Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant Gamepack/Childrens stuff pack LEAKED!

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    So has there been an official announcement because all I'm reading is speculation over a 15 second clip which was taken down...it's all so underwhelming and sad

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/884785/a-look-ahead-for-spring-early-summer-2016#latest
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Maybe that new chest is special that children can do with it. New costumes, toys that come alive, or something like that. Who knows! :)
  • Options
    Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    klovesjen wrote: »
    @simgurudrake

Is the 15 second video all you were talking about in terms of today's announcement and opening the lines of communication?

Where is the rest? I was expecting a big blog post showing some of what is to come (with, of course, lots of details kept as a surprise) as well as some of the thinking behind the decisions that have been made, future plans, and what our feedback means to the development team.

If that is it.... I am so disappointed. :(

Hello klovesjen,

What was provided is exactly what I said it would be, a look at things to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months.

This is not meant to replace our usual pack announcements (which provide the title, the release date, and deep dives into some of the content found in the pack). These seasonal teaser videos are meant to show you a look ahead for 2-3 months so that you know what type of pack, what the theme of the pack is, and around when to expect to get deep dives into information.

I never promised a blog nor some intense deep dive. What was given is exactly what I stated.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • Options
    flippinmaryflippinmary Posts: 180 Member
    Spring will end on June 20 and Summer begin. Then

April: No pack
    May: No pack
    June: GP03
    July: SP07

I always thought spring was March April & May?
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Spring will end on June 20 and Summer begin. Then

April: No pack
    May: No pack
    June: GP03
    July: SP07

I always thought spring was March April & May?

Spring is March 21 - June 21 (ish)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    edited April 2016
    Haiden wrote: »
    Well them asking for our retail store saves now kinda makes sence, since running a restaurant would probably utilize the same gameplay just tweaked for restaurants this time round.

Though I still hope they tweak it if they do, restaurant management in OFB suffered greatly because of the shopping system they tacked it on to (requirement of expensive skilled chef, requirement of at least three workers, low food prices and only one diner per table, who spend the first hour deciding if they want to eat there).
  • Options
    FranSimsFranSims Posts: 30 Member
    And what is the content, a first for The Sims 4, who have never seen in other sims, which would be announced today?
  • Options
    FranSims wrote: »
    And what is the content, a first for The Sims 4, who have never seen in other sims, which would be announced today?

No one ever promised anything like that for today. I don't know why people are upset.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »

No one ever promised anything like that for today. I don't know why people are upset.

It was never said we would get content never seen before in The Sims, but it's a shame we cannot expect and actually receive that.

I, for one, am a bit sick of paying for what I already have in the past versions, which were done better previously than their rehashed counterparts.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

It was never said we would get content never seen before in The Sims, but it's a shame we cannot expect and actually receive that.

I, for one, am a bit sick of paying for what I already have in the past versions, which were done better previously than their rehashed counterparts.

We may still get that, in the future. However, for today we were only promised a bit of communication. For some reason the forums took that to mean a huge announcement with balloons and an elephant and free toddlers for all. And now, after once again jumping to conclusions, are once again disappointed that they did not get what they had no reason to expect.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

We may still get that, in the future. However, for today we were only promised a bit of communication. For some reason the forums took that to mean a huge announcement with balloons and an elephant and free toddlers for all. And now, after once again jumping to conclusions, are once again disappointed that they did not get what they had no reason to expect.

Well, I personally was not expecting toddlers at all, especially after SimGuruDrake coming on the forums and confirming they would not be in the announcement at all. I highly doubt a large portion of fans were expecting toddlers either after that confirmation, so that's a bad assumption to make, don't you think?

However, I was expecting different themes, ones that I'd vouch are needed for the game more so than restaurants or reskinned furniture/clutter for children at this time. It is not wrong to have expected, or wanted something else.
  • Options
    mrswoo5mrswoo5 Posts: 2,143 Member
    Oh sweet baby pancakes praise the Sim gods, it is restaraunts! I'm so freaking happy right now but I need to know if we can propose at the table again.

Hold your horses we may only get a table and two chairs, nothing else confirmed yet.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

Well, I personally was not expecting toddlers at all, especially after SimGuruDrake coming on the forums and confirming they would not be in the announcement at all. I highly doubt a large portion of fans were expecting toddlers either after that confirmation, so that's a bad assumption to make, don't you think?

However, I was expecting different themes, ones that I'd vouch are needed for the game more so than restaurants or reskinned furniture/clutter for children at this time. It is not wrong to have expected, or wanted something else.

