Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Impossible daily tasks?

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
I got a Task that asked me to build 2 dating relationships but the problem is I don't have access to Romantic socials/relationships so I can't complete it without using LP to skip it.

I was told that this isn't a bug but I swore that I never had that goal appear when I had the Romance Island update (I updated to the Easter Update). I know the daily tasks are randomized but I didn't recall getting a goal requiring 2 dating relationships before.

I also asked this issue on Answer HQ because I am probably concerned about getting tasks requiring features that are not yet available. I am currently still on Money Grows on Trees, the quest that has no time limit.

Has anyone gotten "impossible" daily tasks?
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    The worst task I have got in this game is to do something at midnight. This is almost impossible for me because I usually sleep at that time. So I have always used LPs to do such tasks.

Impossible tasks which require you to do something which you can't do yet (because you don't have the technology or have to do other quest first to unlock something) aren't unusual in similar games (like The Tribez and other games from Game Insight, LLC). So EA could probably do the same if the developers have seen it done in such games.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    The worst task I have got in this game is to do something at midnight. This is almost impossible for me because I usually sleep at that time. So I have always used LPs to do such tasks.

Anything requiring midnight can be considered impossible because people that tend to sleep before or at midnight will likely be sleeping. Also the between 9AM and 12PM tasks can be impossible for Simmers who go to school or work day/morning shifts that start before 9 AM since they won't have an opportunity to play the game. That can also be an issue if one happens to sleep past 9 AM and 12 PM.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    That's why I can't play this game. I tried. And love some aspects of it. But I am a SAHM of 4 kids, I just don't have the time to devote to completing quests on time to get the free rewards. And I'm not gonna spend money on LP.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    I think I found another impossible task, I got a goal telling to to Send a Sim to work with low Hygiene. Since I always try to get my Sims inspired which requires having high or full needs, there's no way I can do the goal.

The problem with the Send a Sim to work with low Hygiene task is most players usually tend to keep their Sims' needs high so it's likely most players won't be able to do the goal. If you get this task, your only option is to skip it.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited April 2016
    @WinMacSims3 There are ways to quickly decrease a sim's hygiene:
    1. Kick over trash cans and then clean them up.
    2. Swim in private pools without cleaning them first.
  • debraactsdebraacts Posts: 35 Member
    Another quick way is while an adult sim is standing around doing nothing, shake your phone to make the Sim throw up. Clean it up and repeat (usually a total of about 4 times) and then your Sim's Hygiene is LOW. Works for me every time.
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    @debraacts Gross, but... strangely effective!
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis