Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited April 2016
    @SataiDelennn
    It doesn't matter how much a Sim is worth, Fortune Sims still want to marry a Rich Sim.
    When you are creating a Sim and choosing their Aspiration, each Aspiration shows their mains goals which should help you decide.
    When a Child Sim grows up into a Teen in game, and you have to select an Aspiration for them, you also see these same goals.
    Fortune Sims are fairly easy to satisfy their wants by going to work, earning money - usually $100,000!

I guess she's a fortune Sim then, because she definitely had the "earn $100K" aspiration and went into platinum when it was reached (while she was on leave because she was pregnant, no less! Lol). I didn't know that they still earned money everyday while on pregnancy leave.

See? I'm still learning SO MUCH about just the base game, and I've had it for YEARS! I finally learned about the memory and interest icons! Never knew about those before!

Oh, what does it mean if in their personality profile, there is NOTHING in the "shy vs. playful" meter?

Edited to add: The weirdest thing just happened in my game. Lauren had brought a friend home from work, Susie brought a friend home from school, and right behind them came another car, and I thought, "Hmm... who's that?" So a popup appears that the Headmaster doesn't think the family is the right kind of people for such a fine institution and has come to check up on them. Show him a good time (i.e. tour of the house, and a good meal) and the timer window starts. But I never saw the headmaster get out of the car, and then the car drove off, and nothing's popped up about him since. So, I have no idea what just happened. I also had no idea that you could get kicked out of private school! Sheesh! Maybe if he'd stop calling to talk to Lauren while she's at work, he wouldn't have "reason" to get upset!

Anyway, thankfully Susie's still in Private School for now. She does need to get her grades up. They slipped from an A+ to an A, and I'm not sure why.
    Post edited by SataiDelennn on
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    @SataiDelennn for personality, if there is 0 points for shy/outgoing then that means she is max shy. Full points would mean max outgoing. Ditto for the other traits. :smile:
    @SataiDelennn for personality, if there is 0 points for shy/outgoing then that means she is max shy. Full points would mean max outgoing. Ditto for the other traits. :smile:

So, no way to build that up, then? Dang. And I thought Susie was shy with only two bars on her meter! I've never seen a Sim with nothing in the Shy/outgoing before! What am I supposed to do to get her friends and stuff, then?
    edited April 2016
    @SataiDelennn Make her talk to people. lol I think parents can encourage their kids (in this case to be more outgoing) but my memory is fuzzy. For the past few years my simming has been 'pop in for a couple weeks or so and do a project, then disappear for a little while again' (partly due to my health). I've been back the past few months but I've been working on projects (making neighborhoods) and haven't gotten much regular playing done.
    I also tend to just give them the points I want them to have (or take some away) since it's the quickest way, using mods. I'm usually playing out stories so I set things up the way I want. Though this time around (if I can settle into playing long enough) I'm trying to get out of the rut I fell into and start making my sims earn things themselves again and doing things I have never done or haven't done in a very long time.
    @SleepycatDSL

Oh wow, yeah, your health is definitely more important than the game for sure! I hope you are OK/feeling better soon.

Yeah, I don't play with mods. Considering how long it's taken me to get up the courage just to install University? Lol
    @SataiDelennn Thank you. Long term illness with other hiccups along the way but I'm still breathing so it's all good, I guess. :p Yeah, I'm not sure you will ever be ready for mods. lol As long as your having fun playing the way you are, that is all that matters. :smile:
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    You can't change the traits of Sims born in game - they are inherited from a mixture of the parents.
    Sometimes weird stuff happens - two 'nice' parents having a child I would class as 'nippy' - hands on hip etc :)
    I think there has been a glitch in your game for the Headmaster to turn up at the house again; however you have now installed University Life so your base Sims2 game will be patched and should fix this and any other issues.
    School Grades can slip if the child/teen Sims does not do their homework every night after school Monday to Friday; however if they catch up with all the homework due it will rectify itself.
    Some of my child Sims have a fear of being "encouraged to"by their parent; so check this is not the case before instructing a parent to encourage a child, unless you want the child's mood to go down?
    @SataiDelennn
    You can't change the traits of Sims born in game - they are inherited from a mixture of the parents.
    Sometimes weird stuff happens - two 'nice' parents having a child I would class as 'nippy' - hands on hip etc :)
    I think there has been a glitch in your game for the Headmaster to turn up at the house again; however you have now installed University Life so your base Sims2 game will be patched and should fix this and any other issues.
    School Grades can slip if the child/teen Sims does not do their homework every night after school Monday to Friday; however if they catch up with all the homework due it will rectify itself.
    Some of my child Sims have a fear of being "encouraged to"by their parent; so check this is not the case before instructing a parent to encourage a child, unless you want the child's mood to go down?

Except that these glitches are all happening AFTER I've installed University. And no, fear of encouragement isn't one of her fears, but when she was a child, fear of being lectured was, and Lauren lectured her TWICE for absolutely no reason!

@SleepycatDSL

Lol, no, I don't think I'll ever be ready for mods, either.

Anyway, you have a good outlook, and that's good. If there was something meaningful I could say, I would, but I just don't really know what to say or if there's anything I should say.

Yes, I'm having a lot of fun with the game, both before University installment, and after.
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Interest's are fun to look at and dictate how and what sims talk to each other about (Ever notice no matter how many times you make two sims "chat" one gets irritated right away and ends it, while other sims carry on a conversation?) That's basically all they're there for though. Also, you can buy magazines from stands at community lots, to help gain certain interests. Just because a Sim is shy, or lazy or messy, doesn't mean they won't talk to other sims, go run around, or pick up stuff. Actually, I've on many occasions had my totally messy sims make their beds, or clean the dishes. They all just typically need an extra push . Also, lazy sims Energy depletes faster, but their hunger depletes slower, while an active sims energy stays longer, while their hunger goes down quicker... Same with outgoing/shy sims and their social meter (Shy sims don't need to interact with others as often as outgoing sims do) Have you ever thought of buying a prima game guide? I'm sure you can buy a Sims 2 one for super cheap, I bought mine when the game first came out and it helped me SO much. So much stuff I never knew about until I read that thing 10 times over lol.
    Interest's are fun to look at and dictate how and what sims talk to each other about (Ever notice no matter how many times you make two sims "chat" one gets irritated right away and ends it, while other sims carry on a conversation?) That's basically all they're there for though. Also, you can buy magazines from stands at community lots, to help gain certain interests. Just because a Sim is shy, or lazy or messy, doesn't mean they won't talk to other sims, go run around, or pick up stuff. Actually, I've on many occasions had my totally messy sims make their beds, or clean the dishes. They all just typically need an extra push . Also, lazy sims Energy depletes faster, but their hunger depletes slower, while an active sims energy stays longer, while their hunger goes down quicker... Same with outgoing/shy sims and their social meter (Shy sims don't need to interact with others as often as outgoing sims do) Have you ever thought of buying a prima game guide? I'm sure you can buy a Sims 2 one for super cheap, I bought mine when the game first came out and it helped me SO much. So much stuff I never knew about until I read that thing 10 times over lol.

I occasionally return to the guide that came with the game. It helps, but not always.

OK, update! I am so completely stoked with the additional items that adding University gives me!!! I just updated/renovated my arcade/Magazine lot. I added every game possible, and redid the upstairs of the arcade to accommodate the pool table, and I finally got to do what I originally wanted with the Magazine shop. I added bookcases (thank you, University!!!). The base game just would NOT allow me to add bookcases no matter what I clicked on, no matter how many times I clicked on tabs, lol.

And all this sports/workout equipment is accessible, so I am going to create a community gym, and all this music equipment is there, so I'm going to build a concert hall, and because of the bookcases, I'm going to build a library! I'm finally going to have a COOL community/town! YAY!

Maybe I'll do a coffee shop and see about doing a "restaurant" if I can figure out how to do the chef/cook everyone talks about. Even if I can't charge real money for it, it will still feel like a real restaurant cause my sims will be able to eat without cooking for themselves! This is so cool! and so much fun!

I might have to do some moving around of the lots though so that I can create a "downtown" feel with the community lots (they're kind of scattered right now), and then have the "suburbs" surrounding them.

Did I mention how cool this is, and how much fun I'm having?! lol
    @SataiDelennn
    I really enjoy building too - and it's a great place for your Sims to go and enjoy! :)

Have you installed the University Life patch to your game?
    It sounds a bit crazy but the next expansion/stuff pack only checks if a patch has been added to the Sims2 game between these release dates.
    @SataiDelennn I'm so happy you are enjoying all the new stuff. I love your enthusiasm because even after all these years, I still love the game but sometimes, reading someone else's joy in it, helps throw some more wood on my own, if that makes any sense.

I'm pretty sure that without a mod, the Uni chef is limited to dorms. They only makes the cheapest of food anyway.
    @LadysimPlayer8
    Yes, I used the link SleepycatDSL provided and downloaded both game patches and installed them. So far, so good, but only time will tell if the patches worked.

@SleepycatDSL
    Thank you, lol. I really am having fun with it. I've always loved building stuff, though and designing them, too. One of my all-time favorite building games (which wasn't really a building game, it was just a massive perk for me in the game) was Caesar II from the Sierra Game line. It's not at all playable for anyone anymore though, because there was a patch needed to run it that isn't available anymore and the game won't load properly (if at all) on new machines without it, and that was over sixteen years ago as it was when I purchased the game (it was already considered obsolete when I discovered it at Best Buy and bought it). But, so long as I had the computer I did, and the patch had been available at the time, I was able to play it for many years until I needed a new computer. It was a lot of fun to play and build the cities and choose where the barracks would go, and the houses for people (which would upgrade themselves as people moved in and grew in wealth and status) and the markets, and all kinds of things. And then of course there were the natural disasters like fires and floods (and if you really wanted to wreak havoc, you could go into the disaster menu and select Godzilla [yes, lol, Godzilla] to come and destroy the town/city. Further, after you reached a certain profit level/goal, the emperor would offer you a promotion to move to a new city, or you could decline the promotion and continue playing in the current town until you were ready to move on. Sometimes your town would get invaded and your army/armies would have to defend the town/city, or sometimes you could choose to send your army on missions to invade other places (like the "barbarians"). The game was lots of fun for me.

I also enjoyed the original SimCity, and was excited for SimCity 2000, but I never could play the game at all because I bought a bad copy and never could get the nuclear power plants to install properly and work so I could supply power to the town. I was massively disappointed with that.

But, that's why I'm so grateful for The Sims2. It's kind of like Caesar II, but without the wars, lol.

Great, now I've got the narrator's voice from Caesar II in my head chanting, "Plebs are needed... Plebs are needed..." in his deep, booming voice, lol.
    I played one of the early simcities (I think on a console, maybe..or not...was a very long time ago). I used to love building up a city and then destroying it. lol
    Oh, lord! So, I created a new Sim Family. I was really hoping to have Susie hit it off with this kid, but it's been a little slow. They seem to be good on the phone, but not so great in person.

Further, Jason (the teen) has just been fired from his part time job because he's on the verge of flunking out of school (this is a very new experience for me! I've NEVER had a kid flunk out, as I've never had a kid do so badly at school!), so now I am trying to get him to focus on his studies, but it's hard because he and his mom are dirt poor (and I'm DETERMINED not to use either of the monetary cheat codes, and Lindsey [the mother] was already forced to pay for some guy's laptop at work after tackling the guy and breaking it [at the time she was a security guard]). Thankfully, Lindsey has finally gotten a promotion, so Jason's $52 a day loss isn't as detrimental as it otherwise would have been. They just finally managed to afford a sofa, and a small T.V., and I was able to add wallpaper to Jason's room, but they're still in twin beds, and they're still using the community shower, which was the only shower I was able to afford for them (Lindsey had to resort to a sponge bath the first day because I couldn't afford to buy a shower until after she got paid two days later, lol). I also was able to finally buy them a phone and a mirror, so Jason can now put on acne cream. Surprisingly, he and Alvin get along really well together (neighborhood boy), and they like to hang out a lot.

Now if I could just get his mood up so I could get him to do his homework quicker. I'm sorry he got fired from his job, but I think it's for the best, as he was really struggling to get his homework done, and finding ways to put him in a good mood and have fun was getting really tough!
    YAY! So, Jason got his grades back up, and he's now an A student again, and since he and Susie are best friends, and he brought her home from school, I had them flirt a bit (his mom's at work), and when each teen showed they'd developed a crush, I went in for the "first kiss" and it worked! Course, poor Susie has acne all over her face, but Jason didn't seem to care. So, they're in love now. Woohoo! Anyone know if this will show on her end when I next play her, or do I have to start all over and get them reconnected and build up again?
    Yay for the teens! Yes, their relationship will be the same when you play her lot, though not the exact same since sims can feel differently. The first kiss will be in her memories, if it was also her first kiss. :smile:
    Sims are awesome because they don't care what another sim looks like or if they have acne or purple skin. *laughs*
    Yes, it was her first kiss as well. I'm glad it will be as close to the same when I play her. That will make things easier, especially since they live next door to each other, lol.

Well, another new development has occurred. Lindsey and Goopy are in love, and I've had her ask him to move in, and so he's brought $16,000 MUCH NEEDED additional funds to the household! I have no idea what (if anything) he does for a living, and he has NO relationship with Jason right now (so, pretty realistic so far, lol).

I guess it will be time soon, now that Jason has gotten his grades back up, to send him and Susie off to college.

I've never played like this before. It's definitely interesting. I'm learning to play differently/be more adventurous now that I'm older, lol.
    Lindsey and Goopy are engaged! They're so happy! And Lindsey wants to get married now (if it wasn't so late in Sim time, I'd throw the wedding party she wants, and have them get hitched right now!)

This family is moving very fast! I don't think I've ever played Goopy before. He seems nice enough, and he and Jason seem to be starting to get along, so I'm glad for Lindsey's sake. I still want Jason to go to college soon. I have no idea if he'll get a scholarship/grant/whatnot or what, but I hope he does. His family can't afford much. Lindsey already got promoted twice though, so she's moving up the ranks and starting to make decent money, but Goopy still makes a little more than her. I hope he doesn't break her heart. In his aspiration meter, he wants to Woohoo with at least three different Sims. I really hope he's not what's his name from Pleasantview! Lindsey's already been divorced once, and just wants to meet and settle down with a nice guy!
    edited May 2016
    I started a new legacy family - Amelia Curious is the founding member! :)
    Amelia is a pre-made student I selected - so apart from choosing a few different outfits for her - was good to go!
    01.%20Amelia%20goes%20off%20to%20college.jpg
    More to follow over the weekend!
    Post edited by LadysimPlayer8 on
    @LadysimPlayer8
    That's awesome! Congrats to her for making the Dean's list! I have hope for Jason now that he got his grades back up. I really was worried he was going to flunk out. Trouble is, he's constantly borderline on his mood because he wants to get a part time job, but he's already made it clear that he just can't do school AND a job because he's always tired and never having fun, and never wants to do his homework.

Anyway, I hope Amelia continues to do well, and graduates with honors! (if that's possible)
    @SataiDelennn
    I have no idea what lies ahead for Amelia - I just go with the flow! Amelia loves watching TV so she is building up Cooking skill points watching the Yummy Channel - it is also her favourite hobby. I'm hoping she becomes a member of Sue's (Secret) Kitchen soon!

Re Jason, although some Sims don't like watching TV, to build up fun quickly let your Sim flick the channels after a few seconds of each other. Their fun bar will be restored quickly. :)
    It's important that Jason is an A+ Student to qualify for the SimCity Scholar's Grant ($1000) and if he tops the Teen After School Career, will also qualify for the Young Entrepreneurs Award ($750). The Career Track can be any; pick a job with skills Jason will enjoy (perhaps Chef?) or if the family don't have many friends, perhaps Medicine or Science?
    If Jason has been taught to study, doing homework should now be easier; if possible another teen or adult in the house could help Jason as this reduces fun much less.
  • Username_McUserface1Username_McUserface1 Posts: 11 New Member
    Newhaven is this city I'm working, the story behind it is that it lies outside of Simnation in the United Simdom, ruled by a Queen. It has different rules and I'm playing it so that EVERY SINGLE pre-made family from every expansion I have (The Pleasants, Goths, Brokes, Roths, Travelers, Beakers, Specters, EVERYONE) is living in this city. The thing is, they don't remember anything from their pasts and their memories were changed so that they believed that they've always lived there. Example: The Pleasant twins have grown up the best of friends, and Juliette Capp doesn't like Romeo Monty at all. I only have a few building up right now, but I have big plans. :smile:
  • Jinx23Jinx23 Posts: 436 Member
    edited May 2016
    I've been trying to shake things up in my neighborhood Lakeside.

One of my families had been getting kind of stale so killed off Louise, the mom, to try and make things different but I kind of regret it now hahah I miss her. I might make her son go to college and get into the paranormal track to resurrect her!

Everyone, including the dogs, was upset when she stabbed herself while running with scissors :'(

snapshot_22d27f23_e4311005.jpg

Here are some pics of Louise when she was alive with her husband Red and son Rocky.

snapshot_22d27f23_82d7e221.jpg

snapshot_22d27f23_e2ece708.jpg

snapshot_22d27f23_e2efad5f.jpg

In another effort to shake up my game, I had one of my sims, Rory, who was nearing aging to an elder stargaze just to see what happens...MINUTES later...

snapshot_22d2ade2_a4312413.jpg

His wife Sheila was surpsingly supportive and welcomed Rory's son, Hal, to the family!

snapshot_22d2ade2_84312a13.jpg

snapshot_22d2ade2_64312a01.jpg
    edited May 2016
    Interesting. You've got your telescope on the ground. I usually put it on a balcony, and nothing ever happens. Is the telescope supposed to be on the ground?

@LadysimPlayer8

Yes, it's been easy to keep his grades up now that he's no longer working. He has the $1,000 grant, but I'm working on his skills so that he can apply for others. Unfortunately right now, because his skills are still low, and the family is still poor, he's not qualifying for anything else.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top