Actually, from what I was reading here the other day, in spite of the confirmation that they had no news about toddlers, (some) people were still expecting an announcement about toddlers. People are convinced they're going to pop up with that SP too.

What themes would you have liked?

• Options

I really only meant it as an exaggeration of a grand event. However, there are still people that think for some reason toddlers will be given to us for mother's day, despite repeatedly being told they are not being worked on right now. Maybe someday we will get them, but today is not that day.
  • Options
    RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Intresting and getting me back excited
  • Options
    RosiaMia_ wrote: »

Oh really? :O Dang it Graham-verse....he always finds a way....

Now I'm REALLY curious about wth is on that SP fo kids! But the monster is clearly gameplay....I think.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Thank you, @Piperbird and @ Sk8rblaze for clarifying my doubts.
  • Options
    Does cooking career in the sims 4 with restaurant gamepack will be an active career or not?
  • Options
    Does cooking career in the sims 4 with restaurant gamepack will be an active career or not?

Very likely no. But you could pretend. I think it's better this way. Because otherwise you wouldn't be able to be a mixologist and own a restaurant.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    GabbyGirlJ wrote: »
    Notice that the tables have only 2 chairs. That's to keep other sims from joining your dating couples however I assume you'll be able to add seats for children. I just hope those arn't the only new tables. I want a variety of restuarents. I want diner type tables as well.

Cgaj5O-UYAIFed8.jpg

I also noticed that the tables only have 2 chairs. That troubles me a bit. I'm guessing kids won't be able to eat at them? Hope I'm wrong about that. But, it looks like they're marketing it as an almost romantic thing. Maybe table proposals will return? Definitely not sure. It looks like it will probably function a lot like the bistro set from TS3. Maybe the table is the item that the wait staff is "tied" to. I wonder if there's an actual oven or podium too? It's hard to tell very much of anything from that short video.

That's alot of speculation for a single photo. How about instead of just assuming the worst wait until you can be sure about this.
  • Options
    > @Sigzy05 said:
    > FranSims wrote: »
    >
    > Does cooking career in the sims 4 with restaurant gamepack will be an active career or not?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Very likely no. But you could pretend. I think it's better this way. Because otherwise you wouldn't be able to be a mixologist and own a restaurant.

> @Sigzy05 said:
    > FranSims wrote: »
    >
    > Does cooking career in the sims 4 with restaurant gamepack will be an active career or not?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Very likely no. But you could pretend. I think it's better this way. Because otherwise you wouldn't be able to be a mixologist and own a restaurant.

But it would be nice to have the active culinary career, reaching the last level of career and be become the master chef, and then you can have your own restaurant. Starting from the bottom atigir the top.
  • Options
    kphillips2977kphillips2977 Posts: 135 Member
    I wasn't actually expecting anything. Glad they are doing things this way, because now I know for the next couple of months I don't have to bother waiting to hear something, I already know they aren't fixing that one game issue and I don't really expect to see the T word, ever in the sims 4 until close to the end of its iteration, if at all. I don't feel disappointed by the news. I just know that unless that issue is fixed, I can't even bother to play with the content I have already paid for. That's the only disappointment I have and well I have had that for 6+ months now, so its not anything new to share. I have no plans to spend anymore of my money on this game. Restaurants seem cool but I can't even bother to invest in them because, my sims have work at home to do and spend most their time at home doing them. Its what I told my husband today, if I have a sim that has a day off and I'm like cool I can take this sim out, but first I have to have my other sim do their work at home, then by time they are done, it is to late to take my other sim out on the town and it is just a terrible experience.
    [img][/img]001701c.gif

• Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I wasn't disappointed at this, I got a bigger look at what's to come than I expected to be honest, people are treating this small video announcement like it's not important but they literally gave us the theme, around the time it'll release and a few of the objects and gameplay found in the Pack. I'm rather content considering the Gurus never said anything about revealing allot of information, this is actually what I imagined a 'look into the future' video would be like for The Sims xd
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I'm very happy about the videos and how they presented so thank you @SimGuruDrake. It gave me a nice nostalgia of the old leaflet videos. I knew tragic clown was coming because modders found it in the files. Nice to know the prediction of restaurants came true and I guess will be interesting to see them in a game pack for a change. I just hope they are as detailed as the Sims 1 and 2 restaurants and very open and Sims can run restaurants too. The children's pack reminds me of the Teen Style Stuff pack, so I was very happy to see a pack dedicated towards children. It is just not feeling disappointed for a change. I was expecting to be I admit since I wasn't expecting more than the usual things from past Sims 4 packs and patches. I am curious if the monster under the bed will be interactable or not like a NPC.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller