Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!

KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
So I was playing TS2, and I had this whole story planned out for my second gen about how the mom dies during birth and the dad blames his son for her death and he remarries, this time for money and not love and the woman's son is super evil and tortures the dad's son and nobody would believe the first child.
Then my sims had a baby girl (Piper) and they were such a cute family, I couldn't tear them apart, however, the game didn't agree with me. It wanted to see sadness.
On the day of the child's birthday the mom fell over and died. Just out of the blue, coughing and falling and I have no idea what happened.
This has never happened before to me, and all I can wonder is why, and how!
Snapshot.bmp

Comments

• Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Had you gotten a pop up saying she was sick?
  • KatNipKatNip Posts: 1,065 Member
    Seera1024 wrote: »
    Had you gotten a pop up saying she was sick?

No, and that's why I was so confused. Lucky for the family, Charlie was able to save her. Then the dog, Leroy Jenkins, tried to growl at Grim. :lol:
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @KatNip
    If you Sim's (Piper) needs were low i.e. on two previous occasions had been at starvation point (which can happen during pregnancy), the Sim will die. Thank goodness for Season's Expansion Pack which introduced saving leftover food when pregnant Sims are desperate for a quick bite! :)
    Freetime introduced Family Sims to prepare Comfort Soup which is great for Sims that have a cold.
    Thank goodness Charlie saved Piper from the Grim Reaper! Did the Grim Reaper look up his book?
    @LadysimPlayer8
    They had to play a game. Also, it was weird when she died because all her needs were in the green, except for hygiene which was starting to get into yellow-green (They were getting ready to go on a date) so I'm thinking it was a glitch.
    Also, thank you for the facts, I never knew that you could have comfort food! :smiley: Do you need to be a certain level cooking?
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Wow. Poor Sims. The things we do to them (or that they do to themselves). I'm glad you were able to save her.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    That is so sad!
    I had a sim die when her first child was a toddler as her needs were so low and I thought that was sad.
    I don't think family sims need to have a certain level of cooking to produce Comfort soup as even if say the sim is a popularity sim and has family as their secondary aspiration they can unlock the ability with aspiration points and it will cure any illness.
    Wow. Poor Sims. The things we do to them (or that they do to themselves). I'm glad you were able to save her.

I know! Poor Charlie might've become a widower if it wasn't for my frantic clicking (which I do when I'm nervous on the computer, whatever im doing.)
    Goldbear86 wrote: »
    That is so sad!
    I had a sim die when her first child was a toddler as her needs were so low and I thought that was sad.
    I don't think family sims need to have a certain level of cooking to produce Comfort soup as even if say the sim is a popularity sim and has family as their secondary aspiration they can unlock the ability with aspiration points and it will cure any illness.

Okay, thank you! ^^