone. You don't even speak for the majority of people who loved TS3. You only speak... wait for it... YOU.

To the OP: just try the trial. Maybe check out a few reviews about the expansions by someone like LGR. What you're going to like and what you're going to think is a deal breaker is going to be highly personal.
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I would do the 48 hour trial and make your decision. Just keep in mind that there are still going to be packs coming out for TS4. As you've probably heard, there are no toddlers and babies are bound to their bassinet. On the bright side, there is less lag and you can change their lifetime wish.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • ericaduhericaduh Posts: 670 Member
    Definitely try the trial, and go into it with an open mind. If you haven't already, try checking out some "Let's Play" videos on YouTube to get a better understanding.
    my simblr - http://ericalovessims.tumblr.com
    origin id & other social networks: ericaduh