Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• Options
    raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    @Vuneca and @MischiefTheKitten thank you, but I'm not creative enough to make a story to go along with my gameplay. Aww thanks @MischiefTheKitten I love cookies, but then again who doesn't hahaha :-)
  • Options
    MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @raemariek I'd be surprised if you didn't get inspired to try your hand at writing your own while reading the others! We've got some great writers here, it's inevitable ;) Of course, if you'd much rather just lurk and read in peace that's fine, too - either way, you may help yourself to cookies :)

@KaytayRoall I agree, it's amazing how many of our characters find themselves in other stories! I love seeing my sims pop up in other blogs <3 I think it shows that we're a very close-knit group ;)

@Everyone I'm thinking about my plans regarding my sims stories this week. For this entire year, I mean! While it doesn't involve my Going Solo's too much (besides making progress, of course) it does involve my rainbowcy and The 7 Fates of Night. I know some of you have read one or both, so I thought you might be interested to know that I'm hoping to wrap up both this year! Whispers still has a way to go but I've made such good progress recently that I'm feeling confident! :D Some might say over-confident, haha :P But I can definitely finish 7Fates (honestly, it should have finished ages ago) and who knows? Maybe there'll be something new once it's all done ;)

How is everyone? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
  • Options
    @MischiefTheKitten lol, I see how that could be possible! If I ever do I'll be sure to share:-) thank you once again for your generous cookies!
  • Options
    NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    @KaytayRoall No worries, I hope you're enjoying the stories you're currently reading.
    @raemariek Hi, it's nice to meet you, I'm Late Knight Simmer.
    @Vuneca *waves*
    @MischiefTheKitten Woo, you're close to wrapping up some stories? That's so exciting! Confidence is a good thing for sure. I'm doing all right, I got back from my out of state trip, and I'm just back to daily life. I worked more on my going solo while I was on my trip, and I got part of chapter 8 written, so I'm happy about that.

Late Knight Simmer
  • Options
    @NewToTheSims Well... I'm close on 7Fates, but that was never going to be long! I'm not sure if I'd call the end of Whispers close, but it's in sight. Sort of :P It's still exciting, though! How was your trip? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    Hello everyone. I hope you all had a good weekend and the week's been great for you so far.

I think I'm all caught up on everyone's stories so yay for that. :)

@KaytayRoall no rush on your chapters. We all have had breaks in between them because life, lack of motivation, other things that get our attention, etc. No matter we are always happy to see a new update in the group no matter how long it's been. :)

yes, some of us have used sims from other stories in our own. I'm hoping to use at least one sim from each active Soloer over the course of my story. It may not be a sim from their GS story, but it will be one of their creations. It's nice to use sims from friends and I like seeing my sims get lives outside of my bin. I have plenty that I make and then never use. LOL

@Piazzagirl1015 was the kick off of the bachelor(ette) challenges. It all started with Caleb who you'll meet as you read her story if you haven't already.

@NewToTheSims hope you had a good trip.

I've gotten 3 chapters written for Not Broken so I'm happy about that. I still can't just write to get the story out. I try to tell myself just edit later, but I don't function that way. :(

@raemariek hello and welcome!!!! So glad you stumbled upon our little group. Like the others have said, feel free to join in and start. Take it slow if you aren't sure how to do a 'story' I just started with basic narration from my character's POV. Nothing major, just a semi-creative way to disguise the retelling of game play. LOL As you read, you'll see we all approach it differently and we welcome all. :)

@MischiefTheKitten yay for having confidence with your progress. It's always sad to think of a story ending, but it's good too. That feeling of accomplishment is a great one. I am very interested to see how 7Fates ends. :)

So the end of the month is upon us. I'm trying to use all my writing time for Not Broken and my NaNo participation. I'm not even going to get remotely close to my goal, but I did something I hadn't in nearly a year which was work on my second book so I'm going to keep that focus until NaNo ends. After that I promise to pick back up with Matt. He is now (and has been for a while) officially my longest generation thanks to all of my procrastination. LOL He has a lot of story left, so I need to get on it and then move on to gen. 6. I can't believe he's still a pod in story. hahaha Talk about 'real time' growth for that kid. :)
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• Options
    Yay I'm finally a member!!!

