March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Question about The Sims Complete Collection

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
Hello, For me, I've started from the TS3, so I don't have many information about the Sims. Last year, my son fell in love with the Sims. I ordered the Sims double deluxe from Amazon for his birthday present. It didn't work on his windows 8.1 OS. Last week, he found the sims complete collection but it doesn't seem to include the sims base game in it. Should he still re install the Sims double deluxe or is there a base game in the complete collection? Will this work in windows 8.1 or will it work in windows 10? I searched everywhere but couldn't get the answer.

Comments

• ShanShan Posts: 126 Member
    Hey!
    I have The Sims Complete Collection and it should include The Sims & all of its expansions. Both complete collection game packages that I know of should have 'includes the original version of the sims' written on top - would it be possible for you to link a picture of the game package?
    About Win 8.1 & 10, sadly I really don't know - I've only played the sims on vista sp 2. Some older games have issues running on the new systems. I believe it is possible to set the game to run in compatibility mode (if you manage to install it) on the older operating systems. You could give that a shot, it seems to have worked for some.
    In Win 10 you can do this by right clicking the shortcut image, choosing properties, compability and from there 'run in compatibility mode'. Some words might be a bit different seeing as my system is not in english.
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited April 2016
    Shan wrote: »
    Hey!
    I have The Sims Complete Collection and it should include The Sims & all of its expansions. Both complete collection game packages that I know of should have 'includes the original version of the sims' written on top - would it be possible for you to link a picture of the game package?
    About Win 8.1 & 10, sadly I really don't know - I've only played the sims on vista sp 2. Some older games have issues running on the new systems. I believe it is possible to set the game to run in compatibility mode (if you manage to install it) on the older operating systems. You could give that a shot, it seems to have worked for some.
    In Win 10 you can do this by right clicking the shortcut image, choosing properties, compability and from there 'run in compatibility mode'. Some words might be a bit different seeing as my system is not in english.

Thanks for the excellent tip Shan. Then the double deluxe might work if I change the setting to compatibility mode. I will try this way. Thanks a million! :D His OS version is based on English. I got the Complete collection this morning by post. My son will be excited if it works. :D
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Windows 10 is unable to play The Sims due to SafeDisc (this doesn't affect The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories). Also a Microsoft update can prevent The Sims from running on Windows Vista through 8.1.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    edited April 2016
    Windows 10 is unable to play The Sims due to SafeDisc (this doesn't affect The Sims 2 or The Sims Stories). Also a Microsoft update can prevent The Sims from running on Windows Vista through 8.1.

I installed all sims but it still doesn't work. I get the pop up message,"Please login to administrator privileges and try again." And also it seems I got the wrong collection as there were totally 9 discs inside. Is it normal for the complete collection? There were not the sims base game and Livin' Large (Livin' It Up for UK) in it.

-Delivery Information-

The Sims: Complete Collection (PC CD)
    Sold by sellatronic
    £67.86
    Item Subtotal: £67.86
    Postage & Packing: £12.95
    Total: £80.81

EUR 105,50* includes delivery fees.

It's easy to return an item. Visit our Online Returns Centre.
    If you need further assistance with your order, please contact sellatronic.

We hope to see you again soon.
    Amazon.co.uk

I got this by email from amazon.co.uk

I ordered one at this link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0013GTUH4/ref=pe_385721_128503561_TE_3p_dp_1
    But the one I got is called," The Complete Collection of the Sims Expansion Packs."
    Here's the image I got: http://cfile8.uf.tistory.com/image/2322C74E571FC571176A29

Looks like they delivered the wrong version to me. Is there any good way to get the right version back?
    If it's not possible, then they need to give my money back. It's not cheap at all. :(
    edited April 2016
    Jeansoo wrote: »

I installed all sims but it still doesn't work. I get the pop up message,"Please login to administrator privileges and try again." And also it seems I got the wrong collection as there were totally 9 discs inside. Is it normal for the complete collection? There were not the sims base game and Livin' Large (Livin' It Up for UK) in it.

-Delivery Information-

Sold by sellatronic
    £67.86

Amazon.co.uk

I ordered one at this link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0013GTUH4/ref=pe_385721_128503561_TE_3p_dp_1
    But the one I got is called," The Complete Collection of the Sims Expansion Packs."
    Here's the image I got: http://cfile8.uf.tistory.com/image/2322C74E571FC571176A29

Looks like they delivered the wrong version to me. Is there any good way to get the right version back?
    If it's not possible, then they need to give my money back. It's not cheap at all. :(

The Sims Complete Collection usually has 4 discs but The complete collection of The Sims Expansion Packs has 9. If you have 9 discs then you aren't missing any discs.

I'm guessing it's an early compilation known as The complete collection of The Sims which includes The Sims Triple Deluxe and the remaining 6 Expansion Packs on 9 discs. EA released a newer version of the compilation known as The Sims Complete Collection including only 4 discs which was released in both the United States, Canada, and Europe. The older compilation was only released in Europe as I could only find the compilation in eBay UK.

