October 23 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here.

Creative Things To Do?

US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
What are some ways you break "the daily grind" in The Sims 2? I like to mess around with cheats and Supernaturals.

Comments

  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    I like my Sims (especially adult male Sims) to be abducted by aliens. :)
    You just never know whether any off spring will be 'normal' or an 'alien' or a mixture of both!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,687 Member
    I've never had an alien baby in my game and I've played since launch. :/

    I actually don't mind Supernaturals in TS2 but I hate them in 3, they are everywhere!

    I try a lot of different challenges when I get bored, that helps as it forces me to play in different ways.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Goldbear86
    If you want to have an alien abduction and an alien baby, play the Curious brothers on Cover Up Hill, Strangetown.
    Vidcund will be abducted if he stargazes and Pascal will give birth to an alien baby about 6am.
    If you have Freetime Expansion Pack installed, Knowledge Sims have a high chance of being abducted by aliens; remember though only adult male Sims can be impregnated! :)
  • US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I've never had an alien baby in my game and I've played since launch. :/

    I actually don't mind Supernaturals in TS2 but I hate them in 3, they are everywhere!

    I try a lot of different challenges when I get bored, that helps as it forces me to play in different ways.

    I feel the same about Supernaturals in TS3. They don't feel unique when your town is full of them.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,687 Member
    @Goldbear86
    If you want to have an alien abduction and an alien baby, play the Curious brothers on Cover Up Hill, Strangetown.
    Vidcund will be abducted if he stargazes and Pascal will give birth to an alien baby about 6am.
    If you have Freetime Expansion Pack installed, Knowledge Sims have a high chance of being abducted by aliens; remember though only adult male Sims can be impregnated! :)

    I really should play in Strangetown more often, I often neglect it :o
    I have freetime as I have the collection EA gave away on origin.
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    I've never had an alien baby in my game and I've played since launch. :/

    I actually don't mind Supernaturals in TS2 but I hate them in 3, they are everywhere!

    I try a lot of different challenges when I get bored, that helps as it forces me to play in different ways.

    I feel the same about Supernaturals in TS3. They don't feel unique when your town is full of them.

    Exactly. I just feel like its overrun and every sim is not human.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    If I have a knowledge Sim and I'm playing other than Strangetown, can I get aliens to abduct the Sim? Or is Strangetown the only place Sims can be abducted? And what do I do, just have the Sim stargaze through a telescope?
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,459 Member
    If I have a knowledge Sim and I'm playing other than Strangetown, can I get aliens to abduct the Sim? Or is Strangetown the only place Sims can be abducted? And what do I do, just have the Sim stargaze through a telescope?

    Any Sim in any neighborhood can get abducted.

    EA set up some starting stories with code and one of the Strangetown starting families has a Sim that if directed to stargaze that night will get abducted 100% of the time. But only on that first night.

    To get abducted, have your Sim stargaze using the expensive telescope (the cheaper one won't work) at night.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    If I have a knowledge Sim and I'm playing other than Strangetown, can I get aliens to abduct the Sim? Or is Strangetown the only place Sims can be abducted? And what do I do, just have the Sim stargaze through a telescope?

    Any Sim in any neighborhood can get abducted.

    EA set up some starting stories with code and one of the Strangetown starting families has a Sim that if directed to stargaze that night will get abducted 100% of the time. But only on that first night.

    To get abducted, have your Sim stargaze using the expensive telescope (the cheaper one won't work) at night.

    Lol. I only buy the expensive EVERYTHING for my sims, so yeah, I have the expensive telescope. I don't have them use it very often, so maybe that's why Dennis hasn't been abducted yet. I was wondering if they need to stargaze from the ground (looking up at the sky from the lawn) since the telescope hasn't worked yet. I guess I'll just have him keep trying.

    Thanks!
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @SataiDelennn
    If you are playing with the Sims2 base game, most abductions only occur in Strangetown.
    I played with Pleasantview for months and not one abduction occurred even with the Farscape Telescope worth $2000. Can't understand why Bella Goth was abducted at Don Lothario's condo using the cheap telescope! :)
    With the advent of the FreeTime expansion pack, alien abduction happen far more frequently for Knowledge Sims in all neighbourhoods.
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    I sometimes like to intentionally do the unmoral thing to my sims in the game and see if they handle it well or not.
  • PwhiskersPwhiskers Posts: 43 Member
    I like to create a neighbourhood from the bottom up, it's so easy in the Sims 2 with the blank maps and neighbourhood decorations. I'm currently playing the Build a City challenge and 'unlocking' things as I go with rotational gameplay
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,109 Member
    Black Widows can be fun... Mad Scientists are fun.... Mixing it up with only doing what the Sim wants or needs and not what I want them to be/do.

    Build a City Challenge is Awesome! I'm doing that one in Pleasantview and now I'm going to be killing some off to reduce my population- counter to the game but things are open I have lots of businesses.

    Play a world of SuperNaturals... :)
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,459 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Black Widows can be fun... Mad Scientists are fun.... Mixing it up with only doing what the Sim wants or needs and not what I want them to be/do.

    Build a City Challenge is Awesome! I'm doing that one in Pleasantview and now I'm going to be killing some off to reduce my population- counter to the game but things are open I have lots of businesses.

    Play a world of SuperNaturals... :)

    No, you're killing off Sims to open up Paranormal positions faster :P That's what you're doing. It's not counter-productive. I for one count my dead (it's a long enough challenge anyway even if you count the dead) in my population.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,109 Member
    @Seera1024 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Black Widows can be fun... Mad Scientists are fun.... Mixing it up with only doing what the Sim wants or needs and not what I want them to be/do.

    Build a City Challenge is Awesome! I'm doing that one in Pleasantview and now I'm going to be killing some off to reduce my population- counter to the game but things are open I have lots of businesses.

    Play a world of SuperNaturals... :)

    No, you're killing off Sims to open up Paranormal positions faster :P That's what you're doing. It's not counter-productive. I for one count my dead (it's a long enough challenge anyway even if you count the dead) in my population.

    Yeah, I am. XD
    I've got my Simself in the game I want her to be in Paranormal and run the Monestary with a side business of Raising the dead and maybe a few hits if the money is right. :)
  • US_Marshall42US_Marshall42 Posts: 236 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    @Seera1024 wrote: »
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Black Widows can be fun... Mad Scientists are fun.... Mixing it up with only doing what the Sim wants or needs and not what I want them to be/do.

    Build a City Challenge is Awesome! I'm doing that one in Pleasantview and now I'm going to be killing some off to reduce my population- counter to the game but things are open I have lots of businesses.

    Play a world of SuperNaturals... :)

    No, you're killing off Sims to open up Paranormal positions faster :P That's what you're doing. It's not counter-productive. I for one count my dead (it's a long enough challenge anyway even if you count the dead) in my population.

    Yeah, I am. XD
    I've got my Simself in the game I want her to be in Paranormal and run the Monestary with a side business of Raising the dead and maybe a few hits if the money is right. :)

    >a side business of Raising the dead

    I guess everyone needs a hobby in their life.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top