Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

User interface for the sims 2 / MOD IN PROGRESS

MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 2
WARNING
( IF YOU ARE USING THIS MOD GO TO YOUR GRAPHIC SETTINGS , AND MAKE SURE THE UI TRANSPARENCY IS TURNED ON OR YOU WILL EXPERIENCE SOME HEAVY GRAPHICAL GLITCH. )

fl91jn.png
x0whlh.png
b8ofn8.png
14314yg.png
j78cps.jpg
htxyxv.png
1zvq1sn.png
qz412p.png
24vpuf5.png
1zn357t.png
28lxab6.png
ok97ht.png
33cw4rs.png
2v150rq.png
2cp9g1x.png
ja7zw4.png
1jx9bs.png
vdhjrt.png

CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD ALPHA 1.4 Xtreme edition
To install; simply add the downloaded isimplified.package file to your mod folder and start your game , dont forget turn on the UI transparency in your graphic setting or you will experience some heavy graphical glitch. History
1.3 to 1.4
  • Many bugs fix within pets live mode and enhancement of their panels
  • Many bugs fix within sims live mode and enhancement of their relationship, skills & carrers, simology and reward panels
  • The time speed controller has been redesign to fit the theme
  • Many touch up and optimization has been done such as jagged edge being smoothin out and colors enhancement in many parts of the new UI.
  • Build and buy mode are currently being polished and bug free inspected.
  • The notification window and bar in live mode have been redesigned to fit in with the new design.
  • A completely compatible base game version is being worked on and should be soon released.
1.0 to 1.3
  • The world selection menu along with the in game manage your world has been slightly upgraded
  • The live , buy and build mode has received a complete make over
  • The action wheel has been also completely redesigned!
  • Pop up windows and messages is now properly designed to fit in with the new theme <3
  • The new UI will now display correctly whether you have pets or not in your household
  • The new UI should now display correctly regardless which expansion/stuff packs you have installed
  • This version is safe enough to use daily. It should not conflict with any other mods
  • The overall design is still under investigation and certain things are subject to changes
  • C.A.S ( create a sims ) menu is a complete mess. I will work on this part of the mod soon or later
  • Expect to run into area of the UI that remains untouched or messed up, but it will not prevent you to play normally until we fix it or designed it correctly
  • Do not forget this is still an early version. At the moment id say it is 60% done and it is now very stable ... more than it ever did before
Side notes
  • Max motive mod
    - What the max motives mod does is once a need is fill up to 100% the bar within the UI turns white for a few second instead of just staying green so its some kind of visual warning to let the player know whats full and whats not.. Pretty much like the aspiration and motivation bar when their maxed out..I think it just suits the rest of maxis design.
  • Seasons in color mod
    - Have you ever become bored with the boring, plain-old green color that would light up whenever it changes to any season? Now what this mod does is that it replaces the Seasons icons in the game, with colorized ones!
  • Known issues
    - An issue has been reported from a user playing with only the base game. It has being said the the reward panel is not fully accessible. This issue is currently being looked at
Post edited by Maglxisback on

Comments

• MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2016
    :) hope you guys enjoy!
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I like it! It's a fresh update to an aging game.

---I haven't played this game in a while and I keep thinking to myself...oh such and such isn't in this game. That wasn't even around back then. LOL!
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    You have Stonehenge! How cool! Love it!

I think its within the game available to everyone to put into your neighborhood, in deco section checkit out

I think its within the game available to everyone to put into your neighborhood, in deco section checkit out

On the base game? I've never seen it.
    oh that im not sure
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Maglxisback

That looks all modernized and awesome :)
    edited April 2016
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Maglxisback

That looks all modernized and awesome :)

Thank you!!
    I have been working 2 hours more this morning this preview is how mostly what it will look in game ! still got many things to fix but its coming along pretty well :)
  • Imagamerkitty12Imagamerkitty12 Posts: 111 Member
    This Looks Amazing :)
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Great job!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    notice of the edge of the clock background is blurry a bit. this wont stay I just took the screenshot after noticing it :wink:
    @Maglxisback

Thanks for sharing this but before I download I just wanted to make sure it wont interfere with a seasons object I use in game to change the season and length of time of season?

OK, I'm very confused. I see a Nanny in your control panel. How are you able to control a nanny?
    I made her move in within my family :) hehe
    @Maglxisback

Thanks for sharing this but before I download I just wanted to make sure it wont interfere with a seasons object I use in game to change the season and length of time of season?
    Dont worry it shouldnt be a problem these will just change colors as you change seasons no matter the length.
    edited April 2016
    Well i spent another 5h trying to design the buy and build mode ... Id say i aint very far but im not sure yet maybe im gonna have to revamp those two menus and good god they are hard to design !!! Oh and sooo wierd because simpe has crashed and the colored seasons icon got removed somehow lol and i had to start a few step over anyway what a night hopefully tomorrow i will get those right !!! Bye everyone <3
    I made her move in within my family :) hehe
    @Maglxisback

Dont worry it shouldnt be a problem these will just change colors as you change seasons no matter the length.

That's possible? Really?
    @Maglxisback

• Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @Maglxisback

It won't. Those are 2 completely different game mechanics. Changing the UI has nothing to do with how you play the game.
    @Maglxisback & @Mstybl95

Thanks for that confirmation info off to give it a try :) oh and the redesign of build/buy mode would also be awesome she says not having a clue what is must take to make it happen :)
    edited April 2016
    ok im trying really really hard to get THIS right and its so easy to get CONFUSED with all those hundreds of different pieces, layers colortones, randomcrashe, copypaste files,pictures replace, extract, corruptedsaves, restored backups and oh ya almost forgot to get to the point with all this PlUUum­! :sweat:
    2wp5f8x.pngso what do you guys think? Me I like the transparency in build and buy mode cause well we just have an better overall view :blush:
    It looks nice. But I guess I don't really understand what it is you're doing with all this stuff.
    Well i have redone the build mode menu. Re designed it if you carefully look where are the tools in the menu hammer etc look how I removed the background behind, same with where we can see the floors to buy. The background nhas been strip down and the transparency is a bit morw obvious compare to the original UI
    @Maglxisback

I love the modern fresh look of everything you are doing, I agree with your point of view regards transparency it looks great and while I would also be willing to download this when you are finished I have yet to get the other download working in my game lol

I placed it in my downloads folder and nothing is happening so am assuming I did something wrong somewhere :)

Well i have redone the build mode menu. Re designed it if you carefully look where are the tools in the menu hammer etc look how I removed the background behind, same with where we can see the floors to buy. The background nhas been strip down and the transparency is a bit morw obvious compare to the original UI

Oh, OK, I see. I'm not against anything you're doing, I just wasn't understanding what you were doing, lol. I do see that you have a LOT more stone patterns available than I have! And wall angles!