Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Story of the Month Club - UPDATE

SimGuruBChickSimGuruBChick Posts: 1,013 SimGuru (retired)
Hey Storytellers

Remember that Story of the Month Club poll we ran at the end of last year? Well, I have some news for you. Our first "winner", the fabulous @CathyTea‌, is now featured in a blog on TheSims.com on Wednesday, February 11. I do hope you will take some time to check it out here.

And, look out for a new Story of the Month Club poll which we will be launching in early March. Start thinking about what stories you would like to nominate.
SimGuruBChick
Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations
Thanks to 06bon06 for my lovely new signature pic

p8sfgs0mgkwd.jpg
Post edited by SimGuruBChick on

Comments

• miloguyausmiloguyaus Posts: 5 New Member
    thats a good story ( Madrona in the Middle – A fan story)
  • ChausserChausser Posts: 129 Member
    Cute!
  • Jooshh1Jooshh1 Posts: 38 Member
    edited February 2015
    That's really a great story! I like to record sims videos and to make sims series! It becomes really great! But it's really different from these stories. :)
    Whatever...that's really good!
    Post edited by Jooshh1 on
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member
    Thanks, @Joosh1 , @Chausser , and @miloguyaus ! I'm really glad you liked the story! That story is just a little appetizer for all the amazing writing that's going on here in the Simosphere! You can find hundreds of incredible stories--from comics, to shorts, to full-length serialized novels--here at the Sims 4 Stories and Legacies thread. Also, many of us have lists of stories we're reading on our blogs, so if you poke around our blogs, your readings lists will continually grow!

Also--and this is the coolest part to me--we're a really open, friendly, supportive creative community! We love to hear from and talk with SimLit readers and writers. So consider yourself at home!

We've got a big old crazy mashup event coming up all through March called S-GAS (SIMposium for Game-Aware-Sims) and you can find us talking about it here and on our blogs. Registration is now open, and we'd love to have Sims story lovers take part!

Cheers!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    Wow what a great writer! I truly loved the story that I want to read the whole one! Cheers to @CathyTea! You're Amazing!! Hugs
    QIhBg2C.png
    Ah! Thank you @KildareFaerlynn ! Your message brought me a huge smile! And drop on by the Writers' Lounge and Book Club sometime, if you'd like, to get to know some of the other writers here! We'll love to read your story and chat with you! :) (You can find links to them in my siggy.)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    Thank you so much dear @CathyTea! Sorry for taking a bit to answer was reading your story... Goofy Love... So sweet, sad and funny... <3 It!
    QIhBg2C.png
  • cully_ccully_c Posts: 655 Member
    Latest Sim-Illionaire update for your perusal!

To Be a Sim-Illionaire

Loving all the stories here. Can't keep up! :D
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    What happened to this thread? My story isn't here for some reason.

I'm happy to report Tribe Wahine: An Amazon Story, winner of the Spring Story Challenge of 2015 is still going strong with over 230,000 views! I couldn't have done it without the advertisement of EA, but am wondering why it's been cut from this thread. Hm...glitch?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Aw, I saw a post in this thread and got so excited!

I am wondering what ever happened to Story of the Month! :( I keep hoping it will come back, but it doesn't. I know some really wonderful stories (not just my own ;) ) weren't even around the first couple of rounds of this. I think it would be really awesome for it to come back! :blush:
    snvAF3B.png
    Aw, I saw a post in this thread and got so excited!

I am wondering what ever happened to Story of the Month! :( I keep hoping it will come back, but it doesn't. I know some really wonderful stories (not just my own ;) ) weren't even around the first couple of rounds of this. I think it would be really awesome for it to come back! :blush:

I know because Dust to Dust should win next! Ha! They abandoned it...not sure why. It really helped sim lit!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    edited May 2016

I'm happy to report Tribe Wahine: An Amazon Story, winner of the Spring Story Challenge of 2015 is still going strong with over 230,000 views! I couldn't have done it without the advertisement of EA, but am wondering why it's been cut from this thread. Hm...glitch?

I think that yours was on a separate thread, but it's no longer pinned, which is strange. It might have even said Spring Challenge in the title but I dunno :)

I would love for this to start up again. So many great stories on here!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    I know! And so many deserve the shout outs!!!

I think that yours was on a separate thread, but it's no longer pinned, which is strange. It might have even said Spring Challenge in the title but I dunno :)

I would love for this to start up again. So many great stories on here!

That would make sense!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited May 2016
    Oh man, my male Sim got pregnant after contacting aliens with the Sattellite Dish. He's a scientist (because they have great unlockable stuff) Then again, he did end up getting me the 3x abductions achievement all on his own. Oh man, Alan, quit heading towards the light already!

It would be kind of cool if the game didn't say things like "You can't do that when you're pregnant" after surprise alien abduction pregnancies. And the 'uncomfortable' shouldn't be a dummy, but maybe a question mark. That makes it more of a surprise.

I'm trapped between adding this alien hybrid baby to my household (brother and sister; what will the neighbours and Alan's two girlfriends say?!) and giving it away to just keep life easy... Maybe I can just keep it for a while and have the baby agency take it away.

Then again, I do need those family achievements and aspirations; this is as good a way as any to start on them...

Oh Alan, you sure are getting fat. I'm tempted to watch him have the alien-hybrid baby at work, just for the sheer joy of seeing what happens. I'm running out of skills to level up, Dine Out's coming, and it's time to just go nuts and find out all about babies.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Similla_Similla_ Posts: 37 Member
    oh wow, this got me hooked, please write more :) amazing work!
    tumblr_inline_ozdhvnXqXe1v8iihq_500.png
    It Just Makes Sense
  • abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    That's a n amazing story! LOVE THIS! <3
    That's a n amazing story! LOVE THIS! <3

Thanks, @abenaki1972 ! There are so many wonderful stories and writers here! I encourage you to stop by Writers' Lounge and get to know a few! :)

• For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    Congrats, Cathy! I'm happy for you. :blush:
    For_Eorzea wrote: »

Thank you! This was nearly three years ago! LOL! @pammiechick was the second story of the month... and then the whole thing sort of disappeared! I'd love for the SimGurus to resurrect it ( @SimGuruDrake ) because it was so fun and both times it happened, it drew so many new Simmers to writing. It was really fun!

Also... it provided good, free content for the Sims Blog! :)

I have over 320k views on my story and I used every pack. I know it helped people keep playing because they wanted to do the Amazon challenge too.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    I have over 320k views on my story and I used every pack. I know it helped people keep playing because they wanted to do the Amazon challenge too.

I remember reading about your Amazon Challenge from the Finnish side of the forums around that time! I'd just taken up Sims 4 back then and was very eager to go and take a look at the whole thing. Also, t'was one of the first longer stories I've read in English, and my first contact to the SimLit writer community! So, this is bringing back memories...
    CathyTea wrote: »
    For_Eorzea wrote: »

Thank you! This was nearly three years ago! LOL! @pammiechick was the second story of the month... and then the whole thing sort of disappeared! I'd love for the SimGurus to resurrect it ( @SimGuruDrake ) because it was so fun and both times it happened, it drew so many new Simmers to writing. It was really fun!

Also... it provided good, free content for the Sims Blog! :)

And yes, I am fairly late, but you still deserve the praise :smile:
  • V8CuckooFlowerV8CuckooFlower Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello, to you all. This is my tale for you all. Back in October of 2008 there was a little known mobile website that had my husband 🐸🐸🐸🐸 at me all the time. The reason why he was mad at me is because I became quite addicted to it. You see, instead of photographs, they had cartoon anime avatars. The whole point of socializing on that site was to earn the web currency to purchase different items to make your avatar unique as yourself. I was befriended by great people there. Teens through elders...

The sad part is that we all went our separate ways when the website was disbanded. I remember a few of their Usernames they use to use.

TinkerToy, HarleyHoney, Llltut, Bnasty, SharkAttack, Mimi, UberWarren, Shelby, Junside, MechaGorcha, DreamGod, LittleLady, GothBabe, PuckGoodfellow, Eaze, Footticklinglover

Are just a few of the names I remember to this day, I saved at least one of their style's on my Facebook page.

I miss the silliness of the postings we use to do just to get a emoji smile out of each other.

Since I have finially was able to buy a pc and The Sims 4 base game. I have been slowly making their Sims as close as I can to the contrast of their moba's avi.

At the moment I have been having a blast watching Lily Uber. One of my usernames was UberLily, I use to get bored of the names back then. but when I get a better handle at this game and the fuctions. I will be Posting MY MobaMingle Challange. Could You handle just a base game challange?
  • DrBanksDrBanks Posts: 8 New Member
    I love this story! :D