Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone remember my stories and are you interested in seeing them again?

DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
I've been going through my old files of those stories, especially Willburke Graylands, for a project I have. Anyway, with my newish computer and more recent version of Windows, I'm finding it really easy to open the 'webfiles' copy and paste the snapshot code into search and finding that pic and then just slotting it in, totally recreating those stories. So, since I have a blog now and can put whatever I want on there, I was wondering whether it would be worth totally doing them and posting them on there? Or is there not really all that much interest in Sims 2 stories out there?
There was also Lateral Legacy and Wonder Bay.
I remember you from university, I still have your story.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I can't remember if I read any of your stories or not, but I do enjoy reading stories. If you put up a link, I'll check them out. :)
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I can't remember if I read any of your stories or not, but I do enjoy reading stories. If you put up a link, I'll check them out. :)

These are Sims 2 stories I'm talking about.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Yes, you did mention they were ts2 stories. Many people still read & write them. If you provide a link then I likely will check them out too.
    the really funny thing, in my files I kept to do with them, I kept the links to the page where it was displayed on the old BBS exchange, and when I double click on that link/page file, it opens in explorer as that actual website page, with the storybook format and everything, including the ability to click the arrow on each page to go to the next page. Which is crazy because that whole site got closed years ago. It's like a cached page or something I dunno. But I thought it was cool. I thought it would take me to a page that says 'oops! can't find that page' or something, but no, the real deal eh.
    This is the first couple of episodes of Willburke Graylands (Sims 2). I might look into reprinting more, I might not.
    http://www.bobbiedivsworks.com/index.php/2016/06/13/willburke-graylands/
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    the really funny thing, in my files I kept to do with them, I kept the links to the page where it was displayed on the old BBS exchange, and when I double click on that link/page file, it opens in explorer as that actual website page, with the storybook format and everything, including the ability to click the arrow on each page to go to the next page. Which is crazy because that whole site got closed years ago. It's like a cached page or something I dunno. But I thought it was cool. I thought it would take me to a page that says 'oops! can't find that page' or something, but no, the real deal eh.

Whoa that's interesting!
    i loved the stories on the TS2 website. I wish they didn't close it down.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227