Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant and Seating?

I am excited about any and all new TS4 content, so getting the teaser trailer today is great! Of course there's all particular content people want, but the thing I love most about these forums is getting to share joy over sims together since in real life I don't know people who play.

Anyway, my main concern with the restaurant pack (though exciting, more date options!!) is the whole seating issue. Currently, at home or out wherever, sims sit and eat but whenever you have them talk to their date or kid they get up and awkwardly play musical chairs and shift seats a million times rather than simply sitting, eating, and talking. I didn't used to have this issue but it started at some point I guess.

Do you think this will be fixed within the restaurant pack? I would hate to have sims out to eat and every time they speak to get up and try to switch spots at the table xD

Otherwise I think it would be really cool - it's nice to have another date option and I can already imagine the different food places like bistros, sushi, greasy diner, fancy restaurants, etc.
Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
ltx83WK.png

Comments

• Options
    thodges24134thodges24134 Posts: 268 Member
    I really hope they fix the musical chairs issue. Not likely but we can hope right?!
    "Life is too short to be serious all the time. So, if you can’t laugh at yourself, call me… I’ll laugh at you! " :D
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I'm partly worried about this and the time it takes Sims to eat. I know people don't go in and out of a restaurant in 10 minutes, but sometimes the amount of time it takes to eat is crazy, especially when there's multiple Sims (like a family)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I also hope that they can do something about group conversations that just happen. Its hard to have a private date or moment because The Trudgers always barge in to chat.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I totally agree! I noticed it takes a long time for my whole family to eat as well, it would be nice if that sped up a little. I can never get them to finish a meal before leaving the house xD
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    I know. Hopefully, it will be fixed. Currently, I had a mod that disable/minimize musical chairs.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I kind of hope they tie in the whole seating, ordering, serving ect together in some way that your couple or group stays together. I'd rather have some restrictions there than have them free roaming...
    I am excited for the pack but admittedly a little nervous about it working without bugs.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I agree, bugs are a definite concern. I'd really like the option to either dine out on a date and make sure others don't join, or have a family outing. It would also be cool for a club or group of friends to go - like a bunch of teens could go out to eat before prom or have a double date or something.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    It doesn't take sims that long to eat. Its never bothered me anyway. The musical chairs worries me though as that is still an issue but doesnt seem to be as bad as it used to be.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    That's probably why the game pack is delayed. (Or at least such a long time since the last pack.) They are working out all the bugs.
  • Options
    That's true, hopefully they are working them out ahead of time.

And my sims tend to take 2 sim hours or so to eat, sometimes a little less but usually I don't even have time for them to eat in an hour before school or work because it takes longer and they're late.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    SimsFanatic2688SimsFanatic2688 Posts: 222 Member
    That's true, hopefully they are working them out ahead of time.

And my sims tend to take 2 sim hours or so to eat, sometimes a little less but usually I don't even have time for them to eat in an hour before school or work because it takes longer and they're late.

Thats really odd my sims never take that long...
  • Options
    Really? That's so weird, I don't think there's anything in my game to make it take them longer than it otherwise would. I just assumed everyone ran into the long meals.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    They don't take too long by themselves, but when I have bigger groups they take a while. They take long pauses between each bite to talk, which can go on for a while, I eventually got a mod for it. Maybe they'll tweak the time it takes in the next patch.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Yeah maybe that's my problem since it's always the big family of 6 together. If I have them alone it might be better and take less time. I hope this is adjusted too - if going out to eat it'd be really nice to choose the length of time for a meal. Some people might rush and eat quick but it could be nice to have a longer dinner date too.
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I'm hoping the Sims will be sort of tethered to the table for the entire meal and that random wandering isn't a thing so they won't be disturbed.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    Me too!
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I'm hoping the Sims will be sort of tethered to the table for the entire meal and that random wandering isn't a thing so they won't be disturbed.

^ I was thinking this, too. Like how watching movies is done, they usually sit in one place and finish the action and don't get distracted by random conversations and other sims wanting hugs, lol!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I don't believe it will be fixed. If this is real then I think you will have to use a very specific table and chairs to get them to sit still and eat and then leave, but there may be a few bhavs tied to the table (like the crib) to do particular things at that particular table like toast, (which is already in the game) and or hold hands or something, (caress hand). But I think the wanting to move closer to a Sim is here to stay and very annoying indeed, and why you may see you have to use a particular table with bhavs tied to it specifically for restaurant service. If they do get served.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe, if push comes to shove, I could create a restaurant that has private dining rooms for each group. Then, when they go out to eat, they sit at a table in a private room, I remove any extra chairs, and lock the door to the room but allow employees so the waiter can come and go. It seams like a lot of work, but my sims are worth it.
  • Options
    chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    I wonder if they will be creative enough that somehow this pack will do something like a "Get To Work" thing with the culinary career. I know the possibility of that happens is low.
  • Options
    I think it has been hinted we may need cooking skills and the only reason for that would be so our Sim could cook the food right? I wonder. Maybe, it's like TS3's stove...I don't know I don't want to speculate too much and feel let down when they actually reveal it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Unless we hire other sims to be the chef, so we would want them to have high skill levels.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't have the Musical Chairs problem in my game? If you have too many chairs in a household, just remove the unnecessary chairs and leave there as many chairs as there are Sims in the household. I think that could help ;)
  • Options
    thankucatgodthankucatgod Posts: 398 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who doesn't have the Musical Chairs problem in my game? If you have too many chairs in a household, just remove the unnecessary chairs and leave there as many chairs as there are Sims in the household. I think that could help ;)

I don't really have problems with it, but I take steps to avoid it. I had a family with color coordinated chairs. I added another chair for my sims boyfriend, and I would remove it when he wasn't there so they wouldn't try to sit in his chair. They never left the table itself, either.
  • Options
    I shouldn't have to redecorate to fix a multitasking problem. It's their obsessive need to sit when talking (Per gurus they prefer to sit in this game) so they are going to move around. I could kill them all.