The complete collection of The Sims differs from The Sims Complete Collection as it has The Sims Triple Deluxe and every RP on nine discs whereas The Sims Complete Collection has four discs containing The Sims plus all 7 EPs. It also has the EA Games logo unlike The Sims Complete Collection which both the EU and US/Canada releases only have the EA logo although some have the green EA logo which was used until The Sims 3 Fast Lane.

The copy you got is an older version of the compilation. You should have The Sims Triple Deluxe with your copy as seen on the image. The Sims Triple Deluxe includes The Sims and The Sims Livin' It Up. Click Show to display the image.
    $_57.JPG
    If you do have the base game (The Sims, The Sims Deluxe Edition, or The Sims Double Deluxe) installed, I suppose you could still install each EP using the discs in the compilation since it includes the original EP discs.

The access denied error is caused by SafeDisc not being supported in Windows 10 or being disabled by KB3086255 (Vista through 8.1). If you have Windows 10, you probably will have to find a way to bypass the CD requirement. If you aren't running Windows 10, you can follow these steps to re-enable SafeDisc.

For Windows 8.1 or earlier versions
    Use Windows Key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin) or type cmd or Command Prompt, right-click and click Run as Administrator. Type the following commands:

To set the driver's service to manual, type:
    sc config secdrv start= demand

To enable the driver's service (and to set it to automatic), type:
    sc config secdrv start=auto

To manually start the driver's service, type the following command:
    sc start secdrv

To manually stop the driver's service, type the following command:
    sc stop secdrv

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @WinMacSims3

does the 4 discs The Sims Complete Collection run under win10 or does it have the same problems as the older versions ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
    @Rukola_Schaaf The Sims Complete Collection also doesn't work on Windows 10 as it also has SafeDisc. Unlike SimCity 4, there's no download version so having a download release is out of the question. Currently, the only way to get The Sims to work on Windows 10 is to bypass the CD requirement which means finding a modified Sims.exe file. I think there was a thread on The Sims Discussion that mentioned about a modified Sims.exe file.
    Jeansoo wrote: »

-Delivery Information-

Sold by sellatronic
    £67.86

Amazon.co.uk

The Sims Complete Collection usually has 4 discs but The complete collection of The Sims Expansion Packs has 9. If you have 9 discs then you aren't missing any discs.

I'm guessing it's an early compilation known as The complete collection of The Sims which includes The Sims Triple Deluxe and the remaining 6 Expansion Packs on 9 discs. EA released a newer version of the compilation known as The Sims Complete Collection including only 4 discs which was released in both the United States, Canada, and Europe. The older compilation was only released in Europe as I could only find the compilation in eBay UK.

The complete collection of The Sims differs from The Sims Complete Collection as it has The Sims Triple Deluxe and every RP on nine discs whereas The Sims Complete Collection has four discs containing The Sims plus all 7 EPs. It also has the EA Games logo unlike The Sims Complete Collection which both the EU and US/Canada releases only have the EA logo although some have the green EA logo which was used until The Sims 3 Fast Lane.

The copy you got is an older version of the compilation. You should have The Sims Triple Deluxe with your copy as seen on the image. The Sims Triple Deluxe includes The Sims and The Sims Livin' It Up. Click Show to display the image.
    $_57.JPG
    If you do have the base game (The Sims, The Sims Deluxe Edition, or The Sims Double Deluxe) installed, I suppose you could still install each EP using the discs in the compilation since it includes the original EP discs.

The access denied error is caused by SafeDisc not being supported in Windows 10 or being disabled by KB3086255 (Vista through 8.1). If you have Windows 10, you probably will have to find a way to bypass the CD requirement. If you aren't running Windows 10, you can follow these steps to re-enable SafeDisc.

For Windows 8.1 or earlier versions
    Use Windows Key + X and click on Command Prompt (Admin) or type cmd or Command Prompt, right-click and click Run as Administrator. Type the following commands:

To set the driver's service to manual, type:
    sc config secdrv start= demand

To enable the driver's service (and to set it to automatic), type:
    sc config secdrv start=auto

To manually start the driver's service, type the following command:
    sc start secdrv

To manually stop the driver's service, type the following command:
    sc stop secdrv

Thank you for the great tip. I can try this on Friday. :D
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited April 2016
    @Jeansoo

I am just chiming in here as I just purchased The complete collection of the sims from a highly rated ebayer who wasn't even sure if the discs or the codes had ever been used and it installed perfectly on a windows 7 64 bit system.

My collection arrived in the same box as the pic you posted

Now inside that initial box is the following:

The complete collection of the sims triple deluxe when this is opened there are 3 discs inside, the sims super deluxe discs 1&2 the the sims triple deluxe disc which says bonus content on it.

BqhLJPT.jpg

the second bigger box has 9 discs in total

House party ( 1 disc)

Hot date ( 1 disc)

On Holiday ( 1 disc)

Unleashed ( 2 discs)

Superstar ( 2discs)

Making Magic ( 2discs)

YP5aG8z.jpg

Also enclosed was a manual with 7 codes on the back cover for the sims triple deluxe, the sims house party, the sims on holiday, the sims hot date, the sims unleashed, the sims superstar, the sims makin magic

A5rvezC.jpg

If not got the triple deluxe version then it would be the sims base game plus the livin it up expansion pack bought separately and added to the above list of discs..

Just so you can compare to what you have purchased..