@NewToTheSims it is a pleasure to meet you as well!

@jazen hello! Thank you for being so welcoming and for the insight on how to begin writing:-)
  • Options
    @MischiefTheKitten Ahh, I see, hehe. My trip was really fun. I went with two of my sisters, in law, technically, but I call them my sisters. My mom in law, whom I usually just call Mom, was planning on coming too, but she got sick with a cold, so she didn't come. I hadn't really gotten to know one of my sisters that well before, but we got a chance to know each other much better after this trip so it was very successful. We had a lot of fun and afterwards she said we should road trip more often, which I completely agreed with. LOL. The bridal shower we went to was also a good time, I won one of the quizzes about celebrity chefs, as well as the door prize, so I got really lucky that day. XD
    @jazen I did, haha, the trip was really fun, it went better than I expected, plus I won stuff at the bridal shower, it was a cooking themed one, so I got rubber spatulas and some paring knives. Ahh yeah, I always edit as I go along too, like, I'll write maybe two or three paragraphs, and then I read it over, editing as I go, and then maybe add some more paragraphs. Usually it will be when I feel like there should be a picture there, is when I go back and re-read what I've just written. I suppose it's different for a book since there are no pictures LOL.
    @raemariek Yay! Hurrah for becoming a member now! Wheee. LOL. Who's your Sim in your avatar? Is it a Simself or a favorite Sim of yours?

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    Thank you @NewToTheSims! It's an unintentional simself?? She married into my legacy family(she's a townie) and I changed her clothes, hair, ect, and realized she looked really similar to me. I then made sure to get a picture of her for any sim related profile pictures :-)

Any guesses to her identity????
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I've had a bit of time today to work on Starbound :) I think Joel's gen is officially over now, so I'll give Luc's gen some thought :) I know roughly where things are going to go but I want to see his fourth trait before I make any notes :)

Here ya go: 2.18

I'm always surprised that Starbound is only in the second generation, and I'm always equally surprised that In Another Life is already at the end of the third! Does anyone else get confused about where their stories are at?

I might have another update for you in a bit... It won't be a proper chapter, though, just a small update... Well, you'll see ;) I feel like this is a teaser more than anything, but I do think it counts as a chapter. A teaser chapter ;)

Interlude
    It's been a while since we've had something from Milan's POV!

@raemariek Nope, no idea! :O Which town is she from?

@jazen I feel you, I'm nowhere near my goal for NaNo and at this point it's not going to happen. I strongly doubt that I'll be able to whip up 36K words in the next two days :P But as you said, you managed to work on something you hadn't worked on for months! I'd call that good progress :)

~MischiefTheKitten
    Post edited by MischiefTheKitten on

• Options
    Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    edited April 2016
    I am back with a new Solo Challenge (and no my video is still going :D )

I am trying to do a story with my sims 4 and I am doing it as a Solo Challenge :D

England%20Solo_zpsvve9cght.jpg

England Solo Challenge

England Solo The Sims thread
  • Options
    @Nancy01905 This time I'll try to stay caught up from the beginning!!

• Options

LOL, cool I am hoping I will still work on this one and my video one as well
  • Options
    @MischiefTheKitten She is a townie that doesn't have a house.
  • Options

I just read yours solo challenge and I love how you are doing yours :smiley:
  • Options
    Nancy01905 wrote: »

Which one? Starbound or In Another Life? :)

• Options
    Nancy01905 wrote: »

Which one? Starbound or In Another Life? :)

In another Life
  • Options
    @raemariek Hmm... a guess... Morgana Wolff? LOL. I'm not sure, She's one of the ones I know who has dark colored hair, haha, otherwise the only others are the Goth family and I don't think she looks like them, but I could be way off. Apologies if I am haha. XD
    @MischiefTheKitten Kind of? I mean I know I don't work on my story as often as I used to or probably need to, LOL, but sometimes I do think, ahh man, I have so many plans for future generations, so I know I'm still at the beginning. I do find myself thinking, sheesh, if I'm going to get to any of those other future plans, then why am I so slow at keeping the current generation going? *shakes head at self* LOL.

LateKnightSimmer
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    @raemariek I love your avatar! I hardly play TS4 so I am clueless on who it could be..but now I kinda want to play to see if I can find her! Does she hang out in a particular neighborhood? or do the homeless sims wander equally?

@NewToTheSims HI! Sounds like you had a nice trip. I hardly ever get to see my brothers and sister in law. I wish I did, they're amusing people.

I am assuming that ridiculous bill was a result of cutting that super expensive stone...which I thought disappeared. Prob solved, right? no, it turned up in my immortal simbots inventory and I have another 13 mil bill!

This is def the longest I have continued with one family line and I think it's because I regularly move them into a new world every other gen. All my past legacies have failed (other than my Solos) because the world glitches too much from playing in it too long.

@Nancy01905 I have your new story pulled up, hopefully I can get to it today! :-D

@MischiefTheKitten I can't wait to get to know Luca more. I am hoping to get lots of chill time to day to aslo get back into your 7 fates and whispers.

Are you super excited or super nervous about your book coming out this month?

@jazen That's awesome that you've made progress on your book! I know you've had writers block for a long time. Even if you're not as far as you'd like to be at least you'er father along than you were, yay!

All-

RL has worn me out! right now I only have 1 day a week that isn't silly busy and it is making this introvert want to go full hermit mode! Things have been going really great though. I actually had to take a step back and NOT get a kitten because there's just no way. esp with the zoo we already had. I never imagined a time where I would have to say no to accepting a rescue :-(
    To try and help me fins balance in my temporarily overfilled schedule I am going to try and schedule sim time, I am eager to get back to my story and have been getting lots of inspiration! yay!
  • Options
    @Vuneca Me too, I've got big plans for his generation ^^ There'll finally be some answers!! Don't rush, catch up whenever you have time :) They won't go anywhere ^^ In fact, 7Fates hasn't gone anywhere in nearly a year! :P ... -.-

I'm both! :D The writing community has been wonderful, though, so I'm really excited ^^ I've booked the week off work so I'll be around various blogs that week :)

Good luck scheduling some you-time!! That's what I eventually did, so Friday is my official simming day ^^ If I hadn't set time aside for it, it wouldn't have happened :P And I figure any kind of writing is a good kind of writing, so I'm trying not to feel guilty for taking the day off :)

I know how you feel about the rescue :/ When we picked out our Sellybean there was another cat we really adored. She was beautiful and she knew it :P Our Sellybean drools a lot, so we figured that she had the smaller chance of being adopted :) She still drools a lot, but at least she drools on us, not on a rescue shelter cage :)

@NewToTheSims Maybe your first gen is going so slowly because you already have plans for future gens? Might you be more excited for those than you are for the current one?

@Nancy01905 Thank you! My two GSs are related, haha, but you probably wouldn't realise it if I didn't tell you ^^ Thanks for reading!

@raemariek Well, in that case I've got no chance of recognising her :P

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    petunia302007petunia302007 Posts: 75 Member
    Well after a long hiatus from this challenge, I am pleased to announce that I am starting a new Iron Woman! She is having her aspirations randomized, so It should be interesting to say the least.
  • Options
    @petunia302007 It's good to have you back ^^ Will you accept some Welcome Back brownies? :)
    Randomising her aspirations sounds interesting, and should definitely make it a challenge! Looking forward to it :)

~MischiefTheKitten

• Options
    petunia302007petunia302007 Posts: 75 Member
    @MischiefTheKitten I love brownies! It's good to be back. Once I get my story up and started, I will start reading through some of everyone else's stories...as long as you don't get me missing TS3! lol It would take a lot for me to want to go back to the lag, but after reading some of your stories last time I was here, I admit that I did turn the game on and start to play for a few minutes.
  • Options
    VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
  • Options
    @petunia302007 If it helps, one of my GSs is with TS4 ^^ I admit, though, I don't play TS4 as often as TS3. Most of my saves are there, and there are some things I miss in TS4. I'm sorry to hear your game is/was laggy. My TS3 saves have been fine lately so hopefully that'll last a little while longer :)

@Everyone Speaking of In Another Life... The last time I played, Gary aged up into a teenager and he, uh.. He looks good ^^

05-01-16_7-56-10nbspPM_zpsq29xkydj.png

I can finally see a resemblance to his Mum!! Emery's whole face shape was different (unless I'm remembering it wrong), so he's inherited some of his looks at least from Sophia :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top