Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bad Butler

taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
My sim hired a butler and tried to make friends with him. The guy is just plain mean. My sim is at -1 in the relationship. Now the butler keeps feeding my infant 2 or 3 bottles in a row. Just stands around with dirty dishes, bottles and diapers everywhere. I dismissed him, but how do I fire him? Lol, this is just too much. Taking out on the baby.

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    How did you hire him? Was it using the phone? If so, call the butler on the phone and fire him that way. I had to do that with a really mean nanny who, when taking care of my toddler, and she asked the nanny for attention, the nanny would pat the little girl on the head, and then immediately poke her in the eye! She did this a few times, and I finally had enough and after she left, I called her up on the phone and fired her. Then I called back to rehire her, and when she showed up the next day, she was a better nanny and had a much better relationship with the toddler.
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    @SataiDelennn Oh my your nanny sounds awful. lol I know they'er just sim babies, but I get mad when another sim is doing something mean to them. I waited for the butler to return and the option to end services was available. I'll be sticking to maids and gardeners from now on. Thanks for the reply.
    You're very welcome, and I agree with you. But unfortunately, in the base game, nannies are quite often incompetent (I had a nanny actually set her rear end on fire! She had to be extinguished by the fireman, lol) and sometimes are mean. When they're just incompetent, I put up with them, because it's either that, or I have to either have my sims call in sick and risk being fired, or quit their job, and I don't want to have to do that, so I employ the nannies.

This last family I created and am currently working with actually got the first competent nanny I'd ever seen. I was sorry when the toddler grew up to be a child and the nanny wasn't needed anymore (except once when there was an overlap between the parents and they'd both be gone for one hour without supervision for the child. And now that she's a teen, she helps out with her little sister, and the parents work opposite shifts, so there is always someone available to look after the toddler.

Anyway, I would suggest trying to rehire the butler and see if he improves. The worst that can happen is that he doesn't and you just have to fire him again. Then you look after the kids yourself.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @taffy550
    When you have a baby or a toddler in the house, in my opinion it's best to avoid hiring a butler during that time.
    Butlers tend to interfere with too many bottles, holding them or interrupting when a parent is trying to teach the child to talk, walk etc.
    I try to work around taking care of the child with parents days off/ holidays due or the maternity leave days.
    @taffy550
    When you have a baby or a toddler in the house, in my opinion it's best to avoid hiring a butler during that time.
    Butlers tend to interfere with too many bottles, holding them or interrupting when a parent is trying to teach the child to talk, walk etc.
    I try to work around taking care of the child with parents days off/ holidays due or the maternity leave days.

Oh, interesting. I thought the butler was like the nanny. Taking care of the kids, but not necessarily interfering when the parents are doing something with the kids. Sorry; I guess I gave bad advice based off my experiences with the nannies. I don't have apartment life, so I have no experience with the butler.
    Okay, so I re hired the butler. Same one came over. My adult sims had just left for work. Everything was fine, toddler was playing the xylophone. The butler went and picked up the toddler, took him outside and put him on the ground. He started trimming the shrubs and raking leaves. My toddler sat outside the entire day, until his mom came home from work. Poor kid was dirty, hungry and extremely tired. No, more butlers and babies. :D
    Oh, geeze, I'm sorry!
    @taffy550
    I appreciate you have had a bit of a bad experience but it can be more convenient to have a butler who can do all jobs around the house; it is just the baby-sitting function that seems to let him down!
    I love playing Sims 2. This game is hilarious. I can't believe how anxious I was about my sim baby. I though for sure the Social Worker was going to show up. lol I'm going to hire a nanny and see how that goes. Hopefully no eye gouging occurs. You guys are correct, butlers are not meant to babysit. I'll hire another butler when the newest baby ages to a child. He did do a pretty good job at everything else. The garden never looked better. :D
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    I've never hired a butler and have no desire too, specially not after all the stories/reports I've read about bad ones. lol
    @SleepycatDSL
    Butlers are a great investment for your lot - apart from greeting guests and working long hours, they will make meals for the family, clean, garden, repair and are on the lot for the majority of the day to fulfil an adult looking a child Sim when parents are at work.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    *shrugs* I rarely ever have both parents working. I teleport sims over to visit so they don't need greeting. I haven't gotten into the gardening in TS2, seems tedious. My sims have to fix anything they break. I never make my sims clean. If they want to live in a pigsty that is their choice. Most are really good at keeping up the cleaning, though toilets can get nasty. *laughs*
    @SleepycatDSL
    Although I am recommending having a butler, it is a good thing for Sims to take care of their own home and they will build skills e.g. cleaning, mechanical doing all the odd jobs that come up! :)
    I always find the toilets in the college dorms the most nasty! :)