Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

User interface for the sims 2 / MOD IN PROGRESS

Comments

• MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    edited April 2016
    Live mode is completely revamp :smiley:
    2j0e9s3.jpg
    Post edited by Maglxisback on
    edited April 2016
    for those who wants to see more go to first page I added new screenshots there!! :)

Edit: also an alpha beta will be on the way to modthesims.info soon :) im just doing some final touch to the live, build and buy mode before alpha comes out.
    edited May 2016
    Brand new world selection screen ! What do you guys think? ! Still have some tweaking to do but so far I think I like it :smiley:
    2wquyw1.png
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Pretty cool!
    edited April 2016
    Im open to constructive comments and suggestion if anyone has :) !! I really want to make an UI that every sims 2 player will want to put in their game and feel like it the sims 2 has been updated :) so any suggestions comments during alpha phase also will be greatly appreciated!
    Is anyone excited for alpha :))) ! I will need people to help and test everything out.
  • AlorxicoAlorxico Posts: 360 Member
    > @Maglxisback said:
    > Is anyone excited for alpha :))) ! I will need people to help and test everything out.

I'm excited! :D
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I love it!

However, the white might be a little too bright for some people. TS4 used to have that white loading screen and people used to complain about getting migraines. I know I like to play in the dark and that white was always shocking. LOL

I think it looks great though and I would definitely give it a try. I'll test it for you.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I like your progress so far!

But I think you should keep the transparency a bit higher, and not make it entirely see through. It'd be perfect IMO with a bit more transparency.
    I like that you can see behind it. I know that often when I'm trying to do something, it's annoying to constantly have to move the cursor down to push the menu down so you can see what is/was beneath it.
    edited April 2016
    _______
    edited April 2016
    No harm has been done to those poor sims during the photo shoot :D;)B)
    1zmht6t.png haha
    ok so i have been working toward the transparency to make everything more visible . seems alright so far. Ill keep tweaking it and share some pics soon. And ya i will look into the world selection screen make it less whiter :)
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    Ooh it looks really slick and nice!
    edited April 2016
    Ooh it looks really slick and nice!
    Thank you!

so here's what I have been working on for most of my weekend....it has changed a lot ! What do you guys think???
    2ylskr4.png
    Maybe it's just me, but I like the one from your previous pics better. More transparency in that one, not as transparent/harder to see through on this one. The DNA-looking chain is kind of cool, though. I like that.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    Wow!! I love what you've done so far. :blush:
    Wow!! I love what you've done so far. :blush:
    Thank you :)
    Maybe it's just me, but I like the one from your previous pics better. More transparency in that one, not as transparent/harder to see through on this one. The DNA-looking chain is kind of cool, though. I like that.
    Yes i agree the other design as its beauty. but this one fit sims 2 in a special way... and well im still tweaking it nothing is final i might add some more transparency later on to the actual design. anyway I realised that to really make a nice ui its better to change small details at the time.. it gets too overwhelming otherweise :)soo it will keep on evolving to a certain level just keep an eye to the thread giving me your thoughts will definitely help me to make a better ui!
    edited April 2016
    Ok sims 2 lovers !! This is the last update before alpha! note that no time frame is set until release and this is still an early preview of alpha nothing is set in stone. Two mod has been injected into this UI, the maxmotive mod and colorseason mod (these dosnt change game mechanics its purely esthetic). And no photoshop has been used only croping on these shots !!! <3 I hope you are all as excited as i am !!
    Sans%20titre_zpsacty3mbw.png
    Sans%20titre2_zpsfrneiwhe.png
    Sans%20titre_zpswhdqkte1.png
    Sans%20titre7_zps7lcypfxg.png
    Sans%20titre6_zpsoekkmcav.png
    Sans%20titre4_zpszgct11t3.png
    edited April 2016
    Ok and here's my last screenshot i have to share with you guys before alpha releaseSans%20titre_zpslljyxirx.png

It's looking very good. I definitely prefer the more transparent ones, but I do like the pulse meter you included on the less transparent one. Perhaps you could combine the two together? Just a thought.
    edited April 2016
    It's looking very good. I definitely prefer the more transparent ones, but I do like the pulse meter you included on the less transparent one. Perhaps you could combine the two together? Just a thought.

they are in both already ! the pulse meter is the shortest version of the menu. and the transparent one is when you extend the menu to its full size it becomes transparent :) were talking about the ( needs ) display thing right?
    OH, OK, lol. I must not have noticed it in the transparent. My bad, sorry.
    edited April 2016
    OH, OK, lol. I must not have noticed it in the transparent. My bad, sorry.
    and it looks so much better ingame an totally fit sims 2 style... i find myself really enjoying it. <3
    EDIT: BTW does anyone knows if we need a particular status to post into download section of modthesims.info? I have an account but only used it for downloads. never to upload anything i created it
    edited April 2016
    Well anyway for those who arnt sure if they like it or not I will share with you guys my experience so far with it. Let me first tell you in game its a total different experience than just looking a screenshots of it . the build mode is amazing. Live mode feels more alive, and I even get carried away doing theirs wants checking up theirs fears and stats . Everything just blend in so well and overall i feel alot more submerged into the game :) the old ui is so plain and boring ..so It really gives a new look to the sims 2 its refeshing :) I spent nearly one hundred hours on this. And it is still far from being completely done ! Well thats it for now.. Cant wait to share it with you guys and hhear what you have to say !!! If any of you know where I can find more UI mods other than onto modthesims.info please share it to me :) ok bye for now