Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please help me

Sandy0038Sandy0038 Posts: 1,430 Member
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. Everytime i have my sims go to a community lot, they get there and then the game freezes and crashes. The lots are Sim lots and not custom. What can i do to fix this?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Have you tried to repair your game yet? To do this, bring up your Origin Launcher, and right click with your mouse on your game, and a box will appear, in the choices will be to Repair Game. If you have any mods, or third party CC, take those out first, and then put them back in after it is done. I know that this works for quite a few issues when it comes to TS4, and it might work for TS2.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)

It doesn't always have to be the lot- Do you have CC and mods? Have you tried another family and lot/another neighborhood and family? Maybe try a test hood without any mods.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Sandy0038
    Does your computer meet the specs to play your Sims2 game?
    Is your game patched up to date?
    Sims2 patches are available on quite a few websites.
    When the FreeTime expansion pack was released, this was an issue for players when a Sim visited a hobby club but was fixed in the patch.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    OK, I'm having some serious problems since installing University Expansion Pack. I just looked in the Storytelling folder, and I'm missing ALL pictures from DeVine Valley (my custom neighborhood, and where I currently have the Universities installed). Where did all the pictures go? Is there somewhere else I should be looking now???
    OK, I just found all the pictures from my custom neighborhood in a folder called "Neighborhoods>N004>Storytelling." Thank Goodness!!!
    Good luck with playing University Life! :)
    I forgot there is a special object for plastic surgery - haven't actually used it in my game.
    I think although it changes a Sim, the original genes are still passed on - so beware! :)
    Good luck with playing University Life! :)
    I forgot there is a special object for plastic surgery - haven't actually used it in my game.
    I think although it changes a Sim, the original genes are still passed on - so beware! :)

Lol, thanks. If I can get the glitches patched correctly, I think I'll enjoy it all just fine! And thank you for the info about creating dorms and changing the lots afterward. Much appreciated!

I really wish that EA would get with the program and realize what a gem they have/had in 2 and recreate/redistribute for sale the series and expansion packs. I mean, yes, it's nice that they're still "offering" the UC to people, but it does seem discriminatory based upon who people talk to, and it shouldn't have to be that way. It should be available to anyone who wants it, and re-offering it online or (preferably for me) in stores like Best Buy or Gamestop for sale so that EVERYONE can get it without hassle.
    @SataiDelennn
    I agree and think the same criteria to qualify for the Ultimate Collection has to be applied to everyone and not (by the sound of things) just your luck which operator assists you. If you don't satisfy that criteria, then you have no recourse to complain.
    Personally I think players would pay for this direct download.
    I have all the expansions in disk form but what happens when I upgrade my computer that is five years old?
    I would still like to enjoy Sims2 for years to come! :)