Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reading Roundup - A Sims Stories Sampling *DISCONTINUED*

Comments

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited January 2017
    Edition #16: Oh Baby! Pt. 1
    Date: 05/02/16

Welcome to this week's edition of Weekly Reading Roundup, where I sample selections of stories from the Stories and Legacies Index!

Today is Baby Day, so I am featuring baby challenges this week! And next week, for Mother's Day, I'll be featuring even more baby challenge stories! So prepare yourself for many three-day Sim pregnancies and an abundance of birthdays in this two-week baby challenge extravaganza!

Though there are several different challenges around where the goal is having children, the most well-known is the 100 Baby Challenge: to have 100 children in the least amount of generations as possible. Though there are several different variations around on this challenge, typically it is played with a young adult female founder, and she is not allowed to have a job (but may make money in other ways), may only conceive once with any given male Sim, and children may be aged up after meeting certain goals (such as toddlers learning to walk, talk, and use the potty, or once children or teens receive an A grade in school). Some variations of the 100 Baby Challenge stipulate reaching the 100 children in the fewest amount of births possible, where the aim is lots of multiple births, such as the Cheesecake Variant for the Sims 2. You can check out the standard rules for the 100 Baby Challenge for Sims 3 here, and for Sims 4 here.

Story: The 10 Baby Mama Challenge
    Site: Catty Gaming
    Simmer: @kristinepunktum
    Sims games featured: Sims 3
    Date of last update: 06/04/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 3

The 10 Baby Mama Challenge is a video Let's Play baby challenge that is just starting! Rather than aiming for a hundred children, the objective is a bit more manageable; Myron Normant must conceive children with ten different women (not a bad goal when you are dealing with Sims 3 on a computer that may not be up to the task of the much longer challenge!) Myron wastes no time in hooking up with the university mascot (she's pretty cute when she takes off that llama suit!); after getting married, moving in together, getting her pregnant, and immediately divorcing her the next day, he seems cursed to conceive again when his next lady, Jana, just won't get pregnant despite multiple attempts! Is she infertile, or is it just hard to perform when your pregnant ex is angrily drinking herself silly on the mini bar just outside the bedroom? All the fun silliness you'd expect from getting to watch Sims as it happens, and I can't wait for future parts when those little nooboos start making an appearance!

Story: 100 Baby (With a Twist) Challenge
    Site: Spacey Sims' YouTube Channel
    Simmer: @Spacey72659 (YouTube: Spacey Sims)
    Sims games featured: Sims 4
    Date of last update: 04/04/2016
    Total parts (completed): 159

100 Baby (With a Twist) Challenge is a long, ongoing video Let's Play series that is a 100 Baby Challenge... but as you would expect from the title, it is a bit more than that, as @Spacey72659 has also thrown in elements from the Four Immortal Sisters Challenge and the Black Widow Challenge to spruce things up! It features Brooklynn Pepper, who has decided to raise one hundred children... but why garden or paint for money to raise all those kids when you can ask everyone in town for loans, or marrying your baby daddy's and then feeding them to your cowplant to steal their wealth? (And all that Essense of Life will come in handy... having that many children takes a long time!) Spacey is a pleasure to listen to and there is this humor that comes across in her (somewhat mischievous) play-style that is just so enjoyable! The baby count is already up to fifty-eight! Wow, over halfway there!

Story: Ashes to Ashes: A Sims 3 100 Baby Challenge
    Simmer: @Anua92
    Date of last update: 05/12/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 19

Ashes to Ashes: A Sims 3 100 Baby Challenge tells the story of River Ash, a talented doctor with a troubled childhood that is approached with an opportunity from the Celeste Company: to help with an experiment they are conducting, by having as many babies as possible, to see if her intelligence, hard work ethic, and other factors can be affected through genetics. She must have a minimum of one hundred babies, and if she fails to do so before she reaches an age of infertility, then her youngest daughter would have to carry on the experiment. She decides to go for it, and is given an initial list of potential suitors from the Celeste Company -- a household of eight vibrantly-colored and strikingly handsome vampires. The story is very well written, with some very rich descriptions that really flesh it out and add a lot! Currently River is a mother of twelve, so there are still a lot more children to look forward to!

Story: Baby Boom Challenge
    Simmer: @BABYxTHExLUXE
    Date of last update: 10/23/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 6

Baby Boom Challenge is based on a baby challenge that involves creating a married young adult couple -- one a stay at home parent, while the other earns money -- that try to raise as many children together as possible; the more young adult children that successful leave the nest, the more points are earned! Further details about the challenge rules can be found here. The story follows Bibi and Bobby Boom, and it is written in a play-log style, chronicling several days of events per chapter. Currently the Booms are the parents of three lovely children! One of the things I really love about this is that the challenge was modified by the player to allow adoption; I found that adoption is such an underlooked feature of the game in legacies and challenges, and it is really nice to see adopted children get some love, too!

Story: Blackburn 100 Baby Challenge
    Site: simsonmars Simblr
    Simmer: @ginnymalfoy22
    Date of last update: 01/21/2017
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 300+ (Simblr format)

Blackburn 100 Baby Challenge is a 100 Baby Challenge with mother Juliana Blackburn, a curvy pink-haired serial romantic living in Windenburg who is busy painting to support her family when she isn't out wooing the local population of available men (gotta hit up the gym in only a towel, it works every time!). Babies scream, everything in the house breaks, the family lives off birthday cake, and everyone in town of the male persuasion is a potential daddy, not just the "single guys" or the "pretty guys"... this looks like a tried and true 100 Baby Challenge! I really love how much personality all the kids have (Garrison's expressions just killed me, he somehow always looked so angry or disapproving all the time, and Hamish having the Hates Children trait... bwahahahaha! Oh, the endless entertainment...) Juliana has had eleven pregnancies... and currently has had eleven children! (I'm sure you can figure out what that means... poor, poor Juliana, truly a curse is upon her for a 100 Baby Challenge!) This is written in Simblr-style, so don't let the high part count scare you off; each part is an image with a brief caption, so you can quickly breeze through pages of the story with ease! It is a ton of fun!

Story: Bump Buddies
    Site: Montigo Legacy
    Simmer: @TheNay83
    Date of last update: 10/25/2015
    Total parts (completed): 64

Bump Buddies is an interesting sort of baby challenge, where the mother and father are both pregnant at the same time (I'm not quite sure how this is possible... I mean, I know how it's possible, there are mods for that, but I mean, physically... genie magic? Ya, I'm going with that...) It features the hysterical pink-haired genie Cergio Montigo (who just happens to hate children), his wife Kelly, and their multiple other partners... aaaaah yes, I suppose it should be mentioned that this couple isn't exactly... conventional. They like to swing (and I don't mean swingsets). They also like to show their love for each other by exchanging insults. True to his trait, Cergio loves to wake all his children up each morning with a loudspeaker demanding they get a job (yes, even the toddlers), steal their candy, and assert his daughters are "proper ladies" (despite the fact a large proportion of his offspring end up with the Evil trait... gee, I wonder why!) The kids in this turn out seriously cute, too (despite being from such an... interesting household). The story is written using all images, with humorous dialogue captions added to the screenshots, which can be cycled through via a slideshow. Please note, however, this story is definitely for mature readers only -- both the dialogue and visuals feature adult language, s*xual references and imagery, n*dity (though I'll admittedly never get tired of Cergio's behind), and other references that certainly make this in the 18 or older range... and only then if you know you are the kind of reader okay with that kind of material, and the sort of humor based around it. It's all very comical, and feels rather like a dark comedy to me, and since I have a rather dark sense of humor, I find this story hysterical, myself. This story covers the first generation of the challenge, and ended at fifty-three nooboos!

Story: Bump Buddies 2
    Site: Montigo Extra
    Simmer: @TheNay83
    Date of last update: 07/21/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 46

Bump Buddies 2 is the continuation of Bump Buddies, featuring the second generation. This time it is two of Cergio's daughters, Coconut and Magik, who are going through pregnancy at the same time. It is written in the same style as the first series, using all screenshots with dialogue captions added directly to the images for comedic effect, that are placed into a slideshow. Like the first generation story, please note this story is also for mature readers only, and features both dialogue and visuals that are for the 18 or older bracket (and not offended by adult language, s*xual references or imagery, n*dity, etc.) If you liked Bump Buddies, you'll enjoy generation two!

Story: Doll Marine and 100 Baby Plums
    Simmer: @NyraKick
    Date of last update: 11/20/2016
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 77

Doll Marine and the 100 Baby Plums is a sequel to Del Marine and the Baby Mommies, a completed 100 baby challenge using a male founder, which I had intended to feature in its own right until I discovered that, unfortunately, the first quarter of the story has broken images (alas...). Now baby fifty-eight from Del's challenge, the green fairy Doll Marine, returns as founder of her own 100 baby challenge! Having just moved into a mammoth home in Mystic Falls, she is ready to start a large family of her own, which she intends to support off of the income made from her gardening skills. As she mingles with the locals, she meets several uniquely-colored supernatural males, that she hooks up with in a variety of locations, producing lots of different supernatural babies! Luckily Doll has the help of a fairy housekeeper to, Kyra Dreamer, to help her out with all those nooboos... a total of seventy-nine so far! She has some really adorable children, and I love the occassional posed family portraits! The story is written in first person from Doll's perspective, and is a rather quick read that highlights her life working through the 100 Baby Challenge.

From the Archives:

Story: 100 Baby Challenge
    Site: Eddie's Sims World
    Simmer: @Eddie Sims
    Date of last update: 06/30/2015
    Total parts (hiatus): 15

100 Baby Challenge features Freya Sindile, an alien from Sixam that has come to Newcrest in an attractive human disguise on a mission to save her dying race from extinction by having as many children as she can during her lifetime, with the ultimate goal of breeding at least one hundred children that contain genetics from Sixam. While she is on this mission, her identity as an alien, and the identity of her progeny is of the utmost secrecy, for fear of humans experimenting or exterminating her kind, which leads her to have to erase the memories of the men she breeds with. The story is written very well from Freya's point of view as an alien that is new to earth customs and culture, making her a very interesting character! (I especially loved how blunt she was to hook up with these guys, so they mistook her as a "street worker" and she was completely perplexed why they were asking how much they owed her... hahaha!) Currently the baby count is at six cute hybrids, and I'm hoping this story goes off hiatus as it is really great!

Story: Amal's Who's Your Daddy Challenge
    Site: What Are You Even Doing?
    Simmer: @Cyazurai
    Date of last update: 11/19/2015
    Total parts (discontinued): 5

Amal's Who's Your Daddy Challenge features the beloved character Amal from What Are You Even Doing? (featured during Edition #5: I'm Surrounded By Idi*ts... In Reverse!) who, as we all know, "does what she wants!" Now free of the BISBI she has her own challenge to contend with... the Who's Your Daddy Challenge, a baby challenge which tasks a single female sim to produce twenty-six pregnancies, each with a different father. Since the task can't be passed on to an heir, extending the mother's lifespan is a priority, and all in-game means of doing so are permissible. There is a rubric for scoring based on different clusters for the fathers, such as celebrity levels, supernatural races, travel destinations, zodiac signs, careers, and social groups (for more information about this unique challenge, check out the Who's Your Daddy Challenge rules). The mother must marry the last baby daddy (and only the last one!), and conceive the last pregnancy after marriage. Amal becomes torn about making the first guy she meets "the one" -- but a risky woohoo ruined that pretty fast! With only nine Simoleons to her name, she has her first child, then promptly heads off to the future to search for the next father. Once back at home, she spends her days searching endlessly to discover the Young Again potion... except when a potential rare baby daddy comes across her path to cross off the list! This is a very interesting baby challenge, with some fun and interesting characters! It is written as a commentary by the Simmer with the characters adding their own dialogue, and often times the Simmer and characters exchanging lines to comedic effect (what I like to call "ISBI style"). There have been five parts released, and four babies born thus far!

