Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope they announce something this week!

Comments

• agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

We'll let the new GP be the judge of that.

All I know is they've taken their time with GT, and I am still not impressed.

You may not be, but more people were impressed with GT than anything between Late Night and Get To Work.
    Public reviews around the net showcase this.

Funny, I've actually seen the opposite -- I've seen many people claim they feel Late Night was bulkier in content, and GT only useful for clubs. Hardly what I'd call impressed, compared to reactions of the TS3 forum when LN was released.

Public reviews? SimsVIP's review means squat -- same goes for any other Sim fan site IMHO. Reviews on gaming sites seem scarce; IGN didn't even review it themselves, which says a lot.

SimsVIP is a super biased fan-site. Once they stopped allowing criticism they lost all credibility in their reviews. A balanced review weighs the good and the bad, they focus on only the good aspects of the game.

Not just for SimsVIP but I really hate the fact that they'll share news with a select group of super biased sim sites so we're forced to turn to them if we want news. It feels like a slap in the face, like some fans are better than others. They should just twitch it exclusively and respond to fan questions live.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This thread needs to get back on topic before they close it.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Getting back on topic please. I think we will be getting the game pack announcement soon.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Wed. is announcement day or was it Tue.?
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Don't hate me but I don't think we will get one this week I feel like next week is more likely because of the new month but that might just be me.
    giphy_1.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2016
    So yeah, if you're only looking for negative reviews that's all you'll find, and if you're looking for Late Night in Get Together than that's a joke in itself :joy:

As is Get Together itself, and its price tag. But anybody who thinks so is clearly incorrect, as the legendary game critic xxMegaxxSimloverxx2005 on Tumblr gave it a 10/10. :joy::joy:

Anyway, to get back on topic, hopefully the announcement will be soon, and contain much more info on the pack before it's released.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    For those of you saying that mobile games are the way forward...

I point you to the resurgence in PC games in a genre similar to that of The Sims. Sim City 2013 failed... Cities: Skyline took it's place and has done very well for itself. Atari announced the revival of the Roller Coaster Tycoon franchise... suddenly we have TWO rival companies making replica games (one of which is being created by those that worked on RCT3). PC gaming of this genre is most definitely not dead and if EA play their cards right they could have a long and profitable future from The Sims franchise.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I sure hope so. But I am observing similar behavior from Maxis as I, and others, observed as they tried to save Sim City. I called out the insanity when the developers took off on vacation after the release of SimCity and then blamed the code design faults on the servers, when it was the design all along. While this was happening, fans were led to believe the product they purchases was being updated. SimCity was the game that forced EA, of all companies, to implement online game refunds.

Again, consider this: if micro-transactions are so profitable, why is TS4 unable to do this with frequent updates?

If $20 packs are profitable, why don't we see them more often? It's obviously not profitable to make it meet the expectations of players. Mobile devices are simply coded and easy to meet the expectations of players.

Perhaps too much packs leads to diminishing return. It would not surprised me if we all had our own conscious/inconscious budget of "how much we are ready to spend on The Sims" per year/quarter.

But you're wandering into the topic of business model and consumer practices here, and frankly I doubt we have enough data and information to draw any kind of conclusion. We can only observe what happens, both in the mobile and PC market. There are many profitables PC games that don't rely on micro-transactions, it's just one business model among others, not the only one.

This is all information which they'll have acquired from running TS3 Store. If they figure there's more money in releasing less content then that's what they'll do. If you're starved then you're going to eat the next meal whatever it consists of; if you're overindulged then you'll skip meals despite the fact they've been cooked for you.
    tFU6JMe.png
    At this point I d be happy if TheSims on twitter says tomorrow stay tuned for a very important announcement on The Sims 4 Tomorrow.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Wouldn't an ETA from a Guru work for people or would they get to angry if the announcement was not on the ETA day? Even tho ETA means Estimated Time of Arrival.
  • ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    I'm anxiously waiting for the Pets expansion pack.

This is about The Gamepack 3 Restaurants Pack being announced.

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Something tells me that we probably won't see an announcement until next month, we really don't get much info until release month nowadays sadly. :(
  • ANIMALadorerANIMALadorer Posts: 64 Member
    Ok, sorry :blush:
    Jase wrote: »
    Something tells me that we probably won't see an announcement until next month, we really don't get much info until release month nowadays sadly. :(

SG Drake was asked today if an announcement was coming this week and she didn't say no. It was either in this thread or another.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    We'll probably getting the renouncement next week or the week after, as they said that releases will probably still have the same period of time between the announcement and the actual release. Let's hope for something exciting next week from @SimGuruDrake though.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
    We'll probably getting the renouncement next week or the week after, as they said that releases will probably still have the same period of time between the announcement and the actual release. Let's hope for something exciting next week from @SimGuruDrake though.

I'd rather get it this week.
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    For those of you saying that mobile games are the way forward...

I point you to the resurgence in PC games in a genre similar to that of The Sims. Sim City 2013 failed... Cities: Skyline took it's place and has done very well for itself. Atari announced the revival of the Roller Coaster Tycoon franchise... suddenly we have TWO rival companies making replica games (one of which is being created by those that worked on RCT3). PC gaming of this genre is most definitely not dead and if EA play their cards right they could have a long and profitable future from The Sims franchise.

I wish they would revive Theme Hospital.... YOU HEAR ME, EA??? You can't just buy an entire company and hold on to their software and not improve it, please make TH2 PLEASE!!!
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

This is about The Gamepack 3 Restaurants Pack being announced.

@ANIMALadorer you can post that thought.. this thread was merely titled "I hope they announce something"... didn't state restaurants only posts. :) I hope you get your pets at some point.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • WaterHornetWaterHornet Posts: 352 Member
    @drake_mccarty that person you referenced as being "rude" is a serious apologist for The Sims 4. Like...it's unhealthy in it's forcefulness. It's one thing to defend a position, but it's a totally different thing to bash people in the face with your opinions then attempt to put them down with poisoned words. Take a look at that ones' track record and you'll see a vehement individual who simply can't accept objective criticism. I have my own little game review website (Always Late Game Reviews) and I tried to stay as objective as I could. Needless to say, looking at the game as a total package of functions and keeping my emotions out of my notes I, and I hate to admit it, SLAMMED the game. And I won't ever apologize for my views...one can either agree, disagree, or provide thoughtful commentary and engage in honest dialogue and "agree to disagree". The moment someone drops the gauntlet and uses a snippy attitude to defend a point, well, I just can't take that person's opinions seriously.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

We'll let the new GP be the judge of that.

All I know is they've taken their time with GT, and I am still not impressed.

You may not be, but more people were impressed with GT than anything between Late Night and Get To Work.
    Public reviews around the net showcase this.

Funny, I've actually seen the opposite -- I've seen many people claim they feel Late Night was bulkier in content, and GT only useful for clubs. Hardly what I'd call impressed, compared to reactions of the TS3 forum when LN was released.

Public reviews? SimsVIP's review means squat -- same goes for any other Sim fan site IMHO. Reviews on gaming sites seem scarce; IGN didn't even review it themselves, which says a lot.

SimsVIP is a super biased fan-site. Once they stopped allowing criticism they lost all credibility in their reviews. A balanced review weighs the good and the bad, they focus on only the good aspects of the game.

That's what I've been saying all the time. (That's probably the reason they blocked me, lol)

Goodies! Trips, Hands ons = Yay for the Yibsims!

For the announcement: My guess is next week.
  • MysticOneMysticOne Posts: 460 Member
    I think it's time for some content.... please release the game developers! :) LET ME SPEND MY MONEY!!!!!

YEAH! I think all of us are eager for something new. They're dragging this update thing to new extremes.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I'm not sure why they just didn't give a release date when they had the video posted since we know that it it is being released we just don't know when. It's a pity that they changed how they release information to the fan base but I do still believe it's being done as a marketing gimmick it's that I hope i'm wrong and this will be a one off. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment while I study and work part time so I have no money to spend on anything fun but knowing a release date allows me to budget and save up and since I don't know when I can't really work around that.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    lovejess2 wrote: »
    I'm not sure why they just didn't give a release date when they had the video posted since we know that it it is being released we just don't know when. It's a pity that they changed how they release information to the fan base but I do still believe it's being done as a marketing gimmick it's that I hope i'm wrong and this will be a one off. I live alone in a one bedroom apartment while I study and work part time so I have no money to spend on anything fun but knowing a release date allows me to budget and save up and since I don't know when I can't really work around that.

I think that the content outline was so that players could kind of get an idea of what to expect to be released within a 2-3 month time frame. I'll agree that I wish that they weren't so ambitious with the release dates but it might be because they don't want to have a set date placed because so far with the track record for TS4, things being pushed back or delayed are some what a main concern. So it could all just being the Gurus wanting to be careful about having a set release date until they know for a sure to a tee that that's the date they want to release it on.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    I really want restaurants lol i do however feel like its still too close to the announcement we have just had to announce anything yet. Im hoping im wrong though!