Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    Julyvee94 wrote: »
    @SilentWolf101 Uh that plums :( but I guess people just get emotional when it comes to venting about personal life situations :( I don't think this thread is in danger though, everyone is so nice here :)

*hugs* Agreed. :( It started out good, but... :\http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/839336/just-for-venting-ranting/p1
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • FayeShinomoriFayeShinomori Posts: 3,523 Member
    Gikuyu aged up into a YA and just got married and now he and his wife Moombi are expecting their first child together! Here is what Moombi looks like: Moombi%20Nolan_zpsrzdzlteh.png

I hope the gene pool is a bit kinder to Gikuyu and Moombi's children because Gikuyu's dad really messed things up in the gene pool lol; I messed with his facial features way too much and he had so many weird angles on his face and blah, he didn't have very attractive kids, but Gikuyu stood out from the rest since he seemed to be the one that had inherited his mother's blessed genetics which made him look a lot better lol.

I hope all of you are having a good day or night, wherever you may be, and I hope that today is good to you all. I think I'm finally starting to throw this virus that I came down with. I'm feeling quite a bit better today but I'm still very weak and the aches are not as bad today but they still make walking difficult. That's the only good news I've had in a while. Life is not treating me well these days. Sigh.
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    @rosenero10 Hi and welcome to the thread! Your avatar pic is really nice by the way. So pretty.

Thanks so much! He is my Signature Sim, who I'm recognized for like an Avatar on Facebook :)

I feel a little silly staying in this thread because all of you have your Sim stories in common and I don't write or read Sims stories at all, and all I have are just simple pictures and links. I just feel like I don't quite belong here. No offense to anyone, though. I just feel like it's pointless to keep posting pictures when there are all these Sim stories going around and all I have are pictures, and not exciting pictures at that. I'll be lurking around for a while though. I'm not trying to offend any of you because it does sound like you guys have some great stories, but I really don't feel like I belong here when all I do is just post pictures. Like I said, I'll be lurking. Have a great day/night everyone!
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Good morning!

Devan thinks his wife is crazy. Well, she kinda is, but we love her for it lol. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/crazy/

@mastressalita AHH! I missed your blogaversary! Happy one year!!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    @mastressalita Happy Blogaversary! I really enjoyed that!

Recently, on Noble Doubt:

1.19: Dear Diary, Family or Foe?

The in-laws come to visit and Phyllis answers questions about the past.

14612506566952_zps6cfxhzgb.jpg

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

Although I do feel a little left out and ignored in this thread, I am going to continue giving updates on the Nolan clan because I just love to show off my Sims. In The Sims 3, I was known here on a previous thread for having outrageous hair colors for my Sims and colorful, big eyes on my Sims, all of those colors being custom made by myself. I wish I could still do that in Sims 4, but since I don't have that ability now, I now make my Sims unique by naming them after gods and goddesses from all types of mythology all around the world. I'm a mythology geek and I put my two loves together: mythology, and Sims.
    Anyways, enough about that rant. My new patriarch Gikuyu and his wife Moombi now have two children, their eldest being their firstborn daughter whom I named Ratri, and then her baby brother came along and was named Fanus. Moombi is pregnant for the third time and so far the genetics on Ratri haven't turned out too bad.
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    @FayeShinomori Hey sweetie, and don't worry about the whole 'feeling left out thing'.
    I'm not here enough myself to really worry about it, but don't let me fool you into thinking that the thought it does sometimes pinch at my brain and make me feel a little sad too.
    Here I've noticed that everyone kinda knows everyone on a scale that allows us all to proverbially 'wave and smile' to each other as we 'walk by' and share our creations.

*waves to @everyone* Have a great day all :D
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

*waves to @everyone* Have a great day all :D

*waves back at everyone!* Hi! I'm hardly ever in this thread, but I thought I'd wave to you all, too, and wish you all a happy day!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Season 1 episode 7 of murder valley is UP!

Go read/comment/feedback!

please?

only 3 episodes left for the first season!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

Been out of the "net" for quite a while (RL gets in the way LOL) Hope everyone is well and happily simming away. Finished my Insane asylum challenge story tonight .. with a surprise winner :)https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/

I am excited I learned a bit more about my WordPress :) Tomorrow I start the new story :) .. the one I actually started the blog to post
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Good morning!

It's F.I.S.H. Friday again! This week, Stefan spends a little time with his baby sister...awwww. Enjoy!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/2-8-big-brother/
    forum_final.png

I just posted my new blog this am and I am so thrilled with its reception .. goodness never had so many views! A big
    TY to everyone in here that I have been learning from!! I am so excited to continue with Snow's story ... https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/snow-white-new-beginnings-1/
    [img][/img]12-16-15_12-47-27nbspAM_zpsehy09uva.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I just posted my new blog this am and I am so thrilled with its reception .. goodness never had so many views! A big
    TY to everyone in here that I have been learning from!! I am so excited to continue with Snow's story ... https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/04/22/snow-white-new-beginnings-1/
    [img][/img]12-16-15_12-47-27nbspAM_zpsehy09uva.png

What a beutiful sim! Will read it very soon!
    AMB.jpg
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    OK, so here is my first try at a Rainbowcy/Apocalypse Challenge. I hope you enjoy it!
    http://keepitsimplysims.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Slow-Rainbows.jpg
    AMB.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Hi guys!
    today was a hard day for me as I went to my grandparents' funeral. They were both really special to me so it was super sad. And seeing my mom and my brother cry didn't help. At least they now rest at a really nice spot and I'm happy that they had a good life, even if they died too early (cancer and lung problems). I don't want to put you off with this, I just needed a place where I could write some about my feelings. Hope you don't mind.

@FayeShinomori don't worry :) I really like seeing the pictures of your huge generation family all the time :) I might not comment a lot but I always like looking at them. Your last heir was quite handsome even after you had trouble with these genes :) Most of the time I'm just too busy to comment, but I lurk here a lot too :) you're always welcome here as far as I am concerned :)

Hi guys!
    today was a hard day for me as I went to my grandparents' funeral. They were both really special to me so it was super sad. And seeing my mom and my brother cry didn't help. At least they now rest at a really nice spot and I'm happy that they had a good life, even if they died too early (cancer and lung problems). I don't want to put you off with this, I just needed a place where I could write some about my feelings. Hope you don't mind.

@FayeShinomori don't worry :) I really like seeing the pictures of your huge generation family all the time :) I might not comment a lot but I always like looking at them. Your last heir was quite handsome even after you had trouble with these genes :) Most of the time I'm just too busy to comment, but I lurk here a lot too :) you're always welcome here as far as I am concerned :)

Sorry for your loss, Vee!
    forum_final.png

• mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @Julyvee94 : That's always such a hard thing. *hugs* My grandpa passed away in 2006 (to cancer as well), which I realize is ten years ago now, but I still remember how difficult it was, and there are things that remind me of him all the time (just yesterday I was out at lunch with some coworkers and ordered something at the Japanese restaurant that none of my coworkers had ever hard, gyoza (potstickers), which was a favorite of his, which immediately made me think of him). Before my family moved out of state, we used to live around the corner from that set of grandparents, and I have fond memories of walking over there as a little kid to spend the night when there wasn't school... something I incorperated into a few chapters of Cat Chronicles with my elderly cat lady Rose and her granddaughter (I was sad to see Sims had no "stay the night" option for children, even when it's a relative asking! How cool would that have been to include in the Generations Expansion, for grandparents to ask their grandkids to come spend the night? How many of us have great memories of staying over with our grandparents? You missed an opportunity there, EA! ...I just had to move the grandchild between households for the "weekend with grandma", heh.) It'll be hard for a while, but hopefully in time the grief will gradually be replaced with pleasant nostalgic memories. Grandparents are really special!

@FayeShinomori : This is a place where we can share anything... not just stories. This is where we can share our every day accomplishments, or our griefs. Whether someone wants to discuss what is going on in a creative endeavor (maybe they have writer's block!) or just want to talk about what they are doing in their current game (like sharing a new nooboo they think is cute or a build they are proud of!) this is a place where friends can chat. In fact, it is far more about friends chatting than sharing stories, which is sort of the second function -- just dropping links without ever participating in any other way has typically been looked down upon in the past. That said, like Vee has brought up, a lot of us are busy enough we can't reply to everyone individually... I used to here in the past, but then I got so overwhelmed with maintaining my own threads, dealing with my own chronic pain issues, my fulltime job, and other things sucking up my time that something had to give, and those giant "block of text replies to the masses" were one of those things. That said, I still have a subscription to this thread, and I still drop by and check out every single post that is posted here, whether I reply to it or not. You know, for those of us that write stories, many of us have many more "anonymous" readers that don't ever leave a comment and are just sort of "there" in the background, too. It doesn't make them "less important" to us, though, and I'm sure they still appreciate the content that the writers produce, even though they never say anything. Not everyone is a vocal personality, and not everyone has the same amount of time to put toward forum posting, but that doesn't mean that each and every person who is a regular contributor to this thread is not welcome and happily accepted here. Because they are. This is my favorite hang-out on these forums and I really love all the frequent faces here!

So my Hygiene Need has plummeted, but before I hop in the shower, I figure I will share that I finally managed to spend an afternoon playing Sims! (I barely ever have time to get into game anymore these days, it seems!) So... Happy Caturday!

cat_ban_l.jpg

The Cat Chronicles Day 36: Persistence

Shadow express his litterbox woes.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Hi Guys,

Sorry no posts lately, been having issues at home. Now things are settling down here is a chapter. I hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the Weather :)

Cover3_zpss2ipvpum.jpg

Painswater Point
    8.3 I Love You http://pp.lckysim.co.uk/?p=4625
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi guys!
    @Julyvee94 Oh, I'm sorry for your loss! But it's nice to hear that they had a good life and now have a nice resting place. And I at least don't mind at all that you want to share your feelings. :) All the best for you and your family.

doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited April 2016
    *drops in and hugs everybody*
    Hey there! Still caught up with role play...

I've been looking at new sims 3 challenges, and I've created several groups of challenges which would be combined into bigger, single challenges. I have a Wishacy + Auracy + Rainbowacy challenge, a Wonderchild + Bachelor/Bachelorette challenge, and an A to Z Family + Four Immortal Sister + Going Solo challenge so far. I'm still looking at other challenges to throw into the mixes, but... I think that these are related enough to make it them fun combined challenges. :3
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
    I’m starting something new! Expect some random short stories soon. :D Check it out!

http://www.jes2gstories.com/fun-new-short-stories-coming-way/
    forum_final.png

edited April 2016
    I am so excited over my new blog .. I am a bit blown away by it all :). I put up #3 yesterday and it had 256 reads (not meaning for that to sound braggish .. and prob that is low for lots of you but I am stunned). TY so much @VIRTUALEE for talking me into it! <3 I am slowly getting to know the stories on here too .. TY @SilverDaybreak for talking me into joining the forums :) While I am thanking I cannot forget @SilentWolf101 and @Miki who "held my hand" thru the process LOL ... Caught up reading @VIRTUALEE (who I adore) @BBQPenguinWings and @CitizenErased14 ... awesome reads!! Started a new one with @xMike_Bx ... Enjoying @CathyTea now @mastressalita the cat story had me rolling! Needing to get caught with @SilverDaybreak. Hope to be catching a few new ones (for me) here and there .. But LOL enough ramble for now.

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/snow-white-new-beginnings-3/

[img][/img]12-29-15_1-46-28nbspAM_zpsoc3u7grp.png
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    It's been nothing but drama for me this week. My insurance refuses to give me my blood thinner because they have all these ridiculous regulations and I am completely out of my medicine now and now our biggest fear is that between tomorrow and until they get the problem fixed, I might get a blood clot and if that happens, it could easily kill me. This medicine is a matter of life or death for me and I am so furious with this stupid company.
    Sorry about the rant, but I'm just going nuts about the whole situation and I'm very worried and stressed. I'm going up to 48 hours of no sleep now because of my anxiety and stress levels so I can barely function these days. I haven't touched Sims in like a week because I've had so many things go wrong with my health. Sigh. Well, whenever the stress can go away, I will sleep much better. Hopefully.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    @FayeShinomori : Insurance companies are the worst! My job changed insurance providers last year, which made me lose the preapprovals on a drug I was using which is very hard to get and had taken me several years to get through the approval process to get, and I refuse to "start all over" with a new company to try to get it approved again, so now I've just been off that treatment since then. Sadly they care about their bottom lines way more than anyone's actual health... it's a terrible situation. -_-;; I sympathize.

@lisabee2 : Ah, I write the cat story. Unless someone else writes a cat story that I'm unaware of, hahaha. I'm glad you enjoy it!

@SilentWolf101 : Have you ever seen Spacey Sims on YouTube ( @Spacey72659 ) ? She's actually listed with the Stories and Legacy Index, and she does that often, combining several challenges together. Like her 100 Baby Challenge also has elements of the Black Widow and Four Immortal Sisters challenges thrown in. Kinda gives old challenges a bit of a twist and is a lot of fun!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges