Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Countdown To The Big Tuesday Info Drop (Out Now)!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    SimGuruLyndsay and/or Drake, are you going to add this teaser to the Media section so it's easy to find?

It's in the news.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Thanks Sigzy!
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    I think this is great news, restaurants and more stuff for kids! Things I've been wanting. The trailer just went to fast for me and I didn't catch much.
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Probably a bunch of CAS items for kids and some new toys. Why are they adding a monster under the bed when there's a million realistic things they could have added. Swing, slide, roundabout, bikes etc. I hate the direction they are taking the game.
  • Options
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Probably a bunch of CAS items for kids and some new toys. Why are they adding a monster under the bed when there's a million realistic things they could have added. Swing, slide, roundabout, bikes etc. I hate the direction they are taking the game.

????
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Really surprised by the lack of announcement. So restaurant GP and a child's stuff pack? Oh you know tho I made another post in another thread about if this "space between releases" is due to massive free upgrades coming to the game shortly, they may have a child's stuff pack theme to add to the toddlers that might come *AFTER* these releases.

Really disappointed about no word on toddlers. We saw what happen with SimCity when EA shut down lines of communication. I feels so seperated from the team it's nothing like the Sims 3 era at all. Like drastic shift. It's hard to believe.

I'm sure the packs will be great tho. They have done a really great job IMO with the game packs.

And I'm really surprised they didn't announce EP3 - like really surprised. LOL I suppose that will be the summer release?

I still feel toddlers are being developed. They're so off schedule. LOL EP's have always been like Spring and Fall. almost always - I suppose that streak fell apart 2012 the year of 3 EP releases.

And I suppose I'm just surprised at all of this! I just realized if GP3 is next, why just a short animation image of a feature? I don't understand the hus hush hush. They had content down our throats monthly with the Sims 3 store. LOL
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    @Sigzy05 I agree, it's like they trying real hard to make the game worse, they need competition...that's what they need...good old competition would whip them into shape....when your the only game, and nobodies making a better kick butt version they tend to get lazy....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »

Instead of a children's stuff pack.. why Isn't there a toddler stuff pack being released? Sometimes I can't believe I can't take my mind off this game.. omg..
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Didn't a voice actor say they recorded monsters? Could it be the squid under the bed? Maybe this bed monster is more active and has sound.
  • Options
    mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Jesf8312 wrote: »
    Is it weird that I'm excited about the new icons?

Screenshot_2016-04-19-12-14-47_zpsx9iqvcnr.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Screenshot_2016-04-19-12-14-13_zpstrpelzas.png?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

Not at all! I always love seeing the new icons, and these two are especially cute! :blush:

I hope that kids can play with that orange monster and he isn't clutter.
  • Options
    Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I was expecting more than this.. An expansion pack with a great theme. I am disappointed. In a few moths the game is going to be two years old and it is missing a lot of features that we had in previous versions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9gz-qXmXnk&feature=share
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    This news got a lot of people like
    oosIT.gif

I didn't expect much out of it and from the looks of it that was exactly the case.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    allieb312allieb312 Posts: 305 Member
    We'll be getting a patch Thursday to replace the spring challenge.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    Screenshot_64.png
    I hope we'll be getting a new kids furniture set to go with those other items. Cos that would be a major let-down if they went to all that trouble and didn't even provide an entire set, ie. new bed, dresser, art table etc.

THIS! We need a kids furniture set!

A kids pool would be nice.
  • Options
    FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Didn't a voice actor say they recorded monsters? Could it be the squid under the bed? Maybe this bed monster is more active and has sound.
    They didn't. Voice actors were just saying "Monstaaahs!" which meant nothing...

I am kind of disappointed with news since we've been waiting for a long time for any new info. But now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. EA's previous strategy sucked big time. I mean no news for a few months, hashtag games but basically no news. Right now they try to change something, to try a new way to present upcoming content so players will keep an interest for the game. This means that they understand that something has to be changed.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hopefully the kids stuffpack adds stuff for adults as well like swings,seesaws,hopscotch,sprinklers and those water things we got in generations.
  • Options
    Hopefully the kids stuffpack adds stuff for adults as well like swings,seesaws,hopscotch,sprinklers and those water things we got in generations.

