Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone's sim ever outlived their children?

Or has the parent been elder when the kid turns elder aswell?

I had a bodybuilder sim and it's only 13 days til her kid turns elder aswell. I cannot wait til the sim dies!!!
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    This happens frequently in the 100 baby challenge. The mom is constantly pregnant and so not aging, and she outlives many of her children.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    is the aging turned off or is she drinking youth potion. Or is the life time long?
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Only one I played that ever got the trait died the day 2 of his kids became elders
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Only one I played that ever got the trait died the day 2 of his kids became elders

oh wow. Thanks for the reply. It doesn't make me happy though :D
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    is the aging turned off or is she drinking youth potion. Or is the life time long?

It's because pregnant sims don't age and as she's having so many babies she hardly ages!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I always have aging off, so nope. I'd rather they age when I tell them to. It goes by too quick otherwise.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

It's because pregnant sims don't age and as she's having so many babies she hardly ages!
    Oh I didn't know that.
    I always have aging off, so nope. I'd rather they age when I tell them to. It goes by too quick otherwise.
    I wanna turn the aging off to enjoy the current generation but the mum won't die so I can't turn it off til she's still alive.
  • RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    Or has the parent been elder when the kid turns elder aswell?

I had a bodybuilder sim and it's only 13 days til her kid turns elder aswell. I cannot wait til the sim dies!!!

I haven't played the Goths in my current save but I noticed both Cassandra and Bella were both elders at one point, saw them out in the neighborhoods. I hadn't touched the Goths at all but Bella lived a super long time, way outlived Mortimer (stopped seeing him around ages ago). I saw her and Cass out as elders a few times, then stopped seeing her around so checked in and she had died, but Alex was an elder too (or he had become one very soon after Bella died).

In my save on of my adult Sims young adult sons recently died in a fire. That was the first time I've had a child die before their parent I think.
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • MinnieMouseMinnieMouse Posts: 262 Member
    I had a sim who completed the Bodybuilder Aspiration and he actually outlived his grandkids... I seriously thought he was never going to die. But it's possible that was a bug, since I haven't seen the issue since.
    I had a sim who completed the Bodybuilder Aspiration and he actually outlived his grandkids... I seriously thought he was never going to die. But it's possible that was a bug, since I haven't seen the issue since.
    omg no!

• Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    My angel (avatar) Aziraphale is forever young adult. Both his children, his wife and grandchildren have grown older than him along the way, and a lot of wives have died. I have had him since the early Sims 1 days, and he is still going strong: LOL.
  • meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    I have an elder with the long lived trait as well and she's still kicking haha. Her daughter is an adult now and her grand child will be a teen soon. I'm not that mad about it though because she brings in a lot of cash from being at the top of her career.

I once played a scientist sim and made the youth serum for her multiple times, a few generations had to put up with her until a cowplant killed her :lol:
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i only play with aging off and death fully turn off as i do not let any of my sims age or die
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I've played a few Sims that have the Active trait and they live much longer than usual. I usually intervene if they don't die a week or two after their expiration date.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
    I've never played a household long enough to see that happen. But I also keep aging turned off until I feel like letting them naturally age up.
    mj4do4.gif
    meepweep wrote: »
    I have an elder with the long lived trait as well and she's still kicking haha. Her daughter is an adult now and her grand child will be a teen soon. I'm not that mad about it though because she brings in a lot of cash from being at the top of her career.
    I don't want my sims to work cause I've got too much money. And with said sim, she's on top of her career, fulfilled her aspiration. I don't want her to quit cause then I have her at home all the time and I don't want to see her all the time. Plus she wouldn't have anything to do at home since she fulfilled her aspiration. I don't want her to get a new job or aspiration cause then I won't have fun with new generations (when I have played the jobs and apirations before)

• CarryOnMyWaywardSonsCarryOnMyWaywardSons Posts: 393 Member
    omg no!

A bodybuilder Sim is super healthy, so I guess that could be why.
    mj4do4.gif
    I've played a few Sims that have the Active trait and they live much longer than usual. I usually intervene if they don't die a week or two after their expiration date.

I'd love to but I'm playing legacy and don't think it's allowed.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,844 Member
    i only play with aging off and death fully turn off as i do not let any of my sims age or die

Same here for aging off and no death. Except I do manually age my Sims. At some point my household will all be adults. Mother, daughter, and granddaughter. Currently the mom is an adult, her daughter is a young adult, and the granddaughter is a child. Soon to be aged up to teen.
  • monkeypants1monkeypants1 Posts: 320 Member
    Yeah I've had bodybuilder sims with the long lived trait and she almost outlived her grandchildren, lol. I even tried to get her to die from woohoo or exertion, but could never quite manage it. So I gave in, built a nursing home lot and put her in there, occasionally rotating to play with her and the other old codgers that I'd stuck in there. It was actually pretty fun.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    In one of my first games (just after launch) I had a sim eventually die when her grandchildren were closing in on adult. Her kids died a few sim's days previously. I blame it on her six pregnancies and getting to the top of the bodybuilder career (I have a pic somewhere of her heavily pregnant with a six pack, looked bizarre). I thought she'd never die!
    Yesss!!! My old sim died! :)
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Yay! **~Confetti~**
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Yay! **~Confetti~**

thank you lol
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    The 3 families I'm playing now will probably outlive their kids...I get so attached. I play long lifespan and they all have life potions. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top