Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wanna Party Like it's 2000? Come Join the Fun!

Comments

• Lola SwannLola Swann Posts: 68 Member
    Whoa - happy sweet sixteenth. I first played Sims 1 at a friend's house and loved it. Sims 2 was just coming out and I bought it and never looked back. What a great game! I skipped 3 and kept on with 2 until 4 came out. Would probably still be playing 2 if my loving husband hadn't "accidentally" thrown away the disk. But I'm still cheering for you, 4!
  • NightRevoltNightRevolt Posts: 43 Member
    Oh my, 15 years ! I rmeember like it was yesterday when i got my first copy of The Sims 2.... oh, the sweet memories.
    0mc8IBj.png
  • Minimagic782Minimagic782 Posts: 72 Member
    Happy 16th Birthday Sims

Cannot believe it's been so long, you have been my escape from real -life :smiley:
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wonder what they will do for the 17th anniversary of The Sims this coming February. I know that that's at least a another 10 months from now. But now I'm curious to see what they'll do for the next anniversary of The Sims next year.
  • MyaShalomMyaShalom Posts: 2 New Member
    Omi goodness! 15 years!!! Next year it will be driving!!! :wink: haha
  • RollTide156789RollTide156789 Posts: 34 Member
    The Sims is just amazing! I've been playing the series since the Sims 2 came out.
    The Sims is just amazing! I've been playing the series since the Sims 2 came out.
    I have been playing The Sims since the launch of the franchise back in Feb of 2000. B)

• dangelionslayerdangelionslayer Posts: 39 Member
    @Wilderwolf , I wish I keep my CDs savely. I play the sims since 2004, about 12 years,give away most of my cds to my nephews. And now the era digital, nobody keep the hardcopy.
  • gdsssnowmoon69gdsssnowmoon69 Posts: 73 Member
    I have been playing since the 2000... so long and I kept all my hard copies and instructions. Got some books from the first and second Sims.. ahh the memories.. :D
  • dangelionslayerdangelionslayer Posts: 39 Member
    @gdsssnowmoon69 , and now we are new member trying to get 50 points, lol
  • PracticallyasimPracticallyasim Posts: 40 Member
    I love the sims so much! Sadly tho I haven't played sims 1 or 2. I also haven't been able to find them to play them. I still love the sims and am a huge fan! Yay sims!! Happy late birthday!
  • joanbarfieldjoanbarfield Posts: 46 Member
    Happy Birthday! Thank you all for giving me hours and hours of enjoyment! :heart:
    @Wilderwolf , I wish I keep my CDs savely. I play the sims since 2004, about 12 years,give away most of my cds to my nephews. And now the era digital, nobody keep the hardcopy.
    I only keep the physical form of LP's, CD's, movies, and games just to be old fashion. But a computer has so much more storage capacity than any CD rack or bookshelf does or could ever have. So yeah, I can see why one would keep this stuff in digital format because it saves physical space.

• SpatzSpatz Posts: 41 Member
    I am looking forward to the next 15 (or now 16) years! :blush:
  • pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    edited April 2016
    @sunman502 i know what you mean, I kept the Sims 1, 2 & 3 Hard Discs until I started buying TS3 on Origin. I prefer the digital copies because they cannot be scratched or ruined-but did you know each game is only allotted to be downloaded so may times? I didn't know that, but I have the Sims 2 Double Deluxe (before Sims 2 Complete Collection was free) and it won't let me download it any more because it says it has already been used on 5 different computers.

Anywho, WOO. I've been playing the Sims since 2001, when I bought The Sims Deluxe Edition. And then pestered my family for every EP for my birthdays and Christmases lol.

maxresdefault.jpg
    @sunman502 i know what you mean, I kept the Sims 1, 2 & 3 Hard Discs until I started buying TS3 on Origin. I prefer the digital copies because they cannot be scratched or ruined-but did you know each game is only allotted to be downloaded so may times? I didn't know that, but I have the Sims 2 Double Deluxe (before Sims 2 Complete Collection was free) and it won't let me download it any more because it says it has already been used on 5 different computers.

Anywho, WOO. I've been playing the Sims since 2001, when I bought The Sims Deluxe Edition. And then pestered my family for every EP for my birthdays and Christmases lol.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Yeah, I know that one can only download something only so many times. Which is why disc formats have a big advantage over that because one can install from the disc as many times as they like. But digital means no scratched disc or discs with dirt on them. Your S2 Double Deluxe Edition, you should be able to play that on any computer if you have the game backed-up on an independent save source such as a flash card or an external hard drive. All you have to do is load the Double Deluxe Edition on to the other computer from it's backed-up file. EA has each game code set-up so that it can only be used once no matter if the game is in digital or physical format. And all computers are set-up to autorun all discs that are put into their disc trays. But one can get around all that with any Sims game by running the game from it's backed-up file. ;)

• p3dromoisesp3dromoises Posts: 113 Member
    happy birthday the sims, I hope The Sims 5 have a more realistic look.

The shade of it all.
  • NadiabeeeeNadiabeeee Posts: 91 Member
    late happy birthday to the sims, i really should throw a partyy :) all welcome hehe lol
  • Rebeccaliam1974Rebeccaliam1974 Posts: 162 Member
    Happy Birthday Sims Team! :D
    s170oi.jpg
  • trustingsilastrustingsilas Posts: 13 New Member
    :D woo party!!
  • DanielroxheapsDanielroxheaps Posts: 33 Member
    lol lets play The Sims 1 until it's 2001!!!!!!!!!!
  • AvidanAvidan Posts: 40 Member
    WOOOOHHHHOOOOOO PARTYYY!!

maxresdefault.jpg
    With the images of sims over the years featured above. I will say this, they have gotten better at making the sims appear much smoother with each new iteration of the game when it comes out. :)

• Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
    I wanna party like it's Sim City 2000.... hopefully there are plans for another version!
    "Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
  • kanivarakanivara Posts: 41 Member
    Oh man, has it really been around this long?? Awesome.