Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unisex CAS

14567810...Next

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    It's nice to see that so many people are positive to this! I don't expect everything to available to both genders, but a number of hairstyles and some clothing would be nice. And I can't imagine the devs would allow the random generated townies-scenarios some of you are worried about, I honestly think you can relax. This is about more options, which is always a good thing in a Sims-game.

^^ this right here.

I don't think they are going to open up all CAS assets to both genders. That would require remeshes of nearly all tops and bottoms (adult m/f sim bodys' have different shapes and sizes neither would be compatible) I could see them opening up hairs, as the heads themselves are pretty much the same size, same for some accessories.

I really don't think there's a whole lot of evidence to suggest any large scale changes, so I think the idea of randomly generated townies having assets (other than the one hair we have seen, and one necklace) a little premature.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Yeah, @ladybreid have you seen Nancy Landgrabb in game when she gets old in the same old outfit....it doesn't look proper. lol Way too much makeup already plastered on her face and the sexy top and skirt is just too much for her sagging body. Also, the game loves to put my heavy chicks in clothes I think shows way too much I don't want to see. I don't know maybe I'm a bigot and think if you ain't got it, don't flaunt it.
    I so wish we had a LOL button or I would be using it that is to hilarious. But I agree that isn't right.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Yeah, @ladybreid have you seen Nancy Landgrabb in game when she gets old in the same old outfit....it doesn't look proper. lol Way too much makeup already plastered on her face and the sexy top and skirt is just too much for her sagging body. Also, the game loves to put my heavy chicks in clothes I think shows way too much I don't want to see. I don't know maybe I'm a bigot and think if you ain't got it, don't flaunt it.

I think it's a real hoot. I've never liked Nancy. In TS3 I always broke up her marriage...left Holly with her Dad and moved Nancy to to the Mosquito Cove house dressed in short shorts with her blonde hair having black roots then give her the 100 baby challenge. I let her age that way.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member

I think it's a real hoot. I've never liked Nancy. In TS3 I always broke up her marriage...left Holly with her Dad and moved Nancy to to the Mosquito Cove house dressed in short shorts with her blonde hair having black roots then give her the 100 baby challenge. I let her age that way.

That is hilarious, I approve :D
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    @halimali1980, all I'm asking is no randomized townies wearing something that doesn't fit my idea of what story I am playing. That's all. More options are good, but a toggle is more helpful.

I think they wont add that to randomization
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Can't wait to have all the clothes and hair available for both genders :)
  • FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    I hope not @catloverplayer, forcing this on customers is a bad move.

That possibility worries me especially if we have no choice. For me it would ruin my game.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Hahaha I never actually played that family but my sims were famous in TS3 for breaking up marriages.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    @Cinebar Lol you're funny i like the way you think ! We are in the same boat though
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    There should be another UI In cas with the option to disable certain hair/clothes for randoms that are generated.
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    It's a big change right at the core of the game. It's just not the big change to the core I would have liked best. I'm indifferent to this. More choices are always good but I wasn't saying, "What this game needs to make it great is unisex options in CAS."
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, @TheMomminator, it almost seems like it's placating to some, and ignoring the other things this game needs badly right now, not five years from now. It sort of is disappointing that anything they do seems very small scale than big features, big ideas, big animations, indepth gameplay etc. I know I say it often but, small game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.