Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hmmm... Seems I'm having an issue when loading...

SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
I don't know why, but ever since I installed the University Expansion Pack, whenever I load the game up, when I go to the house, people who were at work and/or school when I saved the game, are suddenly home when they should be at work or school, and one of them even got a popup saying they've just used a vacation day for failing to go to work and for failing to call in sick. I used the patches, so I don't understand why this is happening.

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi :)

This happens when the lot is reset. It happens when an expansion is added, a Stuff pack is added, when patches are added, or when core mods are added/removed. -mostly removed, I think.

*Every lot you have since adding the expansion and update will reset the Sim lot. iirc
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

This happens when the lot is reset. It happens when an expansion is added, a Stuff pack is added, when patches are added, or when core mods are added/removed.

So, how do I fix it so it stops happening?
    Also, as I asked in another thread, how do I get the changeLotZoning to work and stop telling me when I'm already in a neighborhood, that I have to be in a neighborhood?!

This happens when the lot is reset. It happens when an expansion is added, a Stuff pack is added, when patches are added, or when core mods are added/removed.

It should only happen once per lot~ once for the Expansion, once again for the update... if they weren't added together.
    Also, as I asked in another thread, how do I get the changeLotZoning to work and stop telling me when I'm already in a neighborhood, that I have to be in a neighborhood?!

How are you using it and what are you trying to make?

It should only happen once per lot~ once for the Expansion, once again for the update... if they weren't added together.

It happens every time I load the game.

I was trying to use it to change a community lot to ANYTHING else to try and change the address. But when I clicked on the lot (but did NOT enter it), and tried to use the cheat, it would yell at me that I have to be in a neighborhood. Then it would yell at me if I wasn't clicking on anything but trying to type in the cheat. It just keeps yelling at me and giving me an ERROR message. So, how am I SUPPOSED to be using it?
    It yelled at you? Error Messages? Changing the address... that's not the same as changing the lot type. I think at the beginning of the series it's only possible to change the lot address when placing the lot. If I were you I'd save the lot to file (option when clicking on the lot in neighborhood view) then use the Move Lots control on the panel to place the community lot in the bin. After it's in the bin replacing it will give you the option to give it a new address.

You have to be in the lot, save after putting in the code, and then exit to the neighborhood.

What type of lot are you trying to make it.If I remember correctly, there are only Uni lot types to change and you have to be in the Uni neighborhood for them to work right. Don't try to change a community lot to a residential unless you have the a CC Mailbox, they don't regenerate like they should.

It yelled at you? Error Messages? Changing the address... that's not the same as changing the lot type. I think at the beginning of the series it's only possible to change the lot address when placing the lot. If I were you I'd save the lot to file (option when clicking on the lot in neighborhood view) then use the Move Lots control on the panel to place the community lot in the bin. After it's in the bin replacing it will give you the option to give it a new address.

You have to be in the lot, save after putting in the code, and then exit to the neighborhood.

What type of lot are you trying to make it.If I remember correctly, there are only Uni lot types to change and you have to be in the Uni neighborhood for them to work right. Don't try to change a community lot to a residential unless you have the a CC Mailbox, they don't regenerate like they should.

All I wanted to do was to change the address. I did eventually figure out that if I put the lot in the bin, and replaced it back where I wanted it, I could change the address. I don't know what a CC Mailbox is. I didn't really want to change the Community lot to another type, I just wanted to change the address, and yeah, like I said, I did eventually figure it out. I have no intention of changing the lots from one type to another except in University when I plan to build a custom dorm in a custom University, but I am not ready for that yet, as I haven't played the regular Universities yet. And with only one teen from one family to send off to college, it doesn't make sense for me to build my own yet, anyway, lol.

But thank you for the info on how exactly to correctly change the lot type from one to another so it stops yelling at me.
    I was answering your question on how to change lot types because I didn't know if you knew the difference between an address and a lot type. You asked for help with the lot type change and then said address. It can be so confusing when trying to help. :)
    I was answering your question on how to change lot types because I didn't know if you knew the difference between an address and a lot type. You asked for help with the lot type change and then said address. It can be so confusing when trying to help. :)

No problem. I actually did need help with both, and your response on exactly how to change the lot type, and where to go in the neighborhood (whether to do it from the neighborhood screen or go into a lot) really does help me, so again, thank you! Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you!