Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I would die if we got this for TS4

Comments

• SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited March 2016
    I would love to have chocolate making in the Sims 4. I made an idea thread ages ago about a confectionery skill, career, trait and gameplays. It's here if you'd like to add your own ideas to it, and request it for Sims 4: Chocolate Ideas
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    It is a free app. You can try it and see what you think. You don't have to throw money at it.
  • PallystylePallystyle Posts: 2,415 Member
    I hate how you have to finish a string of quests to even get to do the other stuff.
    My Sims 4 Creations= Click Here ;) Find me on origin at Pallystyle
    My Murkland Challenge Adventures: Click Here

• keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Could someone please clarify for those of us who don't know what Freeplay is outside of the commercials posted here? Thanks!
    I only had a go of it for a few hours and that was enough. It goes kinda like this:

Buy a bed
    Wallpaper your room
    Make your sim go to the toilet
    Plant x in your garden
    Wait real time minutes for x to grow, or pay real life money to get it grown straight away

It constantly told me what I had to do, I presume it's not like that all the way through or I don't know who on Earth would ever play it.

I think it's just like a tutorial to help get you started playing, but I didn't stick with it long enough to find out if the whole game is like it. I might actually give it another go, I think I got frustrated with it and gave up too quickly, I'm sure once you get going its not that bad of a game.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Sigh, although its ok, I prefer some real substance in my game now. I am sick of little things like the "fondue maker", movie, etc....I want a proper activity that my sims can do in groups or as a family.
  • SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Well who would play Freeplay if Sims 4 had all those cool things haha. I would join you in death because a lot of the freeplay content looks so fun, the outdoorsy pack looked amazing. Unfortunately, I would never play this game because of the real time grind.

Could someone please clarify for those of us who don't know what Freeplay is outside of the commercials posted here? Thanks!

Hey love, its basically the sims mobile version, but it takes FOREVERRRR to complete a basic task unless you pay money to unlock quicker time. Honestly, I never got more than a few minutes out of it because sometimes something basic can take hours or even days which is ridiculous. It's not the game for instant gratification unless you want to pay money, its not worth it at all. I deleted it off my ipad almost immediately.
  • XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    I really wanted to play Freeplay... but unfortunately these sims are butt ugly, i 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hate CAS in this game, it's horrendous, the art style is horrible aswell, i really wish they did something closer to TS4 or even TS2's artstyle.
    tenor.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I think it's just like a tutorial to help get you started playing, but I didn't stick with it long enough to find out if the whole game is like it. I might actually give it another go, I think I got frustrated with it and gave up too quickly, I'm sure once you get going its not that bad of a game.
    I keep thinking of giving it another go cos I have a tablet now so it's a bigger screen to play on than my phone. But I don't much like the sims themselves either. Weird looking and next to no choice in clothes, hair etc.

Of course, I would never spend real money on such a game. So I might give it a go and see if I can get further along, maybe it will be less annoying after a while :D It just seems like a cheap ripped-off version made by somebody else, not something EA would produce. But then I guess mobile games could never be up to the standard of a pc game.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    I just saw this trailer for an Easter update for FreePlay, and I would literally die if we got something like this for TS4. It has Easter Eggs hunts, cute little bunny outfits, and most importantly, a chocolatier skill!

Why can't we have amazing stuff like this? :bawling::heartbreak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqg2qr4v12A

Yeah...it looks cool in the trailer but "skills" or hobbies in Free Play never take you anywhere....it's just kind of there and sims will probably take an hour (real time) to make that. I would like the concept to be in TS4 though. Also sims can only have one of those you can't be a sorcerer and cook or make wood crafts etc, it's that stupid/bad.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
    OMG THE TODDLERS
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Creepy is what I call it.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Katlyn2525, @elanorbreton, @Trashmagic, and @Schantal - thank you very much. I have always been curious about Sims Freeplay, because the PVs posted here look really cool. I avoid mobile games for data streaming and pay-to-play microtransaction costs. But I was tempted after this video to give it a go, until 'grind' kept popping up in these posts! Thanks for explaining--will wait for TS4 to improve or TS5 to come along.
  • Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited March 2016
    If they brought some of the concepts forward into the sims 4 pc game, with way less of the task oriented quest play, they might have something there. You want to play the game on your own, your way.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I tried Free Play and couldn't get into it. The intro was fine at first, but I remember getting to a part where your goal was to plant some flowers or vegetables or something. It took a minute for that to complete, and I was just sitting there looking at my tablet, thinking, this isn't much fun. And it only got worse from there; once tasks that took hours came up, I just uninstalled it. I guess that it gets more fun eventually, because you can have more than one Sim, so if you have one Sim taking a 10 hour nap, you can have the other ones doing stuff, but I just didn't have enough interest in it to keep playing and get to that point.

I understand that it's cheaper to develop things like toddlers for a mobile game, but it is still disappointing to see new content added to Free Play when it would be so much fun for Sims 4.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    @Katlyn2525, @elanorbreton, @Trashmagic, and @Schantal - thank you very much. I have always been curious about Sims Freeplay, because the PVs posted here look really cool. I avoid mobile games for data streaming and pay-to-play microtransaction costs. But I was tempted after this video to give it a go, until 'grind' kept popping up in these posts! Thanks for explaining--will wait for TS4 to improve or TS5 to come along.

You should download it. Just keep the mind set that this isn't a game you'll sit down and play with for a few hours, more like open up the app, check and see if a sim is done with a task, then assign them a new task. There is a bit of grind, but it's worth it to me, at least with the TON of new interactions and items you get with completing each quest. For example, I'm doing a quest that unlocks swimming pools. The first thing you have to do is build the swimming center, which costs 100,000 simoleons, which is a lot but shouldn't take more than a few days for me to make that money. The quests do have a time limit for getting a special prize, for the pool quest you get 7 days and if you complete the quest within that limit you get a volleyball net for the pool (and yes, sims can use it to play volleyball, it's not just for decoration). But if you don't complete it writhing the 7 days you only lose the ability to get the special prize. For me, I'm not to worried about getting the special prize, so I'll take my time collecting the money to build the swimming center.

Oh, and I'm at level 17/55 and haven't spent any money yet, and never felt like I've had to. It makes completing a quest within the time limit extra rewarding since I didn't have to "cheat" and buy 50 LP for 4.99 (that's ridiculous, lol) to complete the quest in a faster time. Also, 1 LP can let you skip through a task that's an hour long instantly, 2 will get you through a 2 hour task, 3 will get you through 3 hours, and so on... Once you complete the cooking hobby (which is very easy, and something that you unlock very early in game) you get 5 LP Everytime you complete it. I have 4 sims working on the hobby and I can get 5 LP an hour (if I babysit them). I don't think that's considered cheating, but It definitely helps when I'm impatient on waiting for a task to be done. XD
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    Sims freeplay is plum .
    I hate it
    I takes so much gb and it takes so long to do something and its bugged.
    I would enjoy a chocolatier skill for TS4
    But Sims Freeplay has amazingly good support. They solved all the issues I reported to them for my game :)

TS4 is a game for impatient 13 yrs olds. The Sims Freeplay is a game for patient adults. So the two games mainly have different targets.
  • debraactsdebraacts Posts: 35 Member
    I've played both S3 and SFP and enjoy both for different reasons. I've been playing SFP since almost the beginning and am at Level 55 (the top so far). And yes, I have spent a little bit of money for get certain things, but you can actually play the game and spend no money if you prefer. I have to admit that SFP is great about adding new things to the game, and they have actually made babies and toddlers so great (babies can crawl around and play with the pets, play with toys and be carried around the town and toddlers have filled out to being able to play not only with each other but a large selection of toys).

The game started with just one playing area, but now has acquired a big island complete with a volcano, and a romantic island complete with a jogging area, place to cuddle in a hammock, or do yoga. They keep adding things, updating things, adding different hobbies. The things that it gives you to do are not absolutely necessary, but do help you gain points. But if you don't want to do them, you don't have to. There are quest that you can do to achieve more things (like allowing your Sims to age, opening things like a mall where you can get great clothes for your sims) but you don't have to if you don't want to. And yes, it is in real time, but if you have something that takes a long time, just make them do it while you are sleeping, or while you are at work. There are ways to make it work within your schedule.
  • azxcvbnm321azxcvbnm321 Posts: 532 Member
    Can you ignore all the quests and just go around doing whatever you feel like? Or is it not that much fun and quests are where the fun's at?
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Can you ignore all the quests and just go around doing whatever you feel like? Or is it not that much fun and quests are where the fun's at?
    You can if you want to. But I personally don't play that way.

In TS2, TS3 or TS4 I usually played for promotions at work and to make my sims more skilled in everything. In the Sims Freeplay I play much the same way except that I also have played to score experience points to level up because then I can have more sims in the town. When I reached level 55 this fun stopped because this is the top level. So experience points are now without any value. Therefore the game has become more boring and I need new challenges to keep me interested in the game.
  • NGCManNGCMan Posts: 442 Member
    Dat ending tho.
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I just saw this trailer for an Easter update for FreePlay, and I would literally die if we got something like this for TS4. It has Easter Eggs hunts, cute little bunny outfits, and most importantly, a chocolatier skill!

Why can't we have amazing stuff like this? :bawling::heartbreak:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqg2qr4v12A

Ohhh, if you would die, it's much better we don't get it for The sims 4. LOL
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru

Why can't we have amazing stuff like this? :bawling::heartbreak:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqg2qr4v12A

Please don't die... (just sayin') :P
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Please don't die... (just sayin') :P

LOL, ok SimGuruEmma, I'll try to keep myself together! :lol:
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    edited May 2016
    *thumbs up*... ^_^
    Post edited by SimGuruEmma on
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Well I have been playing free play for nearly 8 months now because the sims 4 is still very boring.

It as more life stages and pets

Better and more content for baby's, toddlers, preteens and teens.

I unblocked so much content for all life stages and pets and community and residential lots.

It puts the sims 4 life stages and lack of family play and content to shame lol!

It even as a proper map view from TS2/TS3

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon