Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    All of them! They all bring something to the table and I like being able to play without worrying about loosing my families...

And CAW! :lol:
    I am going to say that to and Rflongs worlds to they are awesome.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I can't live without Riverview or Twinbrook.

Once I downloaded a community lot from the exchange, but I didn't have the toilets used. The game replaced them with giant school bells! :D
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I like most of the worlds from the store and even the cc ones. I bought monte vista, and only played in a few times..gotta download it again. I do love beachy worlds like isla and sunlit tides..makes feel like im on a vacation.
    giphy.gif

• mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I really like the look of Monte Vista, but I feel like the build of the town is really inconvenient if you don't live in that middle...twirly bit.
  • SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    Sorry if this has been said before, but my favorite of the custom worlds is definitely Mayfield Springs.. it's just so perfect and really detailled.
    From the Store worlds I'd probably say my top 3 are Hidden Springs, Lucky Palms and Sunlit Tides (although if you have IP and Isla Paradiso it's not really "needed" anymore but it's still beautiful, plus it's not as much of a laggy mess as Isla Paradiso) :)
    And idk if you're asking about EP worlds too, but from the EP worlds the must haves in my opinion are Bridgeport and Appaloosa Plains :smiley:
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    I can't live without any of the worlds created by @Quailhogs and Nilxis. They are absolutely stunning for various reasons.
  • jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    I think it depends on what kind of game goals you have in mind.

For Building:
    I love the landscape and summer sunsets of Dragon Valley so I am re-imagining the buildings and updating characters to build an updated hip city.

For game play:
    The uni city is cool. I like updating the buildings to reflect my own uni buildings.
    Sunset Valley- tried and true (wish it had more flat land to build though)
    Moonstone.jpg

• SimmingWithStarsSimmingWithStars Posts: 439 Member
    My personal favourite is Sunset Valley I'm afraid! It's just so pretty and friendly and classic, plus there's a real sense of community there that I just don't get anywhere else. I've never bought any of the Store Worlds so I can't really speak for them, but I'd love to try Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs.

Does anyone know any Custom Worlds that require no CC and no DLC/Pack content? I have a slow laptop and usually play with about 2-3 EPs installed; I'm happy to place the lots that come with those packs myself. Thanks! :)
    Currently doing one of the following:
      - Eating - Sleeping - Simming - Reading - Watching 90s Sitcoms - Drinking tea - Wearing socks.
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    My personal favourite is Sunset Valley I'm afraid! It's just so pretty and friendly and classic, plus there's a real sense of community there that I just don't get anywhere else. I've never bought any of the Store Worlds so I can't really speak for them, but I'd love to try Sunlit Tides and Hidden Springs.

Does anyone know any Custom Worlds that require no CC and no DLC/Pack content? I have a slow laptop and usually play with about 2-3 EPs installed; I'm happy to place the lots that come with those packs myself. Thanks! :)

Meadow Glen by My Sim Realty (http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_MeadowGlenUpdated.html) is nice. You can get a base game version, plus she has EP specific lots you can download & place if you like.
    Firby nurbs!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got links on my blog to a bundle which includes my first CAW project called Gibsons which is base game only required and I use it for one of my own legacies.I would also use @Rflong7's Glenvale County because it's also a great legacy world.I've got winter in the legacy I play there and they've been living through a blizzard there right now in the winter of 1662.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Store worlds would be Sunlit Tides and Dragon Valley....and Monte Vista and Aurora Skies...and..OK, all of them :D They all add something to my game that I can't do without but I play in Sunlit Tides and Dragon Valley the most out of all of them.

I have quite a list of CC worlds:

Salmon Woods and Plum Grove by MySimRealty

Agasias Isle by Angela Ester

Matkooskee and Great Bear by Johnnywyr

Holly Harbor by Chase (redo of @Rflong7 Dark Harbor)

Mountain Lake by @Rflong7

I have a bunch of custom worlds that I'm still going through but these are my favorites, so far. I'm sure I will add to it as I play more and more ;)
  • ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    My favourite store world is Hidden Springs although I quite enjoy Bridgeport too. I think that Isla Paradiso is gorgeous but it's such a faff straightening it all out that I often can't be bothered.

I'm currently playing a legacy family on Legacy Island III which is fab - a bit of everything and so nice to have a blank world that I can place all the stuff I've bought in. I liked Union Cove too but I got the dreaded error 12 with that one.
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    > @Swiftlover13 said:
    > I can't live without Riverview or Twinbrook.
    >
    > Once I downloaded a community lot from the exchange, but I didn't have the toilets used. The game replaced them with giant school bells! :D

hahahahahaha :D
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • stepbot153stepbot153 Posts: 284 Member
    edited January 2017
    Anyway since I cannot edit my comment, I am still getting used to the sims 3 but I really like sunset valley so far :D
    Post edited by stepbot153 on
    C6y3sJN.jpg
    My wishlist [x]
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I enjoy Sunset Valley and tend to play there almost always. Sunlit Tides is a nice world to visit. @deadhaus123 finished a "Sunlit Tides Revisited" world (something from every EP). He had to go back and re-pack it since a couple items (few houses, the cruise ship, etc.) didn't show up. It should be back up soon. :wink:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • ScotsimScotsim Posts: 98 Member
    My favourite EA world is Isla Paradiso - despite all the hassle getting it playable, it's just so beautiful. Hidden Springs is a nice world too and much better for a quick run through a family or scenario.

For player made I'm currently using Legacy Island III by @Rflong7 which is fantastic and hasn't (touch wood) given me any problems at all so far despite being on the fifth generation of a legacy and having lots of houses and townies filling all the lots.
    Nothing to say for myself... as usual.
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    For me favorite would be, bridgeport. I love the city atmosphere and the club's and grungy but beautiful scenery. Another favorite for me would be moonlight falls because it is great for family's and a little eriee. For player made worlds I love los anigeos. It looks like like los Angeles. My dream would be to recreate long beach California with the queen mary ship too. My caw skills aren't so great but I might give it a try.
  • Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    Oh, where do I start? I really believe that each world has its charms. But the ones that I seem to keep going back to play are Sunset Valley, Lucky Palms, Midnight Hollow, Roaring Heights, and Lunar Lakes. There something about Lunar Lakes that intrigues me. And that's where I'm currently playing.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    Been loving this thread so far, folks! Keep it up!

I've downloaded a lot of the worlds that have been mentioned here and BOY AM I HAPPY! But, as a reminder, if there is CC necessary in order to have the world work or function properly or if the world absolutely requires any store items, please be sure to mention it in your post!
  • imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    I could not live without Dragon Valley. I'm a big fantasy fan and it's perfect for what I like to do. Of course as my user name suggests I love my dragons!
  • MallymaksMallymaks Posts: 133 Member
    My favorite in game world has to be either Bridgeport or Isla Paradiso(although the glitches are headache inducing lol). I love the cityscape and the apartment/condos. Isla Paradiso is beautiful for obvious reasons and I love the tropical feel for it, so many pretty pictures you can take.

As for store worlds I love Sunlit Tides and Dragon Valley. Sunlit Tides is my all time favorite world because I just find it absolutely gorgeous and it was the first tropical world I played in. I thought it was super gorgeous as well and I actually have a LetsPlay taking place in Sunlit Tides atm. Dragon Valley was really cool that old english style feel and the Dragons was a super cute touch! :3

As for my faveorite custon worlds I love love love Legacy Island lll and have another LP in that world, it has everything I need and the different sections in the world is really well incorporated. I also really love that they have places from the Sims2 neighborhoods as well as families from it.

Another favorite is Suva Duva Resort, it's literally the most beautiful custom world I've ever seen. It's so gorgeous and if you have the travelors mod you can use it as a vacation world, it's definitely worth the download! I would post pictures but I am stil a new member but if you want to check out the link you should!(http (nilxisdesigns.blogspot.ca/2013/08/suvadiva-resort.html)
    Another CC world that I really like is Los Angelos by Casterboi, it's super cool and I find it has really cool niches in it! >> thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7975351
  • MerrySardMerrySard Posts: 97 Member
    Since I started playing 3 again I have played a bit of Isla Paradiso, Moonlight Falls, Dragon Valley, a little in good old Sunset Valley, and Midnight Hollow. I really like Dragon Valley, Aurora Skies and Midnight Falls, and I feel because they and Isla Paradiso are later towns they were built with a lot of space for the community lots of the various expansions.

I have not played any CC worlds beside Builder's Island for the sake of building space, but a couple brought up here sound good if I feel like fielding another couple of sims in their own towns.

But you know what I feel I am liking the best? Oasis Landing. The only downside it has is no grocer, but if I am mindful to pack a pile of good produce in my sim's storage box, then I can buy them a future house and set up their own garden and invest in a Plumbot with the gardening trait chip to tend to it (plus I am a huge fan of the gardening Gnome too). One thing, I love the rugs that allow for indoor and balcony gardening that came in ITF, as they put an end to needing "moveobjects on" to get plants indoors, which in turn puts an end to the incomplete building moodlet if you build a greenhouse without a floor.

(And again my obsession with gardening in the Sims comes up.)
  • fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    I just bought Lucky Palms and Late Night (my last expansion pack) Love both those towns!! They're my favorite so far!! Lucky palms is my first store world!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top