Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question On Merging Objects - dishes/kitchen cabinets.

February11February11 Posts: 12,640 Member
I wasn't sure where to post this so decided to start here.
I downloaded a house from the community and in the kitchen there were kitchen overhead cabinets which had a pile of plates showing. I went into build mode to see what the item was called by moving it, and it reverted to just an ordinary overhead cabinet without the pile of plates, so clicked the undo button to keep it as it was. It looks pretty good, so assume that the maker of this house merged the dishes with the cheat to place them there.
I cannot find any dishes. Anyone able to help with this.
The house has no cc, so the dishes have to be somewhere in build/buy.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• FloofjeFloofje Posts: 181 Member
    You have to turn off auto-counters in order to get different types of counters. When you go to the kitchen area of buy mode, you see that auto-counters is on. Just click on it to turn it off. Auto-counters only makes counters stick together, if I'm not mistaken.
    There's a YouTube video out there explaining exactly how you can do that.
  • WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    There are quite a few kitchen cabinets with plates in them. Try selecting the cabinet from the menu in build or buy mode. There will be a little wrench to the left of the color options. Click on that and look through those and you should find them. Good luck!
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,640 Member
    Here's a screenshot

Untitled.png
    upload image online free
    MLgj4Vx.png
    Wolffy wrote: »
    There are quite a few kitchen cabinets with plates in them. Try selecting the cabinet from the menu in build or buy mode. There will be a little wrench to the left of the color options. Click on that and look through those and you should find them. Good luck!

Just posted a picture as you posted. So there are see through cupboard doors, is that what you are saying?
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    > @February11 said:
    > Wolffy wrote: »
    >
    > There are quite a few kitchen cabinets with plates in them. Try selecting the cabinet from the menu in build or buy mode. There will be a little wrench to the left of the color options. Click on that and look through those and you should find them. Good luck!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Just posted a picture as you posted. So there are see through cupboard doors, is that what you are saying?

Yes, that's right. :) You can find them manually in build mode through the little wrench tool. As Floofje said, make sure you have auto counters turned off or the cabinet will automatically return to default.
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Wolffy wrote: »

Just posted a picture as you posted. So there are see through cupboard doors, is that what you are saying?

Yes, there are. You have to go to the section with overhead cabinets and if you click on the color options, where it pulls up the different types of cabinets you'll find a couple of them with glass doors that have plates and sometimes other kitcheny items in them.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    That particular type of cabinet looks like that with the dishes etc. Different cabinet types have other types of decoration/looks. So when you place those cabinets they just come with that clutter.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    Floofje wrote: »
    You have to turn off auto-counters in order to get different types of counters. When you go to the kitchen area of buy mode, you see that auto-counters is on. Just click on it to turn it off. Auto-counters only makes counters stick together, if I'm not mistaken.
    There's a YouTube video out there explaining exactly how you can do that.

Ahh, I missed your post. Thanks. I'll go and have a poke around.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    That particular type of cabinet looks like that with the dishes etc. Different cabinet types have other types of decoration/looks. So when you place those cabinets they just come with that clutter.

Thanks NZ.
    In fact thanks all of you. I can't believe I've never discovered this option.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    edited April 2016
    Okay, where's the wrench?
    Edit - Got it!

This has opened up a whole new world of kitchens to me.
    Does it apply to any other object, in any other room? I won't be able to fiddle now until Monday.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Just the kitchen cabinets, both the bench and overheads. There are some pretty cool round bench cabinets ends that allows you to make great looking and shaped kitchens though. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Only counters and cabinets atm. I guess they will do something similar if we get sectional seating back.
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Just the kitchen cabinets, both the bench and overheads. There are some pretty cool round bench cabinets ends that allows you to make great looking and shaped kitchens though. :)

Yes, I spotted some pretty nice round benches while I was looking through the gallery. I naturally thought they were all using cheats!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • johnrichardd99johnrichardd99 Posts: 1 New Member
    kitchen cabinets gives more beauty to kitchen and interior design.. i found some kitchen cabinet at search engine which are very best for kitchen interior design.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    Hi, thanks for adding your post ^^ I will be closing this from here to limit further necroing however :) If you'd like to know more on the Forum Guidelines or the necro posting rule in particular I've hyperlinked some informative threads.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top