Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content Newbie

I have been playing TS4 for a little over a year. I have only ever used one mod, the door locking mod, and got rid of it when door lcking came into the base game. The door locking mod is superior to the native one, but the native one gets the job done without needing to worry about updating and reinstalling.

I am not against modding or custom content, I have just hesitated using it. Partly because I like sharing my builds on the gallery and cc makes it less useful for people who want to download and use my builds. Also, the above mentioned updating headaches. And potential compatibility and stability issues.

BUT there is some great stuff out there! Also I think that at some point I might like to try to make my own cc. So I am torn.

A few questions for you.

I am interested in build and buy cc. I have zero interest at this point in CAS. If you are just using, say beds, windows, doors cc, does it have the same issues with needing to update with each patch? Or are they pretty static and just work?

Is it possible to segregate the cc in build and buy mode so they aren't mixed in with the native stuff?

Is there an easy way (or really any way) to have the cc info in the uploaded file to make it easy for people to download?

What are the best cc sites for build and buy stuff? Are there places where you know you won't get crap? Is there a virus risk in all of this?

So many questions! Thank you in advance :)

Comments