Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Going Solo Challenge (main) Updated to include TS4

Comments

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited April 2016
    Next chapter of Cyprus's story is up! I'm afraid it may raise more questions than it answers...

@MischiefTheKitten I forgot to mention how much of a kick I got out of all the Doctor Who references in the first gen. Rose, Donna, Mickey and especially TheDoctor IF, very clever! Also, congrats on the book cover! It looks great, reminds me of a book I have on my own bookshelf, in fact.
    Post edited by KaytayRoall on
  • VunecaVuneca Posts: 1,686 Member
    All-

Please take a look at the first page and let me know if you see anything that needs to be updated.
    If there is a story that should be deleted or relocated, let me know
    If there are any missing stories, or other blogs you have that you'd like added, let me know

@KaytayRoall I added your story
    @MischiefTheKitten I changed your name from your old one to your new one (why did that never occur to me before? it's been ages!)
  • MischiefTheKittenMischiefTheKitten Posts: 3,635 Member
    @jazen And a rainbowcy chapter! Don't you blame me for falling behind on NaNo! :P

@Vuneca Thank you!! It's very cool :D I've checked the first page, mine look fine the way they are :)

@KaytayRoall It always makes me happy when people get the references :P I played that family for several generation before I started this challenge, and always had a naming theme for the babies ^^ They only have one baby now so there's no point having a theme! Thanks for the comments, too. Would you mind commenting on the blog rather than here? I don't want anything spoiled for the people who haven't read it yet :)

How's everyone's weekend going? :)

~MischiefTheKitten

Signature3_zpstzfs3ywq.jpg
    edited April 2016
    @Vuneca Thank you for adding my story to the first page. :)

@MischiefTheKitten Oops! I'm sorry. I didn't even think of that. Went back and edited my post of anything spoiler-y.
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @Vuneca I've been meaning to update page one for you so guess this is the right time.

The following stories should be moved down to Hiatus
    Aurora Borealis
    The Burnbright Solo
    Story of Rosaline
    As Tears Go By
    Forever In Time
    Another World
    The Pham Family
    Pok Family
    Solace of Elysium

I know some of the others haven't been updated in a while, but the writers are still active on the thread so I didn't suggest the move.

Ones that can be deleted are Landros2012, @Piazzagirl1015 said that his save was corrupted and he lost the family

All by Myself the blog is gone

For the ones currently under the Hiatus list, I suggest they be deleted since I'm thinking it's highly unlikely that they will be back after all this time. If they do, we can re-add them to the active list. I know for some, like the ones by Minx, since she lost the saves those won't be continuing. When I click the links the pictures aren't even there any longer.

Now for other stuff. I did colorguard when I was younger too. hahaha back in high school. She wanted to join something but didn't feel she was the cheerleader type so I told her about guard. She has fallen in love with it. She also teaches at 2 schools which I think is funny since you can see she looks as younger as the high schoolers. Yay for the new card! You'll be back in business with your computer in no time. :)

@MischiefTheKitten you are totally to blame for my lack of writing. ;)

I'm behind on reading so need to get to that today I guess. We'll see how it goes. Happy Sunday everyone. :)
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

edited April 2016
    Thanks so much @jazen for your help!

I decided to only the delete the links that went to dead ends and created another list for discontinued stories. Many of them are still worth reading even if they'll never be updated.

everyone please take a look and let me know what you think :smiley:

*edit- does anyone have the scoop on @sweetnightingale ?
    @ELIROC your island story, is it going to be a Going Solo or something else? Is it something you're going to continue with? it's super cute!
    Vuneca wrote: »
    I decided to only the delete the links that went to dead ends and created another list for discontinued stories. Many of them are still worth reading even if they'll never be updated.

Thank you for doing this. :) I was going to recommend the same thing when I read jazen's post, since I know I at least am interested in reading some of them even if they have stopped updating.

@Vuneca page 1 looks good. With the discontinued list, at least people know the story won't be continuing if they decide to read anyway. :) Check your PM from me.

• NewToTheSimsNewToTheSims Posts: 1,160 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm alive! LOL. Sorry I haven't been around in this forum for months. I was starting to feel like I was being a broken record to myself LOL, what with the whole not updating anything in way too long. Writer's block is a huge witch with a b. LOL. But yeah... I hope you haven't all forgotten me, but if you have I wouldn't blame you in the slightest, I brought it upon myself. *sighs* XD Anyway, I wanted to drop in and say hi.

@Vuneca Hey lovely! I just got all your comments on Solace of Elysium, and I just now replied to them, even the ones you so kindly left me in January. :'( I am so sorry I haven't replied until now. LOL. It's not anything against you, I just haven't been to any of my blogs in a while.
    @french_vanilla13 @MischiefTheKitten Hey guys! *waves* How've you been?
    @jazen Ooh, did you say that you did some stuff with Retraction? I had bookmarked it shortly after I finished your Fiendish story.

Late Knight Simmer
    Hi everyone!

I need a desperate break from formatting, so I thought I'd pop in briefly :)

@KaytayRoall Lovely, thank you <3 It's an easy oversight :)

@jazen I'm behind on reading as well, but I'm hoping to catch up next week. Fingers crossed and knock on wood, the stress will be over next week. (dare I say this Friday?)

@Vuneca I second that, I was wondering about @sweetnightingale too! :)

@NewToTheSims HI!!!! *waves* It's good to see you pop in :) How have you been? Of course we haven't forgotten you! I was wondering where you've been just the other day ^^ I've been mostly stressed and rushed of my feet with my book, but I think there's an end in sight :) Until the prequel, anyway.

*sigh* Back to work!

~MischiefTheKitten

@NewToTheSims hiya! Always good to see you pop in. Glad you stopped by. :) I know the feeling on writer's block. I've suffered from lack of focus and motivation for a while now. :(

Not much has been done on Retraction. I was side tracked with other projects. First my book, then the current sim stories, and lately finishing off Kiss. It's done now and instead of picking up with Retraction or even going back to As Life Goes, I've actually dusted off the many layers of dust that had collected on book 2 and have been pecking away at trying to make some progress on it. :( It's going slow but it's going so that's progress. LOL Hope you continue to pop in even if you aren't ready to update. Just stop by and say hi. :)

@MischiefTheKitten I thought you'd finished the formatting for your book and were just waiting on the proof copy to come in.

edited April 2016
    Hi guys! I have an update for Solace of Elysium! Finally! LOL. Here it is below. Enjoy.

Chapter Seven: Reconnecting

@MischiefTheKitten *waves back* Heehee, I'm glad I haven't been forgotten. I'm still here, I just haven't done much, if any, writing, for anything lately. Yesterday was the first day in a while that I opened up Solace of Elysium again and I wrote a paragraph of the new chapter. Since I've gotten out of the habit of opening my game everyday, I thought, maybe I need to pick one day a week to dedicate to opening my game, that way I work on something a little bit every week. Sometimes I feel sad, like maybe my love for Sims had passed or something, but I don't really think that's the case, I think it's just a rut caused by writers block, compounded by this year's past seasonal depression. Ironically, I had bought Sims in 2013 to help curb seasonal depression, LOL, and it worked for a few years. Nice to hear you're doing well with your book, despite the stress it's causing you LOL. Hang in there, I'm sure all the work you put in will pay off when you see that shiny book you wrote sitting on a table somewhere in your house. :smiley: I read one more chapter in your Starbound story today.
    @jazen Hello. I wanted to thank you for those wellness checks you have sent me periodically over the few months I've been unmotivated. I'd hoped you hadn't given up on me coming back here LOL. It's nice to see you too. Aww, I hope your motivation and focus comes back soon too. I don't know what happened to mine, it was just like suddenly I didn't care anymore almost, but I know that was not the truth, it was more like an in the moment feeling that sort of just extended itself over a long time. I agree, slow, is still progress. Congratulations on finishing Kiss. It's exhilarating to finish a story. I know I felt that way with my Compound story. That is a good suggestion, I think I will come into this thread once a day just so I can stay current with chatting with you guys because I have missed it. I read your newest update for As Life Goes too.

Late Knight Simmer
    Post edited by NewToTheSims on
    edited April 2016
    uhh...

[img][/img]alabaster_zps5d8ihj2r.png

the bills went from 2k to 13 mil?? the game has lost it's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mind!

[img][/img]billz_zpssuh2mp8x.png

Post edited by Vuneca on
    @Vuneca Wow :O What happened there?

@NewToTheSims Sounds like it became a bit of a chore :/ I hope you can figure out something that works for you so you can enjoy your game again :) When I was younger I got so used to opening my game everyday I eventually did it out of habit, and then just stared at the screen wondering I actually wanted to play.

I saw your comment, thank you :) Hopefully I'll be able to reply to everyone over the next few weeks, I'm so behind!

@jazen No, not yet :) I'll request the proof tomorrow and then I'll do the eBook formatting next week :)

~MischiefTheKitten

@Vuneca Oh dear... a $13 million bill. That is not pleasant. Thank god for the motherlode option? LOL.

@MischiefTheKitten I have no idea what happened, to be quite honest. What I felt was suddenly uninspired and unmotivated, but it wasn't just towards Sims, it felt like everything went to the wayside. I opened my drafts a few times, try to write, get like two or three paragraphs written, but then nothing would sound good, which discouraged me, and cause me to close the draft for the day. Then I'd try again a different day, with the same result. My newest Going Solo chapter had the beginning rewritten probably over 7 times. My lack of opening my game was slightly different than what you went through. When I opened my game everyday, I know it's because I wanted to. The sudden drop off kind of freaked me out because I was like wait, what happened, and why have I not opened my game for 4 months? My mind is an enigma to me most days. It almost felt like a car battery dying, and then you turn the key, but nothing happens, just a sudden stop for no reason. Anyway, it seems to have resolved itself for the most part as I posted a Going Solo update finally, and then also managed to write an Echoes chapter as well. The Echoes one is not posted yet, it needs pictures still.

Late Knight Simmer
    @NewToTheSims IKR?! My whole house would have been repoed and they had 2 mil on hand!

That trillion simoleon stone was obviously a glitch and it disappeared when I reloaded the game...but the bills did not! But this fam is SUPER wealthy and I am ok with starting their savings over. I am on the 11th generation so...they have more than enough resources to recoup the loss.

I think that is by far the craziest glitch I have had so far!
    I've got no chapter for Joel or Sophia this week, but if you read my rainbowcy I've got a new chapter out for that! :)
    Next week I'll have something for Joel. I'm too eager to start Luca's story not to ^^

@Vuneca I'm worried to load my own game now :O None of my families are rich enough to cope with that bill!

@NewToTheSims The good news? First drafts are meant to suck ;) It's just you telling yourself the story, the magic happens in the edit!

~MischiefTheKitten

@NewToTheSims you're welcome. :) Just wanted to send little shout outs to make sure you were okay. People take breaks, we all have life outside of sims, but it's good to make sure nothing major is going on if we can. Sometimes things get to be overwhelming and that just sucks the life out of everything. It happens. Taking a step back to recharge other batteries is needed.

I've been pecking away at Not Broken. Not making much progress, but I'm making some so there's that. At least I'm looking at it again so that's a huge step in the right direction for me. Thanks, it was a bittersweet moment to finish Kiss. It was my first story ever and I can't believe it's done. It does feel good to have 2 completed stories under my belt now. :) Coming to chat is good. As you can see, it's not like the updates have been flowing from anyone really. They trickle in but still we chat outside of that. :) I saw your comment and I'll try to answer that today.

@Vuneca LOL wow! That is some bill you have there.

@MischiefTheKitten yay for proofs. I was so excited to get mine...until I realized I screwed it up. LOL Luckily I had someone that fixed it for me. :)

LOL a first draft??? What is that mythical thing you speak of??? I don't think I know the meaning of that word.

I still haven't gotten back to Matt yet. :( I actually have been trying to be good and focus on Not Broken for the NaNo thing. Only about 4000 words written, but it's 4000 more than I'd done in a year so I'll count that as a win. :) One more week of NaNo then I'm going to 'try' and put myself on a schedule to alternate between Not Broken and As Life Goes. We'll see how it goes.

Chapter 1.3 - Egypt

This might be my last update for a bit. The next one is going to require a bit of building, I think, and I'm going to be participating in a Gift Exchange over in the gift gathering forum, which will take up most of my play time for a while.

I'm still progressing with my reading. Got through @Vuneca's challenge and have made decent progress in @Piazzagirl1015's. I'm amazed at how all these stories have been interwoven, with character cross-overs left and right. :)
    When I started my story, I was surprised by the suspicion cast on the fairies I introduced, but now that I see how most NPC fairies have behaved in the extended Going Solo universe, I think I understand why. I'm also interested in what seems to be a tradition of doing bachelor(ette) challenges with extra side characters.
    Hello friends!

I'm currently in a different state visiting someone who is having a bridal shower today. I'm sharing a hotel with my two sisters and we are having lots of fun. I'm not sure how many people saw my update of Solace of Elysium, so I'll share the link in this post. Sorry if you have seen it already, but the reason I feel like it hadn't been seen is because instead of making a new forum post, I had edited my post since no one had posted since me, anyway. LOL. I'm rambling.

Solace of Elysium - Chapter Seven: Reconnecting

@Vuneca Thankfully that was just a glitch LOL, if that's how we had to play the Sims, that would just be wierd and awful. XD Eleven generations is super impressive! I don't think I've gotten that far with a Sim family yet.

@MischiefTheKitten Haha, yes, thank god for first drafts and rough drafts. I love seeing the progress come together as the chapter gets edited and fine tuned. I always have a feeling of accomplishment when I'm like, yes, this is it. It's perfect.

@jazen Woot! Looking at a project again definitely counts as progress. Good luck with the NaNoWriMo!

@KaytayRoall Hello, I've been here off and on since I started attempting the going solo challenge. My blog author name is LateKnightSimmer. It's nice to meet you. I'm still reading a lot of people's stories here too, I think I've finished two, Piazzagirls, and jazens. Currently I'm reading Mischief's. Have fun with your gift exchange event. :smiley:

LateKnightSimmer
    @NewToTheSims Hello and thank you for the welcome. It's a pleasure to meet you. :) I'll be sure to check out your story(/stories) once I get through the ones I'm currently reading.
  • raemariekraemariek Posts: 88 Member
    Just started reading your simlit, and I really like it. Would like to try the challenge in the future as well!
    Hello @raemariek ! I hope you enjoy the stories posted here :smiley: If you try the challenge yourself, I'd love to read about it!
    Vuneca wrote: »
    Hello @raemariek ! I hope you enjoy the stories posted here :smiley: If you try the challenge yourself, I'd love to read about it!

We all would! :D Here, have some traditional welcome cookies while you make yourself at home :) *hands cookies*

~MischiefTheKitten

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top