Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simepoint ads broken?

I am trying to save up on the free simpoints to buy some stuff, but for some reason i am not seeing videos but sites and it is getting a little confusing, is this an issue with the store or is it with the sponsor?

Comments

• lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    Well they did a maintenance to the store yesterday that removed the simpoint gifting and moved the purchasing of simpoints to Origin. So maybe when they did that, it broke something in the store.

I just watched 2 videos which are the Discover Los Angeles and I wasn't rewarded the points. Please fix this if this has something to do with yesterdays maintenance.

@SimGuruDrake
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Hi @Zellnagi,

@lisasc360 could well be right that the recent site maintenance upset things for a while but today I am seeing a steady selection of ads, and they all appear to be working (so far!)

If you used to get the ads but they have stopped it may be worth clearing your browser cache, trying a different browser, checking several different Store pages - or it may just be that in your country (I'm in the UK) they have run out at the moment ...

Good luck! :)
  • ZellnagiZellnagi Posts: 7 New Member
    No, i am getting the ads, but they are not videos, the ads are sites and are not allowing me to get points, i kind of want the videos back, this must be a glitch in the system.
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Zellnagi wrote: »
    No, i am getting the ads, but they are not videos, the ads are sites and are not allowing me to get points, i kind of want the videos back, this must be a glitch in the system.
    Ahh right, understand. Is it possible that you are double-clicking the ads? That might take you to the thing the video is promoting.

There may be a problem with the javascript or flash or whatever they use, make sure your software is all updated and clearing the cache might help fix any software problems ...
  • SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    I've had a long running problem with the University of Maryland ads - they have never given me points. I no longer bother to start them because I know that I'm just wasting me time - they just never pay out. This has been going on for months, but don't use the BBS much any more, so I didn't complain. Has anyone else had this problem?
  • MsRedMsRed Posts: 117 Member
    Zellnagi wrote: »
    I am trying to save up on the free simpoints to buy some stuff, but for some reason i am not seeing videos but sites

I get sites sometimes too and they are my favorite because, even those they stay up a little longer than the videos, they usually don't have sound and don't require us to click in extra any buttons (or survey answers), you just wait and thank them for your points later.

The Sims 3 Store: ♢ My Page | ♢ My Wishlist | ♢ YouTube Channel | ♢ My Top 5
  • SandpitturtleSandpitturtle Posts: 171 Member
    A year later the discover los angeles adverts do not pay and they normally are the ones taking most of my goes. Why is this still an issue?
  • Gestra5Gestra5 Posts: 9 New Member
    I had the same issue with the discover los angeles adverts. But now I'm seeing no ads at all. I see them using Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, but not on my preferred browser, Firefox. I've tried clearing the cache, as suggested, but to no avail. I'm missing something here, but I can't figure what.