Max two objects of gameplay and it's a kids SP don't try and make it an adult one.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Stuff pack will never add swings and seesaws. Simgurugraham said that they don't have enough human resources like programmers to work on such things like swings. It can be done only within game pack or expansion pack. For the stuff packs they mostly create objects with new game play which uses existing animation. For example hot tub uses existing animation of the couch.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Feyona wrote: »
    Stuff pack will never add swings and seesaws. Simgurugraham said that they don't have enough human resources like programmers to work on such things like swings. It can be done only within game pack or expansion pack. For the stuff packs they mostly create objects with new game play which uses existing animation. For example hot tub uses existing animation of the couch.

It all has to do with budget. Not because they don't have enough ''human resources'' for it.

@SimGuruGraham Mentioned how some objects require a lot of animation work to be done, that simply doesn't fit the budget for a Stuff Pack, but is better suited for bigger packs such as EP's and GP's, since they have bigger budgets.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    That was the Big News???? I like the tiny video but they really should have given us more... Since they took over it is getting worse and worse. Sorry for Venting but they need to give us more news updates like they did in Sims 3 and other Sims games.....

SGD already said that it wasn't meant to be an announcement but more of an outline of what content we should expect within the next 2-3 months. (Which would explain why there aren't any release dates). They're still going to do the usual teaser trailer on Tuesday and full trailer + blog post on Wednesday for each pack..

Am I getting this right @SimGuruDrake

Spot on! :)

Wednesday being to tomorrow? :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well, I'm glad now to know we are getting some sort of restaurant service, the waiter taking an order is the highlight for me in that teaser..
    I hope we get table proposal back.
    I'm afraid to speculate about the tentacle under the kid's bed .. I don't want to raise my hopes on that if it's just a stuff pack.. of course we got the wishing well with a stuff pack so it could be something ...
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member
    Meh. Restaurants and a kid's stuff pack? I expected better.
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @simgurudrake

Is the 15 second video all you were talking about in terms of today's announcement and opening the lines of communication?

Where is the rest? I was expecting a big blog post showing some of what is to come (with, of course, lots of details kept as a surprise) as well as some of the thinking behind the decisions that have been made, future plans, and what our feedback means to the development team.

If that is it.... I am so disappointed. :(

Hello klovesjen,

What was provided is exactly what I said it would be, a look at things to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months.

This is not meant to replace our usual pack announcements (which provide the title, the release date, and deep dives into some of the content found in the pack). These seasonal teaser videos are meant to show you a look ahead for 2-3 months so that you know what type of pack, what the theme of the pack is, and around when to expect to get deep dives into information.

I never promised a blog nor some intense deep dive. What was given is exactly what I stated.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Feyona wrote: »

It all has to do with budget. Not because they don't have enough ''human resources'' for it.

@SimGuruGraham Mentioned how some objects require a lot of animation work to be done, that simply doesn't fit the budget for a Stuff Pack, but is better suited for bigger packs such as EP's and GP's, since they have bigger budgets.
    Well, it's actually the same. More "human resources" required to create the content, more money has to be invested. From this conversation on twitter I make a conclusion that the work that has to be done requires lots of hours or lots of people to work on the content which means that it requires more money to be invested in development. So what's wrong with my post?

@MarianaF53 Lovely new stuff pack. But can you add Swings too? : ))
    @SimGuruGraham That's one of the things we were considering for Romantic Garden Stuff; the animation needs didn't fit a stuff pack's scope.

The SimScraper ‏You guys didn't include swings in RG but is it possible for them to come in another SP? Also working sprinklers? @SimGuruGraham
    @TheSimScraper @only24ever After investigating swings for Romantic Garden, it seems unlikely that work for them would fit in a stuff pack.
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Trowiciaaa wrote: »
    This news got a lot of people like
    oosIT.gif

I didn't expect much out of it and from the looks of it that was exactly the case.

I'm waiting for dinner and this made me totally lol....his facial expression explained mined when I saw the teaser video.