Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes - A 100 Baby Challenge

Hey all! I'm just starting this discussion board for my 100 Baby Challenge. You can find the blog here

Please feel free to give any advise/constructive criticism you want to. I won't judge or argue or anything, promise! You'll be helping me improve, after all.

So... let the discussion begin!

Comments

• Anua92Anua92 Posts: 269 Member
    bump?
  • clysonclyson Posts: 80 Member
    River's background story was amazing! Although, the story does need more photos. All but that the story is great!
  • FawnFoxFawnFox Posts: 360 Member
    I love River's name! Not enough people appreciate how gorgeous the name River is, especially on a girl. Can't wait to see what you name the babies. But I agree with the poster above, I would love to see more photos. :)

2afmmf5.jpg

I know the story needs more pictures. Unfortunately for the next... I think two chapters, I don't have many pictures because I didn't plan out the story before I started playing. But once those are through, I promise there will be more pictures!

River's background story came before I actually started the game, so those few pictures that are there were actually from a different save. I had to restart the game about 4 times before I got into the baby making due to corrupt games from switching computers and things like that.
    Hey all!

Chapter 2.1 for my 100 baby challenge is up!

River gets pregnant again, and we see the new baby(ies?)
    I don't know if there's anyone on this, but I have a question for you if you are.

Where do you want River's journey to go from the last chapter?
  • raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Oh...idk, you are doing a great job! I'm just curious to see how she handles having children, toddlers, and infants. I've never done the 100 baby challenge, so it's great to see someone do it, and read the wonderful story you have created.

By the way, your story is the 1st simlit I've ever read, and I love it:-)
  • Nancy01905Nancy01905 Posts: 3,929 Member
    It is great start, I love the back story :smiley:

If you are looking for males you can use any in my studio

My name is the same here on the sims 3 website
    I agree with @Nancy01905 it's a wonderful back story
    edited April 2016
    @raemariek and @Nancy01905 Thank you so much. I actually am re-reading everything right now for more inspiration, and I am just loving how everything has turned out so far. It always gives me the warm and fuzzy feels (probably because I know River's ending). I just feel bad that River had to have such a rough start.

@raemariek If you're looking for more simlit, I suggest you go here. It has about 7 more stories on there, and leads to links for other "chat rooms" for simlit writers where I'm sure you can pick up even more simlit.

I'm finally forcing myself to sit down and write as soon as I finish reading, as I have to work tomorrow and I really don't want to leave you guys without a post on Tuesday. Especially since I just took a week off.

I'm going to put this up on the home page of the blog too, but for all of you on here you're getting it first. I'm going to take a week off in between generations. It's for me to breathe a bit and plan, as well as for the characters to "get their lives together" haha. I'll be playing ahead as I always do, getting the heir ready to be a mom. And there will be back stories for every mom, or prequels if you can call them that. But anyways, enough jabbering, it's time to get down to business.

(I apologize in advance if these next few posts aren't up to the quality the last ones have been. I hate forcing myself to write, but I'd feel absolutely horrible to leave you all with no posts this week. If I don't like them when I re-read later, I will revise them. Please feel free to add any constructive criticism on them, or any of my posts.)

One last note, I'll try to be better about posting chapter updates on here. As well as adding them to the table of contents. I know it's easier to navigate than having to search for all the brand new posts.
    Hello! Thank you for the link! It looks really interesting! Personally, I understand that life gets busy, it is life after all. You shouldn't feel so bad or have to force yourself to write. If a break is what you need, then take one :-) And I'm sure your future posts will be great!
    Well first off, let me explain what I do when I write. I tend to make a dark room, or in my case the light is on the other side of the room, so my side is dim. Then I put on some nice classical or meditation music real low. And I just let the words flow, if they'll flow that night.

Last night as I was writing, boy did they flow! I wrote so many posts in advance that I need to play the game again to be able to write more! It just took my mood music, lighting, and a good break in the middle for some tea, and I (this isn't a pretty way to think about it, but I can't come up with another way to) practically feel like I hemorrhaged posts last night. I'm so happy with myself! lol
    Hey all! Chapter 4.1 is up!

The twins have some growing up to do
    Hemorrhaged, lol. I'm glad the words flowed for you. Can't wait to read what you wrote!
    Chapter 4.2 is up!

We get to meet someone special
    I made a HUGE mistake! See the details on my main page
    Oh no! Are you sure you want to start all over? Can't you work off what you had saved for future posts and start the family where you left off?
    @raemariek I actually already started over. And it seems there's a turn of events in the Ash family. You'll just have to stay tuned and find out! (New update on the Welcome page)
  • ElijahsBabyGurl9ElijahsBabyGurl9 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Just wanted to give you a heads up...it seems your link to your site might be broken, I can't seem to get it to work. I've been wanting to read your story but am unable too...Hope this little problem gets fixed ^_^ I love reading baby challenges!!
    edited May 2016
    @ElijahsBabyGurl9 Does this link work for you?
    Post edited by Anua92 on
    edited May 2016
    Hey all. I don't know if anyone is still on here, but if you are I have a few things to say/ask.

First off, I've done multiple updates on the situation of the game on the main page of my blog, if you haven't seen them.

Second, I wanted to know your opinion on something. See, I was thinking of going ahead and writing the story without actually playing the game. Of course, there will have to be changes to the story when I find out how many babies she has with each father, etc. But at least you guys would have something until I can get my game running again. What do you think? Please let me know, or give me suggestions, or whatever. I very much value your input!
    Post edited by Anua92 on