Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• ricachicaricachica Posts: 43 Member
    I decided to document my legacy, and it makes it more fun! I enjoy taking photos of the sims while something eventful is happening and looking at it afterwards. I'm already on generation 2, but I didn't want to start over. Hope someone enjoys it! I finally think I enjoy the whole concept and tracking points with a data sheet.

sassyredkitty.tumblr.com
  • jodles22jodles22 Posts: 39 Member
    I'm starting my first sims 4 stories. Been playing from the start, but hey ho!

I'm getting reused to writing (I did a few for the sims 3) so it will take a little while, but it will pick up :)

(freyfamilyblog.weebly.com/blog/lucas-moves-in)
  • LordDamegetteLordDamegette Posts: 20 New Member
    This is also my first time playing any kind of Sims challenge/legacies. If anyone is interested, please have a look at electronicjellyfish.tumblr.com C:.
  • chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    Hello, I'm excited and feel like I need to brag a little. I'm close to finishing my first Legacy Challenge ever, and my score is 99 points. Couldn't get to over 5 million sim founds :( but other than that, I've completed all the goals. It was super fun. Now I just need to have the last hair born and I think I'll use him to start another challenge.
  • AwesomeCupcakes7AwesomeCupcakes7 Posts: 6 New Member
    Awesome! @chocis
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Does anyone know if Xenoarchy and Strict Traditional are incompatible with one another? I know that a human + alien will equal an alien hybrid, so we've got that down. But will an alien hybrid + human--the founder's grand child--make a human, or another alien hybrid?

Can a hybrid even count as a different species? Would a hybrid of a hybrid--i.e., 1/4 alien, 3/4 human--be considered a separate species from the 50-50 hybrid?

It doesn't seem there are a lot of people who have done a Xeroarchy Legacy challenge...
  • TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    Been a long time since I popped in here. I've lost a couple legacies due to computer malfunctions (the Archer and Ganymede legacies, unfortunately, were derailed by an exploding hard drive). Never one to give up, though, I've started a new Exemplar legacy with the ultimate goal of having geeks take over the world. I figure since I haven't been able to achieve world domination myself, maybe I can have my Sims do it.

The Poindexter Legacy is here: simming.wordpress.com. Feel free to drop in.

It's just getting off the ground, but it's been a lot of fun so far. It's good to be blogging again.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Starting my first legacy challenge ever! Do you guys find its easier to work with male or females heirs?
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Does anyone know if Xenoarchy and Strict Traditional are incompatible with one another? I know that a human + alien will equal an alien hybrid, so we've got that down. But will an alien hybrid + human--the founder's grand child--make a human, or another alien hybrid?
    Can a hybrid even count as a different species? Would a hybrid of a hybrid--i.e., 1/4 alien, 3/4 human--be considered a separate species from the 50-50 hybrid?
    It doesn't seem there are a lot of people who have done a Xeroarchy Legacy challenge...
    I applaud you for taking on this type of challenge. Have you looked at @Pinstar1161 site for answers to your questions?
    Get to Work Challenge Rules Mega-Update might be helpful.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    raemariek wrote: »
    Starting my first legacy challenge ever! Do you guys find its easier to work with male or females heirs?
    Personally I have no preference of Female / Male heirs. Guess it just depends on how you like to play in general. :)

> @EuphorialQueen said:
    > raemariek wrote: »
    >
    > Starting my first legacy challenge ever! Do you guys find its easier to work with male or females heirs?
    >
    >
    >
    > Personally I have no preference of Female / Male heirs. Guess it just depends on how you like to play in general. :)

Thank you for your response! Since I didn't know which is best I decided to do Strict Equality.
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited March 2016

Good luck, hope you have lots of fun with them :) I enjoy having a mixture of male and female heirs - equality is the best of both worlds :) I do tend to having an easier time sticking to the legacy families with male founders for some reason though (no idea why!)
    [quote="ThePlumbob;14674766"][quote="raemariek;14672039"]Starting my first legacy challenge ever! Do you guys find its easier to work with male or females heirs?[/quote]

Good luck, hope you have lots of fun with them :) I enjoy having a mixture of male and female heirs - equality is the best of both worlds :) I do tend to having an easier time sticking to the legacy families with male founders for some reason though (no idea why!)[/quote]

Thank you! When you say 'sticking to' do you mean keeping your interest?
    @ThePlumbob how do I quote a comment like you quoted mine? Sorry I'm so new to this :blush:
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    ThePlumbob wrote: »

Good luck, hope you have lots of fun with them :) I enjoy having a mixture of male and female heirs - equality is the best of both worlds :) I do tend to having an easier time sticking to the legacy families with male founders for some reason though (no idea why!)

Thank you! When you say 'sticking to' do you mean keeping your interest?

Pretty much! I have yet to complete a legacy because I tend to lose interest around generation 4, but this time around I've gotten to generation 8 so I'm set on finishing this thing :)
    @ThePlumbob how do I quote a comment like you quoted mine? Sorry I'm so new to this :blush:

As a new member you don't have all of the functionality quite yet, you need to get 30 posts and 50 points to become a full member. You'll then be able to quote and tag people as well as post links and images :)
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You have to become a Member before you can use quotes. See the Member or New Member thread in Forum Ideas & Feedback for more information.
    @ThePlumbob and @Sketch793 Thank you for the information. I ended up reading the thread after I asked lol. I can understand its to stop trolling.

@ThePlumbob I see! I haven played this Intensely before, so for me I'm learning so much about sims because I'm playing on a way I never had before. But I must admit I'm only on the second generation
  • RosaleeMaeRosaleeMae Posts: 51 Member
    :smiley: Loved reading through all the comments going to try this challenge soon
  • UniSlothUniSloth Posts: 32 Member
    I've been doing this challenge. I'm enjoying it a lot!
    I want to post my legacy on a blog or maybe through the forums. Maybe when I'm not too busy! :)
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Oh! I forgot I posted in this thread when I began my first legacy challenge. Just wanted to say that I finally completed it in February! Woot! Pruett Family Legacy is in the books!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Well done, @Jes2G!
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Sketch793 wrote: »
    Well done, @Jes2G!

Thank you!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • iDannieSimmeriDannieSimmer Posts: 56 Member
    Hi when you post the pictures of your Legacy Challenge do you have to write a story or can you just describe what's going on and a short description.
    Danielle

Orgin ID: iDannieSimmer

My Threads: Drifter Challenge
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi when you post the pictures of your Legacy Challenge do you have to write a story or can you just describe what's going on and a short description.

when i was new to legacies i would describe what the picture showed. so either way works.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top