Story: Infantgeddon! (Yet Another 100 Baby Challenge)
    Simmer: @Nyosim
    Date of last update: 01/07/2017
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 44 (2 gens)

Infantgeddon! (Yet Another 100 Baby Challenge) poses the question I'm sure you have all wondered: Why does Midnight Hollow have the Golden Ticket Toy Shop when there are next to no kids in the town? Enter Angeline Holland, who has just moved to Midnight Hollow and is going to fix that problem... by having a hundred children! Of course the first thing she does is head to the library (I like this girl already!), where she meets Nathan Watts, and finds herself lost in his awkward mustache hair. Despite being flat-broke (with screenshots to prove it!), it's time to start a family! The story is really well written, using full paragraphs and in a humorous (and I daresay a touch snarky) tone that just works perfectly! Small captions are also included beneath every image, which add extra humor (I think my favorite is "Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy / But forget my number / I already have your baby.") There is even the occassional animated gif added for just the right laugh-out-loud touch! There have been nine babies born from this generation, and when the story picks up again, it'll be kicking off the second generation.

Story: Jill's 100 Baby Challenge
    Simmer: @LilyParker
    Date of last update: 10/08/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 68

Jill's 100 Baby Challenge is a discontinued 100 Baby Challenge (or at least I assume so, considering it hasn't updated in a year... but hey, you never know!) but the high count of chapters produced and quality of this read really make this worth checking out if you like 100 Baby Challenges! It features Jill Thomas, who has just moved to Moonlight Falls, and the story is told first-person from her perspective. Her first stop after moving in is heading to the library (okay, I like her too!) to set up an online dating profile and study up on that charisma (a most scholarly approach!) when in walks Chase Picard, a most attractive male... and her journey into motherhood begins! (And as it would turn out, the library is quite the hotspot in this town for hot guys, as she picks up the next baby daddy there as well! Forget bars, apparently its that sweet sweet scent of aged paper that brings around the boys! ......So tell me, where are all the hot guys at the library where I work, huh?!) She has had twenty-four children (despite a birthday party fire trying to make an early attempt at her life!) I find Jill and her adventures quite entertaining, so do give it a look!

Story: Me Myself and 100: A 100 Baby Challenge
    Simmer: @JagPacker26
    Date of last update: 09/02/2013
    Total parts (discontinued): 322

Me Myself and 100: A 100 Baby Challenge came so close to completing it almost hurts me that it is discontinued... it completed eighty-nine babies before it stopped publishing! Wow! I don't feature discontinued works from the archive often, but the shear length of this, and the fact it came so close to completing the challenge, really makes it worth mentioning! This 100 Baby Challenge features a father rather than a mother, with Robert Mahoney, who has just moved to Riverview from Bridgeport to make a living off gardening. He is met by an alien, Xeno 23221 from the planet Zork, who is experiencing underpopulation on his home planet and is looking for a human test subject to observe in a repopulation experiment... and Robert has been chosen to be that lucky subject. He must father one hundred children, all from different women; to refuse would mean being at the alien's mercy. He treats the experiment much like that, not paying much mind to the mothers of his children; after all, he has a girlfriend, Rosalie! He still shows a lot of affection to his many kiddos, and there are some real cuties! The story is written first-person from Robert's point-of-view, but dialogue is written in script format between the characters. I'd give this story a slight language warning; it shows up very rarely, but if you are very sensitive to that, or under the age of thirteen, proceed with care!

That's it for this installment of Weekly Reading Roundup! As always, I would like to thank these authors for taking the time to submit their work to the Stories and Legacies Index! Remember, if you have submitted a baby challenge story to the Stories and Legacies Index and didn't see your story featured this week, then please wait until next week, when I'll be looking at more baby challenges in honor of Mother's Day!
    Post edited by mastressalita on
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Anua92Anua92 Posts: 269 Member
    @mastressalita Thank you so much for the mention! And your words perfectly describe my story
  • Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    @mastressalita Thanks so much for sharing my LP - and I love your synopsis of it = gave me a grin and a giggle :D
  • ginnymalfoy22ginnymalfoy22 Posts: 404 Member
    Thanks so much for the mention! And nice, a list of other Baby Challenges I can enjoy.
    edited January 2017
    Edition #17: Oh Baby! Pt. 2
    Date: 05/08/16

Welcome to this week's edition of Weekly Reading Roundup, where I sample selections of stories from the Stories and Legacies Index!

Since today is Mother's Day, this week I am featuring more baby challenges! Being a mother to one child is an amazing feat, but one hundred? These Sim mothers definitely deserve a little time in the spotlight! If you missed out on the fun last week, please check out Edition #16: Oh Baby! Pt. 1, which explains the rules of the 100 Baby Challenge and features many different baby challenge stories from the Stories and Legacies Index! Now, bring on the babies!

Story: Cursed 100 or More Babies
    Simmer: @Nancy01905
    Date of last update: 04/23/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 3

Cursed 100 or More Babies is a male 100 Baby Challenge. It stars Karl Light; he doesn't remember his parents or where he is from, but he does remember bumping into a mysterious figure that took offense and put a curse upon him. He can't get employment, or get married, and must have one hundred children to break the curse. Therefore he must make his living from writing, painting, hacking, and selling collectables in his free time, and true love with any of the mother's of his children is off the books, as they will have to leave his home as soon as the child is born. Of course, it looks like his first child will be born without the need of a baby momma, due to a little otherworldly help... This story is written in first-person from Karl's perspective, and is just getting started with Karl's first pregnancy (err... quite literally!)

Story: Greenberg 100 or More Babies Challenge
    Simmer: @Nancy01905
    Date of last update: 04/23/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 20

Greenberg 100 or More Babies Challenge is a video Let's Play series that is taking on a male 100 Baby Challenge, with the emphasis on male pregnancies via abductions. It features Kingston Greenberg, an alien in disguise, so the children from his abductions result in alien babies rather than hybrids! His current baby count is three alien nooboos, with hopefully many more cute alien nooboos to come!

Story: Insanity of Jamie
    Simmer: @MischiefTheKitten
    Date of last update: 01/06/2017
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 44

Insanity of Jamie is a 100 Baby Challenge using Jamie Jolina from Sunset Valley. Her reason for having a hundred children? For science! Yes, she's having one hundred babies for scientific reasons. She's a very dedicated doctor, don't question it! She woos the guys, has the nooboos, and is pretty much the worst mother ever, as she just can't stay away from that mini-bar (though I'm sure she'd be pleased to announce she hasn't touched it in chapters, thank you very much). The story is "played very hands-off for the most part," and therefore, "most things will happen on high free will," you can expect a lot of zany shenanigans, with the writing style mainly humorous commentary. This story is absolutely hilarious and is always an excellent choice if you want laugh-at-loud moments in your reading material! Jamie has currently had thirteen kiddos, so there is plenty more hilarity to be had in the future, no doubt!

Story: Kiss of a Vampire
    Simmer: @jazen
    Date of last update: 04/06/2016
    Total parts (completed): 135

Kiss of a Vampire has origins as a baby challenge, but, "over time things changed, and it became way more story driven than baby driven." So while you won't find one hundred babies in this story, you will find a completed tale full of drama, romance, the supernatural, with plenty of mystery and intrigue that will keep you clicking the next button! And there are still plenty of babies to be had, don't worry! Amari Vinson, having just moved to the big city of Los Aniegos from Riverview after the death of her twin sister, ends up running into her idol growing up at an autograph signing -- Mulo Drakul, dashingly handsome with his white skin and hair and red eyes. That evening she is invited over to his place, but ends up waking up in her own apartment with no memories of what really happened that night... and then she finds herself pregnant with his child! As a mysterious female connected to Mulo seems far too interested in her life, her firstborn Aric doesn't seem quite normal, and Mulo keeps disappearing and reappearing without leaving behind any answers, just what has Amari inadvertedly gotten herself involved in? This story, told first-person from Amari's perspective in novel-format, is very captivating! The air of mystery keeps you guessing and wanting to know more!

Story: Quest for Immortality: A Sims 3 100 Baby Challenge
    Site: Dreaming Sims
    Simmer: @JLBDreamer
    Date of last update: 10/29/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 52

Quest for Immortality is a plot-driven dark comedy based around a male 100 Baby Challenge. When "arrogant womanizer" Liam Gelman is approached with a deal by a mysterious pair of sisters to be granted immortality if he fathers one hundred children, it seems too good to be true. But behind the scenes, unbeknownst to Liam a game between the Egyptian Gods is taking place, and he is little more than a pawn caught up in it all! After receiving several gifts from the goddesses to help him in his quest, he is ready to begin the search for baby mommas... by placing a want ad in the paper! The story is narrated by one of the sisters, Kalliah Tombs, but also includes journal entries from Liam's perspective throughout, and it is a joy to see events through their very different lenses! There is also a lot of humorous dialogue between the characters, and I love seeing how they all interact with one another! The characters are quite memorable, and I happen to be a huge fan of his live-in housekeeper, Betsy, who has a talent of getting unneeded baby mommas out of Liam's life with a smile on her face and her Mr. Liam never the wiser! (She is an absolute riot!) There are also several crossovers with other baby challenges, such as Lala Rutherwell from Lala DuLac's 100 Baby Challenge and Doll Marine from Doll Marine and 100 Baby Plums! If you want a baby challenge with an intriguing story and characters and sprinkled with lots of dark humor, make sure to check this one out!

Story: Storybrook 100 Baby Challenge
    Site: TADOLSON'S HOMEPAGE
    Simmer: @TadOlson
    Date of last update: 02/19/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 7

Storybrook 100 Baby Challenge takes a historical approach to the 100 Baby Challenge. Set in Storybrook, Maine in the year 1550, Eli and Ami Jankowsky found the town as a safe harbor for European fishing fleets, allowing outcasts such as 🐸🐸🐸🐸 families, those escaping the witch hunts, and occult creatures to settle down there. The challenge is played out on a town level, by trying to produce one hundred babies within the town over the generations, so it is a cross of a 100 Baby Challenge and a town rotation. At the moment the only settlers are the founders, the Jankowskys, and the story chronicles their daily activities as they establish Storybrook for its future growth.

Story: Zoey95's 100 Baby Challenge
    Simmer: @Zoey95
    Date of last update: 04/25/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 70

Zoey95's 100 Baby Challenge tells the story of Zipharynia, Princess of Planet Xicanopia, who has relocated to Sunset Valley after a race of warrior aliens committed genocide against her planet. Now it is up to her to keep the Xicanopian race -- humanoid aliens characterized by their striking red hair and lavender eyes and long life spans -- from existinction, by mating with the genetically compatible earthlings as much as possible, with the ultimate goal of producing one hundred children by mating with different men for genetic diversity. Thus begins her new life as earthling Charlotte Storey. Parenting that many children isn't easy, either! The men are difficult to win over, she lives in such poverty it is difficult to provide sufficiently for her children, everything around her breaks, and she has trouble teaching her children all the skills they need before their birthdays. Yet, she perseveres, with these wise words: "Parenting is not about perfection; it is about doing the best job you possibly can." Charlotte's unbreakable resolve despite the challenge ahead of her makes for an excellent read, and there are some interesting plot twists in there as well (we always knew that ice cream truck really was a stalker!) The children have such personality, too (I love Melody)! The story is told first-person from Charlotte's perspective, in paragraph format, and each chapter chronicles several days worth of her life as she goes through the challenge before her. The story is up to an impressive 62 children!

From the Archives:

Story: Lala DuLac's 100 Baby Challenge
    Simmer: @PrincessLala14
    Date of last update: 01/04/2014
    Total parts (discontinued): 156

Lala DuLac's 100 Baby Challenge made it all the way to 93 babies before being discontinued... that is quite an accomplishment, and being so close to completing the challenge really makes this worth checking out! The challenge uses a Simself, Lala Rutherwell, and the introduction is rather hilarious as she suddenly finds herself talking to a SkyVoice that has proclaimed she is stuck as a Sim and can't return to her real life until she completes a challenge (which immediately brings thoughts of homelessness and poverty flashing before her eyes) when it is proclaimed it is far worse than that... she must have one hundred babies! (You know, if this happened to me, I would've just asked the SkyVoice to kill me in a terrible Grilled Cheese Sandwich cooking accident immediately.) And not only that, her Master Controller has been disabled! ("DISABLED!!!" I scream, stunned. "How can I work without my Master Controller?" Again... I can completely sympathize!) Since this is written in the first person and in a self-insert style, you can expect a lot of Sims reference jokes! I'm also shocked to see that for a forum-hosted story from 2011 (and thus on the original Sims 3 forum), the images are still mostly all intact! Nearly all stories I find from around that time have so many broken images they are now unreadable! The first chapter has lost its images, but after that, other than a random one here or there, they are all there... and there is a handy table of contents on the first post too, something I find many forum-hosted stories even today are often lacking! That makes skipping straight to the story posts quite easy and managable! As an old classic of the genre when it comes to 100 Baby Challenge stories, be sure to check this out!

Story: Mystic Illusions: A 100 Baby Challenge
    Simmer: @starguru
    Date of last update: 11/21/2015
    Total parts (discontinued): 87 (4 gens)

Mystic Illusions is a story-driven 100 Baby Challenge that stars Maia Lee; originally an only-child from Sunset Valley, she moves to Starlight Shores to pursue a career in stage magic, and hopefully meet that special someone to start a large family (she dreams of having six children some day!) Her career as the Mystic Illusionist starts to take off, thanks to the help and promotion of Charlie Ray, and soon their friendship becomes more serious. She isn't sure if he's the love she's been dreaming of for so long, but shaken from several robberies after moving to Starlight Shores and wanting more stability in her life, she accepts his proposal... but things don't always turn out as they seem, and when her marriage falls apart in the most unexpected way possible, she has to make a deal with a shadowy figure for a bit more than the six children she'd always been hoping for... This story is excellently written with a really clever plot that really draws you in! I'd highly recommend checking it out! It is already up to 66 babies!

Story: The Sims 4: 100 Baby Challenge
    Site: Saffize's YouTube Channel
    Simmer: @Weathie (YouTube: Saffize)
    Date of last update: 01/26/2017
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 2 seasons

The Sims 4: 100 Baby Challenge is a video Let's Play series by British Simmer Saffize. It features Phoebe Temple, who was told she was infertile, but upon finding out that it had been a mistake, she decides she is going to make up for it by not just having a child, but one hundred! So she heads off to the museum to look at men rather than art, and stumbles upon a celebrity that she is determined to make her first baby daddy! (I simply can't give away who it is, you'll just have to watch and see for yourself!) And he isn't the only famous face spicing up the population of townies to keep your eyes peeled for! I love the addition of the "Daddy Wall" in this, where a photo is taken of each baby daddy to be infamously placed on a wall in the home to keep track of them (what an excellent idea!) Though this LP is on hiatus at the moment, there are currently 55 parts available to watch, and it is already 20 babies into the challenge!

Story: The Young Babies: A 100 Baby Challenge
    Simmer: @Garrat
    Date of last update: 12/30/2014
    Total parts (discontinued): 197 (3 gens)

Don't let the fact The Young Babies is discontinued fool you... the 100 Baby Challenge was completed for Generation 2, and can be read in its entirity... a whopping 179 chapters! It was only in Generation 3 where the story was discontinued, after 18 chapters. (And what happened to Generation 1, you may be asking? It was played, and the challenge completed, but not recorded in story-form! There are some mentions of it in the beginning chapters of Generation 2, and some of the Generation 1 children are available for download on the Downloads page). It is the story of Lucia Young, who has just moved to Hidden Springs with her younger sister Amelia after losing their parents and younger siblings to a house fire. They are visited by their grandmother, Lindsay, who had one hundred children (Lucia and Amelia's father was her twenty-first child!), and she tells Lucia, the older and more mature of the sisters, that she is destined to the same fate... to have one hundred children, just like she did. The story is written in first-person from Lucia's perspective, but the dialogue in written in script-format. There are some very cute and unique nooboos here, especially since Berry Sims cross the genetics! If you want to check out a completed 100 Baby Challenge, then check out the Generation 2 story from The Young Babies!

That's it for this two-week installment of Weekly Reading Roundup! As always, I would like to thank these authors for taking the time to submit their work to the Stories and Legacies Index! Next week, to honor our great law enforcement personnel for National Police Week, I'll be taking a look at stories featuring a law and order theme!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    I love how you did my stories as well :smiley:
  • JLBDreamerJLBDreamer Posts: 622 Member
    @mastressalita Thanks so much for featuring my story! Having a story heavy 100 BC is quite a task but when I read comments like yours I'm so glad I'm continuing with it (even after the 2 year with no computer forced hiatus). I'm so glad you are enjoying it and have recommended it. Thank you!
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Yay, more stories to read! Of course I'm still back in the rainbowacy list. So keeping up with you is proving rather futile. However a couple of these sparked my interest so I'm going grab them while I remember.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @mastressalita Thank you for mentioning Jamie and her madness again! <3 I can only second @jazen's Kiss, it's brilliant from start to finish!

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    edited May 2016
    @ra3rei : It pretty much takes all my time just to sample all these amazing stories and get an edition of WRR written each week, so after this month (which I already have planned out) I'm going to be re-evaluating schedule so I'll be able to have some more time freed up to work on my writing projects. Kind of wish I hadn't named it "Weekly" Reading Roundup now, I'm going to have to make new headers and change all the links and everything, grr. I think I'm going to take the summer months off unless something comes up that fits in well (the topic I had planned for the end of April and had to postpone in order to write my Blogaversary I will likely do in July, for example), and perhaps some "Rewind" posts where I look at stories that fit a theme I've already covered that joined the Stories and Legacies Index after that edition went up. I do plan to do a full month for October though, as I have a lot of stuff that would fit well there (horror, mysteries, supernatural stories, etc).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • WeathieWeathie Posts: 486 Member
    Ooh! Thanks so much for the mention! Hoping to bring back the 100 baby challenge at some point soon :smiley:
    untitled-1.png

• TheNay83TheNay83 Posts: 3,253 Member
    Thanks for the mention! It was perfectly summarize! I'm glad you're enjoying it :)
    I'm really glad this thread has proved so enjoyable and useful to so many. These stories have been a blast to read, and I really hope that others will enjoy them as well! Thanks to all you guys for producing such amazing content! <3
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Edition #18: Under Arrest!
    Date: 05/15/16

Welcome to this week's edition of Reading Roundup, where I sample selections of stories from the Stories and Legacies Index! This week, to honor our great law enforcement personnel for National Police Week, I'll be taking a look at stories that feature a law and order theme! Tough cops, sly detectives, crafty criminals, and many crimes to be solved can be found in the selection below!

Story: The Case: An Interactive Story
    Simmer: @Charliimai
    Date of last update: 05/13/2016
    Total parts (completed): Oneshot

The Case is an interactive story in the style of choose-your-own-adventure books. You, the reader, are the detective in this tale, and your story begins with an introduction by Chief Hay at the local precinct, who assigns you your first case, a heist at the Debonair Estate, and your new partner, the elderly Dustin O'Keefe, who plans to retire after this assignment. The story will branch in several different directions, prompting you to make decisions that effect the outcome. Will you catch the criminal, or will the case go unsolved? (Or are you like me, and will you carefully make sure you read each and every story branch with gusto?)

Story: Codename: Danger
    Simmer: @Daijahv
    Date of last update: 04/25/2016
    Total parts (completed): 74

Codename: Danger is a completed story about a top-secret special forces unit under the CIA and FBI that are in charge of taking out terrorists, traitors, and rival agents. The team, affectionately known as the "snakepit" by its members, consists of Yvette Evans, its leader; Victor Murphy, their weapons specialist; Dustin Kimura, an elite hacker; Ryan Sharpe, a lockpicking and safecracking expert; and Brett Knight, a former lead SWAT force agent. Together the team is in charge of cracking a case linked to the production of weapons of mass destruction... before it's too late! The story is split into seven seasons, written in novel-style, and the chapters contain some very meticulously and skillfully posed shots and tend to end with a really high level of suspense so you want to read more! Fans of unresolved sexual tension can also find a lot of that between agents Yve and Brett, as well! And if you ever get easily confused about spy jargon or police codes, there is a helpfuly glossary provided so you can look them up at any time! Please note that this story is for mature readers as it includes adult content such as strong language, s*xual content, n*dity, and violence; it plays out like a high-octane special ops television show you'd find on HBO or Showtime!

Story: Cold Blooded
    Simmer: @Daijahv
    Date of last update: 05/22/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 61

Cold Blooded is an ongoing supernatural crime drama. Victoria Carson is the number-one detective for the Avondale Police Department, having earned herself the nickname "Sherly" after the famous Sherlock Holmes. But when a new case lands in her lap -- the murder of her partner Detective Mike Rizzitello's brother and sister-in-law and the dissappearance of his niece -- her path crosses with Derrick Constantine, a mysterious rogue figure that reveals to her that the creatures of fantasy and horror movies truly exist, and they are out there... The story, written in novel format, is split into "cases," with each case consisting of multiple chapters, and I love the "Unsolved" and "Case Closed" stamps that close out each case arc! There is also a very in-depth glossary of police codes and jargon, family history information, and data on the supernatural races present in the world. Please note that this story is intended for mature readers as it includes adult content such as strong language, s*xual content, n*dity, and violence. If you enjoy crime dramas with a supernatural twist, you won't want to miss this one!

Story: F.I.S.H.
    Site: Stories by Jes2G
    Simmer: @Jes2G
    Date of last update: 01/02/2017
    Total parts (active, ongoing): 3 seasons

F.I.S.H. tells the story of River Pitts, a fisherman who has recently moved from Twinbook to Willow Creek with his pregnant wife Melody to start a new life for themselves, when suddenly his life is turned upside down when he is recruited by the Sims Intelligence Agency to become one of their secret agents and help track down local henchmen involved in Sims trafficking under a powerful crime ring out of Al Simhara. Feeling that he must take the job to protect his family, he can in no way let them know about his new job for the Federal Investigations of Sinister Henchmen -- F.I.S.H. -- and now he must investigate his own friends as possible suspects! This is a great story that really deals with the struggles of leading a double life and feeling torn between a great duty and a loving family. The story is split into seasons and written in novel format, and the first season is completed, with the second season now in progress!

Story: Get to Work: Vignettes : A Detective's Life
    Site: A Penguin's Adventure in Simming
    Simmer: @BBQPenguinWings
    Date of last update: 03/18/2016
    Total parts (completed): 20

If you saw my Weekly Reading Roundup Edition #15: Call the Doctor!, you'll be familiar with one of the five stories that make up Get to Work: Vignettes, The Doctor and the Artist. This week I'm looking at a different one of those stories, A Detective's Life, which is the story of Hailey Merchant. Though she had a rough childhood and nearly turned to a life of crime, the influence of a detective on her life not only turned her life around, but made her decide to become a detective herself! The story follows Hailey's life as she settles in at the precinct, finds herself part of a love triangle with some coworkers, and becomes a mother to a teenager that reminds her far too much of herself. She is also good friends with Alayna and Heaven from The Doctor and the Artist, so expect some familiar faces! This is a great story that really encompasses so many facets of Hailey's life, and wraps it all up in a nice photo montage at the end. There are some missing images in the introduction and the first few chapters, but not enough to really hinder the reading. Though Detective Hailey Merchant's story is completed, the story of her adopted daughter Nyla continues on in Dance! Windenburg.

Story: Hotshot Henry's Police Tales
    Site: Sim Nation, Sims World, All Things Sims
    Simmer: @Simslover163
    Date of last update: 05/18/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 14

Hotshot Henry's Police Tales follow Henry Greene, a police officer that has always wanted to be a detective because his father was a policeman and he grew up with a deep fondness for cop movies. The story is a detailed look at the Get to Work detective career, as Henry is tasked with keeping crime off the streets by issuing APBs against delinquent teens, breaking up domestic disputes on the streets (or any other trouble that Noah is up to...), taking crime reports, helping the the intake of criminals, and interrogating suspects with his patented crazy cop routine. And when he isn't busy keeping the streets clean of crime, he has an active club life, as he is a member of the Tattoo Bros Club (along with Medicine Man Matt from Weekly Reading Roundup Edition #15: Call the Doctor!) and his own Police Force Club that meets at the Rattlesnake Juice Bar for a bit of coworker socializing, featuring receptionist @mastressalita , Detective @Julyvee94 , lab technician @Rorygilmore34 , and Officer Abigail Simoto from SCIS Scientists, another story featured this week! The streets are safe with Henry on patrol!

Story: Last I Saw Was Yellow
    Simmer: @Blackrain95
    Date of last update: 05/11/2016

Last I Saw Was Yellow follows homicide detectives Hesper Ellis and Ross Hughes on a gruesome serial murder investigation in Roaring Heights. Four murders in four weeks, the victims found with vital organs removed, and so far there are no good leads for these "Harvester murders"... and now, a mysterious figure known only as Golden Eyes is appearing to Hughes. Could it be a hindrance or a help to the case? The story has a very unique visual style, appearing much like a film noir, with the images appearing in black in white except for pops of the color yellow, and everything is shrouded in mystery with a hint of the supernatural. Well-written and uniquely presented, a great choice for fans of crime mysteries!

Story: Mistakes
    Site: Sim Town Tales
    Simmer: @Nory_05
    Date of last update: 03/05/2016
    Total parts (hiatus): 14

Mistakes is Niura's second crime drama featuring detectives Kate Robbins and Ben Petersen from the fictional Montclair. It is not necessary to read Regrets first, though it is recommended, since you can become aquainted with the characters there (think of it akin to watching episodes of your favorite televised crime drama in a slightly different order!) This time Kate and Ben are sent to Pine Creek in the dead of winter, where the body of an unknown woman is found left in the woods, strangled and potentially 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Can they uncover the identity of their Jane Doe and solve what has happened to her? More of the excellent writing and visuals that you've grown to love from Regrets is back, and I particularly love the wintery landscape of Pine Creek! Go read Regrets, and then when you need more excellent crime drama, carry on to Mistakes!

Story: Regrets
    Site: Sim Town Tales
    Simmer: @Nory_05
    Date of last update: 07/30/2015
    Total parts (completed): 16

Regrets is Niura's first crime drama featuring Detective Kate Robbins and her partner, Detective Ben Petersen. Stationed in Montclair, the two are called to the small town of Hillrose, a three hour jaunt to the north, when the body of a local call girl, June Sanders, turns up in a barn, and the local police force is too small and unequipped to handle a case of this magnitude. It is up to Kate and Ben to solve the murder as they interview the locals and piece together clues. The story is told in novel format with some lovely visuals, and the town really feels alive with its cast of characters. The perfect read for fans of a television crime drama!

Story: Sidelines: Sugar and Spice
    Site: Raerei's Fortress
    Simmer: @ra3rei
    Date of last update: 04/11/2016

Sidelines: Sugar and Spice is a mystery romance series starring Nova Pigglewiggle, from Generation Six of Raerei's Pigglewiggle Legacy and her Sidelines: Get to Work series. After working for the Oasis Spring police force, she is approached by a certain fedora-wearing Guy Farrell (you'll recognize him from Jes2G's F.I.S.H., also featured this week!) who offers her a position with the S.I.A. in their N.I.C.E. division: Newcrest International Crime Elimination. She accepts the job and transfers to Newcrest, where she receives her first case: the theft of the Ana Stasia, a valuable painting, from the Newcrest Dolwing Museum, which has been replaced with a forgery. As she works on cracking the case, she meets the alluring Alysia, a woman she wouldn't mind getting to know better... A great story for fans of light-hearted crime dramas or cozy mysteries!

Story: Sim Criminal Investigative Services Crime Division
    Site: Storytime with Silver (Generation 1) / Silver's Campfire Stories: Sims Legacy Stories Continued (Generation 2) / Silver's Cupid Stories: Sims' Journeys to Love (short story)
    Simmer: @SilverDaybreak
    Sims games featured: Sims 4, Sims 3
    Date of last update: 05/03/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 10

Sim Criminal Investigative Services Crime Division (a.k.a. SCIS) obviously takes inspiration from popular crime drama television series NCIS, as it follows Anthony SimNozzo, who has moved into a lovely S-shaped home in Oasis Springs to work undercover as a rookie cop for the Sim World Police Department (SWPD) while taking on special assignments as a detective for the SCIS searching for leaks and dirty cops in the system to report back to his boss, Mr. Gibbsim. The story is presented in a short written introduction followed by captioned photos that follow Anthony SimNozzo throughout his career and social life over the course of each week, which feature a lot of cameos by the Simselfs that live in the neighborhood (it would appear that I have given up my librarian job to pursue a life of analyzing evidence for the SWPD... perhaps I'm their head evidence cataloger? I do love cataloging stuff!) After chapter 4 of Generation 1, make sure to check out the short story at "Silver's Cupid Stories," where Anthony takes on a murder case for the United Sims Navel Forces in Midnight Hollow, and is partnered with Mai Lau, where he finds the love of his life. After marrying and returning to Oasis Springs, they adopt a daughter, Josie, and decide to have a child of their own... and now in Generation 2, found at "Silver's Campfire Stories," Josie has taken after her Dad, taking on a job as a field agent for the SCIS Crime Division, after moving to Desert Oasis with her new husband, Lamar Evans. Note that chapter 6 of Generation 1 has lost its image albums (but no other chapters are affected).

Story: Sim Criminal Investigative Services Scientists
    Site: Storytime with Silver (Generation 1) / Silver's Campfire Stories: Sims Legacy Stories Continued (Generation 2) / Silver's Cupid Stories: Sims' Journeys to Love (short story)
    Simmer: @SilverDaybreak
    Sims games featured: Sims 4, Sims 3
    Date of last update: 05/07/2016
    Total parts (discontinued): 9

Sim Criminal Investigative Services Scientists (a.k.a. SCIS) is another NCIS inspired tale, though this story follows Abigail Simoto, who has moved into an S-shaped home in Alphabet Crest with her pet purple eggplant frog Violet to work a secret mission investigating Future Sims Science Laboratory for any suspicious or threatening activities, with her findings being reported back to her superiors but are otherwise highly confidential. The story is presented in a short written introduction followed by captioned photos that follow Abigail throughout the non-classified portions of her career, working at the lab with her trusty constuctor-bot Simva, and her social life each week, featuring several Simself cameos from the local population. After chapter 4 of Generation 1, make sure to check out the short story at "Silver's Cupid Stories," where Abigail is sent on a "working vacation" to Isla Paradiso to help the Sim Naval Criminal Investigative Services team stationed there by examining some highly classified trace evidence at the local science lab, while using the trip to finally get to meet her online gaming friend, Raylen Richardson, who becomes much more than a friend during her stay. After returning home with her new husband and starting a family together, now their adopted daughter Natasha is carrying on as an undercover scientist for the SCIS, while working on fulfilling her personal aspirations of grilled cheese sandwich perfection. Note that chapter 6 of Generation 1 has lost its image albums (but no other chapters are affected).

From the Archives:

Story: Let's Play: Silas Allender, Private Eye
    Site: Gus' YouTube Channel
    Simmer: @Xoxk9 (YouTube: Grown&Unsexy)
    Date of last update: 03/16/2015
    Total parts (discontinued): 9

Let's Play: Silas Allender, Private Eye is a video Let's Play series that features pre-made Sim Silas Allender from Sunlit Tides. A cop with the vice squad in Sunlit Tides that is doing an investigation on the Hale family, he is currently in a relationship with Talei Hale, the wife of the very criminal he's tailing, as well as dating Iris Adams. This pre-Get to Work series takes a look at one of the interactive careers for Sims 3, the Private Investigator profession, follows Silas as he quits his job with the cops to become a P.I., taking on a variety of cases: the good, the bad, the unnecessary, and even the morally questionable! To get the scoop, he has to not only interview the locals, but get his hands dirty by digging through their trash and mail, breaking into their homes, and doing stakeouts (and I must say, these are some of the most amusing animations I have ever seen!) This is a very quick look at the P.I. profession that came with Ambitions for Sims 3, and though short, is still a lot of fun!

That's it for this installment of Reading Roundup! As always, I would like to thank these authors for taking the time to submit their work to the Stories and Legacies Index! Next week, for Be a Millionaire Day, I'll be looking at Rosebud Challenges!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Forgive me for Edition #18 being a bit late. My Daily Persistent Headache disorder has really been... well, daily and persistent and pushed me behind schedule. This is last Sunday's edition, just going up a few days later than intended. Thanks for understanding!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member

@mastressalita Thanks for featuring my story and the fantastic Synopsis. I had a bit of trouble describing the story without giving anything away yet you did it perfectly.
    (Or are you like me, and will you carefully make sure you read each and every story branch with gusto?)

^^ made me giggle :D

Who knew there were so many simlit police stories and you managed to do all this even with that persistant headache, Hope it gets better or a least a little less persistant. :smiley:

cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oooh thank you so much for adding Hailey's story, she is quite honored and I am super excited to check out the other stories! I adore Detective's stories!
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    Forgive me for Edition #18 being a bit late. My Daily Persistent Headache disorder has really been... well, daily and persistent and pushed me behind schedule. This is last Sunday's edition, just going up a few days later than intended. Thanks for understanding!

Oh my, I really feel for you, I suffer from migraines and some days cant even get out of bed let alone read so many stories and do a great write up on them! I hope you have many more good days than bad!
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    @mastressalita, thank you for featuring my story and for the wonderful synopsis! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    I’m glad you enjoyed F.I.S.H.! :D Season 2 has three more chapters, and when season 3 comes around, we’ll be sure to get into more spy action, he he he.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited May 2016
    Thanks so much Mastress!! You already know how much I appreciate it (I wish I would have done more with Silas haha but I got distracted by shiny objects)

m1GB9W8.gif

Also I hope you feel much better soon :blush: I definitely can sympathize! I really appreciate you putting an index like this together (I keep saying to myself I'm need to do a video featuring this ... but again shiny objects (hopefully soon <3:D )!)
    Reading Roundup's schedule is going to be a little crazy for the rest of the month.

I'm going on vacation next week, from the 25th - 30th, which means I am not going to have time to prepare a Reading Roundup that week. However, the topic I had scheduled that week is one near and dear to my heart -- geek culture -- so much so that the reason I'm going on vacation is to be an anime con! (Because I'm one of those sorts of geeks). So if no one minds the fact that despite Geek Pride Day being May 25th, my Reading Roundup for this will likely go up sometime in early June.

Since I always participate in the Short Story Challenges thread and don't want to lose my chance this month since I'm losing a chunk of days to my vacation, that also means this week's Reading Roundup on Rosebud Challenges is also not ready, as I've spent the whole day in game getting screenshots for my short story instead of reading, and I need to spend early next week before I leave doing the writing. I will attempt getting it up before I leave since it's a short edition, but I can't make any promises; it too, may get delayed until June.

...This leads to the future of Reading Roundup in general. You've probably noticed I've dropped "Weekly" from the title. Keeping up with a weekly release for it kept me from pretty much being able to do anything else -- I can never update my own stories because I was so busy reading reading reading all the time to keep with the schedule I'd imposed on myself for this thread. So in the future, editions will go up on a more lax schedule, to allow me better balance between reading and writing up this reader's advisory column, as well as getting to update my own Sim stories more often. Summer in particular is probably going to be very light on Reading Roundup editions; I intend to catch up with some old stories at my own pace in my downtime, perhaps do some "Rewind" editions that feature stories that fit a past theme that joined the Stories and Legacies Index after that edition went up, and prewrite some editions so that (hopefully) I can do a full month in October. Summer Reading is a very stressful time at my actual library job, so a little less stress during those months is always appreciated. ^_^

Thanks to all who enjoy this thread for understanding!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Quite understanding! I appreciate all the hard work you put into this. Take all the breaks you need.
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    @mastressalita : I want to thank you for featuring my gameplay based story here.It makes me feel very honoured.I did not expect to be noticed or even read someday such I am discreet in the community .I am not a good author in English sadly and I can't have any patience for playing with poses etc with my old computer it's always complicated.

Miss V is the result of how I play the Sims and how I like to share my passion for the game with the community and a very silly idea I had got playing my game one day.You can thank my townies especially Mathieu lol for giving me the idea of this story.

I love how funny you describe the life of my simself (yeah she is really based on me) and I am glad you enjoy her simple life she has not a complicated life.I know a gameplay story based is not suit for everybody especially nothing is serious here , I am like a youtuber but I do with pictures instead of speaking with a microphone , recording what I have in my mind.
    Plus this story is an experiement all the time , I do all my best for keeping it as alive as possible and as coherent as possible.With this game we are often lost and even more when I speak English.Nothing is serious in any cases.Everything is written for fun.

I love your cat story I wanted to make one like this but I couldn't.I don't know cats how perfectly as you do.To take good pictures with pets you have to be patient and always play with pause.

Thank you for everything.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    It is great to see you here at the Sims forums, Simsophonique!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg