Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Practice Challenges ☆☆

Comments

• cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    @rosemow thanks :blush:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Amiejaidenalbie_1988Amiejaidenalbie_1988 Posts: 224 Member
    Can they not be reported? If someone reuploads my hospital I'll be so angry because it's taking me forever! It still has that you created it originally created it @crysk
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 haha, that's how I found it ;) I was checking my hashtags for inspirations and checking if someone else uploaded a new entry :sweat_smile:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Well now my version of the exteriot :blush: Since I finally have the look of my exterior I could add some more lights to my landscape as I usually do the lights last.

I placed some walls in the basement and used them to raise some lights and hanging flower baskets to the columns.
    On the roof I placed a satellite dish and made a chimney by combining one of the game chimneys with half walls.
    I placed the door on the short side of the porch and not at the obvious front.
    7NVaP0l.jpg

To avoid having a bare roof on this side I added another roof with a window.
    5n6oJPk.jpg

Backside
    ABbUCKZ.jpg

I decided on a more open latice and added some scrubs to it for the Sims to have some shade.
    fZsjEfE.jpg

I MOOed two couches together to get a corner. Sadly the corne obviously isn't useable.
    PGunzba.jpg

For the roof patio I used a glass dancefloor to create a skylight for the room below.
    In order to do something different, I combined the glass fence with halfwalls. The halfwall was needed to avoid a gap between fencing and roof. And with the glass it creates a more open feeling to the patio.
    VnsD6WX.jpg

The roof patio ahs another sitting corner (haha I have three now). To give this a more secluded feel I surrounded it with those flower trellies (heck is that the correct word?)
    q8CUNui.jpg

The front with the other roof
    CNQnzN4.jpg
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    Artemis_Dreamer
    Challenge 2, Part 2
    Hillside Highlands

Gallery link is here. Any feedback would be very much appreciated. :smile:
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Your build looks so cute and cosy @crysk I love the brick with the siding i dont use it enough!
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

theank you @lisa17ann :blush:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 I can't understand why people reupload other people's stuff. Where is the fun in that?

@lisa17ann I love your house:) the blue and the white and all the plants are so gorgeous.
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    Thanks so much @popettypop2012 :)
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Your build looks very nice! @crysk :) The sattelite dish is a great touch on the roofing. The windowed dormer roofing on the other part of the roof looks nice. The lattice roofing on the ground floor patio looks very nice, and the greenery on top of it adds to the nice look of it. It looks nice the way that there is a corner of sofa seat it. The spandrels look great how they are used for the patio area. The hanging baskets are a nice touch there. Very nice rooftop patio! The giass flooring looks very nice! The sofa seat sitting nook there is very nice! The floral lattices trellis walls beside the seating looks very pretty! Nice art nook on the patio for sims to enjoy painting in the outdoors air. The floral trellis and flower boxes look nice together.
    The build is very nice :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    Origin ID: cbear1313
    Challenge/Part no: Challenge 2 - Part 2

Ok here is my exterior, 2 patios and roofing. Though I am not 100% happy with this it may get changed slightly before I upload the final house I have changed it soooo many times already just ask @lisa17ann shes had to listen to me whinge about it haha.

So when I started the exterior it was leaning towards Mediterranean which Ive never done before but in the end I softened the look a bit more because I wanted it to suit the oasis feel landscaping. Im not sure I have completely achieved this yet but will see once its finished.
    Here is the front view:

Part%202%20front.jpg

Ive used two different wall coverings for the exterior and matched the sandy style to the fence, I also gave the dark brown trims to break up the light colors and matched that to the foundation trim on the exterior fencing around the lot.

Part%202%20back.jpg

I added greenery in my exterior walls to match my oasis theme. The roofing has 4 pieces and 3 different types of windows.

Part%202%20side.jpg

For the patio roofing I matched it to the little bbq patio in the back yard and also added some plant pots on the top for more decoration, Its nice to leave some of the ceiling in pieces for you to decorate instead of making them all lattice gives them a bit more of a unique look. The patio fencing I made myself to match the fencing near the back door and put some relaxing hobbies such as yoga and chess on the patio.

Part%202%20patios.jpg

And to top it off the lighting for night view, though I am unsure if I like the exterior lights I used i was having trouble finding something that suited, I will probably play around with them a bit before I upload.

Part%202%20night.jpg

Any questions feel free to ask and if anyone wants to critique my practice challenges let me know and I will upload because I am far from perfect and I know I make mistakes to.
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    Your challenge 2 part of the challenge look very nice! @Cbear13 :) The Mediteranean theme of the build looks very nice. Very nice roofing! The sun decor is a nice touch on the roof. The textures of the exterior look nice and suit well the theme of the build. The dome type windows look nice in the build and look very great the way that they are placed! They give a very nice look to the home. The planter boxes are nice touches of green on the windows. The lattice over the patio looks very nice! The plants look very nice placed on the corners of the lattice! Nice sofa seat seating area. The candles are pretty on the side tables either sides of the sofa. Very nice rooftop patio. Sims will enjoy looking out at the views whilst painting on the easel. It is a nice place for sims to enjoy quietly doing yoga on the mats.
    The build looks very nice! :)
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Looks very nice @Cbear13 nice that you gave Mediterranean build a try and I have one also but a bit different from last time so should be putting mine up soon.
    Origin ID: chips46
    Challenge/Part no: 2 House Exterior, Patio and Roofing
    Lot name that you built on: Bargain Bend
    Would you like feedback: Yes please on the thread is fine
    Gallery Link:https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/12492ED6087311E6807FED0E5BA524BB?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=challenge 2&max=50&maxis=false
    I have change a few things a bit as I was not happy with it and also had trouble with the roof and patio with the Lattice that's on the house which I gave up after 2 hours on it.
    23l0e1h.jpg2yn2xlh.jpgvq4eft.jpg2qjkif8.jpgevc9yo.jpg
    it looks wonderful @chips if you get stuck on something like the roof patio and lattice feel free to ask for help, what were you trying to do?
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    The build looks very nice @chips46 :) The greenery looks very nice on the lattice roofing! Very nice rooftop patio! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there whilst looking out at the views. The art decor item looks great there. The patterned flooring looks very nice. The plants and pedestals look nice placed either sides of the rooftop patio door. The exterior wall textures of the home look nice. The planter box windows and the greenery on the wall add to the nice look of the build. Sims will enjoy playing chess at the chess table on the ground floor patio.
    The build looks great :)
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    You all have been doing such amazing work! :o I've learned a lot just by following this thread. Can't wait to see what you come up with on the inside!
    This is the roof that I had in the first place which was ok at first until I check on the patio which part of the roof was showing a bit which I know it did not look right and no matter what I do I could not work around it so I had to leave it.
    xbadch.jpg33xx8r5.jpg
    and then the exterior trim went all weird2dgniab.jpg
    perhaps I didn't do the pattern right2dv5qnk.jpg
    and I'll try and ask next time when I'm stuck with something.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    Thanks, thanks, thanks for the feedback @Cbear13 <3 Wow I did not know that ctrl F work that way with those designs, I use it only with plain tiles :s I really need to use moo with my statue, I really do not like that cheat, it is hard to avoid accidents with it.
    At this point all the houses are so different that the shell dissapears :o
    Well now I have time with the weekend to struggle with the roofs :smiley:
    Your build looks very nice! @steskens :) Very nice rooftop patio! The lattice roofing that you have used there and in the other areas of the bulld looks nice and the red flowers on the tops add a nice look to the lattice. The bar counter and art nook areas on the patio look very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar and a chat outdoors. The bottles and cups are great touches on the counter and the fruit bowl looks nice there placed on the fruit crate.The sims will enjoy painting on the easel whilst looking at the views of the outdooors. The patio flooring texture gives a nice look to the area.
    The texture of the exterior walls of the home looks nice. The glass tiles skylight roofing is great! The flower boxes are a nice touch on the exterior wall. Very nice lattice covered side patio sitting nook. Sims will enjoy resting there on the sofa in the sunshine.
    The build looks very nice :)
    I just solve the problem on the roof exterior trim was a bit too large so I put the smaller one on and It's not going through the patio fence and also the Lattice I change the pattern and everything looks good so I don't think I need that feedback anyway thanks If you have already look at It.
    edited April 2016
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 feedback for Challenge 2 - Part 2
    QC Practice Challange

Ok firstly will comment on the changes you made to part 1 by the way it looks sooooo much better now well done.
    I love the blocks of hedging out the front it really gives it a different look, I love the new pathing and the decorative fountain in the middle.
    One thing I would do is on the left side of the house next to the path its just plain grass I would copy your garden beds from the right side.

I love the table decoration and the added trees on the back patio and i love the pool decoration.

Ok onto part 2
    I agree with @crysk about either continuing the fountain down the right side of the house or but something there as it looks quite bare up against the house, so either needs that done of some wall decoration. Here is another idea of combining the two.

Also the roofing here looks very strange with the wood slats just ending all of a sudden, I think using the same covering in the front roof section makes it flow a bit better

Amiejaiden%20p2%202.jpg

Great night view.
    The lattice roofing looks great I love that you used the thicker fencing, you can decorate it up some more if you like with plants but I think it looks fine considering you covered part of it with roofing.
    Dont forget to add exterior trim around your lattice fencing as it will hide the joins with the columns

Amiejaiden%20p2%204.jpg

As for the roofing as @crysk said it looks a bit strange as it is sticking into the lattice fencing and into the glass fencing of the patio. Here is my fix up still using the same type of roof you did (half gabled roof)

Amiejaiden%20p2%203.jpg

If you select the roof you will see to little arrows off to the side if you move them in it shortens the roof edges that overhang on the gabled rooves. Another tip is if you hold shift down and just move the arrow on the side you want to shorten it will just shorten that side and not the other.

Great job on your patios they look wonderful, lots of decoration yet still looking clean cut for modern style.
    I love how this house is coming along your doing a great job
    @lisa17ann I love what you have done for part 2 especially the roofing covering the top patio and gorgeous lattice roofing.
    I love that your exterior is not over done but still gorgeous
  • Amiejaidenalbie_1988Amiejaidenalbie_1988 Posts: 224 Member
    Thank you @Cbear13 I didn't know you could add roof trim around the lattice

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top