Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the frig, SimGuruDrake?

@simgurudrake

Is the 15 second video all you were talking about in terms of today's announcement and opening the lines of communication?

Where is the rest? I was expecting a big blog post showing some of what is to come (with, of course, lots of details kept as a surprise) as well as some of the thinking behind the decisions that have been made, future plans, and what our feedback means to the development team.

If that is it.... I am so disappointed. :(

Comments

• I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Someone is clearly telling them not to talk much about the game. Maybe preparing expectations of less contact as they wind down the series.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It was explained clearly by a dev that for USA tax reasons content info can not be released too far in advance. I'm from New Zealand and so I don't understand your tax laws but the main point was that if they release info and then it gets delayed they can not make money from anything sold in that quarter. EA is a business and so they have to abide by the tax laws. @luthienrising do you have the link to the dev's post?
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016
    CrackFox wrote: »
    It confirmed the theme of the next 2 packs. Better than nothing. No one said this was going to be huge. Only a few of the gurus even mentioned it on twitter. It's our fault. We build up our hopes too high.

I didn't. And tbh I'm fine. Really curious about the restaurants and the kids pack now. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want more information, but I think this is far preferable to the blanket of silence we've been getting, no?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    I am really happy with the info... and the fact that it is ongoing. From now on we will always get a snippet of info on what is coming up. It's a HUGE step forward from where we were before... in the dark not knowing anything.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Well it may not be much but it's something. We got some sort of insight on 2 packs and that's fine with me even though it was short. They probably didn't make it longer or in depth because the announcement where it's release date is announced would seem repetitive and give barely any reason to mention some type of gameplay if it's already in a video. I can't wait for the 2 packs to be released, I think some of the community got heard which is great
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want more information, but I think this is far preferable to the blanket of silence we've been getting, no?
    Agreed. I'm sure everyone would love to hear more, but I definitely prefer this over literally nothing.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @simgurudrake

Is the 15 second video all you were talking about in terms of today's announcement and opening the lines of communication?

Where is the rest? I was expecting a big blog post showing some of what is to come (with, of course, lots of details kept as a surprise) as well as some of the thinking behind the decisions that have been made, future plans, and what our feedback means to the development team.

Hello klovesjen,

What was provided is exactly what I said it would be, a look at things to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months.

This is not meant to replace our usual pack announcements (which provide the title, the release date, and deep dives into some of the content found in the pack). These seasonal teaser videos are meant to show you a look ahead for 2-3 months so that you know what type of pack, what the theme of the pack is, and around when to expect to get deep dives into information.

I never promised a blog nor some intense deep dive. What was given is exactly what I stated.

Can you tell us if restaurants will also be available to run as a business for our Sims? If they aren't then we need to know because people are assuming now for the most part they will be and the hype has already grown around that idea. Better to find out now if they wont be and nip to hype in the bud. It's letting this kind of false hype continue that leads to the angry threads later down the line.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm sure everyone would love to hear more, but I definitely prefer this over literally nothing.

This ^^^

It is so much better than being left in the dark.
    Agreed @ChloeDeCookie this is a direct result of @SimGuruDrake listening to our concerns about the lack of info. We got what we asked for... a hint about what is up-coming and the broad outline of what the pack will be about. :+1:

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @simgurudrake

Hello klovesjen,

What was provided is exactly what I said it would be, a look at things to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months.

This is not meant to replace our usual pack announcements (which provide the title, the release date, and deep dives into some of the content found in the pack). These seasonal teaser videos are meant to show you a look ahead for 2-3 months so that you know what type of pack, what the theme of the pack is, and around when to expect to get deep dives into information.

I never promised a blog nor some intense deep dive. What was given is exactly what I stated.

Can you tell us if restaurants will also be available to run as a business for our Sims? If they aren't then we need to know because people are assuming now for the most part they will be and the hype has already grown around that idea. Better to find out now if they wont be and nip to hype in the bud. It's letting this kind of false hype continue that leads to the angry threads later down the line.

They have told us exactly all they can tell us right now. If they could have said more, they would have. We simply must be patient.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Let's just be thankful that we're not in the dark anymore.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Thanks for giving us a sneak peek. :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I'm happy with this set-up because it's by far better than no info at all until the official announcement. Which was what we have been getting up until today. So I do not understand why some of you are still complaining about this when you should be greatful that they are sharing info on what we expect in the next two months at all.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @NZsimm3r Exactly. Tbh I don't see why people complaining because this is what the people wanted. They said they wanted communication and they got it. Shouldn't we all just be glad that we got some sort of information at all instead of expecting more. It may be short but did anyone really say it was going to be in depth?
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
    @ChloeDeCookie exactly!! I think most people assume it is a trailer... which it isn't. It's an info peek! How cool that we will always know what the devs are broadly working on now. :)

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm happy with this set-up because it's by far better than no info at all until the official announcement. Which was what we have been getting up until today. So I do not understand why some of you are still complaining about this when you should be greatful that they are sharing info on what we expect in the next two months at all.

Well, playing the other side of the coin here too...I don't know about grateful. I am certainly grateful to the Gurus for giving us this information, but I don't know if grateful is really the world we should be using for EA. they should have started this a while ago when the backlash about how tight they've been on the information front, and how many people were getting upset with the lack of information. I would say...thank you for listening to us EA suits, but I'm more mollified than grateful. I don't want to go overboard on it and think they've got me looking out of rose colored glasses, either. :p
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
    Yeah.. agree @jcp011c2 I don't think grateful is a term I'd hang on any business... but I get what you mean @sunman502 ...it's nice to have some info now for sure.

• Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Someone give me a toddler!
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Reasons why I never get so hyped up and expect big. I've settled to expect less and guess what, I'm not disappointed at all.

For some reasons things are not the same as it used to be before in the other series, communication wise, and I've settled to just deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top