Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a question for simguru drake

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    @SimGuruDrake Your job is more than appreciated even if we don't know all that is required for it. Do you get to work with SimGuruBChick a bit with the marketing area? She's was a cool person to chit chat with too. We do appreciate you coming on forums. Honestly I can't think of one bad thing to say about you. I think you are great and it's been awesome having you be apart of the Maxis and Sims community.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    edited April 2016
    @SimGuruDrake keep doing what you do, people will say anything without knowing what is really going on....To be honest i love the Sims 4, just because we don't have toddlers don't mess my day up, it would be nice if we did but we don't, I can complain about television, the grocery store, fast food restaurants and many things in life, in the end it's gone be what's it's gone be...we have a choice...i chose to enjoy the Sims 4, regardless of what they do versus what they don't do...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Thank the Watcher! I was thinking if all you did was sit and read all the plum in these forums, then either you are punishing yourself or your bosses are. Thanks for the explanation and good work. P.S. Are they the ones looking into retail or is that another department?
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    Lol to put what the "guru" just said in layman's terms, I have a scenario. If I go outside right now and start a lemonade stand, I can put on my resume that I was an entrepreneur, and engaged "customers" to find their likes and dislikes and inquire on what flavors they'd like to see... then I'd go inside and send an email to the person who actually has a say and does that job.

In other words you can say whatever titles you want but at the end of the day, it's a lemonade stand no matter how you dress it up with "communication" and "marketing". You work on a Web forum in customer service, not tech support, not game development, customer service. The end.

Lol this turn of events was my laugh for the day.

Well aren't you just such an expert of what Drake does. Seriously stop.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I want a garbage disposal!
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Laundry makes more sense that ever now that Sims get visably dirty. Make it so.
  • Options
    SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Thank the Watcher! I was thinking if all you did was sit and read all the plum in these forums, then either you are punishing yourself or your bosses are. Thanks for the explanation and good work. P.S. Are they the ones looking into retail or is that another department?

haha, There are so many threads in the forums that I technically could sit and read them all day but it definitely wouldn't be good for my health (gotta get up and move around...eat...play video games...maybe read a book?) and I'd probably get in trouble for not doing everything else that I'm tasked with >.<

Also regarding the retail question; if you mean @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick then no. It's actually a different part of the development team (I believe @SimGuruMegs is part of the ones looking into that but I could be wrong.)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
  • Options
    SimGuruMegsSimGuruMegs Posts: 242 SimGuru

haha, There are so many threads in the forums that I technically could sit and read them all day but it definitely wouldn't be good for my health (gotta get up and move around...eat...play video games...maybe read a book?) and I'd probably get in trouble for not doing everything else that I'm tasked with >.<

Also regarding the retail question; if you mean @SimGuruArvin and @SimGuruNick then no. It's actually a different part of the development team (I believe @SimGuruMegs is part of the ones looking into that but I could be wrong.)

Yup, I'm on the team that looking into improving the retail code!

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruMegs Do you think it would be possible to get a list?.....doesn't have to be comprehensive.....but to which guru we should address things to here. As in we know Graham works on packs. Who would be the best to call on for putting forward a content idea, asking about a bug fix or any other general question.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member

Yup, I'm on the team that looking into improving the retail code!

For what's it's worth to ask, can you expand on what 'improving the retail code' means?