Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    @SleepycatDSL
    That's really interesting. I just figured ghosts would show up and haunt people, like, maybe scare or annoy them or something. I had no idea they could physically interact with anything.

@willow_kidd
    Isn't it interesting how things work in TS2? You never know what you're going to find, and how things are going to play out. Good luck finding Josh's brother!
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    My two university sims got a C on their first exam. Not a bad grade for my first time playing the Sims 2 University. For me it is oddly difficult because they're always getting tired and out of energy and I can't take them out to have fun. All they can do is study and do things to raise their GPA. :( I feel bad for them.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    My two university sims got a C on their first exam. Not a bad grade for my first time playing the Sims 2 University. For me it is oddly difficult because they're always getting tired and out of energy and I can't take them out to have fun. All they can do is study and do things to raise their GPA. :( I feel bad for them.

First thing you should do is make sure they've got the required skills for the semester before you have them do anything. They can go to class, but don't have them write their term paper (especially not this) or many assignments. You should be able to get them expanded enough on day 1 that they can go to class on day 1 and day 2 and not max out their progress bar if you can't get the progress bar fully expanded.

For fun, have them watch the Sports Channel on tv or play red hands together (or with a dorm mate they are friends with).

For energy, make sure they're all in bed by 10 pm (unless they're on the final stretch of their term paper).
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    edited April 2016
    @willow_kidd
    I don't think Martin is a playable Sim - if so, a Sim may have to befriend him and ask him to move in.
    It will be your choice to play Martin to graduate from college or choose the option to leave college and he will automatically become an adult and return to the neighbourhood.
    I will be playing Sim State University myself shortly, so I will update if I find him for you.

Update: Martin Reuben can be found in the Bright Household on 20 Peanut Street - sharing with Jane Stacks and Allegra Gorey.
    Post edited by LadysimPlayer8 on
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I would use the Uni break object to stall off the classes until my sims had the skills for the grade meter to be maxed out before their first class.I've got it installed in my game though I've not had to use it yet because my town hasn't grown enough to have the campus added.I used to send the students on vacation to their own vacation home on arrival to get caught up with their skills.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    Oh dear. I don't understand this family! So, Dennis met Kennedy Cox today. They do NOT like each other! I guess Kennedy is a meanie, and argumentative. Oh well. I was doing it for Susie anyway, seeing as she wanted to meet someone new, but she's at school. So while Lauren and Kennedy are outside on the swing set, Dennis decides he needs a bath... a sponge bath at the kitchen sink! What is with my Sims? They seem to prefer sponge baths in hygiene desperation over taking a bath or a shower! He shooed the maid out of the kitchen, and started his bath, only to shock Lauren when she walked into the kitchen to make lunch, lol.

These guys are odd, even for Sims! lol
  • spivoskispivoski Posts: 299 Member
    After reinstall the Sims 2 and creating a new family...

there was a fire in the kitchen because no one had cooking skills,

the dad was caught cheating with someone from the welcome wagon,

the daughter was sprayed by a skunk,

the toilet became clogged after the dad used it, followed by the dad bathing himself in the sink,

Roaches invade the house because someone kicked over the trash can,

and a ninja appeared, though that was my doing since I wanted my sims to learn how to teleport.

All this happened in one sim day. AWESOME!!
    spivoski wrote: »
    After reinstall the Sims 2 and creating a new family...

there was a fire in the kitchen because no one had cooking skills,

the dad was caught cheating with someone from the welcome wagon,

the daughter was sprayed by a skunk,

the toilet became clogged after the dad used it, followed by the dad bathing himself in the sink,

Roaches invade the house because someone kicked over the trash can,

and a ninja appeared, though that was my doing since I wanted my sims to learn how to teleport.

All this happened in one sim day. AWESOME!!

LMAO! Congrats on accomplishing so many things in one day, lol.
    edited April 2016
    🐸🐸🐸🐸! lol. So, I had just saved the game, and a chance card came up, so I was grateful I did so. Dennis was trying to create life, and I chose the wrong option, and destroyed the town, and got fined $10,000. So I exited out, and went back in and played again and again. Finally, just now, the card came up again. I cringed because I hadn't saved the game yet. I took a chance anyway, and it happened to be the right choice, and earned $25,000 and a patent... for creating life from dead chrysanthemums, lol! I thought it was going to be some kind of creature, and it was freaking chrysanthemums! I couldn't stop laughing!

Edited to add, that I just put a pool in at the house. I did this because I wanted to test Susie's prowess as a diver after seeing her do this amazing triple somersault dive into the community pool (she was an "extra" on the lot when I sent Dennis there because he wanted to swim, and Susie just kept doing these dives that I've never seen a controllable sim do before. So I am having her dive now, and at first, she did a normal cannonball so I made her dive again, and now she's doing what she did on the community lot. I am just amazed! She's the first Sim I've ever had with any sort of diving talent! She's just a little prodigy! Lol.
    Oh man, I really caused chaos for my Sims!!! Lauren's pregnant, but um, it's not Dennis's baby. I don't know why Lauren is a Fortune Sim. She really seems more fitted for a romance Sim. She has Pao the mailman in love with her and also a neighborhood/family friend, Ivy, lol. So, anyway, just as Dennis was leaving for work, Lauren invited Pao over cause she's been wanting to dance with him for a while. Well, one thing led to another, and they woohooed, and now she's pregnant! This sort of presents a problem since I don't believe Dennis and Lauren have done so since I created them! Lol. Guess I have some maneuvering to do, and fast!
    @SataDelenn
    Woohoo is available to Sims with a long term high relationship score e.g. in love, engaged or married/joined.
    If the playable Sim is female, the woohoo option and try for a baby option are available. It's your call! :)
    If the playable Sim is male, the woohoo option is only available unless the other Sim is engaged or married to the male Sim, then the other option to try for a baby is also available.
    The 'try for a baby' option is not always 100% that the female Sim will become pregnant but if both Sims are in good moods (gold or platinum status), the chance is much greater that this will happen.The Freetime Expansion Pack increases that chance by having an Aspiration Reward of High Fertility for Family Sims.

Although Sims have a certain aspiration e.g. Fortune, when they make a friend they want to become best friends (Popular trait) and same goes for a love interest (Romance trait). Fortune Sims enjoy making money so work on getting jobs, promotion, topping careers. Lauren would love to marry a Rich Sim (a Sim worth more than $50,000)- are any available in your neighbourhood?
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    @SataiDelennn Yay for trying something new! Dennis won't care that the baby isn't his. Sims are good like that. lol If he catches Lauren cheating then he probably will get mad about that and slap her.
    @LadysimPlayer8
    Nope. The Razaars are the first family in the neighborhood, but considering that she and her husband together are worth about $140,000 or more, the "need" for a rich Sim shouldn't be there.

@SleepycatDSL

Lol. I mentioned this in another thread last night/this morning. Dennis did catch her "cheating" when she jumped on Pao to kiss him, but he just stood there and did nothing. HOWEVER, when Dennis went to hug her romantically, it was PAO who got ticked off and attacked Lauren (poor girl was VERY pregnant at the time) and slapped the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out of her! I was like, "DUDE! She's pregnant with YOUR kid! Don't slap her!"

Anyway, she's had the baby, a girl, and I've named her Debbie. Everyone so far loves her, but the parents' room is VERY crowded with the crib and changing station, lol. Since it's the weekend, I've decided to have Susie look after the kid for her parents so she can bond with her half-sister. And I'm happy that I won't have to hire a nanny unless everyone wants to go to a community lot, because Lauren goes to work until five, and Dennis doesn't start work until 10 in the evening, and they only work about three days a week, so they'll have plenty of time to look after Debbie.

Though, this is something I don't understand. They were very doting parents to Susie, and read to her, and tucked her in, and stuff, but when she turned into a teen, the game tried to say she was a neglected nightmare. But even now that she's a teen, she's fine. She's happy, and healthy, and a good kid. It just makes no sense to me.

Oh, I have decided I want to install University Expansion pack (don't faint, everyone) but I can't remember which folder you all told me to make a copy of in case I decide to uninstall it down the road so that I won't have to do a full uninstall and reinstall of the base game, thereby losing my families.
    edited April 2016
    @SataiDelennn You'll want to make a copy of your neighborhoods folder (in my docs/the sims 2). Copy it and then paste it somewhere else on your computer. I would put it in a folder with a name you will remember.
    I always date my back ups and I back up individual hood folders so mine look like "4 24 16 - N043 Strangly Pleasant" (which is a hood I just finished making today and backed up).

LOL I forgot how silly Maxis jealousy is. A couple mods I use change it so it makes more sense but I often just turn it off altogether and handle things my own way, depending on the sims.

When Susie aged up to teen, her aspiration was probably a bit to low so you didn't get a better message.

Yay! for installing Uni!
    @SataiDelennn You'll want to make a copy of your neighborhoods folder (in my docs/the sims 2). Copy it and then paste it somewhere else on your computer. I would put it in a folder with a name you will remember.
    I always date my back ups and I back up individual hood folders so mine look like "4 24 16 - N043 Strangly Pleasant" (which is a hood I just finished making today and backed up).

LOL I forgot how silly Maxis jealousy is. A couple mods I use change it so it makes more sense but I often just turn it off altogether and handle things my own way, depending on the sims.

When Susie aged up to teen, her aspiration was probably a bit to low so you didn't get a better message.

Yay! for installing Uni!

Thank you! I'm assuming that I'll need to shut the game down before copying the file to another location, lol.

Also, once I install University, does the base game run through the University disc, or do I need to keep switching between the discs if I want to play a neighborhood family instead of a University Sim? I know I've asked this one before, but I'm still not sure I understand it.
    @SataiDelennn nah, I copy & paste new backups even when the game is running. Just save your household, if you are in one first (so your back up is current). Yes, you will use the Uni disc to load the game (and as I mentioned in the other thread, you don't need to keep the disc in once the game loads).
    OK, thanks!
  • Sapphire268Sapphire268 Posts: 66 Member
    Getting sick of playing Veronaville over and over, I decided to give Pleasantview a shot. I went into the Pleasant family. After looking at everything, I guess I decided 'how fast can I mess everything up'. I invited Kaelynn (I think that's her name, the maid Daniel has an affair with) over before anyone had work or school. Everyone else went about their business like normal. Until Angela and Lilith needed to go to school.

Daniel and Kaelynn were doing the romantic greeting, causing Angela and Lilith to cry. It took them like half a sim hour, but they finally recovered and got on the bus. Then Mary-Sue had to go to work, to find her husband making out with the maid. She freaked out, and both Daniel and Mary-Sue's aspiration meters hit rock bottom. The therapist visited both of them, and after their visits, Mary-Sue kicked Daniel out. She went to work, leaving Kaelynn wandering around the house.

Life continued as normal when everyone got home. Angela brought Dustin home, and they both hit Downtown, having their first kiss and a dream date. Lilith asked Dirk to sneak out with her, which he accepted.

And that's where things left off for the Pleasants!
    Well, I just got the shock of my life! I loaded up my DeVine Valley town and clicked on the only family living there, and um, you all know the blurry stuff that obscures the Sims' bits and bobs? Well, that seems to be missing at the moment, and I just got the Full Monty on Dennis standing next to the tub! YIKES! So, that thing I once read somewhere about the developers/artists of the game being the only ones to know what the Sims really look like behind that blurry stuff is not true anymore, lol. I too, now know what they look like. Or at least, what Dennis looks like.
    Getting sick of playing Veronaville over and over, I decided to give Pleasantview a shot. I went into the Pleasant family. After looking at everything, I guess I decided 'how fast can I mess everything up'. I invited Kaelynn (I think that's her name, the maid Daniel has an affair with) over before anyone had work or school. Everyone else went about their business like normal. Until Angela and Lilith needed to go to school.

Daniel and Kaelynn were doing the romantic greeting, causing Angela and Lilith to cry. It took them like half a sim hour, but they finally recovered and got on the bus. Then Mary-Sue had to go to work, to find her husband making out with the maid. She freaked out, and both Daniel and Mary-Sue's aspiration meters hit rock bottom. The therapist visited both of them, and after their visits, Mary-Sue kicked Daniel out. She went to work, leaving Kaelynn wandering around the house.

Life continued as normal when everyone got home. Angela brought Dustin home, and they both hit Downtown, having their first kiss and a dream date. Lilith asked Dirk to sneak out with her, which he accepted.

And that's where things left off for the Pleasants!

Wow, that's quite an achievement! Sounds like you're having fun!
    OK, I threw a birthday party for Debbie (Susie threw the party) and thankfully it wound up being a good time, but not until Susie left to go outside to blow bubbles on what I thought was a hookah, but apparently is a bubble machine, lol. Poor Susie, she's just not a social butterfly. At least everyone showed up though.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when Debbie became a toddler and has the same ears as Susie! So, the alien DNA apparently somehow stems from Lauren, because otherwise, it's very obvious that Debbie looks like her father... and I don't mean Dennis, lol.
    @SataiDelennn
    It doesn't matter how much a Sim is worth, Fortune Sims still want to marry a Rich Sim.
    When you are creating a Sim and choosing their Aspiration, each Aspiration shows their mains goals which should help you decide.
    When a Child Sim grows up into a Teen in game, and you have to select an Aspiration for them, you also see these same goals.
    Fortune Sims are fairly easy to satisfy their wants by going to work, earning money - usually $100,000!
    @Sapphire268
    The first day of playing the Pleasant family is very eventful! :)
    I usually have Daniel and Mary Sue tickling each other and making out so they become best friends and romantically involved. :)
    I put a chess table with chairs in the hall and keep Angela and Lilith occupied until 8am when the school bus comes so there is no fighting.
    It's Daniel's day off work, so when Kaylynn the maid comes to work at 10am, Daniel asks her on a date downtown - Bernard's Botanical Dining - where they do public woohoo and have a Dream Date. Now Daniel wants 3 Loves and to Make Out with 3!
    When Daniel returns he works on his body skill until the girls come back from school. Angela achieves an A+ report and boyfriend Dustin fall in love and share their First Kiss.
    Daniel and Mary Sue try for a baby (there is only a few days left for this option) and hopefully have either baby Jeff or baby Coral. :)
    @SataiDelennn many of us disabled the 'censor blur' a long time ago. It's not like ken dolls have anything to hide. lol
    @SataiDelennn many of us disabled the 'censor blur' a long time ago. It's not like ken dolls have anything to hide. lol

LMAO! Well, it was still a shock to me, and I'm still wondering if there's something wrong with the game, because *I* didn't disable it. The game seems to have!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top