Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the frig, SimGuruDrake?

Comments

• jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    Look at it as if it is the new version of a flyer that used to come in the cd box. They were only a quick glance as to what is to come.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I think we're still getting the big announcement trailers. This was more like the pre-trailer I guess.
    I will agree about the incompleteness though...I think The Sims is the only game I play where I feel like I have to get the DLC to keep having fun. I think I'd have gone crazy if I was still playing base game Sims 4 now :p
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    -shrug- They still haven't given squat. And I am not whining. I am be honest on how I feel. And I maybe be one person voicing things that is not in a unicorn, happy, happy, rainbows and bows. But I am not alone in my thoughts.

When you settle for just ok, you will continue to get just ok...
    One good thing in all this. At least you are being honest. Because nobody likes a liar. And you are more than welcome to voice your opinion here. But from where I was coming from with the whole being thankful bit is that I have been a member of this community for many years. And over the years I have seen many people complain about the news because it wasn't what they wanted to hear. And hardly any of them even thank the SimGurus for giving them any news at all. It's all about being respectful, I'm a highly respectful person. And that was do to the fact that I was raised that way. And thanking someone for something that they have given you, even if if it isn't what you wanted or wanted to hear is being respectful to them. And that's the whole point of being thankful for what was given to you. :)

• TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    I think the problem is that there was too much build up and not enough announcement. I'm rarely here anymore nor do I spend much time at any other Sims site or blog yet I knew there was going to be a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today. I come shuffling over to see what all the fuss is about and I get a 15 second clip with no information. For this I made a note to check out the forums and whatnot?
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I actually can't deal with some of you guys. Alot of you whine and complain about the lack of transparency and say things like "I miss when we would know the theme!"

Now we know the theme for the next game pack AND stuff pack yet alot of you still complain.

Toddlers were never removed sorry, you guys are the toddlers.

I thought being a sim guru would be a dream job but after watching how half of the people on here act like spoiled children makes me think twice about that. Sorry, not censoring myself. I think it's crazy how people complain about lack of information and it's delivered and it's not good enough.

Your incapability to read the forums without having a meltdown is your fault for generalizing everyone.

Personally, I'm happy we get news in a new format now, but I am very disappointed with the news we have actually received, or in other words, the themes themselves.

Did I say everyone? I bolded the part where I mentioned people, please tell me where I'm generalizing everyone.

Sorry but if you're happy we're getting news then my post was NOT directed towards you. You can be upset about the theme all you want, that is your right and your opinion as a customer and I respect it.

My post is dedicated to the people who had been complaining for teasers and updates to information and are still upset that we're getting it now.
    Post edited by Zeldaboy180 on
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I think the problem is that there was too much build up and not enough announcement. I'm rarely here anymore nor do I spend much time at any other Sims site or blog yet I knew there was going to be a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT today. I come shuffling over to see what all the fuss is about and I get a 15 second clip with no information. For this I made a note to check out the forums and whatnot?

Well..it was simmers who said it was a BIG announcement, simgurudrake just told us that she had some info for us. As usual the hype train ran full speed away from the station :/
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    edited April 2016
    The reaction from the community to this release is beyond pathetic. I'm really disappointed in you guys, not on the announcement. A few days ago, on the news drought, a LOT of people were cherishing the good old days of The Sims 2, when we would recieve a flyer with an image and title of the next expansion. Now we get basically that for two packs, and there are disappointed people saying they give up, that there is STILL a news drought somehow... What did you guys expect? That's exactly what SimGuruDrake said we would get. And this will be recurring, so we'll never be in the dark again. Now we KNOW FOR CERTAIN there is a restaurant game pack coming, and a kids stuff pack coming, which we would not know about if the community didn't ask for exactly what we got! Across the board this generated disappointment and a lack of faith in the team, somehow it made things worse? What the actual plum?

This

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who gets pleasently surprised with every new announcement. More stuff! Ever since I saw the teaser, all I wanna do is talk about all the possibilities either pack will bring. More things for kids to do in kid clubs. More venues to visit. A possible restaraunt to own/work at like in retail. Maybe even an active career as a waiter or cook. That's what I first think of.

Thanks to any/all the gurus who put this together. I certainly appreciate it. :) Even if it all doesn't come out for awhile, it's still fun to speculate.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    .. has the community really degraded itself now to calling one another toddlers?
    Yeah I don't get it either. I guess some can't read forum rules. :/ Makes me really disappointed in the community and to call myself a Simmer when I read things like that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

Well..it was simmers who said it was a BIG announcement, simgurudrake just told us that she had some info for us. As usual the hype train ran full speed away from the station :/

Didn't I see a thread from SimGuruDrake letting us know that there would an announcement? Maybe something else about how they would not be discussing toddlers?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited April 2016
    The reaction from the community to this release is beyond pathetic. I'm really disappointed in you guys, not on the announcement. A few days ago, on the news drought, a LOT of people were cherishing the good old days of The Sims 2, when we would recieve a flyer with an image and title of the next expansion. Now we get basically that for two packs, and there are disappointed people saying they give up, that there is STILL a news drought somehow... What did you guys expect? That's exactly what SimGuruDrake said we would get. And this will be recurring, so we'll never be in the dark again. Now we KNOW FOR CERTAIN there is a restaurant game pack coming, and a kids stuff pack coming, which we would not know about if the community didn't ask for exactly what we got! Across the board this generated disappointment and a lack of faith in the team, somehow it made things worse? What the actual plum?

Well said.

I don't know if it's worth pointing out, but the people who post here cover a huge age range, and it's just possible that there's a connection. Without wishing to insult anyone, please believe me - that's not my intention, but the younger you are, the less able you are to see things from another's perspective (in this case, the perspective of everyone involved in making and announcing the sims 4) - the emotional insight and empathy that enables you to see things from another's point of view takes a while to develop. I thinks it's called emotional perception.

I believe I'm correct in saying we've got a lot of teenagers and younger here, hence the rules like not swearing and so on. When I was a teen, I found it very difficult to see things from another's point of view because I hadn't developed the ability yet.

It's just a theory as to why we're getting such varying reactions to the new announcement, and that's all it is; a theory. Just because I've theorised it doesn't mean it's true. I hope I haven't offended anyone. If I have I'm sorry.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited April 2016
    Didn't I see a thread from SimGuruDrake letting us know that there would an announcement? Maybe something else about how they would not be discussing toddlers?
    She never made a specific thread for it, I don't think. I know she made a post saying that they plan to show us what's coming in the next couple months. The thread claiming it'd be a huge announcement was made by someone else, and seems to be what raised a lot of hopes.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • JCsS1MSJCsS1MS Posts: 1,148 Member
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @simgurudrake

Is the 15 second video all you were talking about in terms of today's announcement and opening the lines of communication?

Where is the rest? I was expecting a big blog post showing some of what is to come (with, of course, lots of details kept as a surprise) as well as some of the thinking behind the decisions that have been made, future plans, and what our feedback means to the development team.

If that is it.... I am so disappointed. :(

While this is more communication than what we've been receiving, I am disappointed as well. I was hoping that they would be working on something big after the months of no announcements & silence. I will probably not purchase the restaurant game pack but I 'might' buy the kids stuff pack depending on how much stuff is in it.

klovesjen wrote: »
    @simgurudrake

Is the 15 second video all you were talking about in terms of today's announcement and opening the lines of communication?

Where is the rest? I was expecting a big blog post showing some of what is to come (with, of course, lots of details kept as a surprise) as well as some of the thinking behind the decisions that have been made, future plans, and what our feedback means to the development team.

If that is it.... I am so disappointed. :(

Hello klovesjen,

What was provided is exactly what I said it would be, a look at things to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months.

This is not meant to replace our usual pack announcements (which provide the title, the release date, and deep dives into some of the content found in the pack). These seasonal teaser videos are meant to show you a look ahead for 2-3 months so that you know what type of pack, what the theme of the pack is, and around when to expect to get deep dives into information.

I never promised a blog nor some intense deep dive. What was given is exactly what I stated.

I feel bad for the Gurus having to come and defend themselves. It's not their fault that EA has decided to keep us in the dark on all things Sims. At least they've listened to our numerous pleas for information. After the length of time waiting for new content and some news on the game I'm kind of disappointed it wasn't an expansion or toddlers. I'm disappointed in EA. I'm sure the Gurus have wanted to tell us everything they've been working on but have been shushed.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    She never made a specific thread for it, I don't think. I know she made a post saying that they plan to show us what's coming in the next couple months. The thread claiming it'd be a huge announcement was made by someone else, and seems to be what raised a lot of hopes.

*nods* yep, that's exactly what happened.

BabySquare wrote: »

Well said.

I don't know if it's worth pointing out, but the people who post here cover a huge age range, and it's just possible that there's a connection. Without wishing to insult anyone, please believe me - that's not my intention, but the younger you are, the less able you are to see things from another's perspective (in this case, the perspective of everyone involved in making and announcing the sims 4) - the emotional insight and empathy that enables you to see things from another's point of view takes a while to develop. I thinks it's called emotional perception.

I believe I'm correct in saying we've got a lot of teenagers and younger here, hence the rules like not swearing and so on. When I was a teen, I found it very difficult to see things from another's point of view because I hadn't developed the ability yet.

It's just a theory as to why we're getting such varying reactions to the new announcement, and that's all it is; a theory. Just because I've theorised it doesn't mean it's true. I hope I haven't offended anyone. If I have I'm sorry.

I agree and have made the same point before. :)

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Well, since we already knew what the theme of the newest game pack was going to be, why is anyone surprised it isn't something different? We placed high expectations on what would actually be said about the game pack today, and now some are disappointed their expectations were not met. We wanted news and we got news. A restaurant-themed game pack and a stuff pack with stuff for kids will be coming.

We have been ranting and raving for weeks about no news coming about future content. Then we do get a tiny bit of news and now some folks are ranting and raving because it wasn't enough. I didn't care about a lengthy video or an in-depth walkthrough; I simply wanted to see a snippet of new info from EA/Maxis. I am not overwhelmed by the video but it is clear about what is coming next. It's what we were asking for all these weeks.

It is sad the eagerly awaited news we got today has sent some people into yet another tailspin and the forum is blowing up again. I guess some people will never be happy no matter what the gurus tell us. Lowering expectations and accepting the fact that high expectations are the cause of one's personal unhappiness can go a long way in helping all of us find a happy place. And being unhappy and angry definitely has an impact on one's life in general. Relax and just breath. It's all going to be okay.
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    We've asked them to reveal the next gp and they have, what's more we have the next sp theme too. I'm the first to complain on these forums and usually in these situations but they have done this as a gesture because we have continuously said we are tired of waiting and not knowing what we are waiting for. Now we do, ok so we don't know specifics but don't look a gift horse in the mouth, all the same. It's better than nothing.

Of course I plan on buying 0% of it unless it contains toddlers but that's for another thread.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    To be 100% honest, I'm a bit disappointed that we only received a less than 30 second video that mainly featured a restaurant pack that was pretty much already confirmed. A part of me was hoping for actual new information about upcoming multiple EPs, GPs, and SPs... guess that's my fault for getting my hopes up.

Well... I guess this is better than nothing. :/
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

The hype train did indeed take off from the station at full throttle! I'm amaze that who ever was driving the hype train this didn't shove that throttle right through the panel that's in front of them. By the way that they have shoved the hype train into high gear.

• lillyfoxlillyfox Posts: 21 Member
    What's most upsetting is there are so many people who think they have a right to tell other people how they SHOULD feel. People feel what they feel. It's not right or wrong. Telling people that they are wrong to feel a certain way, only makes them hold on stronger. It's basic psychology 101.
  • rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    It's not @SimGuruDrake 's fault... Idk why everyone is blaming her, or the other gurus, I'm sure this hush-hush policy isn't their choice.
  • lillyfoxlillyfox Posts: 21 Member
    > @rjhenn14 said:
    > It's not @SimGuruDrake 's fault... Idk why everyone is blaming her, or the other gurus, I'm sure this hush-hush policy isn't their choice.

Everyone is not blaming the gurus.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @BabySquare not all younger people are like that. I'm one of the younger ppl here and I can see peoples perspectives unless u meant in general which I kinda true. I do think people r dissapointed with only the amount we got but we got somethin and that's all that matters
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    rjhenn14 wrote: »
    It's not @SimGuruDrake 's fault... Idk why everyone is blaming her, or the other gurus, I'm sure this hush-hush policy isn't their choice.
    The Hush/Hush is not something that a team video game developers would do, especially if that team is very eager to share what they are working on for the game with the players. That would absolutely make no